Cockpit Callback Version x14 --- STILL works with X3 v2.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How do you feel that the X2 cockpits are back in?

YEY!!! I've been waiting sense October for this!!!
36%
Sweet! I'm going to reinstall X3 now!
9%
Great! This will definetly add the atmosphere that was missing!
40%
Meh, doesn't really add much.
8%
You just unleased the demons from hell apon us all! :'(
7%

Total votes: 1194

TomRobinson
x4

Post by TomRobinson » Thu, 19. May 11, 00:15

Mr Rogers I indebted to you again, thanks dude

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sun, 3. Jul 11, 21:39

I know I've already mentioned before that I had managed to fix a problem I had, but can anyone tell me why the hell the correct Split cockpits don't show in my game? Even though the correct path appears in the relevant .cat file? :evil:

I.E If I open 'PluginManager.cat' all the Caiman varients have:

ships\split\cockpits\split_ts_cp_scene

But the cockpits still dont show!!

The only way I can get a cockpit to show on the Caiman's is to add a working one to them. So I have changed the above to path to point to the Mercury cockpits and that appears to work.

But I would like to get the correct ones to display.

I'm running X3R with XTM

Ive already discovered that the Boron Angel has no cockpit associated with it. So I simply added the Manta cockpit to it. That worked to.

It's the Split TS ships that I need help with.
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Sun, 24. Jul 11, 05:28

I have lost the website I was hosting on before, and I have also lost the harddrive to a hardware crash. If anyone has any of these files please PM me, otherwise, please download the IMP. cockpit callback mod that's offically hosted by Egosoft.

http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3/bonu ... wnload=163

I remember having problems with the Split and Teladi TS ships before, I think they for some reason removed the cockpits but only for those class of ships. I don't have any solution for that sorry. :\ I haven't modded X3 for like 3 years now..
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sun, 24. Jul 11, 23:28

What files do you need Galaxy?
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 25. Jul 11, 01:14

Just CCX14.zip, but I missed on page 30:
przemo1337 wrote:Just look back at the topic, it was already posted: http://azzx3.free.fr/div/CCX14.zip
So if you could reupload it somewhere else for extra safekeeping that'll be awesome!

It seems like the Teladi cockpits were messed up because of a bad folder name, I wonder if something like that is the issue with Split cockpits. I don't have the time ATM to work on this tho. :\
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 25. Jul 11, 20:14

Galaxy613 wrote:So if you could reupload it somewhere else for extra safekeeping that'll be awesome!
Already have it uploaded to Mediafire. Here's another linky:

http://www.mediafire.com/?kqh0vwd97t3s2p2
Galaxy613 wrote:It seems like the Teladi cockpits were messed up because of a bad folder name, I wonder if something like that is the issue with Split cockpits. I don't have the time ATM to work on this tho. :\
You did fix the Teladi ones? I think!

From the Readme:

Code: Select all

COCKPIT CALLBACK
For X3 1.4

Egosoft got cockpits working again! Imp.- has released his Cockpit Callback, and now the hard-core group who likes their classic X2 cockpits are calling for a new release of my Cockpit Callback! Well here it is!

This zip/rar comes with two catalogs, first is the standard catalog which you put into your mods directory if you want to use it like a normal mod ("CockpitCallbackX14") but theres another ("07") which you can put into your main X3 directory and it'll work as a fake patch. And sense Egosoft fixed the cockpits, this fake patch will not interfere with any other mods!

*5/04/06* Bad folder name disallowed Teledi craft from receiveing their cockpits. This has been remedied in both "CockpitCallbackX14" mod and "07" fake patch.

Questions? Comments? PM Galaxy613 on the Egosoft forums!
-G613
Although I don't think I've tried any yet. If you need help, I'll see what I can do. I've already added the Manta cockpit to the XTM Boron Angel. :D So I may be able to fix the others?
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

SmackinJuice
x3tc

Post by SmackinJuice » Tue, 26. Jul 11, 06:39

Wait which one do I install? egosofts then I install the 1.4?

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 26. Jul 11, 19:46

SmackinJuice wrote:Wait which one do I install? egosofts then I install the 1.4?
No. You install either, the one on Egosofts download page or this one. NOT both! lol
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

SmackinJuice
x3tc

Post by SmackinJuice » Wed, 27. Jul 11, 08:17

Whats the difference between all of them?

the cockpits graphics are kinda bad, but understandable considering someone had to take the ones from X2 and their wasn't any new ones made in X3.

Oh well, I just love me some cockpits either way! Once I beat reunion and start TC i'll probably leave them off, it just feels like i'm not flying a ship without a cockpit though. I feel like i'm a flying head that can fly really fast and make lasers appear from my mind.

Also I can fart up a rocket.

just don't ask where I keep the cargo.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 27. Jul 11, 10:32

SmackinJuice wrote:Whats the difference between all of them?
If I remember correctly Imp included new argon cockpits in his cockpit mod, while Galaxy613 only uses the ones from X2.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

squall_leonhart

Post by squall_leonhart » Fri, 21. Oct 11, 16:58

does this include the xshuttle cockpit?

can't seem to get that with the official egosoft pack.

edit

no it doesn't, but it IS available in the X3 Reunion resources at 4566

Gbas

Post by Gbas » Wed, 28. Dec 11, 03:59

Hey guys, im tottaly new to the X universe, just bought x super pack on steam promotion, played x2 but all the bad defined star turned me down, them i got on X3 reunion, BANG there´s no cockpit lol, them i heard about this mod, but, i dont know how to install it x.x

i have put CockpitCallbackX14 the 2 files on my mods folder, and them on game startup i selected on the mod list, but, i cant see no cockpit ingame x.x

rafezetter
x3

Not 100 sure but....

Post by rafezetter » Thu, 8. Mar 12, 09:54

@ Gbas... I think you might have to turn the game into a modified version, to do that go to the part where you can rename your pilot, it's around somewhere.. have a rummage about, no, over there... right now hit rename and type in "Thereshallbewings" note capital T and 2 ll's (no ") it shouldn't change your name but now the game should be a modified version. save, exit completely and reselect the mod at the launcher menu and see if that works..?

If not, ask someone intelligent who could help...

Ogilvy

Post by Ogilvy » Thu, 24. Dec 15, 15:43

I'm new to this game only 2 days.

On Steam/Linux I just installed the game, added the bonus pack scripts then downloaded Galaxy's cockpit mod.

Put the CockpitCallbackX14.cat/CockpitCallbackX14.dat files in the mod folder (~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/X3 - Reunion/mods/), activated the mod and launched the game. The first ship you start with, (Buster), has no cockpit. Nothing seems to be happening. Using ver 2.5a build 32.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”