[X3] Problems installing the US version? READ THIS!

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

im187
x3

email

Post by im187 » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 15:23

i JUst sent off my email to see about getting anew copy of the game thanks for all the info guys

thedarius
x3tc

Post by thedarius » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 21:30

Just to update folks, I have tried to send emails to both address, and cant get to either of them. I also put a call in, and it looks like Paul at enlight is only taking voicemail these days. I left my issue and my name and Cell # with them hoping someone will contact me soo. :o I soo want to play the full version its killing me. Guess I just have to re download the demo again. The start playing 20 Min later. :)

Epicman
x3

Post by Epicman » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 22:47

Well, I called Tuesday and left a voicemail. E-mailed Wednesday and still haven't heard anything back. You know, for a company they sure are not professional. I mean, at least lie to me and send me an e-mail back saying you are looking into it.

thedarius
x3tc

Post by thedarius » Fri, 24. Mar 06, 22:57

:lol: No kidding!!!

Nova_Cain820
x3

Post by Nova_Cain820 » Sat, 25. Mar 06, 18:39

I think the trick is to play the role of the heckler...keep calling. voicemails have to be listened to just start with your name and then say your problem, keep calling, call twice a day it's easy to play off emails but remember I got through, on my first try at that, maybe i'm just lucky but I know that the number isn't false because Paul from enlight picked up. Keep trying eventually he'll be there because I'm pretty sure that this is one of his personal office phones, he can't just ignore it if it's ringing off the hook and all he gets are emails. Secondly they aren't going to believe that alot of you have even bought the game without some kind of evidence to support it. Give him your online reg code, heck even the bar code, some kind of evidence that you have the box with the cd's but the cd's don't work. I didn't show my first email I sent out but I left my online reg code because I think they just give you a new copy of the game not just the one cd, but we'll see I still have yet to recieve my fixed game. Thirdly when I called he said that even though the emails say they didn't get through apparently they did, this I can't explain but while I was on the phone with him he asked my email address and when I started saying mine he finished the address for me, meaning he had it in front of him further more he said he got it. So...again fill the role of the heckler, just in the emails state the problem, state evidence of ownership, state your address and perhaps even ask for a confirmation email otherwise you'll keep calling to make sure it got through. I don't know what else to say, I'm still waiting on my game that they promised, hopefully this helps. In regards to best buy and me saying that most of their product is no good, apparently it doesn't matter how many are in actuallity no good, unless enlight issues a recall or X amount of people return the game in the states they still have to sell the busted games, due to a legality they can't even warn people that it may be broken. Ahh...don't you love major retailers. One final thing, I still say that here on the website there needs to be a more prominent link talking about this issue, if there are so many people having trouble with this US install it would make sense that egosoft even though they aren't responsible for the issue, make sure to let everyone know about it, otherwise you'll be losing a ton of new buyers, on this game and possibly the next. Not very many people will search through a forum to find a unpopular sticky to find out why the heck their game doesn't work, most will just return it but I know that a large volume would willingly go to the game website to see if anything is stated there, but not the follow through to the forum. Just food for thought
Nick

thedarius
x3tc

Nova_Cain820 is the man!!

Post by thedarius » Mon, 27. Mar 06, 20:30

After a week of attemts, I just got off the phone with Paul, the CEO at Enlight, and after explaining the issue, and giving him my email address, he told me, that they had received my emails, and he will forward it to the right folks how will send out a new cd set tomorrow.

YA.

So the the Nova_Cain820 formula works well!

If you are having this issue, make sure to send as much information in the email as possible. The error messages, the titles listed on the CD's, your online registration code, what you have done to try and fix the problem. And finally, your address to send out the new CD Set.

Hey Nick, let us know when you get your CDs please!

:D

Nova_Cain820
x3

Post by Nova_Cain820 » Mon, 27. Mar 06, 23:05

Funny you should bring that up, I just got my new copies in the mail, i'm installing them now, barring all issues otherwise the installer disk reads X3 1.3 5 so it should work, it took 4 working days to get them, keep trying all those who can't get through you will, and enlight does send out the disks if you provide the correct information in your emails or your phone calls *though i think they prefer specifics in your email over the phone* just ask for a confirmation email to be sent back to you and they'll send you one.
Remember they mail from Delware US so it may take more or less depending on location. Keep your hopes up
Nick
Vicarious

thedarius
x3tc

Good News!!!

Post by thedarius » Mon, 27. Mar 06, 23:25

So sometime next week I should be getting my copy to install!!!

Thanks for keeping us up to date Nick!

Funny thing, I talked to Paul 3 times this morning. Each time I called he picked up. The frist 2 times I called he was on a conference call. First call went like, Hi im Guy Fugatt and im calling about an issue with my new Purchase of X3. He said, 'can you please call me back in 10 min, i'm on a conference call." Sure thing. Gave him 15 just in case. he was still in the call, but he sounded appoligetic this time around. Then the third call, 20 Min after the 3rd, he confirmed everything in my email, and I thanked him for his time, and told him that I completely understand the reasoning for re packaging the CD's with the 1.3 patch. He ended the call by saying that he would see me later. While I do live in Las Vegas, everyone comes at least once I guess.

Laters.

Epicman
x3

Post by Epicman » Tue, 28. Mar 06, 17:29

Well, after reading a couple of replies on here last night I realized that on my first e-mail I didn't include any real useful information. Late last night I sent out another e-mail with all the information that they would need. 5 minutes ago I called expecting to get voicemail but Paul actually picked up. He had the e-mail in front of him and said they would be sending out the CDs today or tomorrow.

daytek
x3

stupit people

Post by daytek » Fri, 31. Mar 06, 17:33

I just got the game five days a go and i still have not hear a word from them i email them with the problem with the u.s 5 cd and the have not got back so what am i going to do and you would think to at thay would pull the broken copy of the game off the shelves. i got my copy at wallmart in kingston, ontario they had 5 of them on the shelves. so if some one know how to get new cd please tell me i hate wasting money for games that i cant play.

p.s. i dont have a phone so i cant call them

email me at

Sfortier3@cogeco.ca

thank you
Steve Fortier

mike9061
x3

having the 6 disc set and still recieving errors, maybe a work around

Post by mike9061 » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 07:41

i have the 6 disc set and i get errors from the 1st cd on (can't find dummy text) and etc after that. so what i tried was to make iso's of all the disc, this worked like a charm no errors at all a smooth install (altho a quit lengthy install) after i installed it i inserted the gamecd (for the proctection ) and i am having no problems playing the game, i know this is'nt a fix but it was my work around that seems to work. i have vers. 1.0 i am currently updating to 1.4 i hope this helps !!!!!!!!!!
comp is
win xp pro
2 gig ram
800 gigs hds
256 agp graphics card
nothing special about this comp
iso software i used for making the images was
alcohol 120%

quote: what do dead people say?
Nothing there dead

thedarius
x3tc

update.

Post by thedarius » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 09:31

Still have not received my new CD's. Hope they arrive tomorrow. That would be 5 buisness days.

MHall2626
x3

Post by MHall2626 » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 18:49

I just called and on the first time a guy named buddy picked up. I told him about the problem and he asked for my email and he did finish it for me so they are getting through. He said he would send one out TODAY and it should be about a week(5 business days). People, all I can say is keep trying. I called and first time had this solved in a matter of seconds, thats as long as they actually send it out. He even told me to call him when I get it to let him know it works. I am happy for now. I will post an update if I get the new disks, which I assume will be either april 8 or 10, so check back.

thedarius
x3tc

Post by thedarius » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 23:59

Thanks for the update!!! I hope they are at home today!!!

Achilles1967
x3

I don't know what they're smoking, but they better start freaking sharing

Post by Achilles1967 » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 02:13

:evil: :twisted: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Ok this sucks, saw the game on the shelf, looked cool. I haven't seen the demo or anything else.

This honestly sucks Sweaty Camel Nuts!!!! What kind of Tweedle Dink Snort Crap of a Company is this Enlight???? Sounds like they have been half ass, wait that's too much credit, quarter ass slapped this pile of Dino Dung in the box without any Quality Control.

And we don't even find out until after we register on the site to see the posts in the Forum. And they have known about this and other than getting people the correct CD in a week, have done nothing in the way of contacting the retailers and getting them the CD's to repackage them? I used to work in Software Retail and I know that it can be done, traking the lot numbers and such.

As to the problem, I tried to email and everything bounced both addresses. Tried to call; got VMX time and time and time again. Sorry guys, I spend my hard earned cash on some entertainment, and it should work out of the box, not have me call them to let them know I got stuck with their POS and need a new CD. The money was proably better spent on gas for the car than on this peice of whale crap.

I'm taking it back to the store, demanding my money back, showing all the prints of this forum and the page from Enlight acknowleding their incomptetence to the manager and recommending that they ship their entire shipment back for refund rather than pass the pain to the customer.

Don't get wrong, I willing to accept the occasional bug or glitch in the games and software I buy, but this is totally unacceptable to ship software that you know not to install correctly or even have any QA system to catch it. And then not to recall it to correct the packing errors, or at least square it with the retailers. Very unprofessional.

I mean come on guys, If you are going to give me a great big green X3 weenie in the ass, at least give me the common courtesy of a freaking reach around! Geez.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 03:15

Why are you posting this here? If you have something to say to the publishers, wouldn't it make more sense to post it on their site.

MHall2626
x3

Post by MHall2626 » Sat, 8. Apr 06, 23:21

Everyone, I got my new disks today and they installed like a charm. Now its just getting my computer up to date to run them. I must have gotten lucky, I called and on the first time i got through and sent them out that day. The email are getting through but I am not sure if they are doing anything about them. I would suggest that you call over and over until you get through. I am not happy that I had to wait this long to play it after I bought it, but atleast I have a working version now. I'm updating right now, I can't wait!!!!!!!

thedarius
x3tc

I got my CD's!!!!

Post by thedarius » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 19:39

Now I just need to sit down and install them. The first CD has the correct Label, so its should be all good.

Will post again with my results!

Wind195
x3

Unable to contact

Post by Wind195 » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 01:06

Having the 5 disk problem enlight so far has been unable to help me, I been trying to contact pglintense@aol.com and on the 4th day have not not a reply back. whats funny is enlightsupport told me that they did not have a CD exchange program and while i'm sure they may not know I'm sure a quick phone call would change that. and trying to phone enlight has proved useless. Is there anyway egosoft could help me? because if i can get this solved soon i will be forced to return and give up untill this problem is fixed (If ever)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 11:16

I'm not sure where that email address came from, but since it doesn't say "enlight" anywhere in it, are you sure you are actually emailing the right person? I'm also not sure what a "CD exchange program" is supposed to be. We are talking about faulty disks here; goods you have been sold which do not work. Under law they must be replaced. Perhaps you have not explained your problem well enough. Feel free to link anyone who denies all knowledge of this to the appropriate pages on the Enlight site and to this thread.

I'm afraid Egosoft cannot help, simply because they are not involved in any way in the disk reproduction. Egosoft do not even carry the US version in the Egosoft shop and therefore do not have copies of the disks.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”