Keyboard Problems

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Orb Weaver
x2

Post by Orb Weaver » Thu, 2. Sep 04, 20:11

Well i know its not a battery issue because about 5 minutes ago I purchased some brand new Energizer E2 Lithum Batteries withc cost $10 for a 4 pack. And still the same problem.

The line of sight is also not the issue seeing how my recieve is litterally about 4 inches from my keyboard and mouse.

As far as drivers go I have reinstalled drivers and I do belive that drivers it's using now is the standard 102 keyboard and mouse.

The keyboard I have is a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse combo.

The weird thing is. some keys do work while others do not.

For instance when navigating the main menu I can do so with the arrow keys for about 5 seconds then the arrow keys stop working, however when I start a game the arrow keys become functional again to steer my ship. I can always steer my ship with them they never stop working. But if I go back to the main menu they stop working again.

I find that all the keys in the input consol on the startup menu work in the game. all the other keys only work for a very limited time.

Please forgive some of my above comments. I really would like to play this game and have been trying now for 3 days to do so. I enjoy space sims and there really arnt many new ones that ever come out which is why I wish to play this one so much.

As far as trying a new keyboard I have tried plugging in a wired keyboard with no success my computer will not even boot up with a wired keyboard attached.

Edit: Right now im trying to download the offica; drivers for my keyboard and mouse from microsoft.

I belive its called the intella type and intelli point software. Ill let u know if that helps.

Orb Weaver
x2

Post by Orb Weaver » Thu, 2. Sep 04, 20:53

Yay! I have fixed it...the new drivers did the trick!

So anyone having this issue in the future with the microsoft combo wireless keyboard and mouse just simply download the InteeliPoint and IntelliType Software for your keyboard and mouse!

Thanx so much...now how do I eject from my ship.... :)

Ali McDonald
x2

Keyboard Problems

Post by Ali McDonald » Thu, 2. Sep 04, 20:56

I've just logged on to try and sort out the same problem. I have an almost identical setup (including the microsoft wireless keyboard / mouse- with new batteries)
The problem is exactly as you describe it. Only the arrow keys, q,w Tab, and Control will work after a few seconds of playing the game. The mouse works fine.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 2. Sep 04, 20:58

Glad that's sorted Orb Weaver, thanks for reporting back. The eject key is Shift-E by the way. ;)

Ali McDonald, it seems the solution is to apply the latest official drivers from Microsoft. :)

Orb Weaver
x2

Post by Orb Weaver » Fri, 3. Sep 04, 16:04

Hey Ali check this site out if your not sure which one you have:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse ... ?type=Sets

Click on the picture of the one u think is yours then click the link to the left called download software...I think its the same software so dont stress if you click the wrong picture.

Download both the IntelliType and IntelliiMouse Software and then look on the bottom of your keyboard and mouse when it asks whichs model.

After a quick reboot you will soon be playing X2.

Orb Weaver
x2

Post by Orb Weaver » Fri, 3. Sep 04, 16:09

Here is a direct link to the ones I downloaded:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse ... 0Pro%205.2

De Lauwer Romain
x2

Post by De Lauwer Romain » Sun, 24. Oct 04, 23:22

BBBBooooouuuuhhhhh!!!

I started reading this post and thought I could find my answer:

I've been playing for already 1 full week without any problem but now I have a keybord bug!! I cannot accelerate (just boost then slow down) or call the Time acceleration for example.
All keys work well except the A - S - J (or at least these are the important one that fail).

I'm using a standard keybord (with wire) so it's not a battery problem. Do I need to find drivers for a stupid 102 keybord? :o

I'm trying to install the 1.4 patch... (12mb on a slow 4kb connection is pretty annoying :oops: )
Hope it will work!

De Lauwer Romain
x2

Post by De Lauwer Romain » Sun, 24. Oct 04, 23:51

It's even worse than I thought "a s d f j k l ;" (second line minus g and h) are out: even windows doesn't understand them...
let's try with an other keybord...

Problem solved : my keybord died less than a stazura ago... :cry: first time I see this!
How will I find a qwerty keybord here in france now?? grrrr

At least I downloaded the patch, let's see the new game modifications :P

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”