Throttle Jitters

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Darshu
x3

Throttle Jitters

Post by Darshu » Sun, 11. Jan 04, 20:14

Yeah, space can be scary, but I did not think my hardware would fear it... :?

Basically, my problem is this:

Whenever I adjust the throttle on my Saitek X45 combo, unless I find the EXACT right position for it, the whole cockpit shakes while the throttle setting jumps between values. Sometimes I can find a setting of 90, or at the very max speed where its stable, but usually not.

Is it possible to remove the screen wobble? I remember in games like Freelancer, even though my throttle would jitter, my ship's cockpit would not constantly jump around like that.

Can we either have the throttle inputs from analog joysticks averaged, or just remove the cockpit bouncing please?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sun, 11. Jan 04, 20:20

I like the cockpit shaking - but maybe have a slider to adjust it's reaction to your throttle? From what some people have said, they are finding it a little too sensative.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

chryosstormwing
x4

Post by chryosstormwing » Sun, 11. Jan 04, 20:30

I know what you are talking about and experienced the same problem with my Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro.
I fixed it by setting the throttle on the joystick to 100% always and adjusting the speed with the keyboard instead. if you leave the throttle to zero it will always return to that but not so with 100% - as far as my experiences go... not a fix perhaps but a workaround at least.. hope that helps a bit[/list]
Jeder ist seiner eigenen Musik Beat.

Darshu
x3

Post by Darshu » Sun, 11. Jan 04, 20:38

Uhhh.

Why in the world was this post moved to the Spoilers forum? :lol:

Marvin the Martian
x2

Post by Marvin the Martian » Sun, 11. Jan 04, 20:39

YEP :?

Does it to me too.

I jus assumed I'd had a Stroke and got the shakes :roll:

Ma Ma Ma Ma Marv-in- d d d d d denile :o

hehe hehe he hu hu ???

White Tiger
x2

Post by White Tiger » Sun, 11. Jan 04, 20:54

Cockpit jitters is a very distracting feature and adds nothing positive to the game for me. It would be nice if this feature could be turned off "in game" for those who do not like it. Those who do could leave it on. I would turn it off in a heartbeat. :x

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Sun, 11. Jan 04, 21:08

Yes, I have this same problem. The joystick is too sensitive when it comes to throttle, and it "lands" between two of the ingame throttle numbers- so the computer jumps back and forth between lets say... 120 and 121. And because its moving is like accelerating and deaccelerating the cockpit does what its suppose to and jitter.

And easy fix for egsoft. Make the cockpit jitter only when accelerating up more then 10 and deaccelerating more then 10 clicks. (instead of its current 1)

HOPEFULLY, it will be addressed. I really really really hope it will be addressed. :shock:

Oh, and this seems more of a Technical, so off to the Tech forums! :)

tex-x
x2

Post by tex-x » Sun, 11. Jan 04, 21:18

Wow! does Egosoft actually mean (by moving this topic to the spoilers) that the distracting, game diminishing, yet one more thing in a serires of problems with an untested product, is a hidden feature?

Now that makes it all better.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sun, 11. Jan 04, 21:47

The cockpit shaking is a feature, and has been on previous X games. The bug here is that it's a bit too sensative to your throttle movement.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Dutchman
x2

Post by Dutchman » Sun, 11. Jan 04, 22:27

I like the cockpit shaking, it gives a feel of acceleration if working properly, and that it doesn't. The over-sensitivity happens to almost all thottle controll I read about, including mine.
This topic has been posted before however and let's just hope that upgrade 1.2 will solve this issue.

As a workaround I turned off the throttle controll in the joystick configuration menu and programmed the accelleration/decelaration to a couple buttons on my combo.

Roll on :x2: 1.2

FLY135
x2

Post by FLY135 » Mon, 12. Jan 04, 00:01

I like the cockpit shaking...
I like it when the game freezes or CTD's.

Storm_Front
x2

Post by Storm_Front » Mon, 12. Jan 04, 03:06

Selecting INPUT at the start of the game and removing "throttle control" from the joystick fixed this same problem for me. It would be nice to be able to use the joystick throttle instead of the keyboard, but I was afraid if I kept throwing my joystick at the wall I might break it. :evil:

My joystick (Logitech Wingman Extreme, no FFB)

Fergrim
x2

Post by Fergrim » Mon, 12. Jan 04, 03:38

I want to know what Tex hopes to accomplish with that kind of feedback.

Do you want the tech forum moved to the spoiler forum? Are you hoping that by heckling you'll get them to fix the game faster? Or do you really just not have anything better to do than complain..

I'm assuming you're a fan, who's unwilling to return the copy but is upset over bugs in the game.. Hell.. just troll.. the constant unproductive complaining isn't helping anyone.

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Mon, 12. Jan 04, 05:44

Re Tex: Just ignore him.

Re Jitters: Egosoft is aware of the throttle sensitivity issue and are working on it.
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”