Marcus A tale of an Orphan of two worlds

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Thu, 28. Feb 13, 23:28

Heavens assertion:

Harnn't docked the ammon at the equipment dock irritated at being away from his wife for any reason. Even after three seasons his heart was pained when she was not nearby but his lord Marcus had asked him to complete this task.

He made his way onto the dock startled to see a full customs inspection area before him actualy being used.

He waited patiently in line then proffered his side arm to the agent at the desk, who politely gave him a claim token for it before passing him through the sensor grid.

Harrnt spent three days on the station before he was approached by a fellow split named C'parrt ".

"You are known to me Lord Harnn't" he said by way of greeting granting Harnn't the honorific denoting his acknowledgement of his association by marriage to the royal line.

The split led him to a well appointed restaurant along the way before broaching the reason for his approaching him.

" You are first to Lord Marcus the man who owns half the commonwealth and has the other half in his pocket, my patron ever a cautious man has asked me to extend you every courtesy". "He also asks why he has chosen to send his first to visit this small establishment "?.

Harnn't should have realised his nom de plume would be uncovered every aspect of this station hinted at military efficiency and of a stability found only amongst the close formed ranks of a military base.

He chose his words carefully before replying "My Lord has heard much of your patrons operations in this and surrounding sectors, do not misunderstand he has no conflict with your operations quite the reverse he merely wanted to be certain this was not just some rogue or piratical factions my visit was merely to put his mind at ease in that regard".

"Then you are welcome to remain as long as you wish" C'parrt replied " and if ever you wished to be accompanied here by your Lady we would be honoured beyond measure".

Harnn't acknowledged the offer then asked as he felt he should "C'parrt you are clearly your lords first why has he not called you to service ?".

C'parrt shrugged his shoulders "My Patron is a terren even for all their advanced technology they do not comprehend the subtleties of the Split honor system. As\a Patron though I would serve him as you would your Lord".

High praise Harnn't thought raising his glass in salute at the words of the old code. "Regrettably I am recalled to service but I have enjoyed my time here, my lord will look favourably on this enterprise".

C'parrt grinned signaling for another bottle of fire wine pleased at the response of Lord Marcus's first.
Neither man sought to out drink the other they were men of rank and had no need of such displays and parted as friends when Harrn't returned to the docking bays and left to report to his master.
As C'parrt would now report to his on an uneventful inspection by Marchad industries.
Last edited by Sabrina Bergin on Mon, 9. Sep 13, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 6. Apr 13, 23:53

This story will resume very shortly I have had hard ware issues that have trashed my save games and hard drives but I am recreating the story lines to the point they were at when I lost them.
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 02:48

Up and running again soon folks
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Mon, 9. Sep 13, 23:11

To stop the Xenon:

Vengeance stood her ground at the east gate decimating all Xenon incursions, they had to be resupplied several times by missile freighters and occasionaly by reserve fighter units but they held finaly a Terran warship entered the system at the north gate and took position a few klicks distance.

A Kyoto, Perrin recognised it at once one of the most heavily armed ships the Terran,s possessed but what was it doing here in a border sector.

He did not have long to wait before he receive a communications signal from a ship he quite frankly dreaded.

"Captain Perrin this is Janz I offer to take your place whilst you and your crew enjoy some well earned rest.
I have support ships en-route and will keep you appraised as to the tactical situation".

Your offer is appreciated sir and I will accept your offer I will transmit a coded frequency that will alert me should you need assistance.

Perrin sent the transmission then ordered a return to home base it had been a gruelling five months and his crew needed time to rest and recover from what had been an arduous tour of duty.

The Jump to the home sector was delayed by several false trails they laid but all was secure when they arrived and they set course for the equipment dock that was a welcome sight for all who watched the in system monitors as they reached final approach.

Marcus had obviously anticipated his primary intent and had a fleet of transports waiting to take his crew to their home stations.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sun, 26. Jan 14, 22:57

The War for peace:

Perrin sipped at his wine whilst Marcus studied the reports, The new Trading company was doing even better than they had envisaged in Althes and already they were getting reports of new stations being built in nearby sectors that were reducing the current shortages the Terran people were facing.

Marcus looked up finally after taking some time to consider his next move, the war was slowing almost imperceptibly but it was attrition had been the cause of that both sides were drawing back attempting to regroup and garner resources before they returned to battle.

You have succeeded beyond that which I hoped Perrin now there is but one task that you and you alone can do me you must speak to Janz alone to prevent a tragedy occurring.

"I will ask Harnn't to brief you no he will accompany you he decided but this must be done before we can move forward Janz must be acknowledged by the Split and if matters are left as they are then we will fail ".

Perrin was baffled by Marcus's words but he said he would be ready and left for his quarters in the hub.

Perrin showered and changed wondering at the changes the last few months had seen in his life there was Leese an enigma to him still who could reach him in way's he had thought impossible and then there was Marcus a man who was such a colossus that he stood almost godlike above him and he wanted his help in many ways he wished the fates had not put him in the path of such things he was just a man and he feared to fail these people.

He was surprised when Harrn't came to his rooms late that night and told him they would be leaving for Terran space the next evening.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Mon, 3. Feb 14, 20:18

A Split matter:

The Chollattha jumped into Megnir via the north gate and immediately set course for Segaris Perrin still did nor understand the need for this journey or the urgency but Marcus had assured him it was.

They soon identified the Kyoto defending the East gate and sent a request to dock with the huge ship.

The request was granted and the ships fighter screen was ordered to let them through.
The Landing was protracted to say the least but they were eventually shown to the Captains lounge where Captain Janz was waiting for them.

"You surprise me Perrin" he said rising from his chair "I assumed you would be taking a few days rest at least before returning here".

"As did I but I have a matter of urgency that needs to be addressed I understand it is a matter of honour for the Split so having made the necessary arrangements for you to speak with Lord Harr'nt I will withdraw".

Perrin Left leaving the impressive looking Split behind.

"Well Harrn't you have gone to a great deal of trouble to be here, what is it that Marcus want's ".

"My Lord is aware of my wish to speak with you but it is on behalf of the council of Rhonkar that I speak now your alliance with the family Zyarth is known what is not known is why you seek to shame them in the eyes of their peers or why they have not bought the matter to you".

"You lost me there" Janz replied "the arrangements I have made have been mutually beneficial in what way do I shame them ?".

"Your friend Cp'rrt He serves you as I do my lord does he not ? yet you bring shame upon his house by refusing to call him to service.
Further should you continue to do so then the council will rebuke family Zyarth at that point they would have to end their alliance with your self".

"My Lord Marcus would rather that did not occur for many years he has sought an end to this conflict and in you he see's perhaps his greatest chance of success".

Janz considered the Splits words it was like something out of the middle ages to practically enslave a friend went against everything he believed in.
and he told the Split just that.

"Ha this is not enslavement it is service with honour. All Split aspire to such service, you cannot imagine the loss of face your friend endures by your withholding this honour from him".

"I leave now, but hear my words and know that Rhonkar watches to see what you will do".

Return to “Creative Universe”