X³: Reunion - Linux support thread

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

timon37
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by timon37 » Sat, 26. Jan 13, 15:28

haitamsh wrote:I tried two different keyboards same problem, but I have some extra information now:
1- if I start the game with the keyboard and mouse connected the spaceship will keep spinning, tried to disconnect both and reconnect - didn't help, kept spinning

2- if I try to start the game with only the mouse connected no keyboard it will work ok, then I reconnect the keyboard without any issues - fixes the problem.

I have no joysticks or second mouse/keyboard connected, and I am not using any mapping macros.
I also never encountered any input issues that indicates that a key is stuck in other games or daily use.
I understand that just pressing the arrow keys didn't change anything (apart from temporarily stopping the rotation)?
Also try if num_lock caps_lock or scroll_lock changes anything.
When the ship is spinning if you press , . or "r" does the window show/hide a bunch of times as if you pressed and released it extremely quickly?
Can you give me the result of "xinput list --long" and "xkbcomp :0 out" (the output will be saved to file "out"), you can put it on e.g. pastebin.com.

LaurensBER

Post by LaurensBER » Sat, 26. Jan 13, 20:13

timon37 wrote:
haitamsh wrote:I tried two different keyboards same problem, but I have some extra information now:
1- if I start the game with the keyboard and mouse connected the spaceship will keep spinning, tried to disconnect both and reconnect - didn't help, kept spinning

2- if I try to start the game with only the mouse connected no keyboard it will work ok, then I reconnect the keyboard without any issues - fixes the problem.

I have no joysticks or second mouse/keyboard connected, and I am not using any mapping macros.
I also never encountered any input issues that indicates that a key is stuck in other games or daily use.
I understand that just pressing the arrow keys didn't change anything (apart from temporarily stopping the rotation)?
Also try if num_lock caps_lock or scroll_lock changes anything.
When the ship is spinning if you press , . or "r" does the window show/hide a bunch of times as if you pressed and released it extremely quickly?
Can you give me the result of "xinput list --long" and "xkbcomp :0 out" (the output will be saved to file "out"), you can put it on e.g. pastebin.com.
I can confirm this problem. Pressing the arrow keys doesn't help. I don't seem to have Scroll lock (Logitech Wave keyboard) but pressing numlock doesn't change anything.

Pressing F3 (target view?) and using the numlock keys stops the spinning but if I press F1 (my ship view) again it starts to spin again.

I don't get any scrolling in the windows in , . or r.

xinput list --long:
http://pastebin.com/KedcQqL3

xkbcomp :0 out:
http://pastebin.com/ZE7BQFmu

SkyBon
x4

Post by SkyBon » Sat, 26. Jan 13, 20:42

timon37 wrote:
timon37 wrote:
SkyBon wrote:Having text font blurred:
Can you (or actually anyone else) confirm it does or doesn't happen on windows? Or with different hardware/drivers. Of course I'll test it sooner or later myself, but the more info I have the quicker I can work.
Doesn't happen to me on linux, so no need for windows verification.
It's probably driver/config/pipeline specific, so please also try to check the different pipeline settings (instructions in my main post).
No good, tried all the different settings both in nvidia-settings and config.yaml.

By the way, forcepipeline=2 crashes the game w/ nvidia-current. 1 and 3 work ok.

haitamsh

Post by haitamsh » Sat, 26. Jan 13, 20:54

windows are being opened when pressing r , . but it will not stop spinning. I don't have a numlock in my keyboard, as for capslock it didn't have any effect.

if you need my xinput and xkbcomp output as well:
xinput list output: http://pastebin.com/Ce18cnxR
xkbcomp output: http://pastebin.com/QhBbWAXi

let me know if there is anything else that I provide.
Thank you for your help and quick response.
Haitam

Mellen
x4

Post by Mellen » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 00:13

Here are my findings in the first session until my computer froze up exiting X3. Also available here: http://goo.gl/uDk1H

Code: Select all

Num	Date	Version	Severity	Description
1	26/01/2013	2.5	MINOR	"X3 - Reuinon" typo in splash/startup menu above version number
2	26/01/2013	2.5	MINOR	Graphics Settings dialog seems to forget Antialiasing and Anisotropic was enabled when restarted. Enabling/disabling also does not seem to have any effect.
3	26/01/2013	2.5	MINOR	Input Device/Controller Adjustment settings dialog forgets "invert tilt control" was enabled when restarted
4	26/01/2013	2.5	MINOR	Scrolling mousewheel results in random left/right mouse button clicks, like firing weapons or activating mouse cursor
5	26/01/2013	2.5	MINOR	At one occasion starting the game resulted in the menu music playing while the desktop remained visible. After about a minute, X3 appeared shortly and went back to desktop where the Ubuntu crash agent said compiz had crashed.
6	26/01/2013	2.5	MINOR	Blurry/overly soft fonts in dialog windows. Changing pipelines did not change this. Changing antialiasing from 16x to 2x made fonts sharper.
7	26/01/2013	2.5	MINOR	Saving player stats says it is saved in "My Documents/EgoSoft/X3/PlayerStats.pck" but it is in fact in ".config/EgoSoft/X3/PlayerStats.pck"
8	26/01/2013	2.5	MINOR	Video force pipeline = 2 crashed X3.
9	27/01/2013	2.5	MINOR	Generated playerstats file fails verification on upload: "PlayerStats.pck Signature verification failed!"
Last edited by Mellen on Sun, 27. Jan 13, 00:19, edited 1 time in total.
X3: Reunion for Linux
Screenshots: http://goo.gl/sv6qn
My Issues: http://goo.gl/uDk1H
System Information: http://goo.gl/l74Dh

CoastlandCork
x3tc

Post by CoastlandCork » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 00:13

ok, next bug:

when rapidly selecting targets with the mousewheel, the ship will randomly fire

Skrigger
x3ap

Post by Skrigger » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 00:29

Strange warnings like:

WARNING: Unable to load texture textures\C:\Documents and Settings\Markus.EGOSOFT\Desktop\New Folder (4)\old_shiptex\unique_argon_M3_02_diff, using dummy texture
Full list here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1574353/

timon37
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by timon37 » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 02:15

LaurensBER wrote:I can confirm this problem. Pressing the arrow keys doesn't help. I don't seem to have Scroll lock (Logitech Wave keyboard) but pressing numlock doesn't change anything.
Ok, having more people with the same problem is actually good. If you guys can figure out some common factor between your systems it could greatly help me (e.g. If it's a certain distro I'll just install it and see if I can reproduce this, though I didn't notice any issues on ubuntu 12.10 64bit). Lets move this discussion into http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4013075
SkyBon wrote: No good, tried all the different settings both in nvidia-settings and config.yaml.

By the way, forcepipeline=2 crashes the game w/ nvidia-current. 1 and 3 work ok.
This'll be troublesome, I understand antialiasing didn't influence this as it does for Mellen? It's valuable information even if an option doesn't fix it entirely as long as it influences it. Keep in mind the config file can be tricky (e.g. 'AF': '4' is 16x anisotropic filtering so better to use the config dialog and confirm visually if something is off/on).
moebius218 wrote:when rapidly selecting targets with the mousewheel, the ship will randomly fire
Confirmed, reproduced, will fix it sooner or later (probably along with the shift issue);p
Skrigger wrote:Strange warnings like:

WARNING: Unable to load texture textures\C:\Documents and Settings\Markus.EGOSOFT\Desktop\New Folder (4)\old_shiptex\unique_argon_M3_02_diff, using dummy texture
Yeah those are irrelevant, some unnecessary references that never get used. In general don't worry about anything in the output there's a lot in there that might look bad but is irrelevant, unless it's right before a crash like that assert.
Mellen wrote:

Num	Date	Version	Severity	Description
1	26/01/2013	2.5	MINOR	"X3 - Reuinon" typo in splash/startup menu above version number
2	26/01/2013	2.5	MINOR	Graphics Settings dialog seems to forget Antialiasing and Anisotropic was enabled when restarted. Enabling/disabling also does not seem to have any effect.
3	26/01/2013	2.5	MINOR	Input Device/Controller Adjustment settings dialog forgets "invert tilt control" was enabled when restarted
4	26/01/2013	2.5	MINOR	Scrolling mousewheel results in random left/right mouse button clicks, like firing weapons or activating mouse cursor
5	26/01/2013	2.5	MINOR	At one occasion starting the game resulted in the menu music playing while the desktop remained visible. After about a minute, X3 appeared shortly and went back to desktop where the Ubuntu crash agent said compiz had crashed.
6	26/01/2013	2.5	MINOR	Blurry/overly soft fonts in dialog windows. Changing pipelines did not change this. Changing antialiasing from 16x to 2x made fonts sharper.
7	26/01/2013	2.5	MINOR	Saving player stats says it is saved in "My Documents/EgoSoft/X3/PlayerStats.pck" but it is in fact in ".config/EgoSoft/X3/PlayerStats.pck"
8	26/01/2013	2.5	MINOR	Video force pipeline = 2 crashed X3.
9	27/01/2013	2.5	MINOR	Generated playerstats file fails verification on upload: "PlayerStats.pck Signature verification failed!"
1, 2, 3 should be fixed now.
4 confirmed, will fix it.
5 I'm gonna blame ze evil compositing for this;p (report if it happens often or in certain specific conditions).
6 Can you check if disabling antialiasing fixes this for you? also please gimme a screenshot.
7 Yeah and this probably won't get fixed, or at least not soon (it's quite a bit of work).
8 Seems to happen for everyone right now, there's probably an error message from the shader compiler right before the crash so you can include it and I'll maybe fix it (these shaders are not important atm).
9 Hmm please check if the savegame is marked * modified * at the bottom of I think the personal/pilot/player statistics menu.

SkyBon
x4

Post by SkyBon » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 02:33

timon37 wrote:This'll be troublesome, I understand antialiasing didn't influence this as it does for Mellen? It's valuable information even if an option doesn't fix it entirely as long as it influences it. Keep in mind the config file can be tricky (e.g. 'AF': '4' is 16x anisotropic filtering so better to use the config dialog and confirm visually if something is off/on).
I tried 16x and no AA, no good. Will try 2x and 4x promptly.

timon37
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X³: Reunion - Linux BETA support thread

Post by timon37 » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 03:01

eggman wrote:I am unable to change the volume of the sound effects at all, while I can adjust the music and voice volume up, but not down.
Ohh wow true, there's quite a few issues with audio, and some code cleanup I'll have to do, so it might take me a while:(

Mellen
x4

Post by Mellen » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 10:13

1-3. Confirmed fixed with latest update. (No version bump?)

5. Startup delay/compiz crash
I agree. One does not anger compiz and lives to tell about it.

6. Blurry/soft fonts
NoAA definitely sharpens up the fonts and UI. I noticed the Steam overlay popup notification on game start is also blurry with 16xAA enabled and sharp with no AA.

Screenshots:
Fonts, 16xAA, 16xAF: http://goo.gl/xXT9M
Fonts, NoAA, 16xAF: http://goo.gl/2eqCc
More shots: http://goo.gl/sv6qn

8. Force pipeline =2 crash
../X3/X3/s_linux/s3d.cpp : S_3DRenderPart : 8787 : dStub
======================================
vertex 0 error: line 65, column 1: error: invalid statement
line 66, column 1: error: invalid statement
line 67, column 1: error: invalid statement
line 84, column 1: error: invalid statement
line 86, column 1: error: invalid statement
line 87, column 1: error: invalid statement
line 88, column 1: error: invalid statement

======================================

9. PlayerStats.pck fail verification
There's no modified tag anywhere, so savegame appears legit. :)

Num	Date	Version	Status	Severity	Description
1	26/01/2013	2.5	Fix Released	MINOR	"X3 - Reuinon" typo in splash/startup menu above version number
2	26/01/2013	2.5	Fix Released	MINOR	Graphics Settings dialog seems to forget Antialiasing and Anisotropic was enabled when restarted. Enabling/disabling also does not seem to have any effect.
3	26/01/2013	2.5	Fix Released	MINOR	Input Device/Controller Adjustment settings dialog forgets "invert tilt control" was enabled when restarted
4	26/01/2013	2.5	In Progress	MINOR	Scrolling mousewheel results in random left/right mouse button clicks, like firing weapons or activating mouse cursor
5	26/01/2013	2.5	Invalid	MINOR	At one occasion starting the game resulted in the menu music playing while the desktop remained visible. After about a minute, X3 appeared shortly and went back to desktop where the Ubuntu crash agent said compiz had crashed.
6	26/01/2013	2.5	New	MINOR	Blurry/overly soft fonts in dialog windows. Changing pipelines did not change this. Changing antialiasing from 16x to 2x made fonts sharper.
7	26/01/2013	2.5	Won't Fix	MINOR	Saving player stats says it is saved in "My Documents/EgoSoft/X3/PlayerStats.pck" but it is in fact in ".config/EgoSoft/X3/PlayerStats.pck"
8	26/01/2013	2.5	New	MINOR	Video force pipeline = 2 crashed X3.
9	27/01/2013	2.5	New	MINOR	Generated playerstats file fails verification on upload: "PlayerStats.pck Signature verification failed!"
10	27/01/2013	2.5+	New	MINOR	There's no visual difference in AA modes 2x-8x. Only 16x seems to add AA.
11	27/01/2013	2.5+	New	MINOR	(Similar to 3) Mouse "invert tilt control" is forgotten on restarts.
X3: Reunion for Linux
Screenshots: http://goo.gl/sv6qn
My Issues: http://goo.gl/uDk1H
System Information: http://goo.gl/l74Dh

Night Nord
x4

Post by Night Nord » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 11:59

timon37 wrote:
Night Nord wrote:1. After starting the game it shows "X3: reunion" loading screen and then black screen for few seconds until menu is loaded.
2. Game lags for a moment when new item is loading - model for item in shop or new face video sequence for comm.
3. After new game started it was blinking black few times in Argon Prime.
4. Maybe Ion Disruptor beam itself is not visible - ship effects are visible. But I'm not sure, I'm dying too fast.
5. I can't assign shortcut with shift/alt/ctrl modifiers - they are got caught as simple letter.
6. And yes, engine sounds are weird when they are not directed towards you. If you straight behind the ship - sound is normal. If you are just a little bit on side - it weirds out.
1. Do you get any movie sequences at all? A swirling blue tunel in the huge X in main menu, or when you request to talk with a human on a station? Or just play a movie from the main menu. Which distro are you on? There's probably some incompatibility with ffmpeg, you can try removing these from install_dir/lib/libav* and libsw* and use the distro version (you'll need to install 32bit version of them).
2. Yeah it often happens on windows too but I think it's worse on linux. I'll work on this, sooner or later, for now focusing on crashes and errors
3. After the briefing I'm always seeing a delay with envmap rendering so at first everything is much brighter and then it turns darker is this what you're seeing or something different? Does the whole screen turn black or just models?
4. Hmm not sure myself (don't remember all the weapons and their effects), but it probably should be there, can you send me a save game (my email is in reply to sakuramboo) with a ship with those and provide a screenshot of what it looks like on your machine (might be hard to do, note the workaround for making those).
5. Hmm I'll have to check how it was on windows, but I think only shift should be a valid modifier. The rest are like normal keypresses (if someone knows feel free to correct me).
6. ok
1. I don't get intro movie only. Other sequences including briefings and "on-planet ambush" of second mission are playing very well.
2. Disk latency? I have 16Gb of RAM, I'll try to just place whole game into tmpfs and check if it works better. (Generally linux distros are using CFQ as default disk scheduler, so application may have less exclusive access to disk than in windows case).
3. Nevermind, it seems to be caused by interference from other application trying to break though fullscreen mode. Now I remember that fglrx was always behaving like that - it has special mode for fullscreen applications and screen blinks black when it switches from this special mode to normal as requested by WM.
4. I don't remember it too. In X3:TC ion disruptor was like a lightning from your ship to other ship. Here it is like huge white segmented cone spreading from enemy ship towards you. This white cone also remains even after ship stopped shooting. I'll get it soon (currently I've only observed it on enemy ships) and give you screenshot/savegame. At least I think that this is ion disruptor - it makes my shields cry and kills all equipment with frightening speed.
5, It should be. There is a lot of Shift+something keybindings already - shift-J for jumpdrive as example. But you can't assign it. I were always using shift+D for docking computer, but now I'm forced to use ] for this.
timon37 wrote:Just play a bit more and it'll crash;p
14 ingame hours. I'm almost completed Bala-Gi missions (I'm rushing to hyperion using googled secrets, so I may rush though campaign afterwards ;p). Crashed only once with floating point exception while chasing Khaak scout into Unknown Sector below Mists of Elysium, but it could be due Bonus Pack installed. Not reproducible.

Speaking of Mists of Elysium - sectors from "Reservoir of Tranquility" to "Mists of Elysium" (including) + "Dark Waters" (all with some red nebula) missing skybox. I'll attach screenshot/savegame as soon as I'll get to it next time =)

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 18:24

I also get blurry fonts just If I activate the anti-aliasing option, windowed or fullscreen.

I am suing nvidia gtx 470 and driver 310.32.

It is easy to work-around just not enabling anti-alias at all in the game graphics menu before you hit the start button.

I have a screenshot here, it is not very good, but it gives you the idea of what they look like:

http://www.wuala.com/ezra_s/Public/X3R/

----

Also a minor bug: I am also getting some strange noise when I am near a big ship, like high tension electric noise, best way to check for it is to target any big ship and click F3 for third view and turn around the camera. It's probably the engine sound not playing correctly, although in the ship I'm testing, a discoverer, engine sound plays ok.

Night Nord
x4

Post by Night Nord » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 20:12

Also a minor bug: I am also getting some strange noise when I am near a big ship, like high tension electric noise, best way to check for it is to target any big ship and click F3 for third view and turn around the camera. It's probably the engine sound not playing correctly, although in the ship I'm testing, a discoverer, engine sound plays ok.
That's a known bug. It affects all 3d sounds - from engines or your own suit to "plasma sounds". Actually, I like plasma sounds as they are now - very distinctive - I may tell what exactly is approaching to me by just sound. No more "pew-pew"s.

etonbears
x4

Post by etonbears » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 20:56

Works on both my desktop and laptop:

Desktop: 64bit Ubuntu 12.10 / X79 Motherboard / Intel 3820 Processor / 16GB / AMD 5850 / FGLRX / Realtek ALC898

Laptop: 32bit Ubuntu 12.10 / Arima w840di / Intel Core2 Duo P8400 / 4GB / AMD Mobility 3780 / RADEON / Realtek ALC269

Performance is very good on the desktop, even at max settings and 2560x1440 resolution.

Performance is sluggish on the laptop, partly due to wussy processor, but mainly because FGLRX no longer supports this graphics card on new xorg, and the open-source RADEON driver is nowhere near as performant.

Issues:

1. Occasional pauses, not really worked out a pattern yet.
2. Argon One buzzes like a mosquito on steroids :) The pitch is constant and high, so I would guess that the sample is being played back at a multiple of the correct frequency. Also, there appears to be no doppler on it to account for movement.
3. The game filled up my hard disk with 67GB of .xsession-errors. This caused a lack of space crash in Farnham's Legend. The content of the file was just these 2 lines repeated...

../X3/X3/s_linux/sio2.cpp : S_VbiIO2_Direct : 595 : sc MDxy 1 -1
../X3/X3/s_linux/sio2.cpp : S_VbiIO2_Direct : 435 : sc Arrows 0 0 0 0

timon37
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by timon37 » Sun, 27. Jan 13, 23:38

etonbears wrote: 1. Occasional pauses, not really worked out a pattern yet.
2. Argon One buzzes like a mosquito on steroids :) The pitch is constant and high, so I would guess that the sample is being played back at a multiple of the correct frequency. Also, there appears to be no doppler on it to account for movement.
3. The game filled up my hard disk with 67GB of .xsession-errors. This caused a lack of space crash in Farnham's Legend. The content of the file was just these 2 lines repeated...
1, 2 I'm aware of will deal with them sooner or later.
3. Ouch I don't even have any such logging, I understand you just normally run X3R from steam? I'm disabling input debug, and redirecting any stderr to stdout which I hope will solve this (and still give me the output I might need), please verify when it's updated.

Also I just realized I disabled the intro before... I'm obviously not getting enough sleep here;p I'll respond to the other messages a bit later (need to eat something).

etonbears
x4

Post by etonbears » Mon, 28. Jan 13, 01:07

timon37 wrote:
etonbears wrote: 1. Occasional pauses, not really worked out a pattern yet.
1, 2 I'm aware of will deal with them sooner or later.
3. Ouch I don't even have any such logging, I understand you just normally run X3R from steam? I'm disabling input debug, and redirecting any stderr to stdout which I hope will solve this (and still give me the output I might need), please verify when it's updated.

Also I just realized I disabled the intro before... I'm obviously not getting enough sleep here;p I'll respond to the other messages a bit later (need to eat something).
Hi Timon,

I'd forgotten about the intro too :)

I wasn't quite accurate in my description of the xsession-errors file. MOST of it was as above, but after looking at it using head/tail there were plenty of other entries that looked like malloc/free notifications and other programmer comments/queries/warnings.

I've saved those entries if you need to see them, but deleted the rest otherwise my system will become unstable ( this is the Desktop, not the laptop, btw ).

Also, I found that the RADEON driver on my laptop was just too sluggish to bear ( not to mention that neither the half-life or counter-strike betas even work with it ), so I reverted to an older xorg that allowed me to use FGLRX, and that works much better - very smooth and playable even on a Mobility HD3870.

I'll update and try again; happy feeding/sleeping :)

ReveArek

Post by ReveArek » Mon, 28. Jan 13, 12:23

Hi. Are You going to make some updated build for LGP version users, or we have to buy the game again :-(

timon37
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by timon37 » Mon, 28. Jan 13, 13:11

@Mellen
Thanks for all the info. I just realized that 16x probably additionally enables transparency AA which would explain everything. Please make screenshots of the main menu (it's easier to tell what's happening in there). Post those screenshots in the "blured text" thread.
Night Nord wrote: 1. I don't get intro movie only. Other sequences including briefings and "on-planet ambush" of second mission are playing very well.
2. Disk latency? I have 16Gb of RAM, I'll try to just place whole game into tmpfs and check if it works better. (Generally linux distros are using CFQ as default disk scheduler, so application may have less exclusive access to disk than in windows case).
3. Nevermind, it seems to be caused by interference from other application trying to break though fullscreen mode. Now I remember that fglrx was always behaving like that - it has special mode for fullscreen applications and screen blinks black when it switches from this special mode to normal as requested by WM.
4. I don't remember it too. In X3:TC ion disruptor was like a lightning from your ship to other ship. Here it is like huge white segmented cone spreading from enemy ship towards you. This white cone also remains even after ship stopped shooting. I'll get it soon (currently I've only observed it on enemy ships) and give you screenshot/savegame. At least I think that this is ion disruptor - it makes my shields cry and kills all equipment with frightening speed.
5, It should be. There is a lot of Shift+something keybindings already - shift-J for jumpdrive as example. But you can't assign it. I were always using shift+D for docking computer, but now I'm forced to use ] for this.
1. Yeah my bad.
2. It's mostly building ibo's, vbo's and uploading them, though I'm guessing a bit here.
3. Ohh well, one of the minor inconveniences of linux I guess;p
4. Ok, thanks.
5. Yep working on input stuff now.
Night Nord wrote:
timon37 wrote:Just play a bit more and it'll crash;p
14 ingame hours. I'm almost completed Bala-Gi missions (I'm rushing to hyperion using googled secrets, so I may rush though campaign afterwards ;p). Crashed only once with floating point exception while chasing Khaak scout into Unknown Sector below Mists of Elysium, but it could be due Bonus Pack installed. Not reproducible.

Speaking of Mists of Elysium - sectors from "Reservoir of Tranquility" to "Mists of Elysium" (including) + "Dark Waters" (all with some red nebula) missing skybox. I'll attach screenshot/savegame as soon as I'll get to it next time =)
That's mostly good I guess. Regarding the float crash, search for a "core" file in the game folder and send it to me. And waiting for all the screenshots/savegames:)
etonbears wrote: I've saved those entries if you need to see them, but deleted the rest otherwise my system will become unstable ( this is the Desktop, not the laptop, btw ).
Nah delete them, they're only useful right before a crash.
etonbears wrote: Also, I found that the RADEON driver on my laptop was just too sluggish to bear ( not to mention that neither the half-life or counter-strike betas even work with it ), so I reverted to an older xorg that allowed me to use FGLRX, and that works much better - very smooth and playable even on a Mobility HD3870.
Yep that's the situation right now unfortunately.
ReveArek wrote:Hi. Are You going to make some updated build for LGP version users, or we have to buy the game again :-(
I'll have an answer soon.

Night Nord
x4

Post by Night Nord » Mon, 28. Jan 13, 19:23

1. Yeah my bad.
Did you fixed that? I'm suddenly got the intro video when I started the game last time =) Now it works. If you haven't done anything then probably it was just a fglrx driver bug.

----
Loaded Cut 50130 [others\argon_gate_scene]
Loaded Cut 50320 [ships\paranid\paranid_M5_var2_yaki_scene]
Loaded Cut 50318 [ships\paranid\paranid_M4_var3_yaki_scene]
Loaded Cut 50312 [ships\teladi\teladi_M4_var3_scene]
----
Warning!  Some triangles have zero area!
----
Loaded Cut 50144 [ships\argon\argon_M3_scene]
Loaded Cut 50241 [ships\paranid\paranid_M4_yaki_scene]
----
Warning!  Some triangles have zero area!
----
Loaded Cut 4210 [cut\04210]
Loaded Cut 50265 [ships\split\split_M3_var1_scene]
ST_UnloadCut() cut 2224 start
[000000]->[07969b]#2100[2100].WarpToSector(18, 9, 18, 10, -1626, -1849)
[079924]->[07472b]#-502(2009)[2009].WarpEnterSector(-374, -1626)
[07479a]->[0d410c]#3001[3001].TestQuests()
[0d4146]->[0d4cba]#3001[3001].CheckBBSQuests()
[0d4d0e]->[0fcda8]#-49990(4307)[4307].Check()
[0fd3e2]->[0fe76b]#-49990(4307)[4307].CreateYacht()
[0fe7c4]->[05b874]#-56157(2027)[2004].SetHighlighted()
../X3/X3/engines/story.cpp:4527: BOOL StoryBaseClass::SB_RunTask(StoryTask*): Assertion `("Not enough arguments passed to story function, see call stack dump", 0)' failed.
/home/night/Steam/SteamApps/common/X3 - Reunion/testandlaunch: line 28:  3704 Аварийный останов         ./$1
Bala Gi mission, entering second Unknown sector beyound Maelstorm (with Hyperion).

xz'ed core, savegame and full log (from steam start to end): here
Just use jumpdrive and jump to the south gate in first Unknown Sector - it's revealed already.
That's mostly good I guess. Regarding the float crash, search for a "core" file in the game folder and send it to me. And waiting for all the screenshots/savegames:)
Sorry, no core for float crash - I have no habbit to enable coredumps (ulimit -c unlimited) for playing games :p

Screenshots/savegame for weird boron sectors: here

No savegame for Ion distruptor yet =( - I'm working on it. Lazy borons/argons can't get their stuff together and make at least one =(
Last edited by Night Nord on Mon, 28. Jan 13, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”