X3R game crashes

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

X-fryer
x3tc

X3R game crashes

Post by X-fryer » Fri, 28. Jul 23, 05:46

I just started my first khaak invasion, get half way through the first carrier and the game keeps crashing, it has done so intermittently before, but now it's continuous. Script editor running with a few written ships, but no mods.

when i try post my dx diag it contains to many characters

how do i attach the dx diag file to this thread please

Which drivers does this version use, I'M thinking that it may be a drivers issue as I'm using windows 11 and many older games seem to have issue with win11 drivers

for a very poor man buying this game for the fourth time has been totally underwhelming, why7 did you mess it up?

thanks for the speedy reply, it seems the game runs on directx9, is this correct?
installed that driver now, not sure how to make sure the game runs using this driver rather than the directx12 which is what win11 uses, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by X-fryer on Fri, 28. Jul 23, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3R game crashes

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 28. Jul 23, 17:25

DirectX 12 includes all the legacy DirectX 9.0c files that the older X games need. I have advised how to link a DxDiag in your other thread, but please post the link here. Have you verified your game installation?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Lwerewolf
x4

Re: X3R game crashes

Post by Lwerewolf » Mon, 31. Jul 23, 22:48

Try this. Your FPS might be high enough to trigger it, regardless of the fact that you're running with "integrated graphics" (that have been surprisingly capable for over 10 years now).

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”