Possible New DiD Idea - Want to give me a hand?

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

BankruptAssasin
xr

Possible New DiD Idea - Want to give me a hand?

Post by BankruptAssasin » Mon, 27. Jan 14, 13:19

I have had two DiD that i never completed - Corrupt Saves and time being the main issue, I would like to finish at least 1 so this is my Idea/rules

This is for AP but i have the TC Plots Enabled plus a few other mods

•Conditional DiD - Gates crashes, Autopilot Stupidness, Bugs/Glithces or my own stupity - eg fighting a swarm of Xenon in a discoverer

•Game start Anonymous Argon - Maybe Something Else - maybe you can help with this? I really like my namesake BankruptAssassin

•Only Military ships to have Jumpdrive Technology - TM - M1
Repairs to personal ship only and only if it’s M3 or smaller. Anything else gets paid for.

•No Space fuel/weed Complexes- Am able to use Squash Mines, buy & sell space fuel/weed etc but i don't own the factories

•Be self sufficient – Missiles/Guns/Shields etc when able but no massive complexes – single/double stations supplying each other via trading

•Must keep surrounding AI stations supplied & ticking over

•Xenon/Khaak are major enemies – this will be extended to include Paranid latter

•Must not personally fly Paranid/Terron/Split ships unless plot related – and I cannot jump from M5 to M1 I can buy/board/find them but I just cant fly them – I must own 1 kind of every class of ship before I upgrade E.G Discover – Buster – Nova – Centaur – Cerberus etc

•I’m no Han Solo I like wings & a fleet – these will hopefully do a lot of the work until then Swarm Missiles will have to do.

Overall Aims

To complete the plots - except the hub - this is a bit unrealistic considering i don't want huge complexes.

I also want to control Paranid Prime & Xenon Xenon Sector 347 - If i hold these sectors for 3 in game days i will end the story

I want a fleet - at least 1 of each ship - Once this is complete i will end the story if i even get that far

Would anyone be Interested in this? I like those threads that have hundreds of comments/followers, if you are reading and enjoying or even if your not let me know, constructive criticism is very much wanted.

If you have an idea then give me a shout, i am open to ideas for a story line

I do aim to update often - obviously depends on RL stuff. [/b]
X3TC - Awesome
AP - Just started playing - Looks impressive
don't play Reunion - Too old
Rebirth - we all know the problems here

We're All dying from the moment we are Born.

Song Of Obsidian
x3ap

Post by Song Of Obsidian » Mon, 27. Jan 14, 18:22

Some very interesting stuff in there. No jump drives on traders caught my eye, especially since I assume it also applies to TLs. It can be fun to simply hire them instead of owning them though.

You could really take this in multiple directions. You've set it up for a potentially trade-heavy story, really, which you could do all sorts of fun things with. Especially if it's a cover for your other activities :P

Seeing how you merge the trade bit with the 'major enemies' will be the clincher. But I say go for it.

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Mon, 27. Jan 14, 20:13

Thanks,

I think i have decided that i will use the pirate starts mod and be a Yaki - this way i will be natural enemies with the Paranid and have to work hard for the rest of the Races.

I will also get the chance to help the Yaki economy & off course access to IBLs :D

Going to have a couple test runs to see how it goes before starting.
X3TC - Awesome

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Tue, 28. Jan 14, 10:52

1st test - Well i have tried the Yaki Story - All has went well, really enjoyed playing it last night, had a lot of luck in abandoned ships - even found a demeter with a lasertower onboard, first time i have ever seen that, i also done a lot of missions for Terracorp, but in the end i done something silly, i went after a pirate, he left his ship for me a falcon :D but i did not pay attention to the jump gate, 3-4 falcons and a handful of m5's going at me, i have no missile defence, had run out of mosquittos and got my ass kicked, but i really enjoyed it, so i think i will have another few goes as the yaki and see where it takes me.
X3TC - Awesome

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 10:38

Well my 2nd attempt at the Yaki start has been fun, I think if i last until Sunday/Monday then i think i will begin, Still not 100% sure on the self imposed rules, i have stuck to a couple of things but feel i need some more.

Any ideas on the kind of thing i should limit? This is what I have done so far.

No Jumpdrive on ships unless its Capital - TM/TL/M1/M2/M6/M7/M7M

Dislike for the Paranid - Will be friendly with them if needs be for Plots but will target them when he feels like it.

Can Fly any ship - Any paranoid must be Capped/Claimed/Boarded

Will accept any mission as long as he is paid what he feels he deserves even if it effects his relationship with his allies.

Limited personal combat (until get 1st M6) & will not risk his life unless the benefits out way the risks.

Must help the local Economy - either by Stations/CLS.

I will have 3 Conditional Lives - I will not count Bugs/Auto pillock and gate crashes for example as lives, and i do have a problem with losing concentration and just throwing my head up and taking on a Deimos in a Dolphin for example - if this happens i will tell you and it will be a Dream. The lives will be lost if i lose a battle & die, after the 3rd time i will be dead for good.

The General Story will be of a young man born to Yaki parents who is trying to make his name, not by "complete" Piracy but by trading his way through life and helping those who need his help - Think of him as Hired muscle with a Brain, he will have traders, he will have stations, he will help the local economy (especially the Yaki) and he will take contracts to build, buy, kill and deliver. Being a Yaki he will plunder for things he needs that he cannot buy, he will take risks to gain an advantage but will not risk his own life, that's what Marines are for, that's why he will hire protection.

What do you think?
X3TC - Awesome

rfur72
xr

Post by rfur72 » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 23:40

Hi

I really like your idea. I'd be keen to follow it and offer any assistance I can.

I certainly like the idea of trading being a major part in the story, although finding that one elusive trade opportunity to make your millions could be difficult.

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Fri, 31. Jan 14, 09:59

Thanks rfur72

I hope to have trading as one of the mainstays in the story - but i do get distracted lol.

I'm still alive so will play again today and if I'm alive expect the start of the story on Monday followed by an imminent and expected death!!!!
X3TC - Awesome

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Mon, 3. Feb 14, 14:08

Well i should have the first chapter up this evening, i am hoping you all like it and please if you like it comment and if you don't let me know how i can change it.
X3TC - Awesome

Return to “Creative Universe”