X3 Reunion Freezes - Lingering mod issue resolved

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Buck_Rogers
x3

X3 Reunion Freezes - Lingering mod issue resolved

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 22. Dec 15, 17:48

Hi Peeps

Me again :) not sure if I should've continued my other thread, or what. but since this is a separate issue....

I have got the game working again. However, upon loading an old save, the game locks up completely. I end up having to reset my PC.

I have done all the usual. I.E update my drivers, but everything was already as up to date as it could be.

I also managed to cancel all running commands on my ships, but it still freezes. usually after about 10 - 15 minutes game play.

I can add further info if required.

Thanks in advance
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 22. Dec 15, 17:58

After your previous AV quarantine installation issues, are you positive that your game is properly and entirely installed and patched?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 22. Dec 15, 18:07

Buck_Rogers, in the previous thread, wrote:...didnt play my saves coz I need to install all my mod/script collection...
Not having the right mods/scripts installed could also result in your savegames not working, in unpredictable ways. That said, no script or mod, nor indeed the game itself, will hang up your entire PC as that is out of the scope of what Windows allows "normal" applications to do. That suggests that either there is still some AV-related issue or that you have some wider issue with, say, your drivers or hardware.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 22. Dec 15, 19:54

Alan Phipps wrote:After your previous AV quarantine installation issues, are you positive that your game is properly and entirely installed and patched?
Absolutely positive Mr Phipps :D Especially since I got rid of that Comodo rubbish. The game also appears in the Apps and Features list now. It is also properly patched to 2.5
CBJ wrote:Not having the right mods/scripts installed could also result in your savegames not working, in unpredictable ways. That said, no script or mod, nor indeed the game itself, will hang up your entire PC as that is out of the scope of what Windows allows "normal" applications to do. That suggests that either there is still some AV-related issue or that you have some wider issue with, say, your drivers or hardware.
Well hello Mr CBJ. Nice to see another old timer :D

I was thinking that myself. I wouldnt have posted if I was convinced it was an issue with my scripts/mods. They should not hang my entire system.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 23. Dec 15, 10:31

Guys

I think I might be onto something. But just wanted to check. If this turns out to be the problem, I will be surprised though!

I have just had a quick look in the Global Script List of the script editor, and have found a script in there that I had removed previously. This was due to incompatibility issues.

Anyway. As I said, I removed it, but why does it still show in the Global List??? The script is NOT in the scripts folder.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 23. Dec 15, 14:03

Third party scripts and mods not recognised by the uninstaller can survive an uninstall in the game folders, in gamesaves, in Steam cloud backup if you use it, and possibly in the virtual store on your system.

This is why we recommend a 'clean' reinstall and a fresh gamestart after removing mods as detailed at the end of this Sticky.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 23. Dec 15, 15:30

:(

I was afraid you were going to say that. I cant do a fresh restart. I would lose years worth of game play. And since my game time is now much more restricted than what it used to be, it would take a long long time to get where I am now.

So I guess I will have to fix this issue on my own
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 1. Jan 16, 19:59

FIXED!! :D

In my haste to get back to playing X3R, I neglected to check I had installed every script/mod from my collection. I ended up missing 2 of them. :oops: So since the files were missing, I'm guessing thats what caused the freeze. I have played a couple of days without incident, so far.

Touch wood!
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”