X2 "Tour of a Lifetime" mission - not enough free space?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

direvus

X2 "Tour of a Lifetime" mission - not enough free space?

Post by direvus » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 17:40

So in X2 I saw an available Tour of a Lifetime mission, I met the skill requirements so I thought I'd give it a shot. I bought a Split Iguana, equipped it and sent it over, and when I tried to accept the mission I got the following message:

"I can't see how you propose to conduct a Tour when your ship is already so full. I suggest that you come back when you have enough free space."

I tried unloading all of the equipment from my ship, but no dice, just got the same message.

Uh, okay. Now what? Apparently I have purchased a TP ship that isn't capable of running TP missions.

Either I am missing something, or somebody at Egosoft should be really very embarrassed about how stupid this is. Not only does the original mission description not tell me how much free space is required to accept the mission -- the error message doesn't either!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 29. Dec 13, 18:10

There is a bug, which causes some transport passenger missions to create too many passengers, so that not all TP class ships can transport them. Since the Iguana has the smallest cargo room of all TP class ships, with it you have the biggest chance to get such a mission.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

direvus

Post by direvus » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 07:07

X2-Illuminatus wrote:There is a bug, which causes some transport passenger missions to create too many passengers, so that not all TP class ships can transport them. Since the Iguana has the smallest cargo room of all TP class ships, with it you have the biggest chance to get such a mission.
Thanks for the reply Illuminatus. I would not consider it a bug that the number of passengers is randomly generated, nor that some TP ships are unsuitable for some missions. That is all fine. What sucks is that the mission description doesn't bother to say what that number is.

How hard could it possibly have been to include a "your TP ship must be capable of carrying passenger volume of {N}"? Most other mission descriptions seem to manage this.

Okay, end rant. I guess if I want to do these I should just get a Boron Manta.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”