doubleshadow's X3 Editor (0.15 - patch 2.0 compatible)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Crypton
x3

Post by Crypton » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 12:37

Grade A stuff ! :) Thanks doubleshadow and cheers for the help ;)

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 13:09

bear in mind that TS and TPs may literally not fit in TL docking bays.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 13:51

Doubleshadow:

Thanks for the great job. Being a noob (never used your tools before) I have two questions:

#1 I open the TShips.pck via cat and see all info for the selected ship in the right part of the window. How do I change values, say cargo type, or how do I add things, like guns?

#2 In the TShips listing (right window as under #1) I'm missing the laser energy and the laser recharge rate. Is it not possible to change them using your editor?

Cheers Euclid

cwaHardy
x3

Post by cwaHardy » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 14:09

euclid wrote:#2 In the TShips listing (right window as under #1) I'm missing the laser energy and the laser recharge rate. Is it not possible to change them using your editor?
The laser energy and recharge rates are changable, they're just listed as unknown values at the bottom of the Info tab.

Load up Tships and on the 1st tab "info" scroll to the bottom, using the Argon Colossus as an eg you'll see "Unknown Value 53200" which is laser energy, "Unknown Value 0.015" which is the recharge rate (0.0 will mean it never recharges, 1.0 will mean it never depletes AFAIK)

To change them simply doubleclick on the value, and enter your own. :)

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 14:21

euclid wrote:Being a noob
:lol: with your post count? - then what am I? :o
euclid wrote:How do I change values, say cargo type, or how do I add things, like guns?
As cwaHardy said + check the help file (X3Editor.chm) - you must open in manually as the Help icon is broken (looking for X2 version :oops: )
euclid wrote:#2 In the TShips listing (right window as under #1) I'm missing the laser energy and the laser recharge rate. Is it not possible to change them using your editor?
Again answered by cwaHardy + you can always change anything even if it is not listed in the object stats. You can always switch to "Raw" mode and change values there.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 15:25

Thanks for the quick responses.

Cheers Euclid

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 16:56

Hi
I seem to have problems with the galaxy editor. I have made a sector full of different stations but I think it is just making duplicates of the first station on the list.

I think the list started with an Argon Trading station. I ended up with about 20 Argon Trading Stations. Maybe Im just using them wrong.

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 17:31

OML wrote:Hi
I seem to have problems with the galaxy editor. I have made a sector full of different stations but I think it is just making duplicates of the first station on the list.

I think the list started with an Argon Trading station. I ended up with about 20 Argon Trading Stations. Maybe Im just using them wrong.
It's working for me - i.e. I have the correct values written in the file. I cannot check it in the game as I'm not home. You just have to right click on a sector, select "Add New object" and choose type (factory) and subtype (some factory). It should be in the left tree and in the sector map.
I have made a sector full of different stations but I think it is just making duplicates of the first station on the list... I ended up with about 20 Argon Trading Stations.
:? How could you "ended with 20 trading stations"? You mean in the game? Or in my editor?

razorhead
x4

Post by razorhead » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 18:33

ok ive opened the Tships file and now i'm confused...the values of the ships in there are the values of X2, for example, dragon has a max speed of 327 m/s on the editor (that was on X2, it now goes at 145 m/s...)

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 18:55

Well the speeds are different but it can be wrong - as I said I'm using the old X2 formulas to compute things. They may be wrong - I played the game for about 5 minutes. The most sophisticated thing I did was to open the ship menu - my comp. wasn't able to do much more :lol:

I will take a look at it.

Galaxy613
x3

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 19:05

Yes, there is something slightly wrong with your formula, because the Boron Shark's max speed is NOT 200m/s! Try this:

Code: Select all

Default Speed= ((speedvalue) / 5  = base) * 0.10)
Max Speed= (base * tunings = max)
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

kryptyk
x4

Post by kryptyk » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 21:34

doubleshadow wrote: Kryptyk - you're still alive :? :) - how's the corn? :lol:
Nice to see you again. I was thinking about writing you an e-mail but then I reconsider that - thought you are no longer interested in X2/3.
Well I took a break from X2 and dove into the land of MMO's. Remembered why I don't like MMO's in the first place and came back just in time to catch X3.

I'm hoping that I can still make an alternate directory in X3 like I did for X2 for testing purposes. Don't want to foul up the original considering the NA release was 6 discs. :evil: Should of just imported the DVD version.

Anyways I'm hoping I can just install the X3 editor without having to install the runtime libs again. I'll post any problems I run across. :D

EDIT
Had the same error "could not find x3vfs.dll" even though it was in the directory and system32 just for S&G's still kept getting the error

Started the program from the X3 Editor directory and it worked fine. Start from a shortcut on my desktop and kablooey... :?:

Galaxy613
x3

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 22:26

There IS something wrong with the Galaxy Editor! Take a look at this pic. In the lower left you see the list of objects that SHOULD be in that sector... then look at the in-game list. It's all Mammoths!!
:? :? :?
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

deamoclese99
x3

Post by deamoclese99 » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 22:58

I have a question about editing the thsips file... I modified all the novas in the file so they all had 800 cargo space and so they could all carry BPAC in the front gun.... but when I load my game up, they dont have any of the modified attributes I applied to the various novas.

After editing tships and saving it, is there something else I have to do to activate the modifications?

IneffableModder
x3tc

Post by IneffableModder » Wed, 23. Nov 05, 01:34

Can you help me out with the mapping of the TShips file? In the X2 documentation you have a section where there are Cockpits, Weapons and Turrets defined .. every time I think I have the settings correct, there seems to be a another ship with data that does not match ...

So far I have the objects defined as

Cockpit
-- Too many unknowns here

Weapon
Laser Position
BodyId // Body Id of gun body in ship main scene
PathId // Pathid of gun body in ship main scene
BodyId2 // Body Id of gun barrel in gun scene (or -1)
PathId2 // Path Id of gun barrel in gun scene (or -1)

Turret
BodyId // Body Id of gun body in ship main scene
PathId // Pathid of gun body in ship main scene
BodyId2 // Body Id of gun barrel in gun scene (or -1)
PathId2 // Path Id of gun barrel in gun scene (or -1)
Unknown

// EDIT : I got ahold of double shadows X3Editor, I should be able to finish the framework with the information from that.
Last edited by IneffableModder on Wed, 23. Nov 05, 02:54, edited 1 time in total.
AMD Phenom 9600+
Nvidia 8800 GTS 320
4 GIGs Dual Channel Memory
2 250 gig Raid 0 3 Gb/s drives
LogiTech Extreme 3D Pro USB - If I can find it ...

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”