[TC] FROM NOTHING, A Rogue's Tale - Book I [COMPLETED]

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Jawms
x4

Post by Jawms » Tue, 11. Jan 11, 00:00

Wow.. your creativity is amazing.. Tell me, are you/planning on/already completed a course in creative writing?

Nathancros

Post by Nathancros » Tue, 11. Jan 11, 01:11

name Lucifer Argon mother, Terran Father*so a sort of halfcaste*
Paranid Persues Sentinel named "Ma Mort D'ami"
HEPTS and PBE's if pos,
Lucifer has seen atrocities, sense of humor has grown a little thin, enjoys the irony of destroying the paranid in a paranid ship, will do what the boss says, Born and bred military man but is down on his luck, so is working for money..
Hopefully i get a place in ur crew XD

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Tue, 11. Jan 11, 01:58

Moo hoo ha ha :D

Nice one Scion, can't wait to start seeing combat reports from your new squaddies :)

Jawms makes a good point, have you done any kind of craetive writing course? I only ask cos I'd like to do one myself, mebbe work as a journalist or something.

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Tue, 11. Jan 11, 02:52

Excellent chapter!
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 11. Jan 11, 12:16

Awesome introduction.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Tue, 11. Jan 11, 23:28

Jawms wrote:Tell me, are you/planning on/already completed a course in creative writing?
I have actually completed many courses and seminars and read many books on the art of writing. It's been a part of my life for a very long time, so long in fact that I really should be better at it, or at least published.

Also, I will atttempt to bring everyone interested into the story. Just give me some time ...

I'm very very pleased that you folks like what I'm doing and sincerely hope that it continues. So, without further ado:

12. Theft and Murder

768-05-04 04:36
It's a bit early. My new friends are still sleeping off the effects of a two day bender. I on the other hand am up and raring to go. I've showered, eaten and have already begun laying plans for the day. My mercs are burning through the cash at an appalling rate and considering I'm solely responsible for killing dozens of pirates yesterday I've decided I'm going to see if I can find any business opportunities in the less legal areas to both make nice with them and pad my purse. I've already checked around here in Hatikvah's Faith. There's a delivery job for some entertainment chips but, besides the fact that it's being offered by a Boron (which could cause problems with my pilots) the time limit is extremely tight and I honestly don't think any of my freighters could pull it off. There's also an Argon guy wanting a taxi but is apparently too good for anything but a passenger transport. Mine's busy (my mercs are in various stages of training and I need a ship docked at the PB in acquisition to sign them up for their next stages whenever they get done with a course) so that's out. I was just about to plot a course to Brennan's Triumph when I noticed the pirate base there has disappeared, which is somewhat disturbing as well as rather inconvenient. So for the time being we're off to the New Income area to see about work.

768-05-04 04:45
All right. It's time to wake up the crew. I just got done speaking with a Teladi named … oh hell, here we go again, Tzessosis Gradias Yayasisos the seventh, who would probably not be very happy with his name appearing in my logs but honestly if it ever comes to that I'll have bigger things to worry about anyway so whatever. Anyway, this Teladi wants a convoy destroyed and he's paying pretty well to have it done. I think I'm going to let the guys handle this one. I mean they talk a good game but who doesn't, right? I want to see what they can actually do.

So, our starting lineup looks like this:
Ea't s'Quid in his Barracuda “Ripjaw.” 4 PRG's + wasps (everybody has wasps as they're the only missiles I have that I feel comfortable arming them with at the moment)
Z'ppt in his Perseus Vanguard “Ferron” 4 HEPTs + 1 PAC for missile defense and wasps.
Ps'y Ct'ic in his Perseus “Triskelion” 4 HEPTs + 1 PAC + wasps. The Perseus is also the only fighter I currently have that has 75mj of shielding and so I've packed a couple special deliveries in his hold, although I haven't armed them yet. Namely five Tempest missiles. I figure if something goes wrong and they detonate too close to him the Triskelion's the only ship that can survive it undamaged. So at some point I may have him delivering some 60mj kicks to the head to something. So, anyhow, let's get this show on the road.

768-05-04 04:54
Well, we've pissed the Teladi off a little but not so bad they're revoking docking privileges or anything. I do hope we don't get any more missions targeting them, though. Of all the races the Teladi are the folks I feel the strongest need to play nice with. On the other hand the boys did well. In fact they did extremely well. So well I didn't even have time to grab any snapshots. They simply shredded 3 freighters and a half a dozen MKII fighter drones in seconds. Ripjaw and Ferron tended to arrive first, being the faster ships, but Triskelion landed the kill shots once the shields were down and the targets were distracted. So far I'm impressed … and we're about 1.3 million cred richer. I think I'm going to need to stock some weed and fuel on board, though. Z'ppt and Ps'y seem a little grumpy. Of course that could just be the the combination of explosions and a hangover …

768-05-04 05:01
Ok, the boys seem to be a little happier. I just made a quick rendezvous with the Beggar's Solace and stocked a couple of crates of their various poisons on board. I asked Ea't if he wanted anything and he just smiled and asked for some Boron to kill. I didn't quite know what to make of that ...

Now for some more money.

768-05-04 05:23
I just picked up another job out of the Hatikvah's Faith Pirate Base from a Split named Cai T'nnt'kt. It's another 3 freighter convoy to destroy. This time it's in Charity's End. I'm hoping it's a Paranid convoy. That would be ideal. Or even better: Boron, which would cheer up Ea't.

768-05-04 05:33
Another successful mission, although our targets were Argon, who I'd also rather not upset seeing as they are my source for high end equipment like jumpdrives, triplex scanners, transporters and docking computers. Huh. It's kind of funny: being a pirate is a political occupation.

768-05-04 05:56
So, both Z'ppt and Ps'y keep talking about these Tenjins. Now Z'ppt apparently used to work with the Yaki and he's been able to tell me enough for me to find myself impressed. They're not terribly fast. They're not slow, but nowhere near as fast as the Mamba I fly, but they do carry the same shielding as the Perseus and they have two turrets for missile defense with 360 degree coverage. Where they really shine though is the power generators. Both the shield and weapon generators are very powerful, nearly twice as powerful as Perseus, which is arguably the most powerful ship in my stable right now.

There are a couple of problems, though. The only folks who have the Tenjin are the Yaki. The Yaki are without question the most ruthless and terrifying pirates in known space. Doing business with them could just as easily result in us being blown to hell or set up for some really heinous crimes as being allowed to do business with them. In fact, it's most likely they'll use us and throw us away. Earning their respect could be terrifyingly difficult. They're also set up in a very remote sector which just happens to be on the far side of the most core of Paranid Core sectors, namely Paranid Prime the center of the Paranid empire … and I haven't exactly made myself very popular with them. Lastly, we're broke. Training these mercenaries is proving to be hideously expensive and I currently have just over 500k to my name which isn't enough to buy a single Fighter, let alone three or four and the mercs aren't even done.

It's funny, though. I think I'm made for this kind of life. See, I can think of ways around all of it. Getting to the Yaki is just a matter of using the Hot Rod. There's not much that can actually catch that little ship and Z'ppt knows the way. If he's game I could send him ahead to plot the route and then relay back gate co-ordinates so we can jump in behind him. Getting on the Yaki's good side is probably going to involve working for them. Granted, in all likelihood it'll devastate my relations with the rest of the universe, but it should also pay. Lastly, if we're going to be trading up to the Tenjins I can sell the ships I currently have to buy them. Now I haven't actually decided to go through with all of this, but I do find it interesting how fast the solutions came to me. Now Z'ppt says that the best way to get a relationship started with the Yaki is to look for them flying around the rest of the universe as they may have work if I can find them. Granted, it's going to be ugly work, but then what have we been doing all morning anyway? So I find myself mulling this over while looking for another job.

768-05-04 06:11
You know I have to admit, I'm not real good at handling temptation. I'm not. So, I was still mulling over what Z'ppt and Ps'y had told me about the Tenjins and how we might go about acquiring them while checking the local chatter for possible job opportunities. I ran across this Teladi wanting a ship returned, and judging by what he was offering I figured it was an M5, which'd be an easy pick up and delivery with Mother. Well, he didn't want an M5 returned.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l55 ... 4/Job1.jpg

Now, I'm a bit loathe to upset the Teladi any further but your bog standard Viper goes for nearly five and a half million cred. Not too mention that the kind of firepower those things throw around could come in very useful if I could actually obtain some missiles for it to shoot. Like I said, temptation, temptation, temptation. I get this feeling, though, that that fellow's never going to see his ship again.

768-05-04 06:25
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l55 ... tation.jpg

Hmmm. What to do? What to do? I mean that fellows obviously not getting his ship back. 32K vs 2.9 mil. It's not a hard choice. The question is, do I keep it or do I sell it? Right this minute I can't repair it, equip it, or most importantly arm it so it's completely useless to me … at the moment. Once equipped and armed, though … I've seen what a bomber can do to a capital ship. Having a fully armed bomber could make the difference between running for my life .. or taking a big ship apart from across the sector. I much prefer taking lives to running. It's just a personal preference, but there it is. On the other hand, I'm broke and that's nearly 3 million credits sitting there. Hmmmm. What to do? What to do?

768-05-04 06:51
Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Now, I'd think that if you had an extremely valuable ship, right, and you wanted it returned, and you were hiring somebody to go and bring it back for you … you'd offer more than just a few pennies to have it done. Right?

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l55 ... 4/job2.jpg

Now I know what a Kea goes for and it's a lot more than 36k. My guys are laughing at me. I think we're all pretty clear that this is another ship that isn't finding it's way home. Sheesh. These folks sure do make it tough to be honest. Good thing honest isn't all that important to me ...

768-05-04 07:05
In attempt to buffer some of the rep loss that is inevitable with the sale of the Kea, and I'm pretty sure I've decided the Viper as well, I took an execution. The target was in a Nova Raider. Again, the guys performed admirably.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l55 ... ution1.jpg

They work very well together. Suspiciously well together. Ripjaw and Ferron hit first and that Nova apparently decided to try and go after Ripjaw. Just as he was lining up on Ea't the other two came up from behind and proceeded to vaporize him. The target's partner, apparently upset by the murder of his friend tried to go after Ferron. Totally nonplussed, Z'ppt led him on a merry little chase while his rear turret dished out accelerated particles to the face and maneuvered him right into the oncoming fire of the Triskelion and Ripjaw. It's odd. They claim to have just met on that transport coming down from Thuruk's Beard but these boys fly together like they've been doing it for years. Not that I care, really. I'm just glad I've got high quality pilots and the cash rolling in. It's actually too bad I have to stay on the pirate's good side. Killing them is very profitable.

768-05-04 07:18
All right so I sold both the Viper and the Kea and have committed half of my mercs to another round of training at about half a mil each. We're not doing too bad, though:

Assets
1 x Pelican “Mother”
1 x Mamba “Mac the Knife”
1 x Barracuda “Overload”
1 x Kestrel “Hot Rod”
1 x Caiman Hauler “Tag Along”
1 x Demeter “Beggar's Solace”
1 x Vulture Tanker “Gas Station”
1 x Hermes “Slaver”

My Fellow Miscreants:
1 x Barracuda “Ripjaw” (Ea't s'Quid)
1 x Perseus “Triskelion” (Ps'y Ct'ic)
1 x Perseus Vanguard “Ferron” (Z'ppt)

6,541,356 credits
Last edited by Scion Drakhar on Fri, 18. Mar 11, 03:34, edited 1 time in total.
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 01:24

Oooh, I like this chapter. Told you I'm an awesome pilot. :D *barrel roll*

Ahem. How precisely are the mercs doing? You mention them being expensive, but how expensive is it to get them up to capping an M6?

Mind you I use a lot of fresh marines to do my boarding.

WildcatMB

Post by WildcatMB » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 05:45

Scion Drakhar wrote:
So, in short:
1. name and race
2. ship name and preference
3. prefered kit
4. anything you'd like to tell me about your character that may find it's way into the story.

I think that's it.
Will 'Wildcat' Stead
"Hand of god" type: what ever is given
No Preference on loadout
Exiled from Argon military for excessive violence both in and out of cockpit. Loses cool at times, killing for pure rush. Recently arrived on merc scene to try and earn a living. Scarred face from a fight with a paranid that went bad. Prefers to spend his free time with others, enjoys a drink, but doesn't smoke... Yet.
Race: human

Feel free to add him if there is room.

Olterin
xr

Post by Olterin » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 19:15

Enjoyed your last chapter as well - keep at it. I enjoyed it so much in fact that I'd like to submit a character to your mercy
Scion Drakhar wrote:So, in short:
1. name and race
3. prefered kit
4. anything you'd like to tell me about your character that may find it's way into the story.

I think that's it.
Name: Malcolm Roberts
Race: human
Ship name: "Daredevil"
Preferred kit: ideally, a Terran ship (Scimitar?), less ideally, well, anything Argon, or better yet, OTAS (the Solano will do just fine ^^) Rest of equipment is up to you
Further information: Malcolm comes from the Mars colony, he's served with the USC for two years before being thrown out last month for insubordination. Combat training, pilot training, command training, he's had it all. Right now he's in a very desperate situation - no work, and he can't find any that would suit him. suggestion: until a fitting ship can be found, how about first officer?
"Do or do not, there is no try"
"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 22:58

Triaxx2 wrote:Ahem. How precisely are the mercs doing? You mention them being expensive, but how expensive is it to get them up to capping an M6?
I've got eleven mercs. Most of them are only two star fighters, but I managed to track down a few with higher stats. Everybody gets a minimum of 3 star training across the board and those with four stars are getting trained to match their fighting ability. I actually plan on going after something a little bigger than a corvette ...

Hmmm. I seem to have more recruits than I do ships. Don't worry. I'm on it.

13. My Crew

768-05-04 08:06
Back in the old city there was this guy. I don't know what his real name was. Everyone just called him Flint. I'm pretty sure he was a soldier once, or maybe a mercenary. You could kind of tell. It was in his walk, you know? That crisp, clean stride that nothing ever quite gets rid of. When I knew him, or saw him from time to time anyway, Flint was a bare knuckle fighter for one of the illegal fighting circuits those crooked old men organize from the backrooms of their “respectable” establishments. He won sometimes. He lost sometimes. You know, depending on what he was told to do. Most of the time he was pretty beat up. He always seemed to have some sort of bruise or injury he was recovering from. He was a scary guy, old Flint. Definitely somebody you didn't want getting angry with you, although now that I think about it I don't ever remember him actually getting angry. He just always seemed like this thundercloud or something. You know, dark, scary and awesome somehow.

I remember there was this one time. There were a few kids throwing bottles at this dog, laughing when they'd hit it. Flint stopped 'em. He didn't get mad. He just told 'em to stop and they did. I'm pretty sure I would have too if Flint had been the one saying it. He just told 'em to stop and they ran off. I remember watching him crouch down a little ways away from that dog and fish something out of his pockets. I remember the way that dog looked at him. Hurt and scared but … hopeful somehow. I'm not sure what happened after that as I had things I to do that day, but afterward every time I saw old Flint that dog was with him. They were kind of the same, that dog and Flint. Old and beaten. Worn out and hurt in some fundamental way, but strong, you know. Hard.

I just met a guy that reminded me of the pair of them, Flint and that old dog. I'd just delivered 200 units of Spacefuel to the pirate base in Hatikvah's Faith for nearly 3300 cred per unit and a grand profit of a little over 500k as I've had Beggar's Solace just parked up in Herron's Nebula buying the stuff on the cheap for the last day or so. So it wasn't just easy money, it was well played money, which always makes me feel good, you know? Anyhow, I had it offloaded and then went to talk to this Teladi, Yahandis Gradias Hohindras the tenth about another job. The job fell through. It involved killing another pirate, which is something I want to avoid for a little while, at least until I feel comfortable they're not going to turn on the lasertowers over at the Acquisition PB. It's a worry, you know? I'd hate to spend all this time and money on those mercs only to have the LT's rip the ship they're in to shreds as they undock. Anyway, I was on my way back to Mother when I see this guy and these two Paranid on a collision course on the flight deck over the docking clamps. The instant I saw him I thought of old Flint and that dog. I mean this guy's a lot younger, but the rest was the same. I mean all of it. Everything from that lean, whiplash-ready military stance to that beat up, almost worn out raggedness to the steel in his eyes.

Now, normally you'd give a situation like that to the Paranid. I mean they're big and ridiculously arrogant, right? No way they're going to step aside for one itty bitty human, right? Especially not when they've also got the advantage of numbers, right? Wrong. Those two Paranid were just about on him when he looked up and then .. they just stepped aside and he walked right between 'em without missing a beat. It was fun to watch. It was subtle. There was no laserfire or fancy martial arts maneuvers, but it was without question a battle and that hard little human was the victor. … and it got my attention. So, of course, I walked up and introduced myself.

As we shook hands he looked right at me and although I was smiling he wasn't. “Drakhar,” I introduced myself.
“Lucifer,” He replied.
“Doesn't that mean the devil?” I asked.
“Or the god of light,” he replied, again without missing a beat. “It just depends on who's history you're reading.”
“Huh ...” I stared him right in the eye and he stared back. “So,” I asked, “you're not exactly scared of the Paranid then?”
“Nope.” he says, deadpan.
“Like taking 'em down a notch?”
“Absolutely.”
“What kind of work do you do …?”
“Pilot,” he says, “Unemployed. Why? You hiring?”
“You know,” I said, smiling again, “I think I am.”

So. I now have a crew of four, and I've got a good feeling about it, although now I don't have a personal ship. Z'ppt wasn't saying anything but I got the impression he really wasn't happy about flying a Paranid fighter. He doesn't say it but for some reason he seems to find everything about the Paranid distasteful. It's a bit odd in a Split although I can't say I blame him. I happen to agree, myself. Lucifer on the other hand seems to find flying a Paranid ship ironic and somewhat amusing as they happen to be his favorite targets. In any case, after the introductions were made we've put Lucifer into the Perseus Vanguard and Z'ppt now has the Mamba and I have become “Mother.” I've gotta say: I didn't see that one coming when I woke up this morning.

768-05-04 08:32
I'm finding myself very pleased with my pilots. It's a different dynamic now with Lucifer on board, but no less effective. The guys seem to break up into mutable pairs to deal with enemies, floating back and forth to cover each other. I have to say, too, that being the last guy my boys have to deal with is not an enviable position to be in:

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l55 ... ceWork.jpg

It was an opportunity to work for the Loomankstrat's Legacy pirates. The IBL forge needed some protection. I wish they'd told us who they needed protection from, as it happened to be the Split, but my boys never even blinked. They make me so proud. That taskforce never stood a chance.

768-05-04 09:48
I've been noticing an increasing number of hostile pirates and I'm thinking that my activities earlier have upset a few of them. So I've been taking on the odd mission, doing my best to avoid killing any more pirates for a while. So I accepted a couple of freelance assignments to transport military personnel, first from Thuruk's Beard to Aladna Hill, then from Aladna Hill to Light of Heart. It was kind of amusing watching all those starched and pressed military boys shuffle their feet and avoid eye contact with my pilots, especially when Ps'y lit up another of those cigar sized joints. Those poor fellows just did not know what to make of us. A little while later we transported some cartography chips from a cattle ranch in Montalaar to a satellite factory in Light of Heart. Then we returned a couple of ships. Eventually we found ourselves up in Split territory.

Cruising through Thuruk's Beard I was commed by a rather aggravated Split, named Cho t'Ztk who had apparently noticed the firepower on board my ship and asked if we would patrol Thuruk's Beard. When I asked what he needed us for he got very aggravated, said something I didn't understand in Split and then spat. Ea't happened to be up on the command deck with me at the time and when I looked at him he shrugged. “Someone doesn't believe him.” He said.
“Yeah? About what?” I asked.
“No idea.”
“Xenon.” Cho t'Ztk said. “It is a small force but more than I trust to our border patrol. Will you patrol?”
I glanced at Ea't then nodded. “Tell everyone to saddle up.”

It was pretty straightforward. Just a couple waves of Xenon fighters. They would have been overwhelming if they'd stayed together and covered each other. But instead they spread out, allowing the boys to pick 'em off. Everything was fine. We were almost done mopping up the last of 'em … when this Split freighter got involved. Bloody Split. ...Sorry!... I don't know what this guy was thinking. Maybe death and glory in a Caiman? I don't know. In any case he got right in the middle of the fight and a few of Ripjaw's Wasp warheads strafed the guy as this N ducked behind him. It was no big deal, really. A second later the N went up in a tidy little poof and those wasps didn't even bring the guy's shields down by 10%. But that bloody Caiman pilot got his panties in a twist about it and starts shooting at Ripjaw and even managed to clip him. This of course upset the guys and before I could call 'em off they vaporized that Caiman … which, in turn, upset the boarder control. Bloody hell.

So, now I've got my guys trying to dock while a couple of Jaguars and a Scorpion start trying to kill them. My guys get aggravated and then proceed to incinerate the boarder control. Which is just when this Split Military Tiger shows up and starts heading our way. Bloody bloody hell!

“Dock, damn it! We're getting the hell out of here!”

I get “Yes, Mother,” as they laugh at me. They're bloody laughing at me. I'm firing mosquitoes at the incoming missiles and comming the Tiger Captain trying to calm him down. It's not working. Eventually the guys are on board and I'm firing up the jumpdrive. We bounce out just as that Tiger entered firing range and started throwing something really nasty shot from really big guns at us. At least we got paid …

768-05-04 10:27
Fui t'Plt must not survive. It was a pretty straightforward execution. Again it went very well … at first. Fui t'Plt was flying a Pirate Nova Raider and lasted about as long as it took my guys to get him in their sites. Now I've been trying not to kill too many additional pirates beside the actual target so I call the guys back to protect Mother the instant our mark is down. This gives any pirate what wants to get away the opportunity and covers us from any that are stupid enough to give us any grief. So, all was well. The target was down, my boys were on their way back. I was just waiting for enough breathing room to have them dock and it would have been all over. Then this pirate discoverer, running from a couple Split Military Scorpions tries to use the Triskelion as cover and one Split Military Scorpion misses the pirate and clips Ps'y. Well Ps'y apparently didn't take too kindly to being shot, or just decided that this was a good time to play tag with the Split Military, whichever. It's kind of hard to tell with him. In any case he pulls a high speed 180 and vaporizes that Scorpion while flying backward … right in front of the Python that had just entered the sector through the north gate.

Again?! Really?

The inevitable happens. The Python opens up at the Triskelion and I see Ps'y dodging corvette sized gobs of death that are exploding all around him. I'm trying to get him to come back to Mother and apologize to the Python for the “accidental” fire when I hear Ps'y laughing over the comm. I then get to watch as he decides to strafe the command deck of that Python with all guns and a couple of wasps. Right. The only thing going through my mind at that particular moment was “Oh shit … “ So much for getting that Python calmed down.

This mantra starts in my brain: Think quick think quick think quick think quick think quick … then it comes to me: We're too close. I short jump to the east gate of Rhonkar's Fire and give the guys another command to dock … and pray.

“Yes, Mother,” I hear from all of them, nearly in unison. They're laughing, or at least the Split are. Ps'y is so tickled he can barely speak. A few minutes later and they're docked but that Python is still in pursuit. I try apologizing again but it's obvious that Split Captain has plans for us. Plans that involve nuclear warheads. The computer is tracking inbound missiles. It is definitely time to go …

768-05-04 11:28
So, after a lengthy screaming session which I'm sure accomplished absolutely nothing besides amusing my crew, I decided to see if we could find some work from the pirates. I found the Yaki instead. It was a Teladi in a Rajin hanging out in New Income. He was looking for someone to take out a Teladi convoy in Eighteen Billion. It was straightforward, simple, and successful. We did lose a bit of standing with the Teladi but it was our first step toward making nice with the Yaki. So I consider it a win.

768-05-04 11:32
Some lunatic just tried to hire us to patrol THROUGH X347. Yeah. Uhm. No.

768-05-04 12:42
Well. That was interesting. Some Boron wanted a ride … yeah. From us. Needless to say he didn't get were he was going. The poor thing realized he was in trouble about one second after the door closed behind him, which was the exact moment he laid eyes on Ea't. I almost felt sorry for him. So. We just left the pirate base in New Income where we delivered a very beaten, rather crispy, pathetically mewling and somewhat incomplete Boron to the slave traders. As it turns out Ea't s'Quid is more than just an affectation. It is a behavioral description. Well, at least someone's got lunch. … Oh, by the stars! ... Raw?! Really!? You're not even going to wash it….?!

Assets
1 x Pelican “Mother”
1 x Barracuda “Overload”
1 x Kestrel “Hot Rod”
1 x Hermes “Slaver”

The Boys:
1 x Mamba “Ferron” (Z'ppt)
1 x Perseus Vanguard “Ma Mort D'ami” (Lucifer)

9,101,300 credits
Last edited by Scion Drakhar on Fri, 18. Mar 11, 03:35, edited 1 time in total.
A Pirate's Story.pdf(KIA) by _Zap _ From Nothing.PDF(complete) by _Zap _ Prodigal Son(active) Original Thread, Prodigal Son_PDF

Nathancros

Post by Nathancros » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 23:35

yes mother. :D

haha and you got lucifer's attitude bloody perfect! :D

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 00:39

ROFL!

I think perhaps you should dock Ps'y weed supplies till he starts following orders properly :D He's gonna get you into trouble!

Love it love it love it love it :D

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 02:19

Mmm... Boron Potstickers. Tasty. ;)

Jawms
x4

Post by Jawms » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 03:31

1. name and race
3. prefered kit
Well, i figured i'd enlist

1. Jim Kellar, Terran
2. "Sniper" any M8/M7M, preferably a Skirnir later on
3. Flails, Hammerheads, and Boarding Pods ;)
4. Just floating through space without any purpose or direction. Calm, takes things on from a distance, likes watching the horizon light up with exploding plasma.

If you find the time and the room to fit me in, id be grateful to be a part of such a work of art.

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 21:18

This IS better than ur last one, Sicon.

Is it possible to board an M6 like the Hyperion?
No worries. You can take ur time before buying or capping the Hyperion.
Lol Eddison is crazy. Being a Terran and flying a Paranid ship.

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 22:47

Deeparth wrote:Is it possible to board an M6 like the Hyperion?
You absolutely can, and it's on the shopping list. I'll do my best to include everyone what wants in.

I'm so glad you guys are having as much fun as I am. :twisted:

14. Oh … Oh Wow.

768-05-04 13:13
Right. So. I've heard it said that you never really know someone else and I'd have to agree. I'd like to add, though, that you never really know yourself either. I mean I just watched Ea't and Z'ppt beat the snot out of that Boron … tortured it really. I mean Ea't even cut a number of it's tentacles off while smacking his lips to let the thing know exactly what was going to happen to 'em, and I watched. Not only did I watch I found myself completely undisturbed by it, which in and of itself is disturbing. I mean hell, we cauterized it's wounds with a plasma cutter and sold it to the slavers. Pretty cold-hearted stuff, right? Well it didn't end there. It turns out Ea't's a pretty good cook … I guess you'd have to be with a name like Ea't. Yeah. So. He munched on one of those Boron's tentacles like it was a piece of jerky while slicing the rest of them up into scallops. Then he sauteed them in Argnu butter and cream and added various Stott spices and some fruit I didn't recognize. The smell was intoxicating. When he put it on the table though, I felt a bit uneasy. I was the only one who did, however. I mean I can understand the Split, right? They consider Boron a delicacy. Lucifer on the other hand surprised me. He was looking over some of the sensor logs from his ship when Ea't handed him a skewer and he began eating without so much as looking up from his reading. Which pretty much meant I was the only one on the ship uncomfortable about ingesting something that, well, talks. I mean don't get me wrong. I don't give a rat's ass about the plight of that Boron. It's just … well, shit, it just felt like another rung down on this ladder that leads straight to hell. In the end, though, peer pressure (Ea't kept insisting I try it) … and that smell, that glorious smell … got to me and I discovered that Boron is actually good eating.

Mmmm.

Finger lickin' good.

768-05-04 13:48
Well, apparently the Xenon are becoming more and more of a threat in theses parts. After a quick transport for this Teladi from New Income to Eighteen Billion we were commissioned to assist in holding out against another Xenon attack force. This one was a bit more intimidating than the last. I found myself monitoring the guys carefully and pulling them back on several occasions. At one point I even had to pull the Triskellion out of the wing entirely and order the other guys to watch his ass … cuz he was getting hammered. No damage sustained , though. At least the Teladi have a decent sized military presence here and we didn't have to go it alone. It would have been ugly without that Shrike helping out … ok so maybe we were helping the Shrike out. Either way. Dead Xenon and we got paid.

768-05-04 13:52
Oooh. This doesn't look good.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l55 ... Legacy.jpg

Yes, that would be a massive Boron attack fleet in Loomankstrat's Legacy. So far all they've done is take a few potshots at the IBL forge, but it's not looking too good for the locals. Sheesh, I look at all those Boron now and all I can think of is food ...

768-05-04 14:11
A quick taxi for either a coward, a realist, or an intelligent Split. You can decide for yourself. He's alive though, and right now there's no guarantee anyone else from the IBL forge over in Loomankstrat's is. Anyhow, he abandoned ship and paid us for the taxi up to Acquisition, and he paid well.

768-05-04 15:45
Right, so the past couple of hours has been spent just making our way through Split space. At first it was a transport for another group of Split military personnel up to Scale Plate Green, which is on the other side of X347. Nothing difficult about it with a jumpdrive, though. Then a couple of ship returns and a transport from the low yield sidearms fab in Patriarch's Keep to the shipyard in Cho's defeat. After that it was another couple of abandoned ships; an Octopus Vanguard then a Falcon Hauler. I thought about stealing the Falcon but the guy was actually paying nearly a mil and a half anyway so I decided to encourage good behavior and saw it home. Which put us up in Family Whi, were we were hired to Patrol against Xenon activity. I actually got involved, too. A group of Xenon N's got past my guys and while the boys were busy tearing the heavies apart I fired a whole bunch of wasps from Mother's command deck and took out all the M5's plus a single M. It was oddly satisfying. Then I bought a secondhand Caiman Super Freighter for 69k. It's banged up all to hell but I still think it was worth it.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l55 ... ighter.jpg

Just now this Paranid at a Silicon Mine in Family Zein hired me to bring back a Jaguar. What is it with these people and losing Jaguars? Do they run off or something? Anyway, he's offering squat and he's not seeing that ship again.

768-05-04 16:03
I just sent that Jaguar over to the shipyard in Ceo's Sprite and was checking the sector map when I noticed this Boron Weapons Dealer. We're in Family Rhonkar so it's open season on the Boron. I borrowed the Mamba from Z'ppt and went hunting.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l55 ... /Swag8.jpg

More than anything I was after those Ion-Disruptors. I'm not sure why but I feel this inclination to stockpile 'em. It's too bad that pilot didn't bail, though. All afternoon I've been wondering if Ea't has any more recipes ….

768-05-04 16:08

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l55 ... Profit.jpg

That Caiman Super Freighter I bought just reached the shipyard. So it actually was a good purchase. For about 69k I just made nearly 400k in pure profit. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet, though. So, for now anyway, it's just taking up a parking space.

768-05-04 16:28
I just finished a very tight transport of military personnel from the shipyard in Cho's Defeat to the trading port in Patriarch's Retreat. I'm glad I installed a docking computer in this thing. Yeah, it was THAT tight.

Anyway, I just looked in on my guys and I think they're getting bored. Ps'y's smoking another of those ridiculous joints and Z'ppt's broken out a bottle of Spacefuel. Ea't's downloaded some sort of Split video game from the local net and is blasting away at an endless stream of aliens that look suspiciously like Boron. Lucifer on the other hand is still working with the sensor data from his ship. When I asked him about it he said the targeting computer was off. I glanced at Z'ppt and he just shrugged. Apparently he hadn't noticed. All in all though it was kind of nice to see them all. I mean we're not family or anything and I'm pretty sure any one of them would sell ME to the pirates if it came down to it. But still, it's nice to see them and have them here. You know, maybe bored is good sometimes. Bored is peaceful.

768-05-04 16:31
Ok we've got a couple more abandoned ships to go get. The first, in Family Rhonkar, is a Mamba Vanguard. Hmmm. I might just keep that one. I could use another fighter. The second is, lets see...

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l55 ... 284/Oh.jpg

Oh … oh wow.

Assets
1 x Pelican “Mother”
1 x Barracuda “Overload”
1 x Kestrel “Hot Rod”
1 x Hermes “Slaver”
1 x Caiman Super Freighter 59%

The Boys:
1 x Mamba “Ferron” (Z'ppt)
1 x Perseus Vanguard “Ma Mort D'ami” (Lucifer)

11,891,476 credits
Last edited by Scion Drakhar on Fri, 18. Mar 11, 03:39, edited 3 times in total.

Nathancros

Post by Nathancros » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 00:05

whaaaat, the best ive ever had was return heavy dragon* and you guessed it, i kept it and its being staked out in thuruks beard*

love the story XD i want those recipes now XD

hmm usualy i dont eat fishfood :D ahahahahaa

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 00:50

/me chows down on some Boron sausage

(munch munch....) so, what ya gonna do with that Cerberus then boss.... (munch, chew, munch)

Scion Drakhar
x3ap

Post by Scion Drakhar » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 01:49

So ... the Cerberus needs a name. Any suggestions?

Nathancros

Post by Nathancros » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 02:00

Scion Drakhar wrote:So ... the Cerberus needs a name. Any suggestions?
"Chimera"

Return to “Creative Universe”