Traders Tale II - Chapter 12 - shortened (30/07/03)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Mercenary
x3tc

Re: Traders Tale II - Chapter 12 - completed (29/07/03)

Post by Mercenary » Wed, 30. Jul 03, 09:10

Cheers Quetz& Morphit,

Corrected the motionless double..
Morphit wrote:
Mercenary wrote:The Devastator swung around and fired a series of concussion rounds as the wall behind as it gave way and the Sentinel now only a few metres away returned fire.

Its a bit mixed up here. I assume you meant ..rounds at the wall.. but it sounds a little rushed to me. Why is the Devastator firing at a collapsing wall? A few commas will help but it needs a bit of clarification of what is happening.
Nope the first "as the wall collapsed" is correct however the second "as" is a typo.

Morphit wrote: Other than that it was a good conclusion to the chapter. I think it ended a bit to quickly. Tor jumped from the butt of an attackers rifle to a bed on the ship, could have done with a break, e.g cutting to the scene in the office then coming back to Tor on the med ship. And overall I think it needed to be spread a bit thiner, even shifting the office scene into the next chapter. Personally I'd like to have more detail to the stories. but of course every one else is welcome to post their opinions.

(like, me being too critical here or I should save it for when I write something this good)
I did toy with the idea of ending the chapter at the point where Tor was rendered unconcious . It would have shortened the section a reasonable amount but I may do that in the master copy. In which case there's potential to slot in a few paragraphs as to the "mopping up" process prior to the arrival of the Vallient. :wink:

Any comments (providing they are constructive) are welcome.

Appreciated feedback. :)

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Wed, 30. Jul 03, 09:27

Moss wrote:Nice end to the chapter Merc, was an excellent battle well described, a shame about losing Pors that way, was a bit grim that.

A good end to the Devastator sentinal battle, I guess there will be a lot of questions about the Sentinal if word of it gets out.

Time for some cleaning and re-equiping now eh? and some extra security measures too! I'll bet Feran won't be well pleased at the outcome tho, hehe too bad :D I hope Tor can find some way to pay him back for all of this!

As KiwiNZ mentioned trying to keep the station personnel from mentioning the Sentinel is going to be tricky but getting the prisoners to keep quiet is a different problem. But a little bit of deception may be in order...

Keeping it hidden on the station will be much easier. Hand it a paintbrush and a tin of paint to do some decorating should do the trick :wink:

Yep I doubt visitors will be allowed on station for a while so there's time to carry out repairs and put in some additional security features...

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Wed, 30. Jul 03, 10:09

Boo! I was rooting for the other robot. :(

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Wed, 30. Jul 03, 10:22

SteveMill wrote:Boo! I was rooting for the other robot. :(
:lol:

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Wed, 30. Jul 03, 11:21

Nice one Merc. Glad to see that somehow they overcame the assualt troops. hopefully you'll clear up the missing bits in the next chapter :)

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Return to “Creative Universe”