command line parameter for initial window position in windowed mode?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Idgy
x3tc

command line parameter for initial window position in windowed mode?

Post by Idgy » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 20:20

Hi all, I've taken to playing the game in windowed mode and it works beautifully. Since I play it for hours on end, I tend to get a little bit of burn-in on my LCD from the cockpit and the window borders, etc.

I'd like to move the window around every now and then, but I've had no luck with the standard methods (alt+space, M; right-clicking on taskbar button to select Move; right-clicking on window border, etc.). It seems that the only way to move the window is to get it to start in a different position.

So: is there anything I can add to my X2 shortcut's command line to make it run in windowed mode and at a specific X,Y coordinate? Or am I SOL on this?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 20:33

I'm afraid there is no way to move it.

Naffarin
x3

Post by Naffarin » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 20:34

Search the web for a program named ShiftWindow
I know it from the time when i played eve online and it works with x, too.
Very handy

Idgy
x3tc

Post by Idgy » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 21:05

Naffarin, this is brilliant. Exactly what I was looking for.

Located here, if anyone else wants it.

I now have hotkeys defined to move it around, and can reposition it without even moving focus from the game. {EDIT: turns out that X2 can't be in focus for the hotkeys to work. bummer. But still a helpful program!}

I also found a command-line utility called CMDOW that, if I got really ambitious, would let me do it via a batch file. Theoretically I could have it reposition every 10 minutes automatically! Hehehe.
Last edited by Idgy on Fri, 10. Feb 06, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 10. Feb 06, 21:16

Wow, that proved me wrong. :D

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”