[CUSTOM GALAXY] The Syndicate - v1.0 2005-11-11

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

fusion23
x3

Post by fusion23 » Tue, 15. Nov 05, 23:42

may I add this to my site?
Your base are belong to me.

Intel i7 920 OC @ 3.2Ghz
Asus P6T Deluxe v2
6GB DDR 3 Corsair XMS
Nvidia Geforce GTX 285

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 00:09

fusion23 wrote:may I add this to my site?
I don't mind you showing it on your site, but I would prefer if you linked those interested to my own download page. I have unlimited bandwidth, and I would like to have all downloads come from my server so I can track download histories and such. But as long as you link to my download page (http://x.leetcode.net/syndicate.php) and give due credits, I would absolutely love for you to have this on your site.

marioman
x3

Post by marioman » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 00:20

I managed to increase teladi standing, over 150 ships killed (id say all but 10-20 in teladi space) and went from 36 to 37%. Didnt realize it went up so far, and considering u need the next level up to get the teladi M1/M2 it would take a many of pirate to be able to buy one lol.

fusion23
x3

Post by fusion23 » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 00:36

Uploaded to my site as an alternative download location, credit goes to owner. I'll keep track of the version of your galaxy as much as I can. If bandwidth becomes a issue for me I'll pull it off. Oh and I"ll also add your site link in my description if people are having issues. They shoudln't as I have 75G allocation bandwidth per month which is pretty good. only 75Meg is used so far.
Your base are belong to me.

Intel i7 920 OC @ 3.2Ghz
Asus P6T Deluxe v2
6GB DDR 3 Corsair XMS
Nvidia Geforce GTX 285

Elenkis
x4

Post by Elenkis » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 01:50

The player starts in the Syndicate's home sector, the
previously unknown sector between Montalaar and New
Income. He begins with a personal ship, a factory,
and a basic freighter. The choice of difficulties
determines the credits and level of equipment given
to the player by the Syndicate.
There's a certain event that happens in X3 after a lot of play time that changes the name and race control of this particular sector, accompanied by a series of BBS messages.

Can I assume that this event is disabled for you mod, or could it still happen and cause a potential problem?

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 02:22

Elenkis wrote:There's a certain event that happens in X3 after a lot of play time that changes the name and race control of this particular sector, accompanied by a series of BBS messages.

Can I assume that this event is disabled for you mod, or could it still happen and cause a potential problem?
I'm not really familiar with this event. I would assume/hope that it only changes as result of something related to a plot game. If it is not a plot-related event, it would be defined in the God Module, and I may be able to find it in there and release a fix for it in a later version. I still have to think that the God Module would deactivate sector-based events for custom galaxies since sectors will most likely have changed...

One thing though, when this event occurs, and the sector changes owners, does the game add factories to this sector? If not, then no matter what, it wouldnt really matter much either way...

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 03:22

You guys already got through the whole X3 that you start playing customs? :?
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 04:41

reanor wrote:You guys already got through the whole X3 that you start playing customs? :?
As a betatester, I was done with the plot long before you guys even had a copy of X3 on order.... ;) And either way, it was a rather short plot. I completed it a second time just since the official release of X3.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 05:57

nuclear_eclipse wrote:
Elenkis wrote:There's a certain event that happens in X3 after a lot of play time that changes the name and race control of this particular sector, accompanied by a series of BBS messages.

I'm not really familiar with this event. I would assume/hope that it only changes as result of something related to a plot game. If it is not a plot-related event, it would be defined in the God Module, and I may be able to find it in there and release a fix for it in a later version. I still have to think that the God Module would deactivate sector-based events for custom galaxies since sectors will most likely have changed...

One thing though, when this event occurs, and the sector changes owners, does the game add factories to this sector? If not, then no matter what, it wouldnt really matter much either way...
Which cues me to see if theres any proposed stations in that sector...
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 06:00

Galaxy613 wrote:Which cues me to see if theres any proposed stations in that sector...
Nope, none at all, which is why I had no qualms about making it the Syndicate's HQ sector...

Elenkis
x4

Post by Elenkis » Wed, 16. Nov 05, 06:27

Yes, it spawns a Trading Station in the center of the sector.

Bareus
x3tc

Post by Bareus » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 06:22

Is there a way to see terran ships info?

marioman
x3

Post by marioman » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 13:01

Not much to tell about the terran ships really, they rather suck. 9x 1GJ shields (or somewhere around there), has no lasers and can only fire beluga missiles. Can carry 15 ships? i think it was cant remember now, but you cant dock with it (i spawned one in a previous game and tried docking my nova to it and it said i was denied lol)

Bareus
x3tc

Post by Bareus » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 16:13

I know that and i think it is becouse the ship is unknown.
I wonder if there is info on the ships that u can get from someone, like in x2 about Kha'ak.

Kroyon
x3tc

Post by Kroyon » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 17:17

Does this mod permanently overwrite main game files? Will I be able to choose between the original game types and this new mods' game types when starting a new game?

Thanks
Windows 7 64bit
Corsair Dominator 6GB RAM
GeForce GTX 295 Co-Op 1792MB
AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 965 3.4GHz

marioman
x3

Post by marioman » Thu, 17. Nov 05, 22:01

Yes, you have to load the mod using the 4th button down on the X3 Start window, called Select Mod Package.

You load that up and go in and click new game-> Custom Map-> Syndicate

to play with the original stuff again you just exit the game go back to the mod selection window and click the Original button, and go play your game without the mod.

jpcawley
x2

Post by jpcawley » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 11:03

"Installation --

- Extract the contents of the .rar file into your X3
directory
- Copy the appropriate difficulty files from inside
the scripts folder into the main scripts folder,
overwriting the normal file (optional for Normal diff)
- Start X3, and at the configuration dialog, click the
'Select Mod Package' button, then highlight the entry
'Daigon Syndicate' and click OK, then 'Start X3'
- Start a new game, and choose 'Custom Galaxy', then
choose the 'Syndicate' map
- Have fun! "

Hi all, I'm a bit of a thicko so could anyone help me? I have the .rar file on my hd. What do I do with it then? The instructions say extract to X3 directory. Do you mean extraxt like a .zip file? Then it says copy the the difficulty files form script folder to main script folder. I don't get it. I see just the scripts folder in the X3 folder. I have tried putting the .rar file in all folders in the X3 folder. There is no highlighted 'Select Mod Package' button.

From the down load I get just a .rar file, no script folder or anything.

I know this is me being a dullard as the post indicate it works fine. I have zero scripting knowledge and really need a dumkoph's guide to getting this to work as it sounds cool.

I know it's prob something simple and I can get self extracting scripts going but the lone .rar file is to much for me.

Please help.

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 14:03

@jpcawley - Yes, the rar file needs to be extracted just like a .zip file. Once you extract it to your X3 directory, the rest of your questions should be answered.

jpcawley
x2

Post by jpcawley » Fri, 18. Nov 05, 14:18

Thanks for the quick reply mate, will give it a go.

Cheers.

gengis_cohen
x3ap

Post by gengis_cohen » Tue, 29. Nov 05, 04:42

I like the idea of this. Parts of at any rate.

Wondering if I install and use the mod package but then start a 'normal' game as a bankrupt assasin what effect it will have ?

Basically just want to play as am with a more interesting map and an extra faction that seems to be at war with almost everyone.

I think after throwing in race response fleets it'll make for some strange wars going on in various sectors.

Any ideas ?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”