A Gaming Fan-Fiction Sister Blog for DHGB?

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Dog G6
x3ap

A Gaming Fan-Fiction Sister Blog for DHGB?

Post by Dog G6 » Mon, 18. Mar 13, 20:28

I have had my gaming blog, Dog House Gaming Blog, since spring 2011. I will probably move it over to self hosting soon, that way it can become more awesome and professional, but I still always want to keep it like an indie blog, and not something that's crazy big and is being run with huge conflicts of interest and money. I want it to stay very similar to how it is now, where it has a dedicated readership, and isn't just read because it happens to be the very top result on Google.

Anyways, back on topic, as all of the above was very dramatic and romantic and everything else, I was thinking of starting a sister blog, that revolves around game fanfiction. I like games quite a bit, and I like writing quite a bit, and have been writing my X3 journals and guides and stuff. I wanted to also write X3 fanfictions, but I want to keep it organized, and don't want to clutter up my gaming blog with fanfiction, which even though it will still be gaming-related, would be more "in-character" than my current writing.

I want to write X3 fanfictions, because it seems like this would be one of the better communties to write to, and one of the cooler games to write about, because most of the stuff you can write about can actually happen in the game. I mean, how awesome does it sound when "The Argon One materialized in the North gate. Several Rapid Response Heavy Centaurs jumped in behind it, and the military fleet started closing on the stolen corvette.
And two Panther-class Split carriers came out of the South gate, as smaller fighter craft streamed out of them, travelling to rendezvous with the oncoming Argon fleet"

I just made that up, but the cool part, is that actually could happen (and does) in X3.

Maybe I could call it Dog House Fiction or something. That sounded kinda generic, maybe it could be something like FAN-Attic or something like that. Darn, it's even harder to make a fanfiction blog name that doesn't sound stupid as heck. Maybe it could be more subtle in implying that it's fanfiction-centered

Plot Lined-Up? Retroll? STFU & Write? WTFiction? [Somebody is going to steal one of these, I'm not telling my better ones ;)] The Spawn Camp? Generic Terran? I'll just keep spewing names out all day.

Spoilered Brat? Plot-Twisted? Biased About Penguins? [I don't know where that came from. That just popped up in my head] Don't Befriend Xenon? You've Been Bunnyhopped, Officially Un-official FanFics?

Anyways, after you've suffered through that, and brought your friends over to read these, please write these down on pieces of paper, strap them to a soda-bottle filled with soda and dry ice, shake it up, and see which one flies farthest. (because remember, "it's compressed gas, it doesn't explode, and all the vids on YouTube have been edited in Maya" [someone actually said this to me regarding dry ice.)

The above is not recommended, although it would be cool. Just tell me which one you like best.

Yeah, this is the first off-topic post I've posted, and yes, it is kinda wierd even for me. I like X3 so much, I really didn't think I would write in the off-topic forum, as I'm usually only ever thinking about X3. I'm not sure if this is even "off-topic", but I assumed it fit most, so don't get mad at me Alan :wink:
I want a sandwhich... no, nevermind. Well, I mean, you know... maybe... nah... okay yes.

X3 Journal Index (Includes links to all parts of my journals and guides)

DERP Stock Trading Guide [Version 1.4.5, updated 02/17/13.] DERP Humble Merchant Guide [Version 1.1]

/\ ________ /\ Ubersmilez

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 18. Mar 13, 20:54

There is a creative forum for fanfiction you know ;)
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Dog G6
x3ap

Post by Dog G6 » Mon, 18. Mar 13, 20:56

EmperorJon wrote:There is a creative forum for fanfiction you know ;)
Yeah, I know that. This isn't actually a fanfiction, nor is it that X3 related, and it's more centered around getting opinions on setting up an external site.

Edit: Welp, I guess it was moved here anyways.
I want a sandwhich... no, nevermind. Well, I mean, you know... maybe... nah... okay yes.

X3 Journal Index (Includes links to all parts of my journals and guides)

DERP Stock Trading Guide [Version 1.4.5, updated 02/17/13.] DERP Humble Merchant Guide [Version 1.1]

/\ ________ /\ Ubersmilez

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 18. Mar 13, 21:02

Yes, but you're discussing X3 fanfiction. Believe me, this creative forum gets little activity as it is, and you're more likely to get readers, opinions, and anything else here than if you set up an external blog (at least, for followers of the series).

For other non-X related work, or if you really want and external site, there are already those out there, for example fanfiction.net (*shudders... :O*), and I can totally understand if you want your own seperate site, although you really won't be able to get many visitors unless you're very skilled at "marketing".
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Return to “Creative Universe”