[SCRIPT] Salvage Network 2.8 [08.11.08]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

THEZERG

Post by THEZERG » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 02:12

TECSG: thanks for that i will wait for that...

thanks again
WELCOME TO CHOAS

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 17:51

Thanks Tec, was hopping someone would do something likes this. hated like crap searching ever sector, however got one ship already using this and still trying to find the one in freedoms reach (know i didnt blow it to bits). thing is saying its there but the go to coordinates are not working, takes me to the center were the arrows and star bursts are starting a race. oh well, got two discoverers exploring the sector.

keep it up. cant wait for the version 3 to come out.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 20:46

Hi stealthhammer,

The freebie ship in Freedom's Reach (I think it's a 'Starburst' or 'Arrow') only appears after patch 2.x if I recall correctly, however, if it's telling you there's one there, then there should be one there!

The later version of this script (as yet unreleased) will automatically target an unclaimed ship if it's in the current sector, but I can't remember if V2.8 also does this. Try the 'Scan for ships' command whilst you're in Freedom's Reach and see if it targets the ship for you.

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Wed, 26. Nov 08, 01:20

have and and i got the latest patch on the game and i know its there, ive read about it in posts. but im very not worried about it. thanks for the reply

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 00:25

wow, some how i missed this mod
sounds greay!

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 05:11

its fun, and takes alot of lts if you do it with out scripting them in to learn how to use it.

oh tech the 2.8 pach to the salvage script doesn't auto target, lest not for the one i got.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 08:37

@stealthhammer,

There is (in development) V3.0, when I'm happy with it I'll post it.

V3 also features a 'stealth' network of satellites (which can't be detected by enemy ships) and creation of freebie crates too!

@corhen,

Hope you like it!

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 17:07

tech - yeah came across that earlier the other day. sounds good and im looking forward to it. kinda put my salvage missions on hold till it comes out.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 17:19

@stealthhammer,

I'd carry on salvaging if I were you, the release of V3 will be a while as I've got a lot of work on at the minute.

Not to mention the release of the script for Terran Conflict' too!

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 02:25

oh take your time, i know the feeling. i just got done with finals last week and been busy taking over sectors and trying to hold them in reunion. also trying to find out when tc comes out to the usa. no one ever heard of it here.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 02:31

Hi stealthhammer,

I have a beta (somewhere) if you're desperate!

TC hasn't been released in the US?
Seems rather strange, I would have thought that the release date would have been roughly the same everywhere...

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 14:13

I'm not desperate, I've been messing around on X3R waiting for TC to be released. debating on just getting the UK version since Game Stop, Walmart, best buy and target never even heard of tc which does seem odd. I did see a site on the net were the USA release was unknown though. oh well, maybe a fluke on my part.

Also if it ever stops snowing I'm Going to try Micro center if its here then it has to be someplace around here.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 14:49

Hi stealthhammer,

Have you tried contacting Egosoft or Deep Silver to see when the US release date is?

If it's still quite a wait, you would probably be better off ordering the UK version (which could easily be done via an online seller like Amazon, although you may have to go to amazon.co.uk rather than amazon.com), I shouldn't think there will be any difference between a UK and US version.

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 16:18

@ stealthhammer there wasn't a boxed release in the us, it was only available via steam or shipping from abroad via egosoft or similar, however other threads have stated that its available from gogamer i believe it was and also there are copies up on ebay(new) also have read on this forum that newegg has copies as well.

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

cnecktor
x3

Post by cnecktor » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 17:34

I got mine from gogamer and it works fine you could try there.

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 21:51

Yeah i was going to get it from amazon.com when I save up enough money currently got a $1,200 bill credit card bill due to college and so forth.

Wonder if squiddy is ok, we haven't heard from him for a time.

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 12:28

hi, i allready use
cycrows salvage claim software 1.05
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=112957 and
Gazz's Bhruic's SatelliteDeploy / Satelliten-Verteiler v2.00
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=176829

Is there a version without these options in your mod or are those completly compatible with yours? How can i deactivate those features of your script so there are no unnecessary scripts and commands installed?

If i deploy satellites of my own or by another script, does the Salvage Claim Network use them too ? Does it try to deploy Satelites there where i have allready deployed them by myself?
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future
tc-ap minimax

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 21:30

Hi Schabernack,

I think those script should be compatible, although you may end up with two 'Claim ship' type commands and/or similar duplication.

You don't have to use the Satellite Network component or the Claim component of my scripts, (using the other two instead), but they will still be installed as they will be referenced by the setup script and possibly the plugins. Although you could deactivate the commands, it would mean modifying the main setup script.

My Salvage Network will use any satellites (or advanced satellites) deployed, regardless of what/who deployed them.

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 02:59

thanks for the fast answer 8)

i'll try it
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future
tc-ap minimax

Katorone
x3tc

Post by Katorone » Sat, 7. Mar 09, 13:29

Hi TECSG

I haven't tried this script yet, but I do have a few questions:
- This script is compatible with XTM, but does this mean it will also spawn XTM ships?
- Since XTM has more sectors, is the chance of a spawning increased?
- Are there AI options for the different components of the script? For instance, I use another sat deploy script (in this script i can control in which race's sector I'm putting sats in, by using the friend/foe settings). This gives me more flexibility with satelite limited traders.

Thanks!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”