X3: Bug List & Patch 1.3 Suggestions (Spoilers)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 14:23

BUG: the quest timer script commands dont work properly, the tiemrs always expire imeditaly after the accept event regardless of what time you set

duffle824
x3

Combat Ratings

Post by duffle824 » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 14:28

I've very quickly become Master Chief, without really doing anything!!

I've just checked my kill list, and it appears that i've killed 16 Mammoths, in a Buster!!!

I've got a feeling that things aren't as they should be, I doubt I've encountered that many TL ships. I feel as though I'm cheating as I currently hold a rank higher than I should be.

zerogman
x3tc

Post by zerogman » Sat, 17. Dec 05, 08:19

Heh, I didn't even know 16 Mammoth's existed.

I agree that it doesn't really makes sense how a UT knows all of the prices of everything in known sectors while the player needs to have something in the sector and a trading system extension to see the prices. However, if we saw everything like the UT's, we wouldn't need Satellites, and if the UT's saw only what we saw, then they might not be as profitable... That and I think it would be harder to program a UT to take into account only secotrs that you can see instead of any sector visible.
- Zerogman

"Energy Cells?!? We don't need no stinkin' Energy Cells!!!.... Oh, we do... doh...."

Ship Computer:"Cargo Bay open, shields are down."
Me:"#$!%@*, I meant to hit 'I'!!!"
The End

www.myspace.com/zerogman

redeye 
x3

Post by  redeye  » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 04:11

Apologies, created a new thread for this before spotting this one :
Couple of (admittedly very minor) bugs to do with scanning other ships :

1. Having a 'smuggler' turn hostile when you scan them seems very random. I have a Space Weed complex in Split space and every now and then like to bust some customers (have a Split police license) Alot of the time the scan shows space weed as cargo but the ship remains blue. Demanding that the pilot drops their cargo results in the '...cargo is all yours, do not shoot again' message but no cargo is dropped. Sometimes jumping in and out of sector and repeat scanning turns them hostile, but not often.

2. Scanning a Khaak ship without a police license gets you reported for an illegal scan - possibly not even a bug, but seems a bit unfair that you lose race rep for 'crimes against the Khaak'

now77777
x3

Post by now77777 » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 07:09

***just some suggestions id like to see in addition that i havent seen mentioned before***

- One of docking clamps on what seems all equipment docks has a graphical/fucntion glitch and can dock twice as many ships as it should, and causes them to crash.

- Boron Orca is not symetrical when viewed from the top to the bottom. One of the tail-fins is larger on one side than the other.

- Pirate Falcons have poor exaust graphics. and so do some split fighters. Split mamba for instance, when in the turret, the engine exaust should be seen from the other side of the screen(whether top or bottom i dont remember), or the view of the universe should be rotated. Im 70% sure that the mamba turret is incorrect in this way. Other turrets seem fine.

- It'd be nice if weapon group designation could be done without the mouse for those who like to have their mouse disabled. Perhaps ctrl+'x'
where 'x' is a number from 1-8 could toggle weapon in current selected group in or out.

- err would also very much like if something could be done to make it harder to become an enemy with a station when ur trying to protect it from enemies and accidently shoot it or have ur npc turrets shoot it. Also, im not sure if if ur in the same sector as a player owned patrol-ship and it shoots a station by accident the station becomes hostile to u. If it does happen them this should be worked on.

zerogman
x3tc

Post by zerogman » Mon, 19. Dec 05, 08:10

I haven't had any issues yet with the docking clamps, but I have a FEW bugs/glitches that I haven't seen mentioned in here yet...

1. When you use your comm to request docking at an Equipment dock or Shipyard, sometimes it declines you because it is full. Although, if you hit 'u' (or whatever you use for Autopilot), you can now magically dock.

2. At the Shipyard in Omicron Lyrae (spelling?), if you try to use the autopilot to dock from the side of it that isn't towards the center of the sector, it slows you down to half-speed, does 2 lazy turns towards the station, then B-lines you at half speed directly away from the station. I even let it go for a bit to see if it would correct itself. I gave up on that once I was 20km out.

3. If you have a UT return home, drop off stuff if it doesn't sell it, then try to start it up from inside your mine/factory, it crashes the game. My guess is since I only allow my ships to dock at my mines and factories that produce goods (like energy cells, Meatsteaks, Argnu Beef... etc.), it tries to buy from it's own station since I put everything at the lowest price for all of the stations that only my fleet will dock at. I guess that trying to spend money from it's home station, but paying it to it's own station confuses the game or sends it into a never-ending loop.

4. if you load up from one of your stations that stopped producing because it's full, then change your mind and put it all back after the production timer has started, the game will crash when it tries to add more units then the station can hold.

5. Complaint more then bug. When you tell a trader to Buy/Sell ware for best price, it sets off towards it's destination. If it's buying units, and the price isn't what it was or less then before, it goes back home before looking again. When selling a ware, it does the same thing, if the price isn't greater than or equal to what it saw first, then it goes home before looking. Also, if it has excess frieght once it finally sells some, it returns home with the excess, refills, and looks again. Problem is, for some reason the trader ignores that excess from that one run for every run there after.

6. Issue: When a Sector/Universe Trader FINALLY buys something for what it considers a reasonable price, then goes to sell it, ends up not selling it if the price changed enough to create a loss, then it looks for a new ware when it lands at the station it was headed too, from then on, not trying to sell the cargo it didn't sell earlier.

7. Complaint: I paid good money for automated traders to all have jump drives, and the only way they use them is if I tell them too.

8. Bug/glitch: If one of your ships is outside of it's home, if you give it any trade commands (except the Sector/Universe trader), they go back home first... Like I told a freighter to go "Sell Ware" -> Silicon Wafers, then selected a Crystal Fab. It had more then enough in it to fill the pile completely, but once again ran home first.

9. Bug: Their are two shipyards that offer the "Mercury Super Freighter", but they are not the same... The shipyard in Omicron Lyrae (spelling?) offers the right one, but the one in... I think Light of Heart, offers one and offers the Mercury Tanker. The Super Freighter offered there is slower then a tanker, holds less than a tanker, but also costs less...

10. Complaint: The Mercury Tanker can hold around 8000 units I think... or close to it. The Mercury Super Freighter can hold 11500, or close to it. So why does the Super Freighter move faster than the Tanker? (65 m/s vs. 72 m/s)

11. bug/glitch: Built-in components do not appear in the freight transfer screen, but that is expected. The problem is if you don't know it's built in, then try to give it something it already has built-in, the thing you gave it disappears, along with the built-in one I believe as well. Also, for some reason, installed components don't appear in the freight transfer menu, like a Mineral Scanner for example. If you transfer one over thinking it doesn't have one, once again, they both disappear.

12. Complaint: I would LOVE to have a way for a ship to automatically scan asteroids in range instead of having to open the information window each time and then targetting the next asteroid. Also, a command to order a ship to automatically scan asteroids would be significantly less tedious. If anything, at least a way to target nearest asteroid without targetting the one behind it, or a station or gate instead.

13. Issue: Where in the universe did the Argon One go? After completing the plot, everyone that took place in that battle disappears... And where in the world did Seya get that capital ship?

14. Bug/glitch: In Antigone Memorial, their is a weird looking Asteroid with some other debris/rocks around it, if you hit 't' to track target (Or whatever you use for it) it will target an Unknown Object... Naturally everyone wants to go see it, but once within 8km'ish, game crashes.

15. Maybe a bug:
Spoiler
Show
In the mission where you must go to the Xenon sector to recover the crystal from the wreckage of a Xenon M0 (Which everyone knows isn't actually an M0, but an Argon ship I think)... That's expected and normal though
If you bought the Khaak Sector coordinates, jump to the one on the top of the list, then explore some while being chased by so many Khaak ships that they end up shooting more of their own then hitting you, that same wreckage can be found in that Khaak sector. The only difference being it has two large chunks of debris that seem to do nothing just like the wreckage in the Xenon sector.

16. Issue: This has probably been mentioned before... Is the lottery winnable? Also, are their actually any secret containers like in X2, or was that statistic in the Pilot's stats added by mistake?

17. Glitch: On the trading stations (At least the Argon stations), you can fly through the exit doors on the back (Where they sometimes launch you back into space from) even though they appear closed. On top of that, you can keep flying through the next wall and then be inside the station, which only parts of are visible now. You can fly to the entrance, but can't get out. You can go back the way you came, or can comm and dock to get out.

18. Bug: I've been trying to Barter, but every trader says I do not have good enough relations with it's race. I am an Argon Federation gaurdian, and was able to barter with that rank, but once the storyline finished, I was unable to. I am a Teladi Company Shareholder, a Paranid friend of Priest Duke, and a Split family friend. I could barter with all but the split until I completed the storyline, then was unable to barter from then on.

19. Bug: When you try to comm any of the Goners from the storyline, like Noah, you get the automated voice that says "You are talking with... make your request", then cuts off.

20. Bug?: Noah's ship doesn't have any shields...

21 glitch: Whenever you get a pilot to bail out, the claimable ship is labelled just as the ship name in the sector map (for example: Buster). I was playing with some pirates, then started to fly towards another sector for Energy Cells, I was looking at my map to see if anything was dropped, only Mosquito Missles as always, and noticed a "Mercury" just sitting there. I thought it was bailed on since it was named just "Mercury", like all other abandoned ships. I ejected and went to claim, but option never came up... went back to ship, tried to comm, nothing, looked up info, the pilot's name was "Unknown Object". That ship is STILL sitting there, collecting dust probably...

22. glitch?: One of the freighter pilots on the Marauder flies a Caiman... Isn't that an X2 ship only?

23. Complaint: What side-quests? Do you mean the once in a blue moon BBS missions? Where they usually want a fast M5 for transport with a time limit and set an impossible to make time after the 3rd or 4th one? Or the second most common being "I am from here, I want to visit my friend over there, I'll pay you very little for transport their."

24. Complaint: Maybe secondary objectives in the storyline missions? Like extra requirements such as time, or frienly survival, or going the extra mile like instead of spending 'x' number of seconds scanning with 'x' range, getting in closer and staying for longer for example.

25. Bug: Their are no more pirate bases except for one or two in remote areas. However, I didn't kill them, nor did any of my ships... they usually get killed by the hordes of M5's that appear in almost every sector now. The new personal best of a stream of 174 M4's and M5's in Argon Prime, not to mention usually 40 or 50 civilian ships in every core sector.

26. Issue: If all of the stars went Supernova in Akeela's Beacon, how come their is still one there and how did the planet(s) survive? And why is that sector so #$%^#$% HUGE! :evil:

27. Complaint: These took me to long to type so I can understand everyone who doesn't read it... but some feedback would be appreciated!
- Zerogman

"Energy Cells?!? We don't need no stinkin' Energy Cells!!!.... Oh, we do... doh...."

The End

www.myspace.com/zerogman

zerogman
x3tc

Post by zerogman » Tue, 20. Dec 05, 08:01

Wow, no replies to that yet? Did it scare people that I mentioned all of that? Or are a lot of you out there trying to find out all of it for yourselves?
- Zerogman

The End

www.myspace.com/zerogman

TeDwArD
x3

Post by TeDwArD » Mon, 4. Sep 06, 17:34

Can they add the function of reviewing d current mission coz i didnt find it and its frustrating for me coz i play d game occationally :evil:

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”