X3 Reunion problem with patching

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Adusad
x3

X3 Reunion problem with patching

Post by Adusad » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 15:57

Hi, can anyone help me please?I have X3 reunion v1.4.2 and I wanted to patch it to v2.5.But when I try to do it,the patching process always crashes and it is writing: "an error occured while trying to replace the existing file:DeleteFile failed,code 5" I reinstalled it three times,but i cannot patch it :P Funny thing is,that it worked,but I had to uninstall X3 because my XTM wasnt working properly and then it happened :evil:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 1. Jan 14, 21:20

Something is stopping one or more previous versions of gamefiles being deleted so that they can be replaced by a new version in the patch. That could be because of file corruption, because of some system protection application, or because the file attributes have been changed (this latter can happen when you have copied files from one storage media to another), or even because the patch is trying to delete a gamefolder that has XTM mod files in it that the uninstaller is not expecting to be there.

If you can identify the file(s)/folder(s) concerned, you can delete them manually before patching.

If none of this helps then you might consider uninstalling the game, manually deleting the remaining X3R gamefile folders, and reinstalling a fresh vanilla version from scratch before patching it.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”