Ultimate redemption - part 2

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

totallydude
xr

Ultimate redemption - part 2

Post by totallydude » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 21:20

Here's part 2! Enjoy. C&C is welcome!

Right after saying this, the ship stops at the designated position, and he looks around in shock, to discover that every single space station in the area he’s in has been completely destroyed. He only sees a couple of ships flying around. He answers another incoming hail. ‘Suta of the Eragon here’
‘Suta, this is the captain of battleship Resonance. This area has been declared a battle zone. Please proceed to the nearest safe area.’ A man replies, clearly wearing the uniform fit for a captain.
‘Understood. However, I don’t see any place where I can possibly dock.’ Suta replies.
‘You can dock aboard our ship.’
‘Thank you.’ Suta replies. He quickly sets the autopilot for the docking procedure, and docks aboard the battleship. As he leaves the ship, he notices the captain approaching him with two bodyguards.
‘Welcome aboard Suta. May I ask you where you’re from?’
‘Sure’ Suta sighed. ‘I came from Cladion 7. I managed to escape when the station got destroyed.’
‘That station as well?’ the captain replies, visibly shocked by the news.
Suta slowly nods his head.
‘Damn’ the captain mutters. ‘This isn’t good.’ He looks at Suta ‘please follow me.’
Again, Suta nods, and the groups walks to an elevator down the hallway of the docking area. In silence, they get into an elevator, and quickly move up towards the bridge. As they walk to the bridge, they pass a dimly lit hallway, in which the walls and ceiling are grey, and the floor is white. There are red markings on the floor with numbers on it which doesn’t make any sense to him. They halt at a door, which opens after 2 seconds, so they can enter the bridge. As Suta enters, he notices a big holopad in the center of the area, which displays a map of the sector the ship is in. As he looks around for a moment, he notices several people working in front of different displays. As he turns to look at the captain, he notices that a big man, roughly in his 40’s, is standing in front of the captain. After a quick talk between the both of them, the commander walks over to Suta, and greets him.
‘I’m commander Bale. I’ve heard you’re the only survivor of the Cladion 7 destruction?’
‘That’s right’ Suta replies.
The commander nods, then turns to the captain. ‘Hagmann.’
‘Yes sir?’
‘Call for a standby alert. We’re at war.’
‘Isn’t that a bit early to decide sir?’ Hagmann replies.
The captain looks at him for a brief moment. ‘Does this look like the work of pirates to you, Hagmann?’
‘No sir, but we don’t know anything. Shouldn’t we leave declarations of war to the President?’
The commander smirks for a moment, then replies: ‘We don’t have the luxury to do that. Right now, we need to defend this sector at all cost.’
‘Roger sir.’
Immediately, the captain walks off, and just moments later, an alarm goes off. Bale turns to Suta, and looks at him for a brief moment.
‘I don’t know how or what. I hope you can give us some information tomorrow. Right now, you need some sleep.’
Suta nods, suddenly feeling exhausted, as commander Bale turns to one of the petty officers, and orders him to guide Suta to an available sleeping quarter.
Suta nods, follows the petty officer, and quickly arrives at the quarter. The officer salutes and heads back to his duty. Suta walks into the small room, with only a desk, and a bed inside it. He lays himself down, and quickly falls into a restless sleep.
A few hours later, Suta wakes up by the sound of an alarm. As he opens his quarter’s door, he notices marines running back and forth, all getting to their stations. He dresses himself, and still half asleep, walks over to the bridge. As he enters the bridge, he notices the captain and commander looking at the holopad.
‘What’s going on?’ he asks them, still drowsy. Hagmann only turns his head, and replies:
‘Nothing you need to worry about. A small group of unknown vessels have attacked our fighters, but they’re on the run now.’ He chuckles for a bit, then continues ‘they’re outmatched, and outclassed.’
‘Really?’ Suta responds curiously, as he walks over to the holopad. ‘What kind of ships are these?’
‘They don’t appear in our database. But it doesn’t matter. We’ve got them on the run.’ Hagmann replies, fully confident.
Suta takes a closer look at the image the holopad projects. ‘These ships are moving really fast. Could you send someone out and scan one of these ships for at least some basic information?’
Hagmann begins to laugh. ‘Way ahead of you. We should receive information about that ship in a couple of minutes.’ Hagmann looks at Suta curiously for a moment. ‘you seem familiar. Have we met?’ he asks him.
‘No, we didn’t.’ Suta replies, starting to feel at unease by that question, as the captain continues to look at him inquisitively.
‘Hmm, I’m sure I know you from somewhere.’ Hagmann pauses to think for a brief moment. ‘Ah, I got it! You’re Suta Kawagashi aren’t you?’
‘Erm, yes I am. Why do you ask?’ Suta replies with growing unease, cautiously looking at the captain.
Suddenly, the captain starts to laugh. ‘That explains your curiosity for the inbound ships! You were part of the naval forces 20 years ago!’
Suta sighs in relief. ‘Yes, that’s right.’
‘And if I remember correctly… ‘ Hagmann continues ‘you were the one who single handedly saved the sector Severed Plains from destruction!’
Suta chuckles for a bit, then replies: ‘It was nothing sir.
‘Nothing?’ Hagmann replies with curiosity. ‘You single handedly destroyed all the enemy forces. We were greatly outnumbered, and you not only turned the tide in that battle, but made these machines break and run for it!’
‘Well… if you put it that way…’
Hagmann starts laughing again. ‘We could definitely use a man like you. Your skills are worth a hundred pilots.’
‘I haven’t been in a battle for 20 years now, sir. I’m sure that there are young pilots out there who are more skilled than I am.’
‘If there are, they’re not aboard this ship. I can tell you that’ Hagmann replies, with slight sadness in his voice. ‘These men are willing, but their skills are just lacking. For that reason, we have 24/7 recruiting agencies in every sector. Too many pilots die. And replacing them is getting tougher and tougher.
Suta looks at Hagmann with growing curiosity. ‘How come?’
Hagmann sits down, and looks at the holopad. ‘We’ve sent out all our men to defend this sector. Only 30 percent of them made it back. And this was just against a small enemy force. I’m certain..’ he looks up at Suta again ‘you would’ve dealt with them. All of the enemy forces. It really is a shame you left the navy. You cut our losses down by 90 percent.’
‘I see’ Suta replies, not knowing what to say.
‘Listen. I know why you left the Navy in the first place. And I have to admit, I’m not proud that it happened either. I’ll leave it up to you if you want to help us out or not.’
‘Thanks. I’ll… I’ll think about it.’
‘Thank you Suta. You’ll be doing us a great favor by coming to our aid.’
‘I’m not making any promises.’ As Suta turns to leave the bridge, a message comes in. Hagmann answers the hail with a push of a button. Immediately, a stressed out voice begins to shout through the comms channel.
‘Sir, we have a major problem!’ the voice shouts, right before the comms channel is severed, and a ship disappears of the nav map

Return to “Creative Universe”