[SCRIPT] Overtune BBS V1.50 : Updated 19/06/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think of the current pricing

Poll ended at Sun, 27. Nov 05, 12:32

Its too cheap
31%
i think its about right
51%
it should be cheaper
17%

Total votes: 35

beakaldoX
x3

Post by beakaldoX » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 15:03

I like flying at about 250kms in my Nova and like the script just the way it is :). Its just nice to be able to get from A to B quickly in a bigger ship. It is easier to avoid weapons fire in a dogfight but I also find it harder to hit other ships.

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Thu, 8. Dec 05, 15:24

Cycrow wrote:im afraid not, all of those have to be modded to get changed and cant be done dynamically via a script like the engine tunings can
Ah well. Still - your and the other modders scripts are transforming the game for me. Great work. :)

Panzertard
x4

Post by Panzertard » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 05:45

1. Have you noticed that the "Engine tuning" are over into negative numbers when you dock to a equipment dock or trading dock? I guess there's no way around this problem ...

2. I've played around with your script abit - but I wasnt able to successfully use "Cargohold upgrades" as an option. Using the "Rudder Optimisation" works though.
Cargohold just wont "apply" - have you seen this problem yourself?

3. IMHO the TP & TS should be a bit more expensive - the Multimillionairs have plenty of ships to upgrade - and it's too darn cheap to upgrade the transport fleet. :roll:
Chance of getting the offer should be a bit higher too - but then again all the prices must be higher in such case.
/Panzertard

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 06:10

I never overtune a ship more than once and I don't overtune very many of my ships.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 11:51

Lebowske wrote:1. Have you noticed that the "Engine tuning" are over into negative numbers when you dock to a equipment dock or trading dock? I guess there's no way around this problem ...

2. I've played around with your script abit - but I wasnt able to successfully use "Cargohold upgrades" as an option. Using the "Rudder Optimisation" works though.
Cargohold just wont "apply" - have you seen this problem yourself?

3. IMHO the TP & TS should be a bit more expensive - the Multimillionairs have plenty of ships to upgrade - and it's too darn cheap to upgrade the transport fleet. :roll:
Chance of getting the offer should be a bit higher too - but then again all the prices must be higher in such case.
1. yeah, negative numbers are part of the game engine, if you start as the explorer, you get an overtuned disco, and u will notice it has negative number for engine tunings, so i dont think theres a way around it

2. Cargo hold is hard coded, and needs to be modded to be changed, so it cant be done via a script unfortuatly, rudder optimisation can be thou, and that wil lbe added to the next version of the script

3. The prices are compared to how much the ship actually costs, i will make it actually based on the ship price for the next verion, rather than just an average price. The chance of it showing up is quite high if you havn't used one, but once you use one, you wont c another one for awhile after, althou tht time might be abit low atm

hox
x3

Post by hox » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 14:44

it would be fantastic if there was a small chance of a breakdown when overtuning - it might add a purpose for those ships you see flying around (taxis repair ships etc)

probably hard to code in!

I think the prices/speeds are about right now :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 16:13

i am actaully adding something like that in a new version, the more tunings you but on, the more likly it will cause damage, althou you could be lucky and have alot of tunings and it not casue any damage at all, so it wont always happen, but theres a chance that it will, and the chance increases the faster the ships will go

this is something im hoping to put in a new version when i get round to it :)

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 16:27

Cycrow wrote:i am actaully adding something like that in a new version, the more tunings you but on, the more likly it will cause damage, althou you could be lucky and have alot of tunings and it not casue any damage at all, so it wont always happen, but theres a chance that it will, and the chance increases the faster the ships will go

this is something im hoping to put in a new version when i get round to it :)
If you do that can you make it optional? Just for me, it's taking realism too far.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 16:37

well, that sorta thing will happen when u have a ts flying around at like 700m/s or something silly, which will be relistic, when you tune a car way beyond its safe limits, it will cause problems and damage the car

it wont happen if you say just put 1 or 2 tunings on the ship
when i say 1 or 2, i mean 1 or 2 sets of tunings, not singlar tunings
:)

but anyways, it will most likly have an option to enable/disable it in the artifical life settings

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Fri, 9. Dec 05, 17:22

Cycrow wrote:well, that sorta thing will happen when u have a ts flying around at like 700m/s or something silly, which will be relistic, when you tune a car way beyond its safe limits, it will cause problems and damage the car

it wont happen if you say just put 1 or 2 tunings on the ship
when i say 1 or 2, i mean 1 or 2 sets of tunings, not singlar tunings
:)

but anyways, it will most likly have an option to enable/disable it in the artifical life settings
That's good. I prefer game designs to leave it to me to customise as many features as I like and not impose their own view of 'realism'.

If we are talking realism then an cap on upgrades to a max percentage of normal max would make sense. Optional of course. :wink:

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 14:08

If your looking at making the price based upon the ship used then why not just have it become more and more expensive to upgrade (like cargo)? Also i would suggest that the damage not be taken into effect until after you have overtuned 5 times or so (seems a fair number).

Then you could get for example:

Say ship X cost 100000 credits
1 Upgrade would cost 10000
2 Upgrades would cost 20000
3 Upgrades would cost 30000
4 Upgrades would cost 40000
5 Upgrades would cost 50000 1/2 the cost of the full ship (style S)

At this point it would become dangerous to push it any further thus incurring a larger and larger chance of destroying all your engine tunings (rebuild job).

Just a few ideas i had, disregard if you don't like tham :P
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?
She didn't mind the gap and ended up vapourized!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 14:53

well, i was thinking of making the tunings roughly haalf the price of the shpi, but instead of manuly putting in the cost, i will just gte the ships cost and half it

then it will add a quater of the price on for each update

as for the damage, well, i was thinking about about 4-5 updates too b4 it starts getting damaged, but also, it will only cause damage if you are actaully using them

so if you put 10 on, but only traveling around at 100m/s, then it wont cause damage

so at least u dont permantly screw up ur ships, u just have to fly at not full speed :P

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 15:32

what is the actual likelihood of the overtune BBS coming up.

as about an hour ago i got two in one station???

my mamba raider now goes 336m/s [thats 3 overtunings]

i think thats about right, atleast i can out run silkworms now. they really bite if your hit by one a couple more pac hits and boom ... your dead

i am going to get all my merc. haulers [my UT's] overtuned about 3 times aswell 80m/s is a bit slow for my liking.

are you going to implement the rudder opt. into next version or is it going to be seperate? E.g. ruddertune V1.0

cheers

stevio

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 16:16

i will put the rudder in the new version, it will be in a seperate BBS message, but it will be in the same script

well, the likelihood of it showing up depends on when you last accepted them, if you havn't got an overtuning for awhile, then you have more hance of it showing up

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 23:36

Cycrow wrote:so if you put 10 on, but only traveling around at 100m/s, then it wont cause damage

so at least u dont permantly screw up ur ships, u just have to fly at not full speed :P
If you do it this way i would also like the ability to turn it off as AFAIK nobody travels at less than full speed when flying around. I know the first thing i ever do when entering a sector is to use the TAB key.
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?
She didn't mind the gap and ended up vapourized!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 00:09

yep me too, but like i said, it will only happen after u've put a few tunings on so ur ships is traveling over twice its maximum speed, and i will put an option in the AL settings to turn it off

furstukin
x3

Post by furstukin » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 08:17

I was just messing with your script a bit, mainly because it just wasn't showing up very often for me so I simply changed the reaccurance from 4800 to 500, but while I was messing with it I noticed you are still useing get price script v1.10. Not sure if this was intentional, but thought I would let you know. Also just my own opinion but I think some of those prices are extremely steep!!!! I tried to upgrade my Split Elephant from its meager 131 m/sec and it said 20000000. That's more than 200% the price of the ship and it only gave me an added 9 m/sec needless to say I reloaded my game and changed some of those prices :wink: I basically cut the price of Capital Ships (TL and above) in half. I still wont be buying upgrades for my TL just yet though as I'm not as rich as I'd like to be :D Plus I have your afterburner script so my Elephant can boost up to 570+ m/sec :D Your scripts rock keep em coming
Don't make me slap Ye!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 11:58

yeah i originally did the prices based on the srgon ship prices, but the new version im doing now will be based on the actaully price of the current ship instead of just a rough price

should have the new version fairly soon i hope :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Update V1.20

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 15:52

V1.20
* Increased price each time you add tunnings to the same ship
* Fixed pricing to be dependant on ship
* Added Rudder tunnings to BBS

New Update :)
now you can overtune your rudder as well
there is seperate BBS entires for both engine and rudder, so you which ever ones you want on ;)

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 15:58

cool

thanks cycrow

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”