Traders Tale II - Chapter 7 - completed - 15/06/03

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

crunn
x4

Post by crunn » Mon, 9. Jun 03, 19:12

You stopped writing again as I was getting enthralled. :o

Good stuff.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Mon, 9. Jun 03, 20:05

More! more! more!
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Mon, 9. Jun 03, 20:07

More! more! more!
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Mon, 9. Jun 03, 22:53

The Doctor wrote:More! more! more!
this is a very good summery of what a lot of people around here think, and as such has my full support :D

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Tue, 10. Jun 03, 09:06

Okay, okay... :)

Next part will be out this evening / tomorrow morning... 8)

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Tue, 10. Jun 03, 11:08

Sorry about that double reply folks, didn't know that happened.

Anyway, bump.

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Tue, 10. Jun 03, 21:04

2nd part now added...

Merc.
8)

General Morphit
x3

Post by General Morphit » Tue, 10. Jun 03, 23:27

Woot!

Nice work, but your just wetting my appitite for more now. Carrans just arrived on the scene and its stopped :o Not to put as fine a point as *some :roll: * of the others; I'm looking forward to the next bit!

Adamskini
x3tc

Post by Adamskini » Wed, 11. Jun 03, 01:04

\o/
Aug 2000 -> March 2001 - Old Skool Egosoft Forum
March 2001 -> Nov 2002 - THQ forum
Nov 2002 -> now - Current, prettier Egosoft Forum

[anybody remember The Enforcers?!]

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Wed, 11. Jun 03, 02:00

Excellent second part! I can imagine Caran Belign is more than unhappy to learn about this ship :D Wonder what exactly Sweety's agenda is regarding Nyeshta, though.

Looking forward to the next installment.

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Wed, 11. Jun 03, 07:45

Good character development and interactions, I like the element of self doubt creeping in.

Some minor grammar stuff highlighted in brackets.

“Which will leave me as the fall guy!” Tor chipped in sharply as he reflected on his part in this plan (and) did not like what he was hearing.

There was so much more she could do (then) before

offensive vessel but was designed with the continued existence of the Xenon in mind.

(It was) Capable of exiting the solar system and entering the vast emptiness of deep space, where it would never be found except by chance.

(At the disappearance of Nyeshta,) Tor had recovered from his initial shock and taken the pilot seat. (not sure how grammatical this is)

He retreated to the rear of the ship and started to look for a drink but found nothing (not sure that you can report he is starting something and note the outcome in the same short breath.)

Sorry Tor I had not simulated this situation arising.” Sweety commented apologetically. (you’ve begun making a grammatical error I had to search and replace two whole novels when I realised it for myself. Comma not a full stop at the end of the spoken bit.)

Feran had returned to his office having spent a few hours intimidating his employees by glaring at them thoughtfully as he inspected the station. He now scanned through the report handed to him by one of the stations communications staff. (nothing wrong with it, just liked it, made me laugh!)

“What (,) other than to upset me?”

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Wed, 11. Jun 03, 09:40

Cheers all,

Thanks Steve, I'll go through and correct.

I'll certainly keep in mind the comma at the end of speech. :)

Fear
x3tc

Post by Fear » Wed, 11. Jun 03, 09:52

Merc sure is the expert of the clifhanger. I need to refrain myself from shooting him everytime his part ends. I can shoot him and satisfy my revenge for him making me wait in anticipation for the nextpart. but if I'd shoot him I never get the read the end. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Type Faster plz
Fear
--------
"Black holes suck"

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Wed, 11. Jun 03, 10:05

Fear wrote:Merc sure is the expert of the clifhanger. I need to refrain myself from shooting him everytime his part ends. I can shoot him and satisfy my revenge for him making me wait in anticipation for the nextpart. but if I'd shoot him I never get the read the end. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Type Faster plz

:lol: I'll try my best. I just have to make the time... :roll:

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Wed, 11. Jun 03, 10:30

Nice read merc. More please ;)

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Fri, 13. Jun 03, 11:50

Very interesting part two Merc, when Sweety first said this ship suited her purposes, I began to wonder what they might be then later she said she'd been in contact with the Xenon AI, I was begining to suspect Sweety as an AI might end up wanting to be with them! later tho while she was talking to and teaching Tor I lost that feeling, but i'm still left wondering just what Sweety is up to! and why this particular ship! will Sweety want to have herself installed in a ship, shes more than cabable of handling one, and would then not need biological entities as much as she currently does, just a backup mechanic perhaps on occaision. Will we eventualy find out what motivates her?

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Fri, 13. Jun 03, 14:00

Perhaps she likes Tor, and wants the body of what's her name? imagine an AI inhabbiting a human body?

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Sat, 14. Jun 03, 03:07

The Doctor wrote:Perhaps she likes Tor, and wants the body of what's her name? imagine an AI inhabbiting a human body?
Been having similar thoughts here Doc, after all the alien in Traders Tale transfered itself into a new biological body didn't it, and Sweety got (at least) some knowledge from that brief contact and does seem to have a strong regard for Tor !

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sat, 14. Jun 03, 03:13

Intriguing thought indeed! Sweety could well still contain remains of that self-preservation function of 'the mind'. And as it is not as prominent because Sweety shut herself down the alien AI could only be able to make use of some of Sweety's capabilities and not override her.

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Sat, 14. Jun 03, 20:05

KiwiNZ wrote:Intriguing thought indeed! Sweety could well still contain remains of that self-preservation function of 'the mind'. And as it is not as prominent because Sweety shut herself down the alien AI could only be able to make use of some of Sweety's capabilities and not override her.
Intreguing ideas all around. As to how close they are I will avoid the temptation to comment... :P

Return to “Creative Universe”