X:/tg/

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

What do you think about a fan-made X Universe tabletop game?

A wargame would be cool.
17%
An RPG would be cool.
No votes
I'd play both.
33%
I'd help develop one or both.
17%
What sort of madman still plays games with paper and dice?
33%

Total votes: 6

Durendal5150
xr

X:/tg/

Post by Durendal5150 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 18:52

I may or may not have a compulsive condition that demands I adapt things I enjoy into tabletop games. Some time ago, X was on that list, but I didn't get especially far with it. The recent release has gotten me thinking about that once again, and I've been considering the possibility of hashing out the material for a few games.

First up is a module for Mongoose Publishing's wonderful "A Call to Arms" fleet action system. I don't really recall the thought processes that went into the work I'd done on it, but what is done I have stored here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... lWGc#gid=0

Once I do a little research and remember how it was supposed to work, I'll explain in more detail ^^:

Secondarily; I think the X Universe, with some poking and prodding, could make an excellent setting for a good ol' pen and paper RPG. Though in what system and to what degree, I dunno. I'm familiar enough with D20 to do that in a flash; but I have a feeling that wouldn't be the most useful system. (Though the space combat rules once published for Starwars D20 were actually fairly good.)

I suppose it's even possible the wargame ruleset could be used for "OOS" combat or especially large engagements in the RPG, now that I think about it.

So, does anyone share my enthusiasm for something like this?

Durendal5150
xr

Post by Durendal5150 » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 19:26

Quick update. Here's a link to a file with the actual documentation in progress for the ACTA mod. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rnt ... 7Uhk/edit#

If anyone has a collection of backgroundless top-down images of vessels that could be implemented as tokens; that would be greatly appreciated.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 17. Jan 14, 01:12

Now a "WARHAMMER" like game ,with actual models of the ships , stations and lore characters would be a great collectors item for fans.

Durendal5150
xr

Post by Durendal5150 » Fri, 17. Jan 14, 04:38

TTD wrote:Now a "WARHAMMER" like game ,with actual models of the ships , stations and lore characters would be a great collectors item for fans.
That it would. Might be easy to take the models from the game assets and print them up with a #d printer if anybody had one.

In the meantime I've sorta drifted from this since nobody really replied...though I see now at least one person might have been interested in helping. Well, PM me if that's still the case, whoever voted that. :P

Return to “Creative Universe”