For death and glory! (and vodka!) (DID) (AP)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

starfox32140

For death and glory! (and vodka!) (DID) (AP)

Post by starfox32140 » Fri, 2. Nov 12, 06:16

first off, I want to thank kirlack for inspiring me to do this:

SO, just im starting my own dead is dead albion prelude, but i think yall will like this one for several reasons:

1) it will be written in story format, with characters that develop as the plot goes on.

2) i am using a custom modded start to give me a fleet, backstory is the main character (Micolei) is a retired argon marine who won the lotto right before all heck broke loose with the war and all.

3) there will be lots and lots of fighting. I mean lots. like, ill be painting killmarks on the side of my personal python until there is no hull room, and then some, i REALLY like killing things and breaking things, and this will reflect that.

4) most of the action will be fleet action once everything gets underway, battles should be big, expensive, and EPIC!!!

SO, onto my details of my rules and all that:

RULES:

1) Fighting will be my main source of income, complex's are to provide money and material for the war effort. no universe traders allowed, but CLS and transports ARE allowed to keep my plexes happy and running.

2) no diplomacy with any terrans, pirates, chipheads, or bugs. boron are targets of opportunity once i get my war effort fueled, because i HATE squids. almost as bad as those stuck up paranids... :p

more rules to follow as i get further in.

START CONDITIONS:

I used the script that allows you to make your own start by giving yourself various ships, which i will link here as soon as possible (hey, as of writing time its LATE, ill do it tomorrow after school) but here is my property:

OZIAS WITH PHQ

3 ARGON COLLOSSUS (colossi?) each with 60 aamon (sp?). my overkill department :p

5 CARRACKS

2 SPLIT PYTHON

30 MIL CREDS

1 SPP and 3 crystal fabs in argon prime.

OBJECTIVES:

Set up a base in Xenon sector 472, clear and hold it. 'give them the bayonets if ya have to, lads!' (note to self, get some lasertowers... im gonna need em...)

establish my own ship production in a suitable location (recommendations welcome)

push the terrans back to jupiter and hold them there (im gonna need LOTS of missiles...)

declare war on the boron (far future) and seize (and hold for 1 game day) one core sector from them. this should be nigh impossible with the RRF, but hey, ill just throw money and ships at it till i win :lol:

(i am open to recommendations on more objectives, just remember my rules about killing things and breaking things)

SCRIPTS:

AP custom start script thingy (will link when its not midnight and i can find it)

AP bonus pack

(more may be added later, open for recommendations)

PRELUDE: The Scars of War (C. 2 months before Earth Torus Destruction (ETD))

"hey kid, Dad's gonna be alright, just take care of mom while im gone, will ya? I'll be home in a few days, maybe a week tops. Sorry i couldn't stay until you were home, but ill definitely make it up when I'm back!"
Love, Dad.

Micolei read the note he always kept in his helmet webbing. He ALWAYS read it before he went on a mission. This time it meant more, though, he was going against the Xenon. the same Xenocidal chipheads who killed his father.

"all Units, operation Crooked Storm is Go, Marines, prepare for boarding action"

Time for a little payback thought micolei, as he checked his ion pulse rifle one last time.

"hey mic, you alright, mate?" said the marine across from him. he was 17 jazuras old, times were tough in this war. he was just a kid, first boarding op, probably his last. Micolei gave up on learning the names of the fresh meat, just set him up for grief when they inevitably were killed on an operation.

Boarding pods ready, stand by for launch

All the pod fell silent, five men, brothers in arms, all readied for the hell that awaited them. There was a loud KERWHAM and the pod was on it's way. All around them, they saw chaos. Fast Destroyers slugging it out, Corvettes ravaging whole flights of fighters, things were messy, to say the least. and thats JUST how Micolei liked them.

"alright, there is our target, a xenon Q, and a nasty one at that. get in, take control, dont fry anything that looks to important. SOP, boys, SOP." said a heavily accented voice. that was SGT mallory, USC. war sure made strange bedfellows, didnt it?

Never underestimate your enemy. As the pod flew in towards the Q, it flew a gauntlet of enemy PRG fire. Pod 4 of the formation took a hit, staggered, then just disappeared.

"POD DOWN, POD DOWN!

10 seconds to impact, then the real fun began.

then, space seemed to light up like a fireball. the pod was racked by a large explosion.

"WE'RE HIT!" screamed mallory. Micolei had never seen him panic before, but then again never before had death for the pair been so immediate, yet so out of their control. "Guys, we aren't going to make it, Bail out the back hatch, maybe you'll get picked up. Boys, it's been an honor, but a Terran worthy of the ATF NEVER bails from his ship."

Micolei tried to argue, standing at the back hatch motioning frantically for mallory to follow, but the terran was set on his path.

"Micolei, GO. I'll give them something to shoot at long enough for you to get clear. Dang it Marine, GO!"

Just as micolei was about to jump, all went white, and extremely Hot, Then to black, and Excessively Cold.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need ideas for characters, objectives, things to kill, whatever! this story is as much yours as it is mine. also, any Mod and script ideas are welcome.

this first post is mainly to see if there is enough interest to keep this going. here's hoping there is! *raises a shot glass of vodka*

thanks everyone!

Starfox here, signing off.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 07:36

Starfox;

Just a post to let you know I am looking forward to more, a good start that I will be watching.
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

John Jackson

Post by John Jackson » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 20:41

Here's a thought, might make things more challenging:
Your war effort production facilities can only be in Xenon sectors. This might be too difficult/impossible, but if it can be done I'm sure that it'd be really exciting. Keep it up, I'm stoked to read more!

caddman
x3tc

Post by caddman » Fri, 18. Jan 13, 19:07

I thought dead is dead mode would not allow scripting (cheating).
Talk is cheap simply because supply exceeds demand.

Return to “Creative Universe”