Rogues Revenge, Chapter 10: Pt 3 & 4 28/7/03

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Fri, 25. Jul 03, 10:22

Adamskini wrote:ok, what just happened :?:

im tired and knackered from work so bare with me, but did he just buy all the factories? did i miss a nuance?

or did he just get them to agree to pay 10% of there factories price into a 'war fund'?

or what?

\o/
He just bought all the factories in the sector for 10% of the construction cost.

Reworded to make it clearer, thanks for the feedback - I was racing the go-to-work-clock finishing that up.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Fri, 25. Jul 03, 10:53

But you kind of ended before this actually happened. He offered to buy them and then all hell broke lose amongt the factory owners.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Fri, 25. Jul 03, 10:57

Next please!lol.

Looking forward to it
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Fri, 25. Jul 03, 11:01

Al wrote:But you kind of ended before this actually happened. He offered to buy them and then all hell broke lose amongt the factory owners.

Al
no - they were told to signal the deal by standing up. they all did.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Fri, 25. Jul 03, 12:15

ah must must have missed that bit in all the excitment. I'll go back and have another read of the last bit.

Al
X2 Capture Guide

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Fri, 25. Jul 03, 13:15

Ah it right there in the middle of the exciting bit. Guess I need to read more carefully. Perhaps if I go back to doing that I might also stop some corrections to be made ;)

Al
X2 Capture Guide

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Fri, 25. Jul 03, 13:50

Hehe, nice ending to part two there Steve I think Stanner got everything he deserved :D and now Max owns all the factories in this sector, cool :D

The countdown was great btw, and would have loved to have actualy seen the look on Stanners face :wink:

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Mon, 28. Jul 03, 11:14

New part posted.

As I mentioned to Kiwinz in a pm reply - from October I'll be back at University part-time doing creative writing at undergraduate level. The Head of Department has admitted me straight to Year 2 on the strength of the Rogue series.

I'm hoping to get a publishable fantasy novel out of it.

Steve

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Mon, 28. Jul 03, 11:49

Interesting Steve, sounds good. Now here comes some fast trading and credits.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Mon, 28. Jul 03, 12:35

SteveMill wrote:New part posted.

As I mentioned to Kiwinz in a pm reply - from October I'll be back at University part-time doing creative writing at undergraduate level. The Head of Department has admitted me straight to Year 2 on the strength of the Rogue series.

Steve

That's quite a step to be making :) Based on this work it should be a formality...

Just one potential spot:

"It wasn't enough to safe those..." - should be "save"?

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Mon, 28. Jul 03, 12:46

Mercenary wrote:

Steve

That's quite a step to be making :) Based on this work it should be a formality...

Just one potential spot:

"It wasn't enough to safe those..." - should be "save"?
Thanks - and thanks for the spot. Corrected it in the master, tried to correct it here but the size of the thread is causing submission problems.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Mon, 28. Jul 03, 13:32

Nice section. Looks like Max has a man to get his income sorted out while he's out playing.

is it not time Max was out for R&R or is he just about to go? Will be interesting to see what happens in his absence ;)

Al
X2 Capture Guide

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Mon, 28. Jul 03, 14:58

Steve
Wooohooo! You omitted some detail in your pm there. Congratulations! Saving one year in courses and fees makes this novel profitable already, ey? Great, good to hear!

As to the new part:

Great read. This was a good safe regarding the new character. Luckily his men trust him to an extremely high level by now. Interesting character. Still not sure myself if he is spying. But of course, he could just be a very benefitial addition to the team.

Looking forward to more.

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Mon, 28. Jul 03, 15:43

KiwiNZ wrote:

Steve
Interesting character. Still not sure myself if he is spying.
Who knows? :wink:

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Mon, 28. Jul 03, 16:25

Steve
congratulations m8. I think its defintely something worth doing considering the considerable talent you have shown in writing Rogues. :)

And who says you cant teach old dogs new tricks ;)

:lol:

Al
X2 Capture Guide

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Mon, 28. Jul 03, 16:39

Al wrote:

Steve
congratulations m8. I think its defintely something worth doing considering the considerable talent you have shown in writing Rogues. :)

And who says you cant teach old dogs new tricks ;)

:lol:

Al
Thanks Al, much appreciated as I've wrestled long with my cowardice over this. The thought of exposing something as personal as self-penned genre fiction to a bunch of literary and probably know-it-all nineteen years olds in workshops is more than a bit daunting but there are craft skills I need to pick up. Luckily the Head of Dept also writes fantasy fiction and he'll try and assemble a suitable seminar group.

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Mon, 28. Jul 03, 18:22

Chapter finished off with 1000 word addition.

steve

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Mon, 28. Jul 03, 18:28

Very nice. Like the descriptions as well

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Mon, 28. Jul 03, 18:39

Nice end although a little graphic of the death for my liking, but thats just personal preference. Nice to see that there is obviously some action ahead. Would never have guessed ;)

Al
X2 Capture Guide

Adamskini
x3tc

Post by Adamskini » Mon, 28. Jul 03, 19:57

keep them coming :)

\o/
Aug 2000 -> March 2001 - Old Skool Egosoft Forum
March 2001 -> Nov 2002 - THQ forum
Nov 2002 -> now - Current, prettier Egosoft Forum

[anybody remember The Enforcers?!]