Please sort out the unresponsive keyboard

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Drainy
x3tc

Post by Drainy » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 11:00

It'll be fixed in the patch
Well it might be.

Personally Ive no keyboard lag or any other issues (as ive said in a few other threads)
AthlonXP 2600+ 2.08ghz
640mb Ram
6800GT 256mb
SB Audigy

Also dcovell, you need to start posting real information if you want help. It will take forever to try and help you find out if theres something you could do to improve it if you're telling us your specs via a series of clues or sarcastic comments.
Have a read through the sticky at the top explaining about improving FPS, alot of those will help reduce CPU load aswell which could help smooth out your keyboard actions. :)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Unresponsive keyboard

Post by CBJ » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 12:49

dcovell wrote:BTW I have a P4 a GIG of memory and a 128 Graphics card.
Once again, could you please post your system specification? The above information is not adequate as a "P4" covers a huge range of speeds and a "128" graphics card is meaningless.

geoff
x3

Post by geoff » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 13:14

Well I have this problem too. My system is a PIV 3GHz, a G-force 6 6200 256MB, 1.5 GB ram and a sound blaster Live sound card. So it doesnt sound like ram for me huh?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 13:29

No, for you RAM is pretty much not an issue. Your slowest component is your graphics card, and with a 6200 you should be looking at the various tweaks and adjustments in the sticky thread at the top of the forum to make sure you get the best from it. Another area to consider is your sound. The SB Live! card itself is fine, but quite a few people have reported performance issues as a result of codec problems.

Remember that PCs are complex beasts with many possible areas that can cause problems. The advice for one person may not apply to someone else, and even apparently identical PCs can have different issues because of their configuration, software installed, and so on. In the midst of all this it is often tricky to identify when there is a genuine game issue to be addressed!

geoff
x3

Post by geoff » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 13:50

Whats a codec problem? I dont have any major problems it is stable with no crashes etc in over 9 days of play. Its just little things like the slow keyboard and mouse pointer being on a rubber band. And the M5 population problem if it is a problem?

It would be nice to play without a degree in computer science.

dcovell
x3

Post by dcovell » Tue, 8. Nov 05, 21:52

PheenixSwiftfire wrote:dcovell...

oh and P.S.

Did you REALLY need to make a dupicate thread?
I started the thread elsewhere and was asked by a moderator to ask the same thing in here. If the Moderator had just moved my thread instead of suggesting that I reiterate in here, and then going on to move my thread AFTER I had reiterated, then there would have been no duplicate.
If you looked you would have seen the "Moved" tag at the begining of one of the threads. But then then when you REALLY think about it, does it REALLY matter?
P4 - 1GIG 128megCard

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”