X2 The Threat - Dual Monitors - Wn7

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Brodie
x4

X2 The Threat - Dual Monitors - Wn7

Post by Brodie » Thu, 9. Aug 12, 21:19

Hey,

I have dual monitors and would like to use them both when playing X2 Th Threat.
I know if does or at least did support Dual Monitors, but cant seem to set it up. I know this guide: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/dua ... 759-6.html does not work on Windows 7.

I have tried using SoftTH but cant get it too work.
I put the d3d9.dll file in what i would consider to be the main file (the one that contains the .exe file) but as its a steam version of the game i dont know if that applies.
Anyway running the game after placing the file in the folder did nothing, and did not create any other files.
I dont want to buy a "triplehead2go" as i dont have a spare £250

Anyone got any ideas or using something that would help?

Knudow
x3tc

Post by Knudow » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 21:09

You need to use your graphic card's panel to set the two screens as one big screen. If you have an ATI card, it's called Eyefinity.

But there's a problem. The game is old and prefers 4:3 displays so, if you have two widescreen monitors and set the game resolution to the big resolution (for example, 3840x1080) the game will think that you have THREE screens.

I managed to make it work by tinkering a bit on the ATI control panel and selecting a 2048x768 resolution. This way each monitor will display a 4:3 image and the multimonitor settings in the game will work as intended back in the day.

http://i.imgur.com/0iRI5s9.png

Frankly, after doing all this I don't think it's worthy. I prefer playing on one monitor and having the pdf with all the controls opened on the other screen.

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”