DiD - Explorer to Hero TC (Prematurely Ended)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Song Of Obsidian
x3ap

Post by Song Of Obsidian » Wed, 26. Jun 13, 23:31

I claim innocence of all charges of foul play in regards to your laptop.

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Wed, 26. Jun 13, 23:39

:D
X3TC - Awesome
AP - Just started playing - Looks impressive
don't play Reunion - Too old
Rebirth - we all know the problems here

We're All dying from the moment we are Born.

Poseidon
x3tc

Post by Poseidon » Wed, 26. Jun 13, 23:51

BankruptAssasin wrote::( mine is in TC so i dunno if tht affects ur game.
Ahh. No, I can read TC, just not AP. :-p

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 18:33

11. Pirate Bay Rules

Not much happening in the world of Home of Light, except another return ship mission, this time it's a Peregrine Bomber, still struggling to arm and shield the Viper "Tag Ur It" I decide I want to keep this one because what’s better than having 1 nuclear chucking ship? More than 1. A quick claim and transfer of Jump drive from the Pelican and the Peregrine is safely aboard the Shipyard in Ianamus Zura beside his brother. Off course the argon are not too happy about this and report the ship stolen to the Police.

I dock in the Pelican and order him to drop me off in Two Grand, I want to start stocking Missiles and Ammo and shields when I can. I even managed to buy 2 second-hand Dolphin Haulers "Ammo Boat" & "Boom Boom" these are in a bad way, only something like 30% hull on the 2 of them, but they will be docked up the entire time at a solar power plant. Why a solar power plant of all places you ask?

Well I have my Jump drive ships jumping around the area collecting the goodies I want, then jumping back to unload them once they full, so I may as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone as they are going to run out of E-cells at some point and it may as well be when they dropping of the goods. Simples.

Another grind later and I get a Return my Heavy Centaur mission - I have spent a lot of money training up my marines, only buying good fighters as I hope to keep them for as long as possible this time after spending so much on training. I jump to the area, the Plan is to get the express as close as possible then send in 10 marines, and it goes something like this....

- Connection made
- Cutting Hull
- Fighting,
- Deck 1 cleared - 1 Marine Lost
- Deck 2 Cleared
- Deck 3 Cleared 2 Marines down

It's at this point I start to panic, 3 Marines down, 2 more to go,

- Hacking
- Ship Computer Transferred

Woohoo - My first Capital ship and my god isn't she a beauty.

I get a message - transfer ship back to Omicron Lyrae - Ha Yeah right; you’re not getting this baby back. Another Jump drive transferred along with E-cells and the Heavy Centaur is sent to PTNI shipyard to await repairs - Which is going to be quite costly - 58% Hull = too damn much to repair = too many hours grinding it out but needs must and I really need to be in a capital ship.

This is two ships I have stole in a matter of hours from the Argons, as you can expect I lost some rep and my license, but still level 8 so won’t be too long before I increase that again. I fly back to PTNI and check out the ship, it needs

- 4 x 200mj Shields - Check
- 6 x Cigs - Half Check
- PRGs for Turrets - Check
- Plus upgrades for speed etc - Can’t move from shipyard, the Rozzers are looking me
- Oh and needs its hull repaired - Not even close to a check

So all in all a great day for us so far, an extra Bomber and a good M6, plenty of jump drives, plenty of ammo, plenty of guns, but now it’s time for some more grinding so I can repair that ship and get out of this Kestrel.

Quick Tip - Honestly, if you have the money and ships, buy as much Jump drives as possible - the way I did it by using a wing docked in my Pelican saved me loads of time and effort and I was able to quickly move a Bomber and M6 to safety.

A long time later and over 10 million credits later I am sitting in my New Heavy Centaur - Completely fixed and upgraded. The Xenon helped sort out the SINGLE police discoverer for me so I’m still put down as harmless, why kill if you can get something else to do it?

It's at this time I get a message from home, I have been asked to return to Uranus and speak to a Lt. Plinther regarding some Xenon attacks, I guess they have been watching me or something and found out about the Xenon fleets following me everywhere, maybe they want to debrief me. I speak to S'hot T'sht about the message, he wanted to come along as part of my wing, but I wasn't 100% sure that the Terran Military would look to kindly at a Pirate coming into their sector, so I suggested that he look after the bombing section of our fleet and try to source some tomahawks - I haven't seen that J or his followers about anywhere for a while but I’m sure I will need these soon, it's suffice to say that he was not best pleased with being a transporter and I think he is looking to jump ship, I may have to do something to persuade him to stay but for now I’m being brought back to Uranus about the Xenon I have a bad feeling things are about to get nasty.

As it turns out, Jump drives are useless in Terran space, I think that is probably a safety issue on the part of my people but it is frustrating as hell crossing their sectors in a Heavy Centaur at 115m/s top speed, it's fast enough for my purposes in and around Commonwealth space, even coming from a Rocket ship like the Kestrel, but the Terran sectors are huge. The only thing to do now is open a bottle of whiskey and finish of Nuclear Slugs Books - I managed to Track down Vol 1 & 2 while in Yaki Space - I don't know how they got them but I can guess, and with that it's time to put the feet up and relax for a load of hours and think to myself, being a Pirate can be very rewarding.

Assets

1x Heavy Centaur
4x Falcons
1x Mamba
1x Perseus
1xNova
1xBaracuda
2x Pelican "Mother" & “First Blood”
2x Dolphin Haulers “Ammo Boat” & “Boom Boom”

Some TS Ships – For Nostrop station
Some Kestrels for Recon/Sats
X3TC - Awesome

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 22:52

12. Sometimes the Little guy makes it BIG!!

Eventually I reach Uranus and speak to Plinter, he wants us to do a small patrol around here for a while, and he didn't even mention anything about my Xenon problems. As it turns out, he has got his own problems, he gets an urgent message that the Sol System is under attack from Xenon forces, I don't understand how they got in this far, especially with the amount of Terran Military from the Asteroid belt up to here, and Jump Drives are next to useless around here.

We are ordered to find, scan and destroy a Xenon jump beacon, now how that did that get there? The Heavy Centaur makes good work of mopping up the Xenon fighters and with the Beacon scanned and destroyed all seems well again, just a little more confusing. And thanks to my little battle I’m not ranked a Nuisance - Having turrets do the work for me is just what I needed.

Just as I’m congratulating myself, Plinter orders me to the Oort Cloud way out west, going full throttle and even in Seta takes a while to get there, i've to wait for some kind of message Drone, this takes a good while to happen but eventually it comes through the gate, I tag along with it to it's destinantion, but it goes 3 times my speed so I lose sight quickly, but I head in its general direction and see a familiar ship up ahead, an Argon Nova which proceeds to jump out before I can get to it. Plinter Comms me and tells me to patrol a few more sectors, a couple more Xenon attacks in Pluto & Neptune before making my way down to Saturn Research Station for debriefing, I guess they do want to know about my Xenon problems after all.

A few hours later the Terrans let me leave the Saturn research station, they were very keen to find out how I was doing in the commonwealth and how many Xenon I had run into, I proceeded to explain that the Xenon problem is worst than we first thought and that they regularly go on Migrations destroying everything in their path, including taking out my 3 million investment, and then following me everywhere I go, this did not go down to well and I was blamed for bringing the Xenon back into Terran space, luckily Plinter stepped in and vouched for my innocence and that it was me that helped eradicate the Xenon forces and the problem had started before I arrived back in Uranus.

I decide I have had enough of Terran space for a while - moving this slow in these sectors has frustrated me, I have waited all this time to get a combat capable ship only to have it be so slow, plus my funds are running very low due the amount of training my marines have been taking lately, I now have a "Elite Seal" team that have been picked due to 3* fighting and all other skills trained heavily with at least 3* in everything - after the last debacle of my marines blowing the ship to pieces I don't want to take the risk.

I start doing the long grind again and bring my funds up to a respectable level when I get another return ship mission - this time a Heavy Dragon - a quick look at the encyclopaedia tells me its somewhere around 160m/s so that’s a lot faster than my Heavy Centaur so I make the decision, with the help of S'hot T'sht as his eyes brightened up when he found out it was a Split M6, he has visions of flying a Split M6 but he has no hope, I will be taking it over and he can use the Centaur if he wishes, speed is important to me. The only problem I have is that the "Elite Seal" team is still in advanced training and will take a long time to complete; I’m going to have to use an assortment of poor and okay marines for this one.

I order the Express to jump to the Dragon, I hop in to it and set the Marines on their way, they reach the hull fairly quickly, I’m not holding out much hope for this op, and I think S'hot T'sht is hoping it goes the other way after being told it's mine, but I’m in for a little surprise as although the marines are only 1-2* in certain areas, they are at least 2* in fighting and they make it to the core quickly, I lost a few of them but they are the backup team anyway and can be replaced quickly - the only issue being the dragon is down to 14% hull and I have no money to fix it. Everything goes to plan, I send the Police through Xenon sectors and they don't come after me again, I now have two M6 but only one is usable at the minute. I think I will use the Dragon as a Mass Driver Ship and see how that goes against the bad guys.

Only one thing I can do, grind it out and hope for the best. I have been buying second hand ships constantly and making good money on them, they still in bad condition when I sell them as I don't have time to sit and mend a whole ship with one tiny spacesuit laser, but sometimes I’m making double what I paid, so money is coming in quickly. I need to source some more shields for the Dragon and have been sending out the Pelicans to gather the goodies and drop them off at my Storage Ships, I have around 10 million credits and have sent the dragon to the equipment dock to get fitted with upgrades when I come across something I can’t quite believe, and I can’t believe my luck. It’s a.........

Return a Tiger - An M7 Corvette that was made purely for the waging of war, and guess what? The "Elite Seals" have finished this round of training just in time. The Split are not going to be best pleased with this act of piracy at all but this is just too good of an opportunity to turn down and it will even keep S'hot T'ht happy as he can have that dragon all he wants now. Moving from an Kestrel M5 into a M7 Tiger in a matter of days is just unbelievable and just goes to show you that sometimes the hard working little guy do sometimes make it big - that’s if the Elite Seals are good enough to take on a Tiger, we shall wait and see.
X3TC - Awesome

Poseidon
x3tc

Post by Poseidon » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 23:27

Heh. ALL THE PIRACY! This makes me want to play a pirate game one of these days. :-p

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 00:38

I dont think i will need to pirate much longer if i get this Tiger. Think i will go on a Xenon rampage if i get it.
X3TC - Awesome

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 15:12

13. The Eye of the Tiger

The Marines are on their way, the Hull is on 52% before they reach it, I don't expect it to drop below 40% due to the skills most of the marines have, and I hope it's doesn't as I'm sure it will cost a ton more than that dragon I've yet to fix.

Marines cut through the hull quickly, they fight their way up, I loose 3 Marines before we hit the Core, a short time later and I now own a Tiger with no goodies inside apart from my Marines and only 43% hull, a quick jump to the shipyard in Ianamus Aura. I have decided to sell the Heavy Centaur to help fund the repairs, got around 10 million for it, I now have 23 million and it just about covers it, only 92% hull but I can live with that.
Now I need armaments for it, I go looking for Gauss Cannons only to realize it can't mount them, that’s a pity as reading through Slugs book the Gauss Cannon seems to tear through the Xenon’s quickly, but it does mount another weapon of interest - IBL and if the rumours are correct these things are awesome. Now I just need to source them and that’s the problem, these are like gold dust and the only place I have seen them is in Loomatstrat Legacy and it's hostile to me, I can find a hacker easily enough but it only has 2 in stock and it's not enough.

Just as I’m cursing my bad luck guess who knows who has some? Yep, if in doubt ask my pirate friend where I would acquire extra IBL's seeing as they seem to be a Pirate made weapon. He tells me that the Yaki have 2 IBL forges in their Sectors, this confuses me as I don't remember seeing them anywhere and I also remember thinking that the Yaki have no stations except for that shipyard. He then says it's in the sector below Senators Badlands called Weavers Tempest, why I wasn't allowed to go there before is beyond me but we set course and find the south gate which is located well off the beaten track, and to my great surprise they have 2 Equipment Docks, 2 IBL forges, 2 Space fuel Distilleries and a Disrupter Forge, I jump the Pelicans to Weavers Tempest and pick up another 4 IBL's, that’s 6 in total and probably as much as I’m going to get for a while, I think I will put two cigs on it as well to load the front.

Whilst doing this I have been collecting 4x1GJ shields and 10 Flak Artillery Arrays - this is costing me a load of cash and I've not much left after repairing the Tiger, but on my way to Weavers Tempest I picked up a lot of missions for scanning Asteroids at 150k each and when you consider I have about 4-5 of these at one go and at between 7-10 asteroids a time that’s some money rolling in. I also picked up another Pirate mission, scanning the holds of ships which nets me over 300k for 10 minutes work. Once I have all the guns and shields I need I jump the Pelicans to the Tiger and unload all it's goodies onto him, plenty of shields, plenty of guns and decent speed. It's time to take this out for a test drive and see how she goes.

Off course me spending all this money repairing and fitting the Tiger has left the Dragon in the same state it was when I got it, this has left S'hot T'sht in a mood with me, but I remind him I’m the captain and decide which ships take priority in the fleet and having an M7 Tiger as the Flag-ship is very important, if only it could carry a spare ship in it's cargo bay as getting e-cells and docking is an issue with it.

* I have some scripts/mods running allowing for the ED & Disruptor Forge in Weavers Tempest - sorry if this caused excitement or confusion, plus the extra equipment dock i think is a glitch in the mod when i run it twice.
X3TC - Awesome

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 11:08

14. Operation "Test Run"

Now where to go? nothing seems to be happening in any of the sectors I have checked so far, I think I will go back to Terran Space, I have to talk to General Mishsiajamama who then tells me I have clearance for Mars and there is a little surprise for me - A crappy M5, I mean I kill a few Xenon and I get a lousy 30k for it? Cheap skates. After picking my Surprise I have to go back to Heretics end and speak to a Mark Jackson, he tells me the Xenon are attacking PTNI - I wonder if it's that J and company again? but he tells me to follow the non Xenon ship and not to engage, this confuses me some no end but order are orders and I want paid.

I jump to PTNI and see the Xenon - 4 L's, not much but I keep my distance and turn the turrets off, the local Shrike is attacking them and two bail, I quickly claim them and send them to the shipyard, they have things I need - PBE's and it's hard to source them. The non Xenon ship appears to be that Nova from earlier, he heads towards the East gate and I follow through. He is heading towards a Pirate Station I'm sure wasn't there before and it docks, after that happens about 5-6 fighters appear and head towards me, im ordered to scan the ship but need to be within certain distance, turrets active and most ships dead, another Nova has bailed and it's sent back to the shipyard. I can't really get as close as I want to in the Tiger so I call in the Kestrel - this is where having a docking bay for 1 ship would help.

I scan the base quickly and go back to the tiger, easy enough mission and I got some goodies from it this time. Im ordered back to Heretics end and given 3 Rapiers, not the best ship in the world but they come with EMC's which from my knowledge are supposedly decent, so I put them in a wing and send towards Omicron Lyrae, it's at this point im asked to patrol Circle of Labour, Omicron Lyrae and then Treasure Chest. If it's like before then again easy pickings.

Just as im leaving Heretics end I get a message that the rapiers have been destroyed, great, I kill the N's & M's, not much of them mind you but I head to Omicron Lyrae, I check ahead and see that there seems to be 2 Q's, a P & PX - I haven't fought these before so this is the real test, I get in and all of a sudden M's & N's spawn - I have a feeling the Q's, PX & P where just a migrating party and not part of the mission, but I was able to kill 1 Q, P & PX without taking any kind of damage, think shields dropped to around 91%, these IBL's work a treat, plus I even managed to pick up a few extra goodies in the form of missiles and weapons.

The Tiger held it's own against 3 Cap Ships quite easily, I really was expecting to die there or at least suffer badly, my fighting has improved immensely but that probably down to the computer fight software plus the cap ships aren't exactly hard to miss from close range, what I do need is a good haul of Missiles to use but I don't know what to use, maybe someone can recommend some for me?

Treasure Chest was empty of enemies apart from some unusual looking ships called Deca Deafs - an old design of the Xenon, they don’t last to well against a Tiger, im ordered again to go back to Heretics end for yet another debriefing. I'm given another mission once I get debriefed and apparently it's just to escort a Scabbard, easy mission and I was going to get S'hot T'sht to do it for me, he is complaining that his skills are being put to waste ferrying goodies around for me, so we reach a compromise, he will man the turrets on this run, little does he know it's just another escort mission.

We reach Mars then all hell breaks loose, the Terrans are all uptight and panicking, apparently a xenon has got through and dropped a Beacon, before we can destroy it a whole fleet of Xenon jump in including a J. I remember how much these models cost me earlier and make a beeline for it, 30 seconds later that J was dead and S'hot T'sht was having a hell of a time swatting down the fighters, he even managed to bail a couple of them which I claimed and sent to the shipyard, Beacon destroyed and the scabbard docked safely onboard the Venus Orbital defence station it's a victory for us. My fight rank has moved up to sharpshooter, happy days, now people will know I can shoot proper now that I've added a J, Q, & P's the list of M's & N's.

Not much of a payout from the Terrans, but the amount of free ships and missiles im picking up seems to be worth the hassle, plus im getting revenge on those "Broken Toasters" for the hassle they caused me earlier, and it's making my number 2 happy that he is involved in some sort of combat, I've promised I will fix up the dragon and he will be leader of a wing, I think I will use the money form the free ships to fund the repair bill plus I have some missiles I can maybe flog if not using them. Who would have thought that the spoils of war could be so good? and to think that I was capable of doing this due to my act of Piracy, I told you, im only stealing ships for the benefits of the Universe, not for self gain.
X3TC - Awesome

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 11:24

15. Tiger vs. Xenon

The Terrans want me to go talk to some woman called Heywood, she is not the most friendly person I have met out in the depths of space and she orders me to follow her and starts to talk about her captured partner, the only problem with this is that she moves so slow, and the Tiger is so big, trying to make sure I didn't bump into her for 4 whole sectors. We drop into Grand Exchange and have to speak to a Teladi who knows my lady friend, but he refuses to help until we help him first remove some smuggler competition for him, im not overly keen but apparently we really need his help, a short time later and a few deaths he agrees to help, but we need to buy 200 Teladianium - this is not usually a problem but im in a tiger and can't dock, so I need to call in "Mother", hop in and buy the goods, then jump to Argon M148, this is also a problem as the last time I was here I got kicked out very quickly by the sheer size of the Military sitting there.

We jump in and everything is red, the ships are blue but every station is red, we get scanned by some police and they allow us to dock at the Military Outpost, I am told to wait in space after the delivery and wait for Heywood. I have an open channel to her and can here her talking away to the Argons, me and S'hot T'sht are sitting having a game of Poker and just generally chilling out when Heywood starts screeching through the comms, apparently the Argons don't want Heywood rescuing Pearle and they are having a hard time getting back to their ship, we can see the Argon Military starting to surround the base, the word is out that something is going on, I jump at the controls and warming the jump drive up, Heywood and Pearl don't reach their ship and instead jump out the nearest airlock, are they mad? she barks for me to pick them up, I consider leaving her there as I don't like her one bit but I take her onboard, we are to make our way back to Heretics end quickly before the Argon Military can reach us, and few seconds later we in heretics end, im glad I warmed the Jump-drive, any longer im 100% sure I was getting a Panther in the ass.

After Pearls debrief I am ordered to jump to Split Sectors - the argons have nothing to do with the recent Xenon in Terran space but apparently a split family have been using it to gain an advantage over another family, the split families are always trying to get one over another. The catch? for whatever reason, Pearl does not want to leave the Pelican, I have to go to these sectors in a ship with little defence and attacking options, these missions are going to be the death of me.

First sector reached and sat dropped, 2nd sector sat dropped, 3rd sector sat dropped, then I get a message from Pearl that he has some activity in Family Zyarth, a quick jump there and we have to scan some ships for Jump-drive Components, after 3-4 ships I find one, im ordered to shoot it and capture it, that’s easier said than done in a Pelican but eventually the captain agrees to spacewalk. I transfer over some of the Pelicans shields, I don't fancy flying in Split Space with no shields, not when I have to plant a tracking device on an Elephant, once that is done I am rushed by a couple of Deca Deafs, luckily I had the Tiger follow me and it took them out easily enough, especially when S'hot T'sht is at the controls, I feel lucky I have someone here I can trust, someone with no other motives. All he wants to do is fly a Split Capital ship and destroy things.

I have to get to Ocean of Fantasy and speak to a Terran, by this time im running out of E-Cells, I try to buy some freight drones but none are about, I have to call in the Calvary in the form of another Pelican and take his, he docks and buys more, easily done but it's more extra micro management that I would prefer I didn't have to do, I need to think of something regarding this, but it's not the time for that, I received a new ship as payment from the Terrans, a cutlass M3, not bad but I have no use for it now since im in a cap ship, this may have been useful earlier on but I can't see me flying this anytime soon.

We have to jump to an unknown sector where that Elephant has went too, when we get there, there are hundreds of Split and Terran ships, the mission is to capture that Elephant while staying alive, luckily I wont be the one doing the boarding op and im just there for kicks, the Split start to attack me, this is where S'hot T'sht proves his loyalty, by shooting his own people out of the sky without hesitation, if that had been me I don't know if I could bring myself to do it.

After a long enough battle and some decent ships capped such as the Terran Thor and Mjilnor they are sent to the scrap yard to fund the Dragon repair bill. We then have to capture a scientist who spacewalked, this is easier said than done as the Tiger although faster and more agile than most M7's the tiger is still hard to control. We need to get to The Moon, a sector north of Mars so that’s a long trek to be had, looks like it's more Poker & whiskey for us on this trip.

With no further orders around from the Terrans im a little bored, I don't want to go back to taxis or scanning rocks and the Terrans have nothing for me, so I decide I will give this Tiger it's first proper battle, remember X-347? well that’s where im headed for a battle.

Coming through the gate I'm a little nervous, the Tiger held up well before against the xenon but this is their sector and I have no Teladi Phoenix or Terran M2's helping me, but it was all an anti climax really, 1 Q, took it out in a matter of seconds, although they can turn their ass around quickly if they want, I need to remember that, I move further in and see a P on the far side of the station, I move towards it still surprised that only a handful of Fighters were knocking about, just as I was reaching the P a Q popped up to my left, too far away to do anything serious so I finish the P off and make my way toward the Q, S'hot T'sht is enjoying his turret duty and is taking down hordes of M's, L's, Lx's & N's, the only issue so far is that I have a Blind spot, beneath me on the belly, no turrets reach there and I have took a couple % shield damage, a quick barrel roll solves that though.

Im still in decent shield strength and have nothing around that concerns me, however if the Q can't shoot your shields down then it does the kamikaze run of ramming you, this wrecks my shields but kills itself in the process, 80% Hull, 0% shields in X-347, luckily nothing is around now to annoy me, a quick seta and shields are up again, time for some more fishing. it goes like this for a while and the only time I had a issue is when 3 Q's where coming toward me - took them out 1 by 1 before they could gang up but that 3rd one rammed me again, slightly bored and nothing left to salvage I make way for the shipyard in PTNI, time for some R&R I thinks after a good days fishing and then see what those Terrans are up to tomorrow, maybe put these missiles to some use tomorrow.
X3TC - Awesome

Nathancros

Post by Nathancros » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 12:53

WOAH how did i only just find this 0_o!? *reads it all, bloody hell nice work man keep it up*
Nullam et arcu vitae magna instabilitate omnia solvit

Am a recovering Addict of the CREATIVE FORUM.

Long live X3

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 13:33

Thanks for the support. Im playing two games at the minute, this is the main one, the next one is a tester for possibly another DiD in the future.

Im only about 2 chapters ahead now, the next one is where i "think" i have done something that no one else has yet, but it will lead into something i hope no one has even considered. Im not fussed if it has been done before as im not trying to be unique, but any i have read have not really done this.

Glad you have enjoyed it, it's always good to get some support and feedback.
X3TC - Awesome

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 18:17

Almost a disaster, i knew that the save function in the game is a little dangerous in that you can save over an old save file without realizing, so i copied this DiD save file into another folder for safe keeping. Played my new game, just a random go killing everything one and when i went back to this it wasn't there. I couldn't find it and even when i put the copy i kept in it didn't show, note to self, dont rename a save file.

Close call and i think i would have been quite annoyed at myself.
X3TC - Awesome

Poseidon
x3tc

Post by Poseidon » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 18:26

That would have been horrible. You've been doing so well, too. Glad to hear it's safe. :-p Keep up the good work.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Mon, 1. Jul 13, 18:50

Download the save game manager. If you look for any post by TTD, it should be linked in his sig. Fantastic little tool :)

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Tue, 2. Jul 13, 09:32

Cheers Kirlack, i downloaded it, but im not sure if i have used it properly.

16. Double Agent

I am S'hot T'sht, I am a Split, however I have been recruited by the Yaki as a double agent and my job is to basically cause havoc wherever I go. The Yaki pay well and I enjoy my job, but lately things have been a little different. I met up with Erin Iovis a few days ago, a Terran explorer or so she says that’s what she set out as, but due to some events such as the destruction of her 3 million investment by the Xenon and a little cohesion by me, she has turned rogue and doesn't even know it, not yet anyways, she has been busy making allies with all the commonwealth races while also helping with the Terrans little problem of the Xenon. But all that will change in the near future, I will make sure of it.

My main target will be the Paranid, the Yaki have been at war for a while with all the races, but the Paranid have been a real problem due their closeness to the Yaki sectors. It was my idea to steal a Tractor beam from one off those nids, my idea to bring all those asteroids into Savage Spur & place them around the jump gate, Why? well it's very hard for the Paranid capital ships to negotiate the area now, and any that do survive are usually a battered wreck before the Yaki even start. The paranid are so stubborn that they will always drive through savage spur instead of jumping to the south gate and making there way down.

Erin Iovis has already admitted that she dislikes the Paranid, they are cheeky, self centred and fear change and continually call her an unholy one, off course I have been feeding paranoia by telling her lies that the Paranids dislike the Terrans because of their similarities to the Argons, that the Paranid are a ruthless race who enjoy the destruction of humans. I have gained enough trust with her that she will allow me to be captain of my very own Heavy Dragon, off course I had to kill a lot of my own people to show her my loyalty, but eventually we will destroy the Split families, 1 by 1.

Soon enough I will instigate that she attack the Paranid, this is the bit that gets tricky, I need the Paranid to attack her or one of her ships and to do that I need to put myself in a compromising position, I'm not sure how this will go but im working on a plan.

Earlier she was brought down to the Yaki and spoke to one of their High Leaders, off course she didn't realise who it was at the time, but she was told that the Yaki had plans to raid and pillage the other Races sectors, they had a Plan, Me and Erin is that plan, and for that plan to work we need to keep her in the dark, but also keep her as an ally, the Yaki trusted her enough to give her enough IBL's to protect herself as well as destroy her enemies, she is in our pocket and doesn't even know.
X3TC - Awesome

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Tue, 2. Jul 13, 14:16

17. "Operation Shields? What Shields?"

Well the Terrans need me to go to somewhere called Aldrin, never seen it before and I can jump to it, very random as I usually need jump gates but I'm not complaining. They have even give me a few ships to use, some I apparently had from a while back, An M6 Vidar - looks very good but like all Terran ships limited in weapons & Missiles, I also had a scabbard with Marines on board, they look decent and most have a fight skill of at least 3* plus extra in other areas, these have just been sitting around doing nothing and I didn't even realize.

I order the Scabbard to dock at a Military Post in Black Hole Sun & the Vidar to dock in the Shipyard in Mars. I then make the jump to Aldrin. Now the Terran Sectors are big, but Aldrin is HUGE, a short distance on the map is roughly 100km and in a Tiger at 80% hull and top speed of 110m/s it takes a while. I also have another team of Marines in yet another scabbard, these Terrans sure love giving away ships and Marines. After a while a ship comes toward us and Jackson is surprised it's a Human, as it turns out they have been living here and using Teraformer technology, after a short get together we are ordered to help locate someone who has stolen the Teraformer technology in Aldrin.

A small fleet of Xenon show up and try to make trouble for us, including a huge M1 ship that I want, I bring my Marines on board and launch from the Tiger after suppressing it's shields, again they don't launch, I really need to remember what ships launch Marines, by the time the marines are back on the scabbard the Terrans have taken control and I’m ordered to bring the Aldrin Leader to Earth, I bring in a Pelican due to me not being able to dock the M7 and we make our way to Earth. Upon arrival I am giving another ship, this Time an M8 bomber, again it's limited in it's missiles but I may make use of it sometime.

Back in Commonwealth and nothing to do, S'hot T'sht is getting bored of not shooting things, we go to Xenon X-347 and start mauling Q's, P's, Px's, Countless M's, N's & L's. they only thing that has caused me concern is the Q's ramming me, I even change weapons on the front turrets to ISR to help against the Q's speed & shields but they suck up the energy even more and when in a fight with 2-3 Q's a time running out of energy is not wise.

We then go to X-432, same as before, 4 Q's lie in wait for me but they go down quickly, not much of a force in X-432 just loads of fighters which drain my energy due to the FAA working overtime, after picking up a load of missiles, weapons, tech & shields, the Tiger is near full, I unload it in my Storage ships and decide to take a risk. I have enough money to repair the Dragon after all the free ships I claimed from the Terran missions and the ones given to me I didn't need got sold. I decide to give S'hot T'sht his very own ship, I trust him enough now after his exploits using the turrets on the Tiger and he is given the green light to try "Operation Shields? What Shields?".

I get in the Dragon with him and let him go hunting, he decides to go to X-347, a favourite hunt of his nowadays, I’m a little sceptical of his choice but I trust his decision. Luckily there was not much activity in the sector when we arrived, only 1 Q which we went for. The dragon is faster and more agile than the Q, S'hot T'sht's piloting skills are fearsome, he unloads the Mass Driver and fires away, the Q's shields hold up, but the Hull is getting hammered, every % slows the Q down even more and eventually it goes down, after probably around 100,000 rounds but that not that much really, I think I have 60000 in each gun with more in storage. He did this without missiles and without taking a single hit, quite impressive and a good run out for the Dragon.

The only problem now is the 3 Q's coming up the rear, I’m not sure he can handle 3 Q's with a Dragon as the shields are more than 4 times less that of the Tiger and if they do their usual party trick of kamikaze then I think it's game over. a quick redeployment or the popular move called RSLG and wait for the Jump-Drive to power up we head back "home".

Not a bad day overall, I am finished with the Terrans, they have no more missions for me, I have proved that I can handle plenty of capital ships ganging up on me, I collected a wide variety of missiles and weapons to use for the fighters, I got the dragon repaired and to top it all off, my trust in S'hot T'sht is complete - he showed me his ability to follow orders while shooting his own people down, but also his ability to take on the Xenon’s and come out without a scratch. I need to find more people like him.

Assets

M7 - 1x Tiger
M6 - 1x H-Dragon 1x Vidar
TM - 3x Pelican 1x Pleco
M8 - 1x Viper 1x Claymore
M3-M5 - Assortment including:
· Falcon Sentinels
· Falcon Hauler's
· Cutlass
· Nova's
· Mamba's
· Perseus's
· Barracuda's
· Mako's
· Harriers
· Kestrels

TS - Assortment including:
· Mercury SF
· Dolphin SF - "Ammo Boat" & "Boom Shot"
· Baldric - "Gun Boat"
· Mercury Tankers
· Demeter's
· Caiman’s

TP - 2x Express 1x Scabbard

Stations – 1x Complex - Nostrop Oil
X3TC - Awesome

Poseidon
x3tc

Post by Poseidon » Tue, 2. Jul 13, 14:55

Heh. Interesting twist. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Thu, 4. Jul 13, 10:10

17. We need bombs. Lots of bombs.

Although the Tiger has won all of it's battles so far, i do lack the ability to spam missiles at will. With S'hot T'sht on the turrets the fighters don't stand much of a chance, but having a blind spot has cost me some sheild damage before, so i need to make good use of the missiles i find, plus damaging the Capital ships before we are at firing range is a benefit as is distracting it's turrets, so the next goal is to have a small missile plex, off course to do that i will need credits, lot's of credits and i only have 6 million at present with some ships to repair.

Another goal is to secure another ship, i love the Tiger dearly, it has kept me alive after so many battles, it's quick for an M7, can mount IBL's and the recharge rate is fairly decent, however it can't dock in many stations, in fact it has only docked in shipyards, equipment docks, military bases & some corporate stations, the Universe is too big to only be able to dock in certain stations in certain sectors, but what else can i use? Off course this is always a good time to ask a friend and the only friend that i know who might know is S'hot T'sht.

"S'hot, i need some help, as you know docking this Tiger is proving troublesome, refuelling it is also causing some problems, i need a ship that has decent sheilds, good turret coverage, is quick and can dock at least 1 scout ship"

"The only ship that i can think of that docks a fighter, has 1GJ of sheilds, has plenty of turrets, 8 front facing guns and can fire a whole host of missiles is the Hyperion Vangaurd"

"A what?"

"It's a Paranid ship, and you can't buy one, you can only steal one and i wasn't sure if you would be willing to get your hands dirty, especially with a live target"

"Your right, i don't really want to take on a live target, is there no other ship thats buyable for my needs?"

"Not that i know off, don't be too concerned, the Paranids would have no problem stealing from you or your people if they thought it was what their God wanted"

"I'm not sure, i don't like them, but i don't think i can bring myself to initiate a full scale invasion where people will get killed just for a ship"

"The decsion is yours captain, i will follow your orders and will give advice when needed, but if it was me i would do it, they won't miss one little ship, and you never know, maybe they will hand it over without any casualties"

"I know, it's good to have someone around here that can give an unbiased opinion, if we were to do this, how would we do it?"

"It will be quite difficult, the Hyperion has guns all around, is quick at turning, getting the sheilds down will be easy enough, a couple of Hornet missiles will do, failing that due to the turret coverage PBE's will remove the sheilds, the hardest bit will be getting the Marines to it, an M7M would make things a little easier but we dont have one, i think releasing them from the Dragon is the best chance we have, it's sheilds will hold up to some punishment, we just need a bit of luck and good timing when releasing them"

"Is that it? nothing else i should consider? Its not like im short of luck out here!!"

"Ha, you never know, maybe the Gods will be shinning on you this time. I
suggest we find one, and follow it to a secluded spot like a border sector or a pirate sector, this will be a long battle and we don't need any unwanted guests causing us issues"

"Lets hope it isn't the Paranid Gods shinning down on us, thats the sort of luck we don't need"

On my way tracking through the Paranid sectors and not seeing a single Hyperion at all, we make our way towards Argon prime, another return ship mission from a Teladi, another one to get the boys trained up, this time it's an M7M Cobra - these Split Captains sure do love jumping ship, you wouldn't see a Terran captain leaving his ship lying empty in space. This could make boarding the Hyperion easier apparently, but i could also sell the Cobra to help fund the missile complex which will in turn help me secure a Hyperion, decision decsions.

Witht he boys safely on board and only 1 guy lost i now have another capital ship, i transfer over 1GJ sheild and jumpdrive from a pelican and order it to the shipyard, it will be sold and the proceeds used to fund my missile plex. I also take on a few assasinaition missions that are paying me 1, 2 and even 3 million, it's easy work as im fighting a couple M6 & a number of smaller fighters, the only issue is that one of the hits was against a Yaki, this plummeted my rep with them and S'hot T'sht was none to pleased, i try to explain that the contract was vague and i didn't read the small print, i promised him i would make it up to them but i didn't know how. I took part in some patrols against the Xenon which is always fun. I remember back to the start of this journey that crossing a Q or PX scared me, now i actively go hunting them, oh how things change in a matter of time, and even my fighting skills have improved.

With the Cobra sold - much to the dislike of the Teladi and the missions i have completed, much to the dislike of the Pirates, Yaki & S'hot T'sht i now am sitting on 32 million credits, it's time to get things rolling. I need to hire a numbe rof TL captains, but with them having to travel long distances and through Xenon Sectors i think it would be better to have my own, this of course is a lot of money to spend so i contemplate stealing one, S'hot T'sht says it is fairly difficult to get through the Hull on TL's and says it's better to just buy one, but which one?

S'hot T'sht must be rubbing off on me as i tend to have a lot of Split ships, the TL i picked is no different, an Elephant, it can hold up to 11 fighters, has plenty of weapons and is quite quick, it does not hold as much as an Elephant or an Ocra but it is a lot faster and speed is a good defense to have. The complex i am looking to build is going to cost roughly 23 million, it wont be huge and it is only for self use, i can't afford to have a SPP with it's need for crystals and it's need for Silicon, so i will bring in the E-cells manually. This is how it will look

http://tinyurl.com/o38lcjp

All the missiles i will need for the time being anyway, i was tempted to include Tomahawks for the Viper, but i still haven't used it, plus i might install Typhoons at a later date, but for now these will do for what i need, and thats to simply spam missiles at will when i need to. You will notice that i have Dragonflys on the base, i will have no use for these but the Equipment Dock in PTNI seems to love them, this will help keep the plex up and running with little input from me, but i cant for whatever reason set up my Harrier Hauler to manually trade the Dragonflys, i have to keep issuing the command.

With the Missile plex up and running, there nothing for me to do just now, so i think some whiskey, beer & poker is called for and hopefully S'hot will be in a better mood, i need to get the Yaki back on side, it's handy having the most ruthless pirates backing you up, S'hot has told me he wants to go to the Yaki and speak to them on my behalf, lets hope they listen to him.

Assets

M7 - 1x Tiger
M6 - 1x H-Dragon 1x Vidar
TL - 1x Elephant
TM - 3x Pelican 1x Pleco
M8 - 1x Viper 1x Claymore
M3-M5 - Assortment including:

Falcon Sentinals
Falcon Hauler's
Cutlass
Nova's
Mamba's
Perseus's
Barracuda's
Mako's
Harriers
Kestrels

TS - Assortment including:

Mercury SF
Dolphin SF - "Ammo Boat" & "Boom Shot"
Baldric - "Gun Boat"
Mercury Tankers
Demeter's
Caimen's

TP - 2x Express 1x Scabbard

Stations - 2 Complexes - Missile Plex & Nostrop Oil
X3TC - Awesome

jorganos
x3tc

Post by jorganos » Thu, 4. Jul 13, 15:05

Nice reading so far, and excellent secret ops story twist for getting heads on with the Paranids.

You mentioned your game isn't quite vanilla - I guess that's why you need marines for return capital ship missions, but what makes you find abandoned craft. Care to list the scripts?

Return to “Creative Universe”