Posting it in Tech Support? A proper buglist could be useful to some people.What have a I missed ?
Over it goes
Seconded - Auto-pillok is still in place. Only yesterday after ordering the ship I was in to follow another one of my ships, I was then to be treated by smacking straight into said ship!apricotslice wrote: 1. Auto-pilot crashes player ship into asteroids.
The AP avoids far too radically far too late. Avoidance should be recognised 5km earlier at least, and be a maximum of 20% turn. It should also slow the speed dramatically if needed. And the turn should not be towards another solid object. Half the collisions are because the AP turned into another roid and couldnt avoid that one.
2. Auto-Pilot crashes AI controlled ships. Same problem. But with Capital ships, the need for STOP-TURN-MOVE while going through sectors is essential. The auto-pilot should also head a ship out of the asteroid plane first, then plot a course to the target.
That seems fair enough to me, annoying but fair.apricotslice wrote: 5. Ships destroyed because they are docked at a station being destroyed by the God Engine.
Seconded absolutley and totally!apricotslice wrote: 10. BBS missions do not show your rank and the rank required for the mission. (Being insulted all the time is NOT acceptable).
I'd say just M1's, would give them more of a role. I'd like the M5 on the M6 back too.apricotslice wrote: 16. TL and M1 MUST be able to dock freighters. If not internally, then externally. M2 should also be able to dock a freighter for e-cell resupply. I consider this a bug, not an issue.
Agree with all of thoseapricotslice wrote: 1. Allow seta while docked or allow freight transfer oos.
2. Limitations on where a UT is allowed to go, to avoid unsafe sectors.
4. Player HQ. EVERYONE STILL WANTS ONE.
5. Defense Platforms to replace the inadequate Lasertowers and the need for hundreds of them in a sector. Preferably a station that can be linked to a complex as a fixed complex defense, using the missiles and guns produced by the complex (if any).
7. ADD STATION TO COMPLEX command. AI places station automatically in the best possible place, with the minimum of tubing. Player complexes should look like AI complexes, not spagetti with meatballs, regardless of how many stations are linked. 10. All wares should be buyable in bulk. The fact that they are fitted to a ship is not relevant. This is especially true of Jumpdrive and transporter device, but also includes ALL software. Only the cargo bay, speed and rudder enhancements should require an individual ship to visit a station. Everything else should be buyable in bulk and fitted from your EQ dock or TL or in a complex hub from ship to ship transfer.
12. Fleet management is totally inadequate when you get above a single screen of ships in the property menu.
14. Claiming ships is SALVAGE, not piracy, so system override software should be legal and bought from the Teladi. Piracy is forcing a pilot to bail out by shooting at him, which is illegal and should get an immediate police response according to race relations. Pirates/xenon/khaak - none/thankyou from anyone saved. Boron in Argon space, immediate police attack on you if witnessed in scanner range of one police ship. Paranid in Argon space, warning that its not acceptable behaviour (but officially ignored). etc.
17. Update the station announcements and bbs messages. The old X2 stuff has worn extremely thin.
18. More bbs missions available. All ranks below you available, not just your rank and higher. Less irrelevant bbs postings.
NO.Armegeddon wrote:Youre TL probably has it's individual ones set for Boron and Paranid to Foe, or you're personal ship has them set that way, or you have a Boron/Paranid in that sector that you've annoyed. I had that happen once when I accidently pissed off a Race Response ship. I apologized to the specific ship, but some more jumped in just as I was leaving and they remained angry. After I left they then jumped to several different sectors, so I had to spend quite awhile looking for ships that were Red and go apologize to them individually.Cr4Fty wrote:How 'bout the:
Every time I leave my ship the race response resets global settings.
After every cap I have to reset Boron and Paranid to FOE.
Everytime I dock at my TL and launch again.
1. Scroll to description and hit 't' for target.snyderm wrote:2. Can I please target something from the sector map? Am I missing something? If I want to pick up the unknown object into my cargo bay, cant I just target it somehow? You cant always see everything from your ship. Double clicking on it from the sector map usually selects the wrong object. Make it so you can click on the description to the right and then target it, instead of bringing up that USELESS Item description.
How about people stick to discussing the issues, not picking apart each other's posts and discussing attitude? This is a Tech Support forum, and if this continues then the thread will simply be locked.DesertEagle wrote:I honestly don't like your attitude, Armegeddon.
Yeah, maybe you're not annoyed, but your response is bloody annoying.
Most of my posts in threads asking for changes to the game are meant to show alternate methods of achieving the desired changes. If a script or mod exists that adds certain features that are not already in the game, then there is very little reason to add that feature to the game, if the script/mod performs adaquately. That is why we have the ability to create script and mods. From apricotslice's previous comments, he (appears) to think that the reason for scripts and mods is to fix broken parts of the game, which I do not agree with. If that was the case, EgoSoft would have saved themselves alot of complaints by simply not giving us the ability to create script or mods.DesertEagle wrote:I honestly don't like your attitude, Armegeddon. Apricotslice's post is constructive, detailed, and thorough without resorting to whining. If anything, the "whines" you identify are just Apricotslice's sense of humor IMO. I've put my own comments on some of your response below.
My apologies if some of my posts push the line. apricotslice has a good idea on trying to compile a list of bugs in the game. I just want to try to make sure that what gets mentioned really are bugs and not some peoples individual complaints with the game. I will stop replying if the devs/moderators conclude that I'm becoming a hinderence instead of helping.CJB wrote: How about people stick to discussing the issues, not picking apart each other's posts and discussing attitude? This is a Tech Support forum, and if this continues then the thread will simply be locked.
A thread killer if ever I saw one.esd wrote:Posting it in Tech Support? A proper buglist could be useful to some people.Over it goes
If you ahve one, just mention it.reelbf wrote:I have another bug or potential bug shall I leve that one until his thread goes down abit?