X3R installation problems - AV quarantine issue

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 12. Dec 15, 13:40

You are probably using Comodo Internet Security and it is quarantining any installs it doesn't like or gives false positive detections for - and without telling you!. I hate it when applications do that. I guess you either need to rethink your security provider or tell it to ignore some areas or sources.

Just move or reinstall the gamefiles wherever else you want (after sorting out your security) then point the patch updater at the correct folder, update the game with the all-in-one patch and hopefully you can then play it.

You may have to remove any old DRM drivers that may have been installed from previous attempts to run the unpatched game.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sat, 12. Dec 15, 20:41

Alan Phipps wrote:You are probably using Comodo Internet Security
:o Wait? What? OMG! not only is Mr Phipps the most awesomest moderator on the Egosoft website. (que mod wars hehee) but he is psychic to! :lol:

Can you recommend another security suite to replace the crap I have please sir?
Alan Phipps wrote:Just move or reinstall the gamefiles wherever else you want (after sorting out your security) then point the patch updater at the correct folder, update the game with the all-in-one patch and hopefully you can then play it.
Did that. Patched to 2.5, then ran the game. didnt play my saves coz I need to install all my mod/script collection. But I managed to play the bonus scenario, without a hitch. So thats a plus. lol
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 12. Dec 15, 22:30

"recommend another security suite" - This is not really the place (nor am I the correct person) for that but feel free to browse OT for security topics such as in this thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 28. Dec 15, 00:35

As an update for future forum browsers:

Issue fixed by removing Comodo Internet Security Suite, and replacing it with another :)
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”