Way of the Gun - DiD (TC 3.2) [KIA]

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sun, 9. Jun 13, 23:54

Understood :

no I don't want you to take over I just thought you might want to throw in a character to keep your hand in so to speak no dis respect intended.
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sun, 9. Jun 13, 23:58

Also with your intriguing writing style I would never call you a pilock I look forward to your next adventure.
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 01:10

Ah, now I get it. Sorry :oops: ;) I'll take another look at Nomad then and see what I can come up with :) Thanks shaun :D

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 05:33

I thought you'd done a FAKE Goner, who had stolen a Goner Ranger and was pretending to be one. Of course I might have yours confused with another one.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 12:12

Oh, yeah that was me. I see where you're going with your comment now. Hmm, that's definitely got some potential. The only downside is that I don't currently have the Goner Witness start open on my new installation.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 13:09

Ah. I don't even know how to unlock that now that I think on it.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 14:58

Triaxx2 wrote:Ah. I don't even know how to unlock that now that I think on it.
You need to finish the Goner Plot (getting the TLS and the UFJD) to access the Goner Witness start. Or you could do what I've just done, and use the registry edit hak to open all the gamestarts :) So I could try a Lost Lar DiD now, were I so inclined ;) I suspect it'd be rather brief though :p

Nathancros

Post by Nathancros » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 16:53

I got a wierd idea if u want.

Terran ATTACKER

Work with terran, KILL ALL ELSE!

Course this means u'll be VERY curtailed in what u can do. and to get ur stolen stuff to the terrans would be some hard work, but would be interesting to see
Nullam et arcu vitae magna instabilitate omnia solvit

Am a recovering Addict of the CREATIVE FORUM.

Long live X3

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 17:11

It's a nice idea Nate, but that's basically the premise for my current Terran game ;) Also, where am I going to buy marines?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 19:22

Because I'm still me my biggest problem with a 'pure' Terran game is that they have no CLS software.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Poseidon
x3tc

Post by Poseidon » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 22:31

Kirlack wrote:It's a nice idea Nate, but that's basically the premise for my current Terran game ;) Also, where am I going to buy marines?
"Buy" marines? I don't know the mechanics well, but can't you pick up ejected pilots, and sell them to a military base for marine training? I've never actually explored boarding and marine mechanics, so I'm fairly clueless on this issue.

Poseidon
x3tc

Post by Poseidon » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 23:11

Idea for your next DiD: Split Taxi. Episodic, Slice of Life, with an obsession for speed, and a hatred for Space Flies.

Rules: You must take every taxi job you find. You can not personally pilot a ship with a Max Speed < 200m/s (exception for docking with a Carrier Vessel and jumping). Install and Use Turbo Boost Script before purchase of an M6 or bigger combat vessel. Fuel it on Space Flies exclusively.

I see this as some sort of cross between a crime boss story and a taxi service empire. There will obviously be other business ventures, but they are just support for taking over the Taxi Universe.

Just a thought.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 23:22

Poseidon wrote:
Kirlack wrote:It's a nice idea Nate, but that's basically the premise for my current Terran game ;) Also, where am I going to buy marines?
"Buy" marines? I don't know the mechanics well, but can't you pick up ejected pilots, and sell them to a military base for marine training? I've never actually explored boarding and marine mechanics, so I'm fairly clueless on this issue.
You can buy marines at a variety of military bases/pirate bases/rehabilitation facilities throughout the game, and there's no 'need' to pick up pilots and converting them into slaves first, that's just a popular rule amongst DiD players for some reason.

Sadly, there are no Terran marines available (bar the handful you get during the plot, and they're usually bottom of the barrel), unless I go modified. You can't buy them at all in a vanilla game.
Poseidon wrote:Idea for your next DiD: Split Taxi.
:lol: Nice idea, but my Peace(s) of Eight DiD was largely built on taxi missions ;)

I've just been trying the Unholy Traitor start out...0 for 4 so far :( So I doubt I'll be using that as my gamestart, unless I just bite the bullet and go modified, customize my game a little :)

Poseidon
x3tc

Post by Poseidon » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 23:51

Huh. Do they need to Terran marines, or is there just no place in Terran Space to hire marines at all?

I sorta despise the slavery option in X3. It's one of the few game elements they could have left out. Which, of course, means I'll have to do a DiD as a dedicated slave trader, just so they can revolt and overthrow me in a suitably greusome fashion.

Hrm... Xenon Sympathizer maybe? You spend all your time trying to get them to accept you (and failing, obviously).

Emphasis on pure Technology stations... computer plants, lots and lots of drone factories. Stations should be neighboring Xenon sectors, or one sector out. You favor weapons and tactics used by Xenon, and ships that closely mimic their stats. You'll defend yourself from them of course... if you can defeat them, then they were obviously not optimized enough. You might even put a huge effort into capturing them, so you can understand them better.

I don't know where to go with this, but it seems like the core idea could evolve into something interesting and challenging... if you live.

Never tried Unholy Traitor. Sounds like a dedicated Pirate gamestart... maybe head for Pirate friendly sectors to buy upgrades, and repurpose all your guns for missile defense?

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 11. Jun 13, 02:09

Lost Lar is completely OPPOSITE the advice of stay away from the Xenon.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Tue, 11. Jun 13, 05:52

Yeah, Lost Lar was more like Lost Cause.

I've decided to have a crack at the Xenon start. I'm not really sure how it's gonna pan out, but I'm hoping it'll be interesting. You're welcome to check the prelude here, and I'd really appreciate any feedback :) This is gonna be an odd one :)

Nathancros

Post by Nathancros » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 19:46

Well i has another quick idea, if its not too late

Boron aggressor

Only boron stuff*so that gives u jumpdrives and other lovely toys* u can cap enemy races stuffs, but only boron fighters/transports/scouts *makes trading a PAIN*

enemy with all, even the doublecrossing squeaky clean argon
Nullam et arcu vitae magna instabilitate omnia solvit

Am a recovering Addict of the CREATIVE FORUM.

Long live X3

Return to “Creative Universe”