Question sur la signature des script ???

Tout sur les scripts et les mods pour X², X³, X³TC et X³AP.

Moderator: Modérateurs pour les forum Français

KAHR-SIDIUS
x3tc

Question sur la signature des script ???

Post by KAHR-SIDIUS » Tue, 12. Oct 04, 21:49

Dite vous savez sous quelles conditions Egosoft signe des scripts developpés par des joueurs ???

@+
KAHR-SIDIUS

Salutations

The Fly
x4

Post by The Fly » Tue, 12. Oct 04, 23:00

Ladies and gentleman.
Dear teammates,

Have you heard the news: „ticaki and my humble person are the official contact persons for signing scripts."

You can get fame and honor now by getting your script signed. And – A german game magazine -- PC Action -- showed GREAT interest in publishing the signed scripts on their cover CD's

Now to the rules:

We will need scripts that will enrich X2.

Examples:

Scripts, to enhance the command menu structure.
Scripts, for better micro management. (scripts that will transfer money from the factory to the player account (or vica versa) and warn in case of an underflow.)
Better attack-scripts.
Better capture scripts.
Better gathering scripts.
Mining scripts,
Sector guards. Universe guards. Mercenary scripts.
Scripts, that simulate more life (in the X Universe).
Better trading and transport scripts.
Player HQ -- (but be serious and maybe people can work together here)
-- insert your fantastic idea here --
etc.

BUT:

We do NOT need scripts that will make X2 into a self-playable Demo. We want to enrich X2, not to dull it. Example: In the normal game, there will never be a standalone all-in-one factory manager ---- But even the all-in-one factory manager may have a chance (to be a signed script) --- It should only be possible to use this, if the player has a HUGE amount of ships/factories to manage. And if the script is -- as example -- only included in the player HQ extensions, which comes along (should be) with an very, very huge price tag!

And the other thing is: we don't want moneymaking machines as scripts. All things that make money should have a hefty, right price tag.

Here is the rule: Look at the factories. Check the time when you get your first Credits back from them. Use that as base for your thoughts.

And the next rule is: We are allowed to change critical things. BurnIt and I will make audits of the scripts. After we finish that we will discuss any needed or necessary changes with the author of the script. If he agrees and changes these discussed (open) points, then there will be no problem. Otherwise there will be no problem either, but no official signing.

Most of these are technical issues like:

Waits on the right places. (necessary, for the engine)

Use of existing scripts as „!Move.movetostation“, (makes sure, you reach your target)

The right checks "if THIS-> landed" is very nice – But be sure, you are in the right place and perhaps use the better command "If DOCKEDAT == $targetstation".

etc. depending on script.

Some others are:

Exploitable functions must be removed. Too strong settings of some values must be reduced.

-----------------------------

If the author agrees to that, and he agrees that we can publish his scripts, too, and if we can get an agreement about the things that should be changed, nothing more will hinder the signing.

People that are using a script of which they think, "Hey, this needs signing", they can contact us as well. Then we will contact the author. But we will only sign these scripts, if we can get the approval of the original author.

If you like to put your company name into the logbook, starting the script, please use a name that fits basically to X2. I have to use this rule for my own name, too. M'Kess – hm – maybe Split, I have to ask Helge about this.

Ok, that's it.

If you are not too scared by this rules and the fact, that BurnIt and I will look critical over your scripts, send in your scripts to us.

Oh, yes, I like documentations and/or readmes included (programs without Docs are only rumors)

And if you are able to use more than one language (for your script), you will see tears of pure joy in our eyes, if you send this to us – it spares us time (to translate).

Greetings Mike

P.S. Ah, one last point. Who do you think will give support for signed scripts? I will give you a hint: It's not your mother.

P.P.S. Please send the scripts to scripts@egosoft.com

*Edited for better clarity of content*
t'as tout compris ou il faut traduire ?
Sauvez les mouches !

KAHR-SIDIUS
x3tc

Post by KAHR-SIDIUS » Thu, 14. Oct 04, 08:22

J'ai compris la majorité à part certain petit detail....
And the other thing is: we don't want moneymaking machines as scripts. All things that make money should have a hefty, right price tag.
We do NOT need scripts that will make X2 into a self-playable Demo. We want to enrich X2, not to dull it. Example: In the normal game, there will never be a standalone all-in-one factory manager ---- But even the all-in-one factory manager may have a chance (to be a signed script) --- It should only be possible to use this, if the player has a HUGE amount of ships/factories to manage. And if the script is -- as example -- only included in the player HQ extensions, which comes along (should be) with an very, very huge price tag!
Use of existing scripts as „!Move.movetostation“, (makes sure, you reach your target)
If you are not too scared by this rules and the fact, that BurnIt and I will look critical over your scripts, send in your scripts to us.
P.S. Ah, one last point. Who do you think will give support for signed scripts? I will give you a hint: It's not your mother.
Je suis pas sur de la traduction que je m'en suis faite....

si tu peut expliqué, si cela ne te derange pas ou ne prend pas trop sur ton temps...

Merçi beaucoup

@+
KAHR-SIDIUS

Salutations

The Fly
x4

Post by The Fly » Thu, 30. Dec 04, 23:15

Toutes les script produisant de bénéfices , doivent avoir des coût élevé afin de garder une balance)
Le script permettant de gérer tout ou une trop grande partie du jeu ne sont pas accepté , car le but est que le joueur joue , par exemple un script permettant de gérer toutes ses fabriques automatiquement n'est pas désiré , le joueur doit occasionnellement réagir . Le but etant d'éviter d'avoir une démo autotournante.... éxeption faite pour les script du QG, qui doit arriver bientôt
L'utilisation de script existant tel que „!Move.movetostation“ doit comporter une verification , si l'objet à bien atteint le but désiré
si vous n'êtes pas dégo'uté par ses conditions et que vous n'ayez pas peur de regard critique que Burnit! et Tikaki auront sur votre script envoiez les nous ...
petit dernier point , à votre avis qui devra aider lors de l'amélioration ou de correction du script ? un petit indice ..... s'est pas votre maman ... !
Sauvez les mouches !

Return to “Script et Modding pour la Trilogie X”