Traders Tale II - chapter 10 completed (08/07/03)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Mon, 7. Jul 03, 22:28

Interesting stuff there merc
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Mon, 7. Jul 03, 23:15

Excellent read, Merc. There seems to be quite a bit tension building up. Interesting new sector, that must be a treasure chest for alien technology, old one but hey beggars can't be choosers :D
Looks like Feran is a step ahead at the moment, curious to see what the 'weapon' will be. You made no mentioning of it but I guess he knows by now that Tor has 'his' X-Shuttle?

Looking forward to the next installment!

found a couple of things

"with are Cattle Ranches" - as Moss noted: are=our?
"saw the make tremble" - make=man
"Sniad look visibly" - looked

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Tue, 8. Jul 03, 09:37

Moss wrote:So Feran is eager to get his revenge, I hope Tor and his people will be ready for him.

That must have been some battle in the new sector, but the fact that they are still in contact with Sweety seems odd, I thought she was out of touch with the ship for awhile :?
Next chapter they will get a chance to explore properly... :wink:

As for Sweety, it's a subtlety in the writing, when they are in direct contact I'll just be using "Sweety", when the link to the wall is broken you'll see that it's "Sweetys' voice" that does the talking. When Sweety copied her AI onto the chip in the technical pad she gave it her voice.

There will be a marked difference in the behaviour due to limitations in the ability of the chip itself, these will show through from time to time.

Cheers for the edits,

Corrected.

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Tue, 8. Jul 03, 09:47

KiwiNZ wrote: Looks like Feran is a step ahead at the moment, curious to see what the 'weapon' will be. You made no mentioning of it but I guess he knows by now that Tor has 'his' X-Shuttle?
And he's determined to get his revenge before Tor has properly established himself.

Ah yes, the "weapon" it's something that Tor will remember especially when he hears it... but that's probably too much of a clue.. :shock: :)

Edits made.. cheers

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Tue, 8. Jul 03, 10:33

Great stuff Merc. More please ;)

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Tue, 8. Jul 03, 10:48

Mercenary wrote:
Next chapter they will get a chance to explore properly... :wink:

As for Sweety, it's a subtlety in the writing, when they are in direct contact I'll just be using "Sweety", when the link to the wall is broken you'll see that it's "Sweetys' voice" that does the talking. When Sweety copied her AI onto the chip in the technical pad she gave it her voice.

There will be a marked difference in the behaviour due to limitations in the ability of the chip itself, these will show through from time to time.

Cheers for the edits,

Corrected.
Thanks for clearing up the Sweety comunication, i'll look out for it better in the future :)

If it's safe enough! in the new sector graveyard, it seems possible they may find some usefull info or technology, not that i'd have expected Creed or others to overlook such a possibility, but you never know eh?

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Tue, 8. Jul 03, 11:10

Great part and Ion Storms too. glad it's not just me who heavily plagiarises Trek. :wink: And i'm about to raise the bar considerably. :twisted:

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Tue, 8. Jul 03, 11:42

SteveMill wrote:Great part and Ion Storms too. glad it's not just me who heavily plagiarises Trek. :wink: And i'm about to raise the bar considerably. :twisted:

Nebula clouds are so much fun... :D ... Looking forward to the bar raising :wink: .. and within the next couple of chapters the action starts...

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Tue, 8. Jul 03, 11:47

Mercenary wrote:
SteveMill wrote:Great part and Ion Storms too. glad it's not just me who heavily plagiarises Trek. :wink: And i'm about to raise the bar considerably. :twisted:

Nebula clouds are so much fun... :D ... Looking forward to the bar raising :wink: .. and within the next couple of chapters the action starts...
Now will you two stop chatting and start posting the continuations of your respective stories?! No, there is no 'BUT', off you go :D

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Tue, 8. Jul 03, 11:54

KiwiNZ wrote: Now will you two stop chatting and start posting the continuations of your respective stories?! No, there is no 'BUT', off you go :D

Should finish pt 3. this evening (UK time) :P

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Tue, 8. Jul 03, 11:57

Mercenary wrote:
:rant: :tuichdoch: :rant: :headbang:

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Tue, 8. Jul 03, 12:01

KiwiNZ wrote:
Mercenary wrote:
:rant: :tuichdoch: :rant: :headbang:
Okay, okay, I get the picture... but I'm at work at the moment and the story is on my PC at home.. :(

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Tue, 8. Jul 03, 12:05

Mercenary wrote:
Okay, okay, I get the picture... but I'm at work at the moment and the story is on my PC at home.. :(
:lol:

never mind. It is always good to wake up and have something to look forward to. So I'll be happy reading it over breakfast :D

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Tue, 8. Jul 03, 16:33

KiwiNZ wrote:
Mercenary wrote:

Now will you two stop chatting and start posting the continuations of your respective stories?! No, there is no 'BUT', off you go :D
1200 words done so far but probably as much again to do. Was forced to do house type stuff this weekend. :cry:

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Tue, 8. Jul 03, 16:53

come on!lololol
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Adamskini
x3tc

Post by Adamskini » Tue, 8. Jul 03, 21:17

big fight on the way!

\o/
Aug 2000 -> March 2001 - Old Skool Egosoft Forum
March 2001 -> Nov 2002 - THQ forum
Nov 2002 -> now - Current, prettier Egosoft Forum

[anybody remember The Enforcers?!]

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Tue, 8. Jul 03, 21:19

Chapter completed after the ===========

And yep - the fighting is due to commence in about two chapters....

Merc.
8)

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 00:11

Some good descriptions of the station layout a functions, something that has to happen but never given a second thought when playing the game as it all happens instantly.

Strange to see Nyeshta leaving I was kind of under the impression she'd be close to Tor for most of the story.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 01:15

Excellent development! Mind you, to me she is not in The Wall yet. After all, she will see the inbound pirates and one way or another warn him ... or get shot :o And then there is still Creed somewhere in the unknown. So I guess we will see.
I too like the description of the station interior. Very nicely detailed.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

a couple of things:

"the number crates" number OF?
"He rinsed his mouth out and that helped clean away the feeling in his mouth." - 2x mouth
"Tor sat heavily in his chair and slumped against the desk and put his hands behind his desk." - the 'ands' and 'desks'
"but he could not deny that she was wrong on any point." - this is a hard one to swallow. I feel it turns out that she is wrong. Very complex, so not sure.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Wed, 9. Jul 03, 09:29

Lets just hope that she doesn't run into argon Intel.

Return to “Creative Universe”