[SCRIPT] Salvage Network 2.8 [08.11.08]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 16:17

Working on it, but also got lots of work...

Will post asap.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 06:29

Sorry for the delay everyone, tons of work over XMas... :(

The new Version 2.4 is available from http://hometown.aol.co.uk/NuHth6/X3_scripts/Salvage.zip.

I hope you like it, and I'm now starting work on more features for the next update!

Happy new year!

Blinki1984
x3

Post by Blinki1984 » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 10:54

Is this mod compatible with the salvage mod ?
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=108768

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 12:33

This script shouldn't conflict with any other scripts that conform to the compatibility list (as all good scripts should).

If you do experience what you believe may be unexpected results, contact me or the authors of any other script you think may be faulty, good scripters will help as much as possible!

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 16:42

You need to update the version number in the first post to 2.4.

Sounds like a cool script all thats needed now is to detect objects floating in space from after battles.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 17:11

PabloRSA,

I can't find the version number that needs updating, can you be more specific?

I did think of automating the pickup of objects after a battle, but decided against that. Half the fun is going around after a fight and picking up the spoils of war! :D

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Tue, 3. Jan 06, 18:03

Loving this...... ,makes the universe more than simply GATES and STATIONS....
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

kapitul8r
x3

Post by kapitul8r » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 17:47

Couple of questions as ive just started using the salvage mod and network combined.

will the network query only pick up derelicts/freebies that fall within a satellites "sphere of vision" or will it pick up a derelict anywhere in a sector so long as you have a navsat in the sector?

If if will only detect derelicts within the vision of a sat, presumably you have to have more than one sat in each sector to improve the chances of detecting?

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 17:54

Hi kapitul8r,

The network will pick up any ship in a sector with a satellite in it, regardless of where in the sector the ship, or satellite is.

kapitul8r
x3

Post by kapitul8r » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 17:59

thanks!, thats good, wasnt looking forward to shelling out for 4/5 sats per sector :)

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 8. Jan 06, 18:05

I know what you mean, a pair of Adv. Sats per sector will cost about 4.5 million!

You can (as far as the salvage network is concerned) get away with a single Nav. Sat (or Advanced Sat if you want coordinates too) in as many sectors as you can (there's about 158 that can support a satellite without it being destroyed straight away be enemy forces).

Still not cheap, but the 12 freebie ship will net you around 4-5 million, so it will pay for itself quite quickly!

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 20:16

Hi Tecsg: You said that every 24 hours may appear a ship. How I can lower the time to 12, 6, or any time I want?

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 21:09

The script will try to create a ship every 12 hours. If it is successful, it will wait 24 hours on the next attempt (so you won't get more than one ship a day).

To decrease the time between attempts, you will have to alter the script file AL.spawnships, you can do this through the script editor.

Change the line that reads al engine: set plugin $AL.ID timer interval to 43200 s (line 23 or there abouts).

Change the value 43200 to change the duration between attempts. The value is hours * 3600 (so 3 hours is a value of 10800).

If you change this script, you may have to run the init.TECSG.salvage script again to reinitialise the AL plugin.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Wed, 1. Feb 06, 21:35

TECSG wrote:The script will try to create a ship every 12 hours. If it is successful, it will wait 24 hours on the next attempt (so you won't get more than one ship a day).

To decrease the time between attempts, you will have to alter the script file AL.spawnships, you can do this through the script editor.

Change the line that reads al engine: set plugin $AL.ID timer interval to 43200 s (line 23 or there abouts).

Change the value 43200 to change the duration between attempts. The value is hours * 3600 (so 3 hours is a value of 10800).

If you change this script, you may have to run the init.TECSG.salvage script again to reinitialise the AL plugin.
Thanks Tecsg: So I don't have to re-init for the new chang take effect. Just run the init.....again.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 00:12

I'm not sure how X3 stores scripts in memory or caches, the best solution would be to change the value and turn on the 'logging' function (under Artificial life Plugins on the in-game menu) and see if the change takes effect (by when attempts are made to create a ship and are written into the 'logbook').

If it doesn't change, re-run the 'init.TECSG.salvage' script again, that should re-initialise the spawning script automatically.

I suspect the interval for plugins is defined at the 'init' phase of the script and cannot be altered during the game unless the script is initialised again.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 00:43

TECSG wrote:I'm not sure how X3 stores scripts in memory or caches, the best solution would be to change the value and turn on the 'logging' function (under Artificial life Plugins on the in-game menu) and see if the change takes effect (by when attempts are made to create a ship and are written into the 'logbook').

If it doesn't change, re-run the 'init.TECSG.salvage' script again, that should re-initialise the spawning script automatically.

I suspect the interval for plugins is defined at the 'init' phase of the script and cannot be altered during the game unless the script is initialised again.

OK I wll try run the ini.... first and let you know if the computer does not explode :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Thanks anyway for your help :wink:

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 16:21

TECSG wrote:I'm not sure how X3 stores scripts in memory or caches, the best solution would be to change the value and turn on the 'logging' function (under Artificial life Plugins on the in-game menu) and see if the change takes effect (by when attempts are made to create a ship and are written into the 'logbook').

It works Tecsg. I re-run the init and accept the change. But I try to change it again and I forget wich bottom I have to click? Is the variable one?

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 16:39

I'm afraid that doesn't make a lot of sense in English, I'm guessing that's not your 1st language!

So here's a complete breakdown:

Go in to the script editor, and find the script AL.spawnships.

Edit the script and change the line that reads al engine: set plugin $AL.ID timer interval to 43200 s (line 23 or there abouts).

Highlight the value 43200, press enter and select 'number' and enter what you want the new duration between attempts to be (the value is hours * 3600 (so 3 hours is a value of 10800)).

Save the changes and then find and run the script init.TECSG.salvage, this should update the script.

Does this cover what you wanted?

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 16:55

TECSG wrote:I'm afraid that doesn't make a lot of sense in English, I'm guessing that's not your 1st language!

So here's a complete breakdown:

Go in to the script editor, and find the script AL.spawnships.

Edit the script and change the line that reads al engine: set plugin $AL.ID timer interval to 43200 s (line 23 or there abouts).

Highlight the value 43200, press enter and select 'number' and enter what you want the new duration between attempts to be (the value is hours * 3600 (so 3 hours is a value of 10800)).

Save the changes and then find and run the script init.TECSG.salvage, this should update the script.

Does this cover what you wanted?
Sorry for my bad language :oops: and yes your rigth, spanish is my first language. Anyway thanks for the re-teaching again. :D

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Fri, 3. Feb 06, 16:58

Don't worry about it!

I know for a fact that your English is better than my Spanish!

:lol:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”