[SCRIPT] Salvage Network 2.8 [08.11.08]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 07:23

Thank you for noticing the out of date info at the start of the thread too, I've ammended that now.

I hope it works okay for you now.

Lothmorg
x3

Post by Lothmorg » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 07:42

Burianek wrote:In an unmodified game, unsigned scripts are not run. The only way they can be run is if they are called from signed scripts. Unsigned setup scripts should not be running by themselves. If they are, it's a bug (or you're missing something)
I too, have to report that unsigned scripts run in new games.
I've restarted quite a few times now, and every time, I get an incoming message from LV's cheat script. I then have to enable the script editor to run my scripts.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Mr. K
x3tc

Post by Mr. K » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 11:33

Oh, the script worked fine regardless, I just like to nitpick :D

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sat, 19. Nov 05, 01:10

Lothmorg wrote: I too, have to report that unsigned scripts run in new games.
I've restarted quite a few times now, and every time, I get an incoming message from LV's cheat script. I then have to enable the script editor to run my scripts.
You get the incoming message but none of the cheat commands appear in the command console?

That's really strange, since it suggests that only partial areas of scripts are being run. (the exact same file that sends the initial message also puts the commands in the menu). That's very odd.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sat, 19. Nov 05, 01:42

Burianek,

The scripts are fully functional.

With the Xai scripts that I am running (as well as others), everything works as expected:
  • -- I get incoming messages from Xai that a particular piece of software has been loaded (Trade MK1 & 2, FSUP, etc.).
    -- The software is available for purchase from the various equipment docks.
    -- Once purchased, the respective commands are properly implemented into the ships menu.
    -- When commands are executed, they work properly.
I am not running a modded game, just the base DVD patched to 1.2.01 (now testing the next patch, but it works the same).

At least on my machine, the init and setup scripts do not work on a plot game without a bit of effort. As stated earlier, I dock at a station shortly after the opening plot cut scene. I exit the game, and rename/edit my setup script to use the "!" as a prefix. (I doubt that the "!" is needed, since the Xai init & setup scripts run fine without it.) When I restart from the saved game...the script(s) work exactly as they do in a non-plot game.

If this is not the expected behavior, let me know and I will report it over on the beta testing forum.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Mon, 21. Nov 05, 02:43

I'll check into it. Maybe I'm just way off base here.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 27. Nov 05, 20:48

Ok guys, here's the answer: (since I know you were all dying waiting ;))

If you have any unsigned scripts that begin with a '!' they will be loaded regardless of whether they are signed or unsigned.

However, loading an unsigned script imply because it begins with a '!' will kick your game into running in *modified* mode. You can check the player stats at the bottom to verify this.

Once your game is running in modified mode, upon the next game load, all unsigned scripts will be run, since running in modified mode is equivalent to having activated the script editor.

Make sense?

It is suggested that community modders do NOT EVER start a script with !.
Since it can cause a cascading effect, loading unsigned scripts into a game where the script editor has not been expressly activated.

Cheers.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sun, 27. Nov 05, 21:46

Burianek,

Thanks for clarifying this one...it was driving me nuts trying to figure out why/what was happening.

...and I also fully agree with your comment about not using the "!" prefix on scripts.

C'ya :D

Lasalas
x3

Post by Lasalas » Mon, 28. Nov 05, 20:50

Am I right in thinking that you have to have a satellite in the sectors you want to scan, or can you scan a sector by being in it yourself?

Also, when I use the "Salvage Network" option (I have deployed no satellites), the HUD just says "Autopilot Activated" - is that meant to happen?

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 04:02

Lasalas wrote:Am I right in thinking that you have to have a satellite in the sectors you want to scan, or can you scan a sector by being in it yourself?

Also, when I use the "Salvage Network" option (I have deployed no satellites), the HUD just says "Autopilot Activated" - is that meant to happen?
Currently, you have to have a satellite. The next release will take into consideration ships and factories owned by the player.

The 'Autopilot Activated' message is an automated response from the X3 script engine, it happens with all scripts and is unavioidable I'm afraid.

Tahlmorra
x4

Post by Tahlmorra » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 05:33

sorry if this was already mentioned, but..

it wont detect ships in the sector i am in, even if i have a deployed nav sat in it

i was looking for the free
Spoiler
Show
toucan hauler in menelauses frontier
had a nav sat in there that said it was there. Went to sector and ran software and no ships detected :? Dropped and advanced sat and same results. Then left the sector and it gave me the coordinates

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 08:48

Thanks Omega26, I'll look into that.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 20:38

There is now a new version of the script, version 2.0 is available from http://hometown.aol.co.uk/NuHth6/X3_scripts/default.htm.

Excuse the AOL banner, this is a temporary site until I can find a decent (free) host (preferably with ASP support).

There is a revision list and readme there too, so you can see the changes/improvements made.

shdwphnx
x4

Post by shdwphnx » Wed, 30. Nov 05, 23:59

TECSG wrote:There is now a new version of the script, version 2.0 is available from http://hometown.aol.co.uk/NuHth6/X3_scripts/default.htm.

Excuse the AOL banner, this is a temporary site until I can find a decent (free) host (preferably with ASP support).

There is a revision list and readme there too, so you can see the changes/improvements made.
Looks like the Zip file somehow did not get updated with the new version. I downloaded directly from your site and from the link in the first post in this thread, and in both cases it is still the v1.2 files.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 06:13

The script *should* be V2.0, however, I guess I forgot to update the text file associated with it. Apologies!

Will double-check all the files now.

UPDATE:
The text file was still reporting version 1.1, sorry about that. To check you have version 2.0, look at the 'revisions.txt' file that came with the script. The last entry should be V2.0 if it is the latest.

Tahlmorra
x4

Post by Tahlmorra » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 07:27

Will you put the version number in you first post? I often come here with only enough time to glance at the first post to se if there where any updates to the scripts I use.

Also, does v2.0 fix the problem i described? I'm not a scriter so i have no idea what a ship array is.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Thu, 1. Dec 05, 07:54

Omega26 wrote:Will you put the version number in you first post? I often come here with only enough time to glance at the first post to se if there where any updates to the scripts I use.

Also, does v2.0 fix the problem i described? I'm not a scriter so i have no idea what a ship array is.
The version number is already included in the first post of this thread, I will keep that up-to-date to reflect changes.

The V2.0 fix *should* solve your problem, as it appears certain ships were being missed. Try V2.0 and please let me know if your problem persists.

shdwphnx
x4

Post by shdwphnx » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 00:15

TECSG wrote:The script *should* be V2.0, however, I guess I forgot to update the text file associated with it. Apologies!

Will double-check all the files now.

UPDATE:
The text file was still reporting version 1.1, sorry about that. To check you have version 2.0, look at the 'revisions.txt' file that came with the script. The last entry should be V2.0 if it is the latest.
The zip file I downloaded last night had the v1.2 'revisions.txt' file in it, and the most recent file was dated Nov. 16, 2005. I just redownloaded, and it looks good now (files dated Nov. 19 & Nov. 30 in it).

Thank you for updating so quickly, and for such excellent work. I love this script, as it has already caught 9 ships that had surrended without me noticing (PSGs are terrific for capping, if your computer doesn't melt when you use them :D ).

Lothmorg
x3

Post by Lothmorg » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 02:42

shdwphnx wrote:PSGs are terrific for capping, if your computer doesn't melt when you use them.
:rofl:
There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Fri, 2. Dec 05, 05:50

Thanks for the feedback shdwphnx, glad you find it useful!

I plan to improve the script even further later, by removing (if I can) the pause you get if you have to scan a large network, and maybe, introduce random freebie ships every few (in-game) months or weeks (don't want too many!)

Haven't figured out yet how to create a damaged ship though, or at least, create a new one and damage it with a script.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”