need help - X3:R NPC ships not moving - Resolved by repatching.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

bikash

need help - X3:R NPC ships not moving - Resolved by repatching.

Post by bikash » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 19:44

hi guys.i bought x3 reunion v1.4.i finished all missions.n i updated patch to 2.5 also.but in my game no any other station tradeing ship avalable like x2.and in kingdom end sector have ships but they r not moveing.now after finish game dnt like to doing trade,station misions alone.it wiil be good if other stations ships also moveing in sectors.there no landed ship on stations n no owned too.can i add auto tradeer ships for cpu stations etc help me plz...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 21:35

Hello. If you are playing unmodified then that sounds like a broken vanilla game installation or bad or missing patching.

First download and apply the 1.0+ -> 2.5 patch from here to your game just as it is now. That should replace or insert any missing non-core gamefiles and correct any patching errors. See if that helps. You might have to go back to a save from before you tried the first 2.5 patch. Good luck!

If it does not help then there may be something wrong with your base installation and you may have to do a clean reinstall from scratch after physically deleting the game folder. Then do the single big patch I linked above and install the Bonus Pack as necessary before trying to play. Any core gamefile corruption could well be stored in your saves too and so you might need to face doing a fresh restart as well.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 23:29

I think the problem is the you're expecting to see station-based traders as in X2. There are none. All traders in Reunion are free traders unassociated with any station. You should see these flying around the universe with various names such as Ore Trader or Arms Dealer, etc. They perform the same tasks as the player's MkIII Universe Traders.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 29. Sep 15, 11:39

The repatch/reinstall I suggested applies more to the report of NPC ships stood unmoving in sectors. That sounds more like a missing jobs issue.

The only other thing I can think of that would explain it is a system-wide economy crash.

bikash

Post by bikash » Fri, 2. Oct 15, 10:03

Alan Phipps wrote:Hello. If you are playing unmodified then that sounds like a broken vanilla game installation or bad or missing patching.

First download and apply the 1.0+ -> 2.5 patch from here to your game just as it is now. That should replace or insert any missing non-core gamefiles and correct any patching errors. See if that helps. You might have to go back to a save from before you tried the first 2.5 patch. Good luck!

If it does not help then there may be something wrong with your base installation and you may have to do a clean reinstall from scratch after physically deleting the game folder. Then do the single big patch I linked above and install the Bonus Pack as necessary before trying to play. Any core gamefile corruption could well be stored in your saves too and so you might need to face doing a fresh restart as well.
Thank you so Much its okay now when i downloaded the patch. :) :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 2. Oct 15, 11:05

Great to hear! Enjoy the game. :thumb_up:

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”