Rogues Revenge, Ch 11 completed (4/8/03)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Fri, 1. Aug 03, 20:07

I wish he could get these stories published, i'd buy all three of em!

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Fri, 1. Aug 03, 22:45

Yeah, I'd buy them as well, if they were on audio. Even if I have got the text versions. Listening to Jaws just doesn't do the fighting seens justis.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Sat, 2. Aug 03, 09:23

Moss wrote:I wish he could get these stories published, i'd buy all three of em!
I wish so too but the possible English X series discussion with publishers petered out so I have to start something new and not in a copyright world.

boo! :x

It's a shame voice reader programs have no sense of pace and the dramatic so we could all have stuff read to us.

On the plus side of publishing, I've just begun reading a fantasy novel which is the first published work of the head of the creative writing department I'll be in. It's very good but nothing I feel I could not aspire to if I learn and apply the proper techniques.

Then of course there's other books I read that make me want to give up because they're so brilliant. :twisted: Bastards.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sat, 2. Aug 03, 09:46

SteveMill wrote: I wish so too but the possible English X series discussion with publishers petered out so I have to start something new and not in a copyright world.
you could always change all the locations and ship names, etc.. :D Trouble is you'd sort of need a database that provides background for outsiders. But then again, you would need that in any case, I suppose.

But whichever way, I'd buy it, too.

Adamskini
x3tc

Post by Adamskini » Sat, 2. Aug 03, 13:31

death and destruction on the way it seems

\o/
Aug 2000 -> March 2001 - Old Skool Egosoft Forum
March 2001 -> Nov 2002 - THQ forum
Nov 2002 -> now - Current, prettier Egosoft Forum

[anybody remember The Enforcers?!]

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Mon, 4. Aug 03, 15:53

Chapter completed below the --------------------------------

Steve

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Mon, 4. Aug 03, 16:04

Good stuff Steve. Just one thing, you've still go the "------" above the last section aswell so that when I searched for them I got confused.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Mon, 4. Aug 03, 16:11

Al wrote:Good stuff Steve. Just one thing, you've still go the "------" above the last section aswell so that when I searched for them I got confused.

Al
got it, thanks

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Mon, 4. Aug 03, 16:41

Good Stuff Steve, I thought the two TLs were going to colide at one point. love the way Coniston went from gleefully swatting Skull ships to outright panic :D and in front of Law too, very nice. This battle shook her up lost Law a few more ships and weakened Skulls forces a tad too, can't be bad eh?

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 4. Aug 03, 17:54

Excellent.

Good end to the chapter.

IO

Adamskini
x3tc

Post by Adamskini » Mon, 4. Aug 03, 19:31

death and destruction .... been and gone!

\o/
Aug 2000 -> March 2001 - Old Skool Egosoft Forum
March 2001 -> Nov 2002 - THQ forum
Nov 2002 -> now - Current, prettier Egosoft Forum

[anybody remember The Enforcers?!]

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Mon, 4. Aug 03, 23:22

Nice battle sequence there, very enjoyable.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Mon, 4. Aug 03, 23:58

Excellent read! Expensive little battle though. A Mamba and a pilot ... not good. It was a good exersice though. Once they are fully equipped with ships and missiles they actually may be able to jump right behind the Infiltrator into Station Prime and take out the LT's at the gate before they can re-activate them. Even more so as Max has got two Jumpdrives.

Well, there is heaps of potential for different scenarios :D

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Tue, 5. Aug 03, 00:18

A Good read again, though i'm wondering if the holiday will turn out as a 'holiday' for Max :)

Oldman :)

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Tue, 5. Aug 03, 10:02

KiwiNZ wrote:Excellent read! Expensive little battle though. A Mamba and a pilot ... not good. It was a good exersice though. Once they are fully equipped with ships and missiles they actually may be able to jump right behind the Infiltrator into Station Prime and take out the LT's at the gate before they can re-activate them. Even more so as Max has got two Jumpdrives.

Well, there is heaps of potential for different scenarios :D

Looking forward to the next chapter.
Using another's jumphole is an intruiging idea and one I've thought about but I concluded that as that didn't seem possible in XT then a ship must need a drive installed.

I have other possible solutions to the problem though. :wink:

Return to “Creative Universe”