X3 Reunion widescreen windowed?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Helios01
xr

X3 Reunion widescreen windowed?

Post by Helios01 » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 16:14

Is it possible to run this game on a 1920 x 1080 resolution during the windowed mode, than just the default 1027x768 and 1280x1024? I am forced to play X3 games as windowed in order to not have ugly uncontrasted colors, because my monitor's built in color mixer does not let me fix them enough, and Nvidia control panel custom color mixer works only on a very few fullscreen games, X3s being among the malfunctional majority.

Manually stretching the window through a 3rd party program, which I normally do with X3TC (to get it over the main bar) doesn't work well in Reunion, as it decreases the image quality significantly
"If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars" - Carl Sagan

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 16:24

I can't remember (and can't currently test) which games include support for multi-screen Windowed mode resolutions. I know X3AP does and I'm pretty sure X3TC does, but I'm not at all sure about X3R. These modes will only show up if your driver is set to "spanning" mode, i.e. to return the entire desktop using a single coordinate space rather than as adjacent but separate ones. I also seem to remember that Microsoft made this particularly difficult for drivers to do from Windows Vista onwards. Finally, remember that none of the X3 games support moving the window in Windowed mode, so you'd still need to use a third party tool to do that.

Dopeboii

Post by Dopeboii » Thu, 11. Dec 14, 01:17

I was sort of wondering the same thing. I took a look around the forums and did some googling to see if I could find something like a settings/config file somewhere in the X3R folder, but unfortunately I had no luck. (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=261415).

I am 100% sure that the settings you alter are saved SOMEWHERE in the X3R folder (well, duh). So you might want to try and take a look around, and see if you can change the settings manually (if the files aren't obfuscated).

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”