Problems

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

fchopin
x3

Post by fchopin » Sun, 19. Mar 06, 16:33

Herbaceous wrote:Hi Fchopin :)

No, I'm not using any mods or scripts. Looking at the way my fighters were correcting course, it seemed like a pathfinding problem around built-up areas (small roids etc.)
What kind of fighters are you using, M5s, M4s or M3s?

And are they used as wingmen or in another way?
When there are no more games it is time for music.

Herbaceous
x4

Post by Herbaceous » Sun, 19. Mar 06, 16:36

4 Disco's, set to 'Protect Ship' (UT).. UT formation set to X, but not sure if the formation worked. No wingman setting. The UT was a Toucan
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life" Terry Pratchett

docmasters
x3

Post by docmasters » Sun, 19. Mar 06, 18:21

Well in the past 2 times that I have played Ive had 3 frieghters and 1 mammoth die.

rab1976
x3

I get this problem too

Post by rab1976 » Sun, 19. Mar 06, 23:26

Patched to 1.4, no scripts or mods installed. I have four wingmen - one Falcon, two Busters and a single Discoverer, all set to protect me, all with the "X" formation selected. I found that occasionally, when I attempt to dock at a station, the Discoverer would have a fatal collision with the station (presumably because wingmen who are protecting you will all try to dock at the same place). This happened in Elena's Fortune, which has a lot of asteroids flying about - I haven't noticed this happening in clear sectors.

I also had problems assaulting a pirate base in Ore Belt (having destroyed all the laser towers, so I know my ships weren't getting killed by enemy fire!). All wingmen were ordered to "attack my target". The Falcon wingman was fine, presumably because his speed is much slower than the Buster or Discoverer. However, I eventually lost all three of the smaller, faster ships during the assault - one by one they ended up bumping into the station. I definitely didn't order a kamikaze attack :roll:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 20. Mar 06, 00:36

fchopin wrote:Hi guys, are you using any scripts in your saves?

I am trying to find the cause for this problem so any info is appreciated.
Glad someone is :)

I'm using quite a few scripts, but there is nothing that indicates that a script issue is the problem. I'd have to have a look now to figure out which ones I'm using as they were put in yonks ago now.

In 1.3, the ships most vulnerable were those I added lots of speed to. In 1.4, the ships going missing have ordinary maxed speeds.

All ship types fall victim. The only criteria is that its in space somewhere. On or mission or not, doesnt matter. They vanish when they are moving, or stationary.

The_Vamp
x3

Post by The_Vamp » Mon, 20. Mar 06, 02:05

I installed a fresh copy of the game with 1.4 and I have noticed a large number of ships crashing when I am in sector. They crash into everything from asteroids, each other, and space stations. I am not running any mod or scripts. Though I do have a saved game that I plugged in money (scripted it myself) to verify that this is not a figment of my imagination, but is indeed really a bug.
At the suggestion of one of the moderator I left the sector, and the carnage ceased dramatically with an occasional dropped ship as described in this thread (OOS with no description as to why the ship died). Major Bug (I have have confirmed that I lose one ship every ten minutes while in sector. As an amusing comparison, my equipment dock has killed more ships than I have....)

The black screen between sector jumps seems to have quadrupled in time. Minor Bug plus. I am patient on these types of things, but I can see peeps getting a bit ticked about this.

Hitting escape during mission cut scenes seems to have rather peculiar effects on the game. after escaping the planet after mission two, prior to using my space suit to travel a bit, you get to see a ghost character from the past (X2). I will let you do it, as it is hard to describe. Minor bug.

Alt-Tab works well now thank you! Unfortunately it seems to have a limit. After about the tenth time it seems to go belly up. Minor bug.

I am playing the game with plot in X-Treme mode, though, I have tried other incarnations with the same result.

Systems specs withheld due to pure laziness. I have read other posts and the killer in sector bug appears to be a issue across the board.

Good luck to you. Who knows, maybe we will have a working game in 1.05? 1.04 seems to have slayed the majority of them, so you are on the right path.

Though I would like to complain that almost five months after its release, you still have serious coding bugs (I am not referring to system or hardware related incompatibilities, those happen with all software) and that certainly will impact my decision to purchase products from you in the future.

-The Vamp!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 20. Mar 06, 02:15

Suggestion :

I think we need a patch that completely removes everything in the game to do with the autopilot, collission avoidance, and message log, then to reapply all this to 1.4 level.

When I uninstalled the beta patches, then reinstalled, I got a significant improvement in the auto-pillok. It was like faulty code was removed, then the improved code was reinstalled. The orginal fawlty code impeded the new patch improvements until fully removed first.

Anyone who didnt do this will still have loaded and functional, that part of the game that doesnt work, with the 1.4 patch only partly working because something that is removed by the beta patches uninstall remains in the game fouling it up.

So maybe we need a removal and replace patch.

Personally, I'd also like to completely remove the god-engine and see if the unexplained ship losses continue. I half-suspect the ge is to blame for them. It would not surprise me if the ge has an expectation of player ship losses built in and when you dont lose enough ships, it takes them out for you. Sure feels like that anyway.

graham_hawkins
x3tc

Post by graham_hawkins » Mon, 20. Mar 06, 08:39

fchopin wrote:Hi guys, are you using any scripts in your saves?
No. Unmodified UK game, patched to 1.4. One continuous normal difficuly plot game.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”