doubleshadow's X3 Editor (0.15 - patch 2.0 compatible)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

thegilesy
x3

Post by thegilesy » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 09:00

I have a problem saving files, it says error saving file GZIP no GZIP header found

pywakett
x3

Post by pywakett » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 18:24

Yes I am having the same problem with true light I started a whole new game. and it reverted the stats to normal. I closed the editor and reopened it to check the stats before I started the game and it was exactly how I saved it. I did notice there is another Tship file in the cat 5 directory. I was only using the cat 4. either you have to change both or certain ships are unchangable.

Artius
x3

Post by Artius » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 18:28

can I edit a M2 destroyer to allow the docking of 1 ship?

Dfeeds
x3

Post by Dfeeds » Sun, 4. Dec 05, 04:37

I get an error everytime I start it up

X3editor has caused an error in SHELL32.DLL
X3editor will now close

any ideas (i have C runtime installed already)

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 08:17

Sorry for not beeing here for a while :oops:
thegilesy wrote:I have a problem saving files, it says error saving file GZIP no GZIP header found
You are trying to overwrite a file wchich is not compressed with a compressed file - for example trying to save as TShips.txt with File type set to "X3 T Files - packed (*.pck)". Because the file TShips.txt already exist but it is not compressed an error occurs. That's bug in the x2fd library. Just make sure you are saving non compressed files with extension .txt and compressesd files with .pck and you should be fine. If the extension of your file already is .pck then you should save in under different name and then rename/delete in X2 ModManager or in X3MM which will be relesead later today.
pywakett wrote:Yes I am having the same problem with true light I started a whole new game. and it reverted the stats to normal. I closed the editor and reopened it to check the stats before I started the game and it was exactly how I saved it. I did notice there is another Tship file in the cat 5 directory. I was only using the cat 4. either you have to change both or certain ships are unchangable.
Yes - you have to change the file in the highest catalog. But of course you should not alter the original files at all in the fist place! Make your own mod and make all changes there. Much safer and standard as of X2 1.2 (or was it 1.3 :? )
Artius wrote:can I edit a M2 destroyer to allow the docking of 1 ship?
You can only change the number of docking slots. You however cannot make some ship to be able to carry another ships just by changing the Docking slots number. There must be external/internal docking part defined inthe ship scene file. Furthermore certain ships cannot dock with another ships - that's "hardcoded" in the .obj files (it can be changed, but not very easily)
Dfeeds wrote:I get an error everytime I start it up

X3editor will now close

What is yout operation system (version/service pack)? No one ever reported something like that...

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 16:49

Second version 0.0.2 is out.

* fixed the distance modifier and thus all the speed/range problems
+ redesigned TShips interface

Note that now the ModManager icon (which is displayed if you had X2MM installed) will only show if you have X3MM installed. You will however have to rename the icon manually to X3 ModManager as it is saved in registry (press F2 or right click and choose rename ;) )

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 18:49

Yey! Now everyone can get 0.0.2! :D
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

Dfeeds
x3

Post by Dfeeds » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 00:22

doubleshadow wrote:

X3editor will now close

What is yout operation system (version/service pack)? No one ever reported something like that...
it's prob cuz I got windows ME o well hopefully the new v works

EDIT: doesn't work so I gues i'm sol until i get xp (wich won't happen until i can afford a new joystick, of wut i can tell ther isnt any drivers that support the microsoft sidewinder forcefeedback pro on xp)

o well the reason i needed it was to add weapons to the odin, but i figured out a shortcut so i gues im set

madcaddie
x3

Post by madcaddie » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 11:07

If I use the editor to make a new ship how do I change its name?

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 13:42

Dfeeds wrote:
doubleshadow wrote:

X3editor will now close

it's prob cuz I got windows ME o well hopefully the new v works

EDIT: doesn't work so I gues i'm sol until i get xp (wich won't happen until i can afford a new joystick, of wut i can tell ther isnt any drivers that support the microsoft sidewinder forcefeedback pro on xp)

o well the reason i needed it was to add weapons to the odin, but i figured out a shortcut so i gues im set
Yes it will be 'cos of Win 98. I cannot test my programs on it and to be honest I don't see much reasons why to do so as everybody is running w2k/xp.
madcaddie wrote:If I use the editor to make a new ship how do I change its name?
Short answer is that you have to make a new entry in page 17 or 300017 in the xml resource files and specify the ID of your new entry in the Info/Description in the ship properties.

Try to look at the X2 S&M stickies - there surely is explained how to add new entries into the xml resource files.

madcaddie
x3

Post by madcaddie » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 04:38

Thanx for the response I understand that now what I don't get is if I wanted to make a another nova varient how do I change its name all the nova types have 4131 as the description yet the have different names eg. raider, sentinel etc. Where do I add the varient name on?

Never mind worked it out thanx mate.

Dfeeds
x3

Post by Dfeeds » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 05:42

doubleshadow wrote:Yes it will be 'cos of Win 98. I cannot test my programs on it and to be honest I don't see much reasons why to do so as everybody is running w2k/xp.
well not everyone *turns on giant flashy arrows pointing down at pc* im surprised i can run this game with my stoneage pc, anywho thanks for the reply doubleshadow

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 09:45

madcaddie wrote:Thanx for the response I understand that now what I don't get is if I wanted to make a another nova varient how do I change its name all the nova types have 4131 as the description yet the have different names eg. raider, sentinel etc. Where do I add the varient name on?

Never mind worked it out thanx mate.
The names such as Raider, Hauler are connected with so called Variation index. Change this value (it's in Info) and the name will change as well. Those names are in the XML resource files as well (don't remember where).

There is also a class description such as Battle Ship M1 or Heavy Fighter M3. This can be changed by the value Class Description. It works same as Description.

Zauselbart
x3tc

Post by Zauselbart » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 12:13

I downloaded and installed the necessary runtime- and support-files and then installed doubleshadow's X3-editor 0.0.2
During installation-process it told me something like "all runtimelibraries found" i.e. no problems - so I thought "fine, oughta work"

I fire up the txt-editor, choose a cat-file to open, choose a file within that cat, click OK ..... "error loading from file, error reading header", can't even open a simple textfile! pck-files also don't open "file contains bad data"

The galaxy-editor and text resource editor work properly. It's the txt-editor that drives me nuts.

Does someone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

btw I run the german version of X3.

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 12:39

Zauselbart wrote:I downloaded and installed the necessary runtime- and support-files and then installed doubleshadow's X3-editor 0.0.2
During installation-process it told me something like "all runtimelibraries found" i.e. no problems - so I thought "fine, oughta work"

I fire up the txt-editor, choose a cat-file to open, choose a file within that cat, click OK ..... "error loading from file, error reading header", can't even open a simple textfile! pck-files also don't open "file contains bad data"

The galaxy-editor and text resource editor work properly. It's the txt-editor that drives me nuts.

Does someone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

btw I run the german version of X3.
I could swear I've already posted that somewhere... hmm...

What files do you trying to open? The TXT Editor can only open files from types directory which start with T (like TShips, TShields...). It cannot open everything. The reason why it is called TXT editor is because back in X2 only the T files had the extension .txt and most people were reffering to them as to "txt files". I started to use the name T files but left the name of the editor unchanged.

Zauselbart
x3tc

Post by Zauselbart » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 12:50

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

Well .. hmm .. I must admit, I was definitely too stupid to realize that only t-files can be opened ... :oops: shame on me.

It works with the t-files.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 08:29

Finally took a peek. Nice work :thumb_up:

Note:
I assume that when you get enough data you will relabel some "Unknown value" fields? I was looking as TFactories and the offset 17 there seems to have value 1, 2, 5, or 10 and the value appears to correspond to the production rate multiplier, ie relates to the M, L, XL station 'size'.

Funny, internally the BOB file reference of SPP refers to S, M, and L, while in game the stations are M, L, and XL. Ore mines have BOB files S and L, while in game names are M and L. Cheerfully non-uniform.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 20:02

Well, BOB file references talk about model size, which may be uniform between the various 'sizes' of the objects in the game. (I'm speculating)
Types files references to M, L, XL etc have to do with production speed, which may or may not be strictly associated with model size. So it's not really non-uniform, it's just two seperate parameters. ;)
But yeah, it's confusing and there's a ton to keep track of, it's a big complex game (which is why we all love it) :)

And yeah, that 1, 2, 5, 10 sure sounds like scale (which is what we call multiple production speed). You could probably add that into the descriptions.

In general:
bio and food factories only come in 2x, 5x
spps come in 2x, 5x, and 10x
high tech factories only come in 1x
except for crystal fabs, which only come in 2x

That's off the top of my head, so I think it's right, but I might have missed something.
Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 09:26

Thanks guys,

I'll take a look at it (just don't know when :D )

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 16:06

Patch 1.3 and TShips problem

When opening TShips file shipped with X3 patch 1.3, you will receive an error message saying
Warning: Number of lines in file header does not match actual number of objects in file (number in header: 211, actual number: 210).
Saving the file will correct this.
The file is correct. This is error in X3 Editor. X3E is expecting a new line sequence (CR/LF) after every entry in T files. However the new TShips doesn't have new line after the last entry.

As a result, the last entry in TShips is ignored (not loaded) by X3E. When you save the file, the last entry will be missing.

To overcome this, extract the file from catalog and open it in some text editor (notepad) and make a new line after the last entry.

Such file will be loaded correctly.

The whole system how X3E is parsing the T files is wrong and I will try to fix it. In X3 the T files are internally processed in the same way as BOD files. It wasn't so clear back in X2 but it was noticeable in X3 and after some (only simple) tests I'm pretty sure of it.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”