Rogues Resurgence Ch 18.

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Thu, 20. Mar 03, 17:07

Well thats something to look forward too (seeing as work could be very very bad by the time I return....)

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Thu, 20. Mar 03, 17:11

Al wrote:Well thats something to look forward too (seeing as work could be very very bad by the time I return....)

Al
Tell me about it :cry:

Extremely pissed off ATM cos my boss would not let me take a holiday day to take part in anti-war protests. Next time i'll know not to ask and just be sick.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Thu, 20. Mar 03, 17:23

Unfortunately our situation is a little more serious than getting a day off. Could be the first step to permanent days off. One of our biggest customers has given us a deadline that we have to meet, and have everything 100% working. And I wont be here to help make sure the bit I've been working with, is ok. Not a good time and might be here all night.

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Thu, 20. Mar 03, 17:26

Al wrote:Unfortunately our situation is a little more serious than getting a day off. Could be the first step to permanent days off. One of our biggest customers has given us a deadline that we have to meet, and have everything 100% working. And I wont be here to help make sure the bit I've been working with, is ok. Not a good time and might be here all night.

Al
Bugger. Something to prey on your holiday mind. i just expected a little more consideration of issues of conscience as i work for a University but there you go.

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Thu, 20. Mar 03, 23:43

Oh boy, sooner Max than me! one thing I never expected to see in this story was a helecopter, hehe, the next part of this is going to be very intense, especialy as the lights will prolly be out for the landing, i'm really wondering how he's going to get out afterwards tho! Hope to find out soon :)

Great read again Steve.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Fri, 21. Mar 03, 05:48

Excellent read, Steve. Now there is tension! :D You are an everlasting source of surprises :lol:

I think I found a typo

"On cue the copter broke threw into the storm’s eye "

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Fri, 21. Mar 03, 05:52

Moss wrote:Oh boy, sooner Max than me! one thing I never expected to see in this story was a helecopter
tell me about it. I did a heli ride a few years back up the slopes of an erupting volcano with next to zero visibility and strong winds ... my stomach was open for suggestions, too :lol:

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Fri, 21. Mar 03, 06:43

Thanks for something interesting to read at half five in the morning....."Black bird I'll 'ave 'e!"....(our feathered friends woke me up!).

Good read again Steve :D

Oldman :)

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Fri, 21. Mar 03, 11:18

KiwiNZ wrote:Excellent read, Steve. Now there is tension! :D You are an everlasting source of surprises :lol:

I think I found a typo

"On cue the copter broke threw into the storm’s eye "

I aim to surprise and please. I also aim to spell correctly, thanks for the good call. :cry:

Adamskini
x3tc

Post by Adamskini » Fri, 21. Mar 03, 13:06

hope he has the union jack or similar flag design on the parachute :)

\o/
Aug 2000 -> March 2001 - Old Skool Egosoft Forum
March 2001 -> Nov 2002 - THQ forum
Nov 2002 -> now - Current, prettier Egosoft Forum

[anybody remember The Enforcers?!]

Faze
x2

Post by Faze » Sat, 22. Mar 03, 00:07

Yea Haw I love Skydiving.

:p
No point in running.
You will just DIE tired!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak !

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Sat, 22. Mar 03, 02:11

Yeah but would you skydive in the eye of a storm out of a helicopter where the downdraft would mess up the opening of the parachute....

Will take a fair bit of free fall to clear the turbulance...

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sat, 22. Mar 03, 02:21

Adamskini wrote:hope he has the union jack or similar flag design on the parachute :)

\o/
:lol:

reminds me abit of XXX and his rediculous chute at the end of the movie :lol:

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Sat, 22. Mar 03, 08:31

Mercenary wrote:Yeah but would you skydive in the eye of a storm out of a helicopter where the downdraft would mess up the opening of the parachute....

As Jack said to Max, he's to pull the chute at low altitude to avoid detection.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sat, 22. Mar 03, 09:00

SteveMill wrote: As Jack said to Max, he's to pull the chute at low altitude to avoid detection.
yes, that'd better be a fast enflating and huge chute with only 100m to go :D

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Sat, 22. Mar 03, 18:47

KiwiNZ wrote:
SteveMill wrote: As Jack said to Max, he's to pull the chute at low altitude to avoid detection.
yes, that'd better be a fast enflating and huge chute with only 100m to go :D
I checked, 300 feet is possible for an emergency deployment. Hard landing though.

Faze
x2

Post by Faze » Sat, 22. Mar 03, 19:29

Mercenary wrote:Yeah but would you skydive in the eye of a storm out of a helicopter where the downdraft would mess up the opening of the parachute....

Having made over 2500 parachute jumps, I think I can say that the downdraft from a helicopter is negligable.(spelling)

And yes I have skydived through a storm cloud.

No point in running.
You will just DIE tired!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak !

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Sat, 22. Mar 03, 20:08

Faze wrote:

Having made over 2500 parachute jumps, I think I can say that the downdraft from a helicopter is negligable.(spelling)

I'm impressed.. I'm taking it you've jumped from a helicotper as I always assumed that it's the downdraft that kept the thing airbourne... :)

As I read it I assumed that the eye of the storm meant it was more akin to a hurricane type storm rather than a thunder and heavy rain type storm..

Ho hum...

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Sun, 23. Mar 03, 08:28

Faze wrote: Having made over 2500 parachute jumps, I think I can say that the downdraft from a helicopter is negligable.(spelling)

:o :o :o ....B****y 'ell....
I get vertigo just going up a 16 foot ladder to clean me guttering! :D
Though I did wear a parachute once or twice in a 'chipmunk'...but that was as near as I got, Lol....

Oldman :)

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Mon, 24. Mar 03, 10:28

Mercenary wrote:
As I read it I assumed that the eye of the storm meant it was more akin to a hurricane type storm rather than a thunder and heavy rain type storm..

Ho hum...
Yes, something like that. It being a different planet with two suns i'm sure it has all sorts ofweird weather.

Return to “Creative Universe”