Cockpit Callback Version x14 --- STILL works with X3 v2.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How do you feel that the X2 cockpits are back in?

YEY!!! I've been waiting sense October for this!!!
36%
Sweet! I'm going to reinstall X3 now!
9%
Great! This will definetly add the atmosphere that was missing!
40%
Meh, doesn't really add much.
8%
You just unleased the demons from hell apon us all! :'(
7%

Total votes: 1194

TheBypasser
x3

Post by TheBypasser » Thu, 16. Nov 06, 16:51

tested with 2.0
As I expected, it works, but also an even brighter side - M3+ uses M3's config so shares M3 cockpits! Also M7 uses one from M6 with no patching as well..
Attach the nails and electrodes!

Yeorin
x3

Post by Yeorin » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 00:24

I'm having some trouble with it.

I'm trying to use both Capital Rebalance and the Cockpit Callback mods. So, I figured I would just copy the 'fake patch' files for the Cockpit Callback into the main directory (like the read-me says), and then use Capital Rebalance from the mods list.

However, there are no cockpits. >.>

It's worth noting that there are already '07.dat' and '07.cat' files (the name of the callback fake patch files) present in the X3 directory. I backed these up before pasting in the Callback ones, luckily.

Is there something I'm missing here?

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 10:44

Yeorin wrote:I'm having some trouble with it.

I'm trying to use both Capital Rebalance and the Cockpit Callback mods. So, I figured I would just copy the 'fake patch' files for the Cockpit Callback into the main directory (like the read-me says), and then use Capital Rebalance from the mods list.

However, there are no cockpits. >.>

It's worth noting that there are already '07.dat' and '07.cat' files (the name of the callback fake patch files) present in the X3 directory. I backed these up before pasting in the Callback ones, luckily.

Is there something I'm missing here?
Capital Rebalance mod is old and no longer maintained and it is not compatible with the lastest X3 patches, don't use it or it will screw your game.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Yeorin
x3

Post by Yeorin » Fri, 24. Nov 06, 16:37

BlackRazor wrote:
Capital Rebalance mod is old and no longer maintained and it is not compatible with the lastest X3 patches, don't use it or it will screw your game.
=O

Really? I liked that one back when I first used it before I uninstalled. That's a shame.

Oh well...thanks for the warning.

diddltoutmimi
x4

Post by diddltoutmimi » Fri, 2. Feb 07, 11:27

Hello !

Do you have a cockpits mod 1.4 with minimal hud please ?

DiddToutMimi

IceZoR
x3tc

Post by IceZoR » Sun, 4. Feb 07, 06:47

any chance for a partial install like only get cockpits for TS/TP, M6, M1, M2?
AMD X2 4400+ 2MBcache, HIS ATI 1950XTX 512MB, 2x 1GB Kingston 3200 LL Ram, 1TB+ HDD

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Wed, 7. Feb 07, 20:54

the cockpit callback w/ minimal hud 1.3 should be fine for 1.4 (I used it in 1.4 and it works great ^^). As for with 2.0, I'm not sure. My guess is that it should work fine, though.
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

narn
x3

Post by narn » Thu, 8. Feb 07, 20:16

I was wondering if this mod is the same mod as the cockpit call back mod by imp that you can download from the offical downloads section.

I was also wondering if it was not then what would be the advantage of me using this one over that one.

Any information would be helpfull, thanks.

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 08:54

Galaxy613's mod and Imps mod are two separate works.

Galaxy613's mod was the first and it will bring all the X2 cockpits to the X3 ships. No more, no less.

Imp's mod does basically the same but Imp also created special cockpits for capital ships. This mod was heavily advertised by Egosoft so they had something to come with.

Anyway both are now obsolete IMHO as there is now X2 Cockit Fix from TheBypasser which does the same the Galaxy613's mod does, but all the cockpit meshes are improved and they have propper lighting and bumpmapping.

Klyith
x3

Post by Klyith » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 17:46

doubleshadow wrote:Anyway both are now obsolete IMHO as there is now X2 Cockit Fix from TheBypasser which does the same the Galaxy613's mod does, but all the cockpit meshes are improved and they have propper lighting and bumpmapping.
The downside is that TheBypasser's mod only has M3-M6, TS, & TP cockpits. Personally if I was using a cockpit mod I'd want more or less the opposite ones, that is cockpits only on big ships and not on fighters. Hopefully he's working on the big ones.

TheBypasser
x3

Post by TheBypasser » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 02:20

NP - you can use my patch over default CC and it will not remove the bigship, Khaak and Xenon cockpits, but will patch the ones it does..
Attach the nails and electrodes!

Pantalaimon
x3

Post by Pantalaimon » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 02:42

TheBypasser wrote:NP - you can use my patch over default CC and it will not remove the bigship, Khaak and Xenon cockpits, but will patch the ones it does..
Yup, did this and absolutely love it, those new shaders really work a charme. Just don't install the first package (10.cat/dat).
Coz I never went gold of one song,
I'm runnin up on someone's lawn,
Wth guns drawn...

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Thu, 29. Mar 07, 21:58

im having trouble with this mod, i really want cockpit but the problem is, as soon i manipulate anything relate to missiles, my computer totally lock-up and need to unplug the power cable... i disabled the cockpit and now everything runs fine...

Is it possible this bug is relate to the missile countdown ( missile remaining little info )?

Seriphyn
x3

Post by Seriphyn » Sat, 14. Apr 07, 14:21

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before but I'm not willing to scan 27 pages :lol:

I've installed the cockpit mod that was available on egosoft's main page. I can't turn it off now since the savegame depends on it. This cockpit mod is the one compatible with the Xtended mod; the one I have isn't. If I downloaded and installed this, I would have to start up a new game to get it right? :(

Do these add original cockpits for ALL ships? For example, IMP's one adds in new fancy bridges for TS ships, and several other ones for Argon ships. The rest are from X2. What does this mod have in comparison?

UCS_Invincible

Post by UCS_Invincible » Tue, 5. Jun 07, 05:46

Hi guys. I seem to have some confusion/problems about this mod. I've extracted all the files into my X3 directory, but when I loaded my savegame, the game crashes and it went back to the desktop.

After I removed the 07 files(.dat and the security file) the game works fine. But no cockpits. I've checked this thread and I tried clicking "Original" at the game launcher(in launch mod button) as someone has told. But no success. The game still crashes with all the files in the game directory.

Actually, I'm a bit confused with the installation method. The readme doesn't remove my confusion(sorry galaxy). Which file I should extract to the game directory? The .dat files or the security files? :?

Oh, and this is my first post here(yeah, I'm still a n00b). Nice to meet all. :P
Any modders here have played Nexus The Jupiter Incident? Can I make a request for a ship mod(Angelwing)? Thanks if anybody could develop it.

Blueman
x3tc

Post by Blueman » Tue, 5. Jun 07, 23:09

07 files looks like u downloaded the fake patch. Just try to download it as a mod and use it as a mod.

And for the user b4 u, to remove the scripts: Get in a spacesuit and savegame, exit, startgame without cockpit, done

UCS_Invincible

Post by UCS_Invincible » Fri, 8. Jun 07, 10:49

Should I extract all the files in the zip into my game directory?

I've done that, but the game crashes when I load my savegame. Which files in the zip file should I extract. I still confused about the installation method of this mod. :?
Any modders here have played Nexus The Jupiter Incident? Can I make a request for a ship mod(Angelwing)? Thanks if anybody could develop it.

Iifrit Tambuur-san
x3tc

Post by Iifrit Tambuur-san » Fri, 8. Jun 07, 11:23

In this rar archive are the 07.dat and .cat and the (I didn't remember the excat name) cockpitcallbackmod.dat and .cat.

Both files are the same!!!!

So if you want to use this mod as fake patch you have to rename one pair of .dat/cat into the highest number in our X3 game directory.

For example:
you use X3 2.0.0.2 -> rename the 07.dat/cat into 10.dat/cat.
if you using XTM too, you will have to rename them into 11.dat/cat and so on.

If you want to use this mod as a mod and not as a fake patch, copy the cockpitcallbackmod.dat/cat into your mods directory in your X3 game directory.
Select this as your default mod, have fun.
Passierschein A38.5 gefunden!
[ external image ]
"Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise lösen, durch die sie entstanden sind." Albert Einstein

Mad Ashy
x3

Post by Mad Ashy » Sun, 10. Jun 07, 06:50

Does this mod work with X3 Xtended 7 mod?

I installed it and all seems fine exept none of my fighters that I own will fire their main guns. it's hard to tell if other have this problem with or without this cockpit mod. When in a Nova or Eliet my main guns work when I whatch my own ships fight pirates they only fire their turrets even though their main weapons are installed.

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Sat, 16. Jun 07, 09:16

also curious if the latest version of this works with 2.0.02, and also wondering how i can also get minimal hud, since it isn't included with the latest cockpit version here

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”