[SCRIPT] Overtune BBS V1.50 : Updated 19/06/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think of the current pricing

Poll ended at Sun, 27. Nov 05, 12:32

Its too cheap
31%
i think its about right
51%
it should be cheaper
17%

Total votes: 35

Madeiner

Post by Madeiner » Fri, 22. Feb 08, 22:23

There's a command conflict with XTM in this script.
It's something about bounty hunter guild i think, even if i dont have it installed, this script registers some commands for it.
How can i remove them?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 22. Feb 08, 22:27

i assume u mean cnflicts in the plugin manager ?

if so, the the overtune and guild scripts use the same text file, so entrys for all commands are in the text file which is what the plugin manager is detecting.

however, if you dont have the bounty hunters guild running, then the command will not be used in game.

so there will be no conflict

Madeiner

Post by Madeiner » Fri, 22. Feb 08, 22:34

There is actually a conflict :(
Its in plugin manager, even if i dont have the bounty hunters guild installed.
It's also reflected in game:

Its on SHIP_35 "bounty hunters claim bounties"

The same command slot is used on a Ship in XTM, to generate Ecells from solar panels.
It is an auxiliary command.

When i reinit script caches, the Ecells command works ok; but after a few minutes (seconds?) the command reverts to Bounty hunters claim bounties, run in aux slots too, and the Ecells stop producing.

Since i'm not using the bounty hunters guild, i assume it could be safe to remove that command slot?

I dont know how to do it tho :p

Edit: i read your guide about commands slot, and if i understood it correctly (only had a quick look at it) it seems like i can change the commands slots directly from the T files.

However, since no scripts are using those slots registered in your T file, i think it's only a "text" problem, but the command should still generate Ecells as per XTM

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 22. Feb 08, 23:24

you seem to misunderstand my post.

the plugin manager reads the text files to find possible conflicts.

because the bounty hunters guild has text entrys in a common text file. Then the plugin manager picks up its command.

however, because you dont have the bounty hunters guild installed, even thou its in the text file, its not actually used in game, so shouldn't cause a conflict

you wont be able to change the command slot it uses in game, because it doesn't exist, only in the text files ;)

Enuo
x3

Post by Enuo » Mon, 1. Sep 08, 01:56

Its not a conflict in text, its an actual conflict in game cycrow. When the overtune bbs mod is installed, the command for goner aran generate energy cells, is replaced by bounty hunter guild: collect bounty.

As in my case: only mods installed on a fresh x3 patched install,

xtm .73 spk
overtune bbs spk

My goner aran which was set to generate energy cells when i saved my game. Is now commanded to, bounty hunter guild collect bounty. If i uninstall the overtune bbs script. Instantly the goner aran says its making energy cells again. It took me ages to figure out it was overtune bbs causing the goner aran to stop making energy cells, not sure why the overtune bbs script is associated with that bounty hunter guild command at all.

As long as overtune bbs is installed, the goner aran will NOT make energy cells, because the command has been replaced cycrow.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 1. Sep 08, 03:13

as i said, its a conflict in the text file

the overtune scirpt has nothing in it that will register the use of a command slot.

have you actually tryed to run the command, even thou its called something different to see what it actually does ?

instead of just assuming its not going to work because its named wrong.

what the command does is compeltly different to how it displays. Simply adding entris in a new text file can change the name completly of any command you want, but it will still function the same

Enuo
x3

Post by Enuo » Mon, 1. Sep 08, 08:51

Looks like youre right, even though it "says" bounty hunter, even when bounty hunter mod isnt installed at all, it continues to produce energy cells like normal.

The_Lost_Marauder

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Thu, 24. Sep 09, 22:20

ehi Cycrow, when playing I've noticed that AI ships are quite few, and if for some reasons I'm happy because game runs smoother, I was wondering if your addon ("mod" if you like) may affect AI ships presence.

BTW, did you receive my PM about translation complete? :?:

Yushatak

Post by Yushatak » Fri, 13. Apr 12, 00:18

Don't suppose this works for AP 2.0? :P

Same question for the other similarly-dated mods.. the guilds and the BBS ones.. I was about to install a bunch of them but then I started to think about it more closely..
~Yushatak
www.yushatak.com
www.youtube.com/yushatak
(I'm a partner doing LP)

HappyTHug

Big problem with script!

Post by HappyTHug » Sun, 7. Apr 13, 16:43

This is an awesome idea, and I like the balancing ideas, unfortunately I'm having a big issue with it. My normal max speed doesn't come anywhere near hurting my shields and hull, however when my boron tranporter flies through a gate, as usual, you start at an accellorated speed when arriving to the new sector. This pops the shield and hull damage on, and there is no way I can slow down fast enough to avoid hull damage.

So I would love it if you somehow fixed that. Otherwise some instructions on how to disable shield and hull damage in the script editor would be great. I know how to get into it, but I don't really know what I'm doing once there.

Thanks!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 12. Apr 13, 12:33

Yushatak wrote:Don't suppose this works for AP 2.0? :P

Same question for the other similarly-dated mods.. the guilds and the BBS ones.. I was about to install a bunch of them but then I started to think about it more closely..
No, lack of BBS and changes in TC/AP means it wont work at all.

i did want to build a TC/AP version of all my scripts.
unfortautlly i have 1000's of things i would like to add to AP and no time to actually do any of them

Shockonator

Post by Shockonator » Mon, 16. Sep 13, 00:49

Cycrow wrote:
Yushatak wrote:Don't suppose this works for AP 2.0? :P

No, lack of BBS and changes in TC/AP means it wont work at all.

i did want to build a TC/AP version of all my scripts.
unfortautlly i have 1000's of things i would like to add to AP and no time to actually do any of them
Before I download this incredible piece, which I have been looking for ages, want to make sure.. This is not compatible with AP 3.0? If not, sad... :(

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 16. Sep 13, 16:30

Your question has already been anwered in the post you just quoted.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Fri, 17. Jan 14, 02:33

This script is really great, personal customization is always a hit :D

I really want to use this but when I read through the thread I can't avoid getting a feeling that increasing the speed to the levels mentioned, like Nova to 300, feel overpower. No offense to Cycrow or anyone else, its just my feeling, its just about preferences :)

So I wonder if it is possible to set a limit on how much I can overtune/optimize ships rudder, and maybe also change settings for when shield drain should start?

Thanks for any help :)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”