[Script] AStar Pathfinder v1.3 (Mar 3)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 18:18

dpadula wrote:I am also unable to get this script. Please update this link.

Thank you
AalaarDB has gone missing so I have temporarily uploaded the file on Rapidshare, here's the link.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Tue, 22. Aug 06, 22:04

THank you very much. I will test this out tonight hopefully.
\And I hope that we can locate AalaarDB soon.

Makes some cool scripts.
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
256 gd boot ssd and 1 tb data ssd
Windows 10

Merricat
x4

Post by Merricat » Wed, 25. Oct 06, 04:58

I hate to ask, but the rapidshare link is dead now and I haven't been able to find a mirror for this.

Could someone repost this somewhere please?

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Wed, 25. Oct 06, 09:53

Reuploaded here

Merricat
x4

Post by Merricat » Fri, 27. Oct 06, 02:22

Thank you!

Tempelaars24
x3ap

Post by Tempelaars24 » Wed, 24. Jan 07, 15:04

Does anyone know if this affect's UT's?!? ive read the read me ive read every post.. it seems to have not been answerd despite it being aske'd. Im going to assume it doest as UT's use the Sell ware comand rather than the Dock at or move to sector comand.. though i could be wrong

mrjingo
x4

Post by mrjingo » Wed, 24. Jan 07, 18:19

i would also like to know how this affects Ut's

bump

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 05:08

Rawr ~Shunt~

Minsc

Post by Minsc » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 11:52

I actually dont know if it works by itself or it is to beuse by other scripters to implement in their scripts (look at first page). But if it works by itself then it will affect your UT's (could also be set to affect AI UT's) and the scripts could be edited to set how if UT's should take a longer route instead of a short one through enemy sector. Also you could set it individually for Xenons and Khaaks and pirates so that a UT can take a short cut through Pirate sectors but will always avoid Xenon and Khaak sectors.

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 02:26

the script substitute some major command, (essentially move_sector and dockat) by its own scripts :

Code: Select all

001   $PlayerOnly = [TRUE]
003   if $PlayerOnly
004   * AStar is used only for player commands
005    global script map: set: key=COMMAND_MOVE_SECTOR, class=Ship, race=Player, script='ADB.AStar.FlyToSector', prio=0
006    global script map: set: key=COMMAND_DOCKAT, class=Ship, race=Player, script='ADB.AStar.FlyToStation', prio=0
007   else
008   * AStar is used for everyone, npc and player alike
009    global script map: set: key=COMMAND_MOVE_SECTOR, class=Ship, race=null, script='ADB.AStar.FlyToSector', prio=0
010    global script map: set: key=COMMAND_DOCKAT, class=Ship, race=null, script='ADB.AStar.FlyToStation', prio=0
011   end

so, all the scripts wich use these commands will use the news functionality added by 'AStar Pathfinder',but only for player's ship..
iou naud ouate, aille ama pis | Pilote IA | Site

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 15:56

This apparently doesn't really work.. or atleast for me. My ships seem to have an unnatural desire to enter extremely dangerous sectors, like Xenon Sectors and pirate sectors - in which they're made very very short work of. (even when they have a Jump Drive)

I changed the FOE setting to various numbers ranging from the 500 to about 8500.. but nothing seems to help.

Having your ship constantly enter a Xenon sector willingly, when they don't have to is very annoying.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Mon, 12. Feb 07, 16:45

Sure you set the prices/values correctly?

I'm really curious about how this script works - unfortunately, this page does not work as the server is said to be down.
a) Is there any other place the readme/explanation is uploaded?
b) Is it possible to get this as a .zip instead of a .spk and a .xml instead of a .pck?
c) @AalaarDB: May I use the idea/programming of this script for another one? (Changing all script names before changing anything else)
d) @Azz/anyone who knows: The "global script map: set: key..."-method works for all ships owned by the player, and does not depend on the randomness of setup calls?

That's it so far, would save me a lot of work...

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Tue, 13. Feb 07, 19:37

If you PM me your email I can send to you a zip file with the scripts in .xml and the readme.

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articl ... le2003.asp works very well, try again...
@Azz/anyone who knows: The "global script map: set: key..."-method works for all ships owned by the player
yes, but only for the commands launched by the menu, or for the scripts wich calls directly the commands ( start ship$ -> command ...)
and does not depend on the randomness of setup calls?
if another setup script modify the same 'global script map', it will erase your changes if it is loaded after yours, but the setups scripts are loaded in alphabetical order, so to avoid any problems, you can name yours 'setup.ZZxxxx.xml' for instance.

Obviously, two scripts redirecting the same commands will be incompatibles...

But there is not so much scripts that redirect the commands. :wink:
iou naud ouate, aille ama pis | Pilote IA | Site

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 13. Feb 07, 19:47

Okay, thanks. I managed to get a workaround by just (just!?!) changing the !move.movetosector, so it calls another script if the ship is mine. That's just enough for me. I also managed to be able to change pcks into xmls, and the readme is up here - now I just have to understand how it works, and move on...

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Sun, 18. Feb 07, 13:40

Yeah i'm pretty sure, judt don't go over 10,000 it says, it doesn't really say what values do what anywhere

I'm getting really really.. (am i allowed to swear and end with "off"?) at my UT's, why the hell they insist on going through Xenon sectors when they have a jump drive is beyond me. it's annoying, they're all level 25, right, yet some are /clearly/ more intelligent than others. my main UT, (i appended '(UT1)' to its name), the first UT i acquired, is perfect, it does everything right. very strange.
Also, is there any way at all to get freightors equipped with a JD to use it when set to "sell ware for best price" and "maintain station" ?
because they keep wanting to traverse many many many sectors to reach profitsss instead of jumping there, even the level 25's.

i can't seem to get the Satellite Limited Trader to work, either. it's installed, but i never get an option S:
Rawr.

halo112358
x3

Post by halo112358 » Wed, 14. Mar 07, 09:56

Can someone re-upload this elsewhere? Aparently Aalaar's strike9 account is empty ...and I love this script :D
*** modified ***

[ external image ]

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Wed, 14. Mar 07, 11:29

halo112358 wrote:Can someone re-upload this elsewhere? Aparently Aalaar's strike9 account is empty ...and I love this script :D
I have reuploaded the spk version on rapidshare.

halo112358
x3

Post by halo112358 » Wed, 14. Mar 07, 20:16

BlackRazor wrote:
halo112358 wrote:Can someone re-upload this elsewhere? Aparently Aalaar's strike9 account is empty ...and I love this script :D
I have reuploaded the spk version on rapidshare.
Thanks much.
*** modified ***

[ external image ]

halo112358
x3

Post by halo112358 » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 04:25

I hacked AStar to use a jumpdrive, if anyone else is interested I put it online over at Xai Corp: http://xai-corp.net/en/node/1382/

If you use it and like it let me know ;-) If you find a bug, send me a pm or open a ticket. Once it's tested by a few people I'll make a thread for it and stop polluting Aalaar's :D
*** modified ***

[ external image ]

Humble Merchant
x3

Post by Humble Merchant » Sat, 15. Sep 07, 21:24

To HALO or anyone else with the knowledge about this astar script function/system.

I was wondering if it is possible to make a similar replacement script like the jump enabled move.movetosector for the the move.movetosector script.

The reason is that the AI mostly uses the move.movetostation script and not the move.movetosector and then the AStar pathing is not used for the AI and it suicides into xenon sectors.

I was thinking if a replacement script for move.movetostation (similar to how the move.movetosector script works) could be made to force the AI that uses this script to also use the AStar pathfinding.

I have looked in the scripts but this is way over my head, any ideas would be good if any one knows!

Thanks.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”