All-In Company - have no fear, you've nothing to loose [DiD] (Entry 41 - Death).

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 22:46

[21st Entry]
768-05-04 14.40
Nyana's Hideout

Despite of my plans about going to a bar, the last 3 hours I were busy managing my little business. After a pint i decided to return to the Outlaw Star and set course for Omicron Lyrae to meet up with Karry.

He awaited me at the Trade Station, when I docked and we had some talk over how to handle things. He also brought some silicon wafers with him, that I promised some Goner in Elysium of Light. The Goner are religious freaks, but they are on good terms with everyone and make them my friends may give me some opportunities.

For what i discussed with Karry:
Kareen Hang currently in Charge of the Avaritia, will take over the business in the core sectors. She's the best among the new guys and well suited to handle things there.
Karry will take on business around here, build up some relations with the Teladi and keep and eye open for pilots native to these sectors. If we want to expand here, we need some guys who know whats going on. As soon as things are starting to go their way here, Karry will travel deeper into Teladi territory and set us up there.

He also helped me to decide about what to do with the fighters. Keep a long story short, I set most of them for sale and only kept the Ira and an Advanced Perseus I found. It's fast and well shielded, an appropriate tool of defense. The Iras superior speed was reason enough to keep her around for now.

I purchased a Mercury Hauler Variant, used, average condition for 200.000 and named it Invidia II in favor of the now sold fighter. I'll transport her back to Argon Core Space for use in Ore Belt, once I delivered the needed shiploads for the goner. The great freight volume will come in handy in ore-transports.
The dolphin super freighter was sold, it's not of much use to our operation in any way.

The "Green Corporation" is now well set up and deploys enough funds to take greater goals into account, in this case, the purchase of a TL-Class Mammoth or, if we get the connections set up, even an Albatross. 70 Millions that is. It's a huge investment and Karry vowed for setting up some factories first, but I don't plan on wasting money to hired crews. If they screw up, my money and my station is gone. If I screw up, it's something completely different. Karry just smiled faintly saying "You're the boss." and he's right, I am.

I'm currently heading for the local trade station. Will dock and see what the station offers me. The Star is currently back in Argon Prime to get another Jump Drive for the Invidia II. No reason to be there in person, so I'll enjoy the local culture.

Permanent Assets:
Magnetar: Outlaw Star (PS)
Mercury: Leyline (D-AP-EQ), Nod of Fate (D-OB-PLHQ), Avaritia (ST-Kareen Hang), Luxuria (ST-Gil Sahkarna), Superbia (ST-Hayla Slamer), Acedia (ST-Dal Colard), Invidia II (D-OL-TS)
Discoverer: Ira (D-Outlaw Star)
Perseus: Temperantia (D-Outlaw Star)
Caiman: Gula (ST-Karry Keppel)

Account Balance: 8.980.667

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 05:57

[22nd Entry]
768-05-04 16.20
Nyana's Hideout

The last hours changed things. Changed me, somehow. I sat in the bar, looking at the news channel they had on screen, X-News-Net or something like that, I dunno. Doesn't care about it either. What's important is, that I met a girl. No, not correct, a woman. THE woman.

Her body was like that it just turned twenty or something like that. Neither a bud anymore, nor a fully flourished cherry blossom yet. A ladyfied girl as much as a girlish lady.
Her taint bright like porcelain, while the hair was darker than black and her eyes coruscating like emeralds with a gaze sharp like a razors edge. She glanced at me just for a brief moment, even long enough for me to notice and made me admire her strength and beauty with out even raising her voice.

I can't really express what I felt about seeing her in words, it was like... like entering Savage Spur but a thousand times more intense. A beauty so amazing that it intimidates you up on sight while drawing you near itself at the same time.

When I came back to my senses, she was gone. But the bartender assured me, she was indeed not a hallucination nor a dream figure. Her real name is apparently Cora Black, but she is called by many names throughout this part of the galaxy, Black Mamba being the most popular, given to her by the Split. The boron call her Deep Trench, even Paranid seem to admire her as much as they fear her, referring to this woman in a way that roughly translates to Tainted Nova. A common, yet not really creative name used by the humans would be Kuro no Sakura, the "Black Cherry Blossom".
She's what people around here refer to as a contractor. In proper Argon language that would be everything covered by the words of gumshoe, bodyguard, mercenary, bounty hunter and assassin. Once a contract is set, a contractor pleads himself to obey it until all conditions are met, making them way more reliable than normal guns for hire, and way more expensive.

That look she gave me... somethings keeps telling me I'll see her again. Well, to be honest, every fiber of my existence longs for seeing her again. At the moment only one thing is certain to me. If I'd choose how to die, I'd want her to be the means and reason.

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Re: All-In Company - have no fear, you've nothing to loose [DiD] (Entry Twenty up)

Post by RyuKazuha » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 06:10

Damn. Anyway, if it's here, I'll might as well use it.

[23rd Entry]
768-05-04 22.22
Scale Plate Green

Not a long sleep today, only about five hours before Karry woke me up. One of the freighters he purchased was missing. He accused himself a fair bit of picking a thug and so, but I just told him to calm down and decided to take a look at it on my own. If someone takes my ships away, I've to make sure he regrets it.

Upon entering the system, the reason for the sudden disappearance of our ship became glass clear. A Xenon PX with associated fighters was one patrol in the system, scrapping every freighter it could it's hands on. With a fair bit of concerns, I set the Outlaw Star to follow the Xenon and reasonable range. They had for the Gate to scale plate green, where suddenly a heavy centaur pops up. Not one of the shiny polished ones you see sometimes docking in Argon Prime, but a really beaten up one. Looks like this one wasn't the only patrol around.
The PX engages the Centaur on sight with it's fighters swarming. While the PX is in better state, the Argon are obviously better armed and take the PX down, before the Ls, Ms and Ns shook of the three novas that guarded the Centaur and pushed it down the cliff.
The Patrol has won, but they dont reorganize properly, resulting in the whole group being scattered all over the space between me and the gate.
Good thing I've some Moskitos in stock. Now they will pay for my freighter, double, triple, something like that.
I droped the fighters and launched a missile a the last ship in the now broken formation. It recognizes me as a thread and breaks the little rest of what was a formation down bey going after the Star. 400k Shield will do to take some fire from the M, before setting the fighters to attack it. I loose some percent on the shields, but Ira and Temperantia quickly deal with the problem, allowing me to catch the attention of the next target.

4 of 8 Xenon Fighters get scrapped by my ships, before the others get past the gate. I followed them, to see there were headed, bit the only thing I found on the other side was some debris. Mission Complete I guess. However this incident had me thinking. This isn't core space, unshielded ships won't survive long, if i don't set up some defences. Karry already got some new guys running trips down here.

Permanent Assets:
Mercury: Leyline (D-AP-EQ), Nod of Fate (D-OB-PLHQ), Avaritia (ST-Kareen Hang), Luxuria (ST-Gil Sahkarna), Superbia (ST-Hayla Slamer), Acedia (ST-Dal Colard), Invidia II (D-OL-TS) Spes (ST-Leo Guste), Caritas (ST-Mikal Kayean), Fides (ST-Trosulis Yoyunis Yahinussos II)

Account Balance: 10.085.765
Last edited by RyuKazuha on Sat, 20. Feb 10, 00:06, edited 1 time in total.

Snowship
x3tc

Post by Snowship » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 22:39

Always a decision on what to do about freighters venturing into hostile areas.
Interested to see what you decide :)
[ external image ]
Vanilla Malt Gamestarts
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire"

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 00:02

Hehe, sometimes there's just no right way to do it.

I added a list to the first post as a little who's who and the ranking between the various characters that are part of Green Corporation.

[24th Entry]
768-05-05 07.32
PTNI HQ

I revised some of my earlier decisions about how to handle things. Karry informed me about a serious lack of Nostrop in the area of PTNI HQ and recommended some trade runs off-schedule for maximized income. When I visited the system myself I had a better idea. The Nostrop facilities in Scale Plate Green are in constant danger of Xenon-Attacks and supply is indeed short.
I made some deals with the local authorities who would allow me to build my own stations in the sector, if I helped them with some of their projects. Upon looking on the plans I found myself with a greedy grin. What they wanted me to build where in short two more Nostrop customers in PTNI and two Crystal Fabs, one in PTNI, the other in Scale Plate Green.
Against my former plans I hired a local captains ship and crew and deployed the facilities as ordered, before starting the construction of what is now called the "Green Corporation Nostrop Centre". At the moment the complex only contains a Nostrop Refinery and a Solar Power Plant, but I've already been contracted to develop the local economy further. The best thing about all of this though, is the security provided for free by the NNMC patrol ships in the sector.

I'll see to arrange some more contracts for Crystal Fabs. The local stations need the supply as well as I do, and every crystal fab is a nostrop customer in return. However, I wouldn't want to run one on my own, it's a pain getting enough silicon here while still making profits, so I'll let this part to the Teladi and just buy the crystals. It means less profits, but a smaller gain isn't a loss. That's something these lizards will never learn and I count on it.

"Project Leviathan" however, the acquisition of my own TL is not off the stove. I just had to act on the opportunity there. While the fabs run in their costs, I'll keep myself busy with old fashioned business. Second Hand Trade of Ships still makes good profits and allows me to stock the Nostrop Center with Freighters, salvage Missions are a piece of cake and jumping in the Ira to scan some 'roids kills time when there's nothing else to do.

Last but not least: Now that I've my own station, I moved the Leyline to it. She'll be safe and docked their until I need her. The Trade Stations Argon Prime and Omicron Lyrae will be continued to serve as base of operations for their respective divisions. I'll replace the Fides as soon as I get hands on another mercury.

Karry will act as the leader of Omicron Division and Manager of the GCNC until we find a replacement for his duty in the Division. For now I've to find someone who knows the Teladi better than any human. Someone I can trust and who is able to help me set up a division deeper in Teladi Space.

[Permanent Assets]
Ships:
Mercury: Leyline (D-PTNIHQ-GCNC), Nod of Fate (D-OB-PLHQ), Avaritia (ST-Kareen Hang), Luxuria (ST-Gil Sahkarna), Superbia (ST-Hayla Slamer), Acedia (ST-Dal Colard), Invidia II (D-OL-TS) Spes (ST-Leo Guste), Caritas (ST-Mikal Kayean)
Vulture: GCNC Alpha, GCNC Beta

Stations:
Green Corporation Nostrop Center (Funds: 500.000 Ships: 2)

Account Balance: 8.261.227

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 15:59

[25th Entry]
768-05-05 10.40
PTNI HQ

I think the Xenon have some Issues with the name of "Fides". In other words: today I lost another freighter, the Fides II, meant as replacement for the Fides destroyed by that PX-Patrol. This time it was a Q in Scale Plate Green and I reached the sector right in time to see my ship get blown up. These damn Xenon.

I think I lost my temper out there. The fraction of a second later I was sitting in the Temperantia making my way to the Q at 210m/s and loading my guns. 2 PAC and 2 PBE. I was well aware I had no real guns to use against it and I was never trained as a fighter pilot, but I had the spirit, and the spirit told me: If you have few, you better make it count.

First I loaded the PBEs since I knew, they pack the hell of a punch to the shields, way more than the PACs would, so giving them the maximum of energy would be good. When I arrived, the Q was busy setting a weapons dealer in flames, what allowed me to make a point with my first volley. Guns blazing I attacked from the side, evading the green lances of the enemies defensive HEPT-Turrets. A quick glance gave me the direction for the next assault: no upper turret and a lot of space there.

The fight kept going on several minutes, after my second volley, it had finished the Trader and was after me now, but I steered, straved and utilized my booster like a full blooded combat pilot to keep it from getting a lock on me. The occasional HEPT lance when I was to slow evading where absorbed by the shields.
Eventually I got the help of a bypassing pirate ship, armed with these plasma-flamethrowers I don't know the name of. A nova, considerably less fast than I was. I'd lowered the shields to about 1 percent, and we decided to work together. I was in charge of keeping the guy distracted and he'd flame it the bad way.
Another two or three minutes later the Q was a goner. I wasn't payed for the wreck, but I didn't did it for money or glory, I just had to do it for revenge, revenge for my dear little freighters and for Trosulis.

Meanwhile, the Nostrop Center is bringing in a huge amount of credits together with the new guys of the Omicron Lyrae Division. I also got to purchase and sell a Nova Raider, profit near 500.000.

[Permanent Assets]
Ships:
Mercury: Leyline (D-PTNIHQ-GCNC), Nod of Fate (D-OB-PLHQ), Avaritia (ST-Kareen Hang), Luxuria (ST-Gil Sahkarna), Superbia (ST-Hayla Slamer), Acedia (ST-Dal Colard), Invidia II (D-OL-TS) Spes (ST-Leo Guste), Caritas (ST-Mikal Kayean)

Stations:

Account Balance: 12.269.310
Last edited by RyuKazuha on Sat, 20. Feb 10, 16:35, edited 2 times in total.

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 16:12

It might be a good idea if you also listed your flying time every now and then. There may be players who don't don't understand the game clock.

Very good so far, I look forward to reading more.

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Sun, 21. Feb 10, 00:01

Will do and thanks.

Gametime: ~4 Days 21h

Sure not the fastest game ever played. :P Well, the protagonists of fast games usually don't sleep in game. :D

[26th Entry]
768-05-05 20.36
PTNI HQ

The times between my Entries seems to rise. It's mostly because I've less time to record them, since I'm busy with the administration of our new assets.

Karry added two new Pilots to his Division, first Yagosias Hanirases Dasinos IX who will operate the Invidia II in Profit Center Alpha and second Horasumas Hebalisos Gustiasanis VII assigned to the Fides III currently positioned in PTNI Headquarters to be safe from Xenon-Attacks.

GCNC is doing fine, in fact, we've a good surplus of E-Cells I don't cell them though, since I wasn't able to lift the Crystal-Production in the nearby sectors jet. However I was able to... delay plans for another Nostrop Refinery in the Area. Had to chancel the suggestions some for other assignments as well, since I hadn't the funds, the notoriety or the means to get materials over here from Ianamus Zura. With my own TL half of them wouldn't be a problem at all, but for now I'm stuck.

So I turned to some other assignments for the time being. Got a lucky Taxi-Mission, two persons from the local Shipyard to the Scale Plate Green Crystal Fab for 3.3 Million, quite a payout for no work. Than a Mission to retrieve a Express from New Income, 2.5 Million, another easy money-thing.

I also started cooperations with the Goner. They've heard of my reliability in the construction sector and wanted me to help them build up their Temple. Simple and well payed jobs all the time.

The market for local ships however has been dried out for the last couple of hours. The best selling purchase was a Harrier Hauler.

I'm going to sleep now, I've been awake way to long.

[Permanent Assets]
Ships:
Mercury: Leyline (D-PTNIHQ-GCNC), Nod of Fate (D-OB-PLHQ), Avaritia (ST-Kareen Hang), Luxuria (ST-Gil Sahkarna), Superbia (ST-Hayla Slamer), Acedia (ST-Dal Colard), Invidia II (ST-Yagosias Hanirases Dasinos IX), Spes (ST-Leo Guste), Caritas (ST-Mikal Kayean)
Vulture: GCNC Alpha, GCNC Beta, Fides III (Horasumas Hebalisos Gustiasanis VII)

Stations:
-GCNC Solar Power Plant L
-GCNC Nostrop Refinery L

Account Balance: 23.250.922

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Sun, 21. Feb 10, 05:58

[27th Entry]
768-05-06 07.39
Argon Prime

I finally made it, project Leviathan was a success and right now I finish outfitting this beast of a Freighter at the Argon Prime Equipment Dock. When I woke up about three hours ago, there was still a gap to close to the thirty million I aimed for before purchasing this ship.
But fortunately my Teladi Friends really like to build factories over and over, so I got two more buildings contracts with about 2 Million profit each an now it's done.

I also somehow lost GCNC Beta and had to replace it. While on it, I also purchased another used Vulture to aquire crystals for the Powerplant. Now that I have the Leviathan, I'll need a hell lot more e-cells to jump it.

I think about adding my own flower farms for safer supply, but right now the farms in Scale Plate Green do just fine supplying me, so it won't be necessary to rush the decision. I'll also need to consider a defensive wing for my new asset. She's some turrets, but that won't be enough. Maybe some falcon haulers. They're well shielded and will help load freight onto the ship. I'll also have the Outlaw Star around once this ship is fully operational. Next I'll need some crew, flying this thing with the AI is a pain and while I'm somewhat able to patch a fighter or a small freighter, I don't know how to maintain such a huge ship in excellent condition.

The GC Leviathan is now our official flag ship, for the moment, I just want to sit back and enjoy the moment and dream of this woman...

And maybe drop by to see what the Goners want me to do, I smell an easy penny.

[Permanent Assets]
Ships:
Albatross: GC Leviathan (PS)
Magnetar: Outlaw Star (D-PTNIHQ-GCNC)
Mercury: Leyline (D-PTNIHQ-GCNC), Nod of Fate (D-OB-PLHQ), Avaritia (ST-Kareen Hang), Luxuria (ST-Gil Sahkarna), Superbia (ST-Hayla Slamer), Acedia (ST-Dal Colard), Invidia II (ST-Yagosias Hanirases Dasinos IX), Spes (ST-Leo Guste), Caritas (ST-Mikal Kayean)
Vulture: GCNC Alpha, GCNC Beta, GCNC Gamma, Fides III (Horasumas Hebalisos Gustiasanis VII)

Stations:
Green Corporation Nostrop Center (Funds: 500.000 Ships: 3)
-GCNC Nostrop Refinery L

Account Balance: 2.051.186

Added Rule:

No repair laser-maintenance for Capital Ships.

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Sun, 21. Feb 10, 09:29

[28th Entry]
768-05-06 11.23
PTNI-HQ

Hours of construction lie behind me. After a got some rest, PTNI-Head Quarters turned in about half a dozen of different constructions assignments.
I trashed the Idea of building a Nostrop Refinery for my scaled Friends once more and promised them to build one on my costs to sell them more Oil. However, the two M-sized Flower Farms where build right to plan, one in Scale Plate Green, another in Profit Center Alpha, wich means a safe supply of flowers even if the Xenon decide to level Scale Plate Green in a full sized attack.

After I used the Leyline as Command Ship to scout the way for the Leviathan (you really don't want someone to be within vicinity of the gate when this beast jumps in), I'm know back on the Outlaw Star and the Leyline is safely docked once more at GCNC.
The Leviathan is currently drifting near the South Gate of Profit Center Alpha, as I don't want her in a crowded sector like PTNI without purpose.

At the moment what I need is a crew to run her properly. I'm able to direct her via remote control, but I'll need at least 5 to 10 professionals to ensure maintenance and a maximum of efficiency. Maybe I should intensify my cooperation with the nearby mercenary base to find someone reliable. Maybe even some contractors. They are told to be scarce and expensive, but money is meant to be invested and I already have plenty again.

[Permanent Assets]
Ships:
Albatross: GC Leviathan (PS)

Stations:
Green Corporation Nostrop Center (Funds: 500.000 Ships: 3)
-GCNC Nostrop Refinery L

Account Balance: 13.284.428

New goal:

Recruite and Train 20 Marines

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Sun, 21. Feb 10, 22:22

[28th Entry]
768-05-06 20.58
PTNI-HQ

Luck is a free-standing ladder with burning feet.

Just half an hour I stumbled over a used Argon Centaur for sale at Omicron Lyrae. It had some scratches, but I can't understand what drove the owner to sell this Ship at a price of 2.7 Million Credits. Even with the repairs and upgrades that had to be done it cost me only about 4 Million to get the Ship in a proper Condition, thats 5 Million short from the usual price. Money enough to empty the PBG-forge in the sector next to PTNI. Armed with these as main guns and PRGs in the turrets, it should teach fear to the enemy. At least, every enemy not considerably larger or with capital grade firepower, since this is apparently not an Outfit to easily take down caps. I just wanted it to be a Craft able to get on with the P's, Q's and their blood pack of fighters.

So I got the Centaur, called it Behemoth and equipped it, purchased three Falcon Hauler Variants as freight drones and heavy defense force for the Leviathan and did some really well payed construction jobs, that kept to give me the opportunity to add weapon and equipment fabs to the sector without paying and running them myself.
After that, my ladder burned, pretty much literally. First I got a destress call from the Goners, who'd one of their high representatives taken hostage by some pirates.

In good hopes about my new little fleet I went after them eventually regained the True Light Seeker (They abandoned her, so I actually didn't do much.
Whatever, The falcons together with the Temperantia and the Ira, as well as with the Outlaw Star dealing with all the missiles and the Leviathan providing some backup and a very intimidating look (though the only time it made real damage was when I jumped the Ship in the Sector, making her "clear" the area in front of the gate with the help of it's shields and a huge mass).

However, things got difficult when the pirates started to send dozens of drones after me. The firestorms unleashed by the Behemoth proved her name right, but since most of the drones where near me, she couldn't attack without flaming me also.
Finally I gave up on the try to break through and retreated. No casualties, but something worth to be remembered the next time.

I returned to PTNI and decided to go with what I did best: building stations where others needed them to be, without being picky about the provided funds.

I also decided that I'd be necessary to add a Flower Farm to the GCNC, because I allready lost three freighters to Xenon-Patrols in Scale Plate Green. Two Flowerfarms are needed to maintain my production of oil, one is in Profit Center Alpha, so the second would need to be here, complexed.

That the moment the allready burning ladder leaned towards the side and send me flying. A software malfunction sraped the placement process and planted the flower directly at my door stairs. Crap. In the End I had to blow up my nice wonder of architecture and to rebuild the tubes and the hub. It did cost money, nerves and on top of all that, it looks like a big chunk of scrap metal now.

[Permanent Assets]
Ships:
Albatross: Leviathan (D-PTNIHQ-SY)
Centaur: Behemoth (D-PTNIHQ-GCNC)

Stations:
-GCNC Nostrop Refinery L
-GCNC Flower Farm M

Wings:
Gold - 3 Falcon Hauler (D-Leviathan)
Silver - 4 Kestrel (D-Leviathan)

Account Balance: 12.817.664

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Tue, 23. Feb 10, 00:29

I have to leave the sector for some time soon, it's pissing me of more and more. I made more money with building customers for my nostrop, while suppressing every attempt to build new Nostrop Refineries or Flowerfarms.

Most of the money was spend afterwards to expand the GCNC-Complex with 2 Crystal Factories (1L, 1M) to supply the Solar Power Plant, 4 new Flower Farms (all M) to supply the old and the new nostrop refineries (both L) with Sunrise Flowers. I took some pictures for the memories after 2 hard hours of work placing the assets.

[ external image ][ external image ]

Furthermore we set up a Mining Operation for Silicon on the best asteroid we could find in Profit Center Alpha (33 yield, L-Mine) to supply the needed Silicon Wafers to get the Crystal Factories running. At the moment the process isn't really balanced, but Karry is on it and hopefully we'll soon have the production running perfectly.

What bugs me, is my bad luck. I got in an argument with the some pirates involving the base in the unnamed Sector next to PTNI becoming hostile. I was able to cool the heat with some hundred thousand credits, but somebody forgot to turn the laser towers back neutral, so I'm under fire every time I enter the perimeter. Nothing the shields wouldn't absorb, but annoying.

Also, now that I withdrew my freighters from Scale Plate Green and set up base in Profit Center, the Xenon get quite and the Kha'ak send some Clusters to purge Profit Center. Time to get Behemoth ready and take care of its duties. With the falcons as backup things should go well. Kestrels would be good against the Scouts but are way to under shielded to fight Kha'ak.

Last but not least I got some, 10 to be precise, Contractors on my list. They are currently involved in other contracts, but all have agreed to work for me afterwards. Quite a manifold bunch, Argon, Teladi, Split, Paranid, even a boron among them. All highly skilled professionals who will bee needed in the next step to take on. I need a base ship for some mobile mining operations and I do not intend to buy it.

Before I forget it: I lost another ship. Guess its name...

[Permanent Assets]

Ships:
Discoverer: Ira (Scanning-SPG)
Kestrel: Mach 2 (D-Outlaw Star), Silver 1-4
Falcon: Gold 1-3

Stations:
-GCNC Nostrop Refinery L 2x
-GCNC Flower Farm M 5x
-GCNC Crystal Factory L
-GCNC Crystal Factory M

GC Silicon Mine (Funds: 0 Ships: 0)

Wings:
Silver - 4 Kestrel (D-Leviathan)

Account Balance: 9.055.639

Gnah, not a good start for the sixth game day. GoD seems to hate the Name Fides and keeps getting his minions kill ships with that name wich is quite funny, because "Fides" means the cardinal virtue of belief. It's the only ship to get destroyed every time within several hours.

For those who didn't get into the names of the ships, I was reading an article about the capital sins when I named the first of the ST-Freighters, so I choose to name the first seven after the capital sins, and some of the following after the cardinal virtues, while the Capitals so far are named after two of three biblical beasts (Ziz has yet to come).

If you have some suggestions concerning "themes" for naming or explicit names, please let me know, I don't think I'll give away positions in this DiD, but I'll gladly name a ship in favor of my readers, or two, even a dozen if you give me enough names (and some time :P).

I also want to encourage every reader to give me some feedback. I recognize people entering this thread and I won't stop if you don't post, but it's way more rewarding to actually get to know the ones reading this. (=
Last edited by RyuKazuha on Tue, 23. Feb 10, 09:56, edited 1 time in total.

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Tue, 23. Feb 10, 00:36

Since you are using Biblical names, how about using the names of angels.

Your pictures are too big, and are against forum rules - it's best to put them in "img" tags.

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Tue, 23. Feb 10, 01:01

Allready fixed the pictures issue right after i saw the post myself. I made a mistake code wise. ^^

Angels are noted.

X1000

Post by X1000 » Tue, 23. Feb 10, 05:29

Loving the DiD, and the names. For a suggestion, why not use greek gods?

Olympians, the best known:

* Aphrodite - Goddess of love and beauty. Her son was Eros, the god of love. She is also believed to have kept a watchful eye over sailors.
* Apollo - Beautiful god of the light, medicine and music. Apollo represents order, harmony, and civilization
* Ares - God of war. He had an affair with Aphrodite, and was father to many children.
* Artemis - Goddess moon, forest, childbirth and the hunt. Although she was associated with childbirth and children, Artemis was a virgin.
* Athena - (Athene) Daughter of Zeus and goddess of wisdom and war and the patron goddess of Athens. Like Artemis, she was a virgin goddess too.
* Hades - God of the Underworld.
* Hephaestus - God of fire and the forge. Mated to Aphrodite.
* Hera - Queen of the Gods, wife of Zeus, protector of marriage.
* Hermes - The messenger of the gods, god of business. He was a very smart child, inventing the lyre by using a tortoise's shell when he was only a newborn baby.
* Hestia - Goddess of home, symbolized by the hearth which holds the ever-burning flame.
* Poseidon - God of the sea and earthquakes. As god of the seas Poseidon held great power, and could calm the waves or create terrible storms. He had an unreliable temper, and used his powers to generate fear and punishment on people as revenge.
* Zeus - King of the Gods, god of the sky, symbolized by the thunderbolt. As the ruler of the Olympian gods, Zeus held enormous power and almost absolute authority. His role was primarily to watch over the activities of the other gods, and make sure they weren't exceeding their powers.

Or the Titans:

(Ill just post a link, :wink: )
http://www.babynamestats.com/greekgods.html

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Tue, 23. Feb 10, 14:45

[29th Entry]
768-05-07 11.10
PTNI-HQ

Couldn't sleep, had to get out of PTNI immediately to not go insane. I just hopped in the Mach 2, disabled the dampers and fired the engine. There's no feeling like being accelerated to 216km/h in an instant. You feel the punch pressing you forward, forcing the air out of your lungs. The pupils dilate, blood boils in the veins and time freezes for a brief moment. Exiting, dangerous. If I had a faster ship, I'd do the same - and probably not survive.

However, I used the time I'd normally spend sleeping to explore further and map all of the Core Sectors remaining, wich means Split, Teladi and Boron, Core Space is now explored and ready to be filled with some more traders. I thought to relocate Kareen into boron space, but she refuses and wants me to promote one of here Trade Agents, will look into it when I've found some sleep.

One my way I bought several ships to repair and sell them, not all of them have yet reached the GCNC. I also got some construction contracts done to improve our relations with the split.

And I've to remember replacing Silver 3, damn pirates.

Depending the GCNC: The output is pretty much more than GCNC Alpha can take care of, but need Beta to RC the exchange of E-Cells and Wafers between the Mine and the Center. I think I should add the Leyline to it to sell wares, until I got a proper replacement.

[Permanent Assets]

Ships:
Discoverer: Ira (Scanning-SPG)
Kestrel: Mach 2 (D-Outlaw Star), Silver 1,2,4
Falcon: Gold 1-3

Stations:
-GCNC Nostrop Refinery L 2x
-GCNC Flower Farm M 5x
-GCNC Crystal Factory L
-GCNC Crystal Factory M

GC Silicon Mine (Funds: 0 Ships: 0)

Wings:
Silver - 3 Kestrel (D-Leviathan)

Account Balance: 21.192.950

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Wed, 24. Feb 10, 00:33

[30th Entry]
768-05-07 15.06
Nopileus' Memorial

A Number of Decisions where made in the last hours. I assembled Karry and Kareen on board of the Outlaw Star to discuss further progress. The ship was chosen to be sure, there would be no one listening to us and we also set course for the lawless Systems to hide.
This may be a bit to much collusiveness for a sole business meeting, but I had to do with opening my plans to both of them.

I'm tired of building stations for others, I'm tired of choosing new pilots for my trade ships and loose half a million to every Xenon, Kha'ak or Pirate that's in bad mood. I'm also tired of administering the GCNC to assure the flow of Silicon Wafers is steady without flooding the station.

However, this is necessary business, so I won't just abandon it. But I'll make some things different from this moment on. I'll not longer wait for contracts to spring up, but I'll go pirating, and I'll jump into the illegal business, Fuel and Weed in the lawless sectors to make some more credits and give me a base of operations.

I also intend, as hinted previous, to steal some Capital Ships of the TL-Class to fund future investment without having to wait days for the pay out.
At first, both of them where shocked. Not so much by the pure fact that piracy is considered as income, but by the fact that > I < suggested it. We soon came to an arrangement, that has Karry leading the legal side of Green Corporation, while Kareen will contact "some old friends" among the pirates and eventually the Yaki, to set up "Jareth's Pleasure" as a manufacturer of illegal goods and base of operations for the pirate activities led by me.

Writing this, I already did my first runs (after setting up a fuel distillery in Hatikvah's Faith) and was able to grab 4 1GJ Shields from a Teladi High-Tech Dealer, along with some missiles and PACs given to me by a kind boron. Both needed few convincing, barely a serious dent to their shields and a little "Don't you think we should just skip the fight and share the ware?" talk. Worth it i think.
Last edited by RyuKazuha on Wed, 24. Feb 10, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

X1000

Post by X1000 » Wed, 24. Feb 10, 06:55

OhhOhhhOh! Pirating...

Fastest way to die in a DiD. :(

And you were doing so good... :cry:

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Wed, 24. Feb 10, 13:16

Hehe. Remember the title and have no fear, I'll not die that fast. The Temperantia hasn't a JD for no reason and I notoriously scan even M5 for drones. Targets with Escorts are invalid targets, as are such with more then 4 Drones aboard or weaponry that could seriously give a Advanced Perseus trouble.

Since I'm harmless to this point of the game, I wont count on bailing pilots, just approach, stripping the shields and kindly ask for some freight two or three times before Sry-K-Thx-Bye-Maneuver.

The trick with piracy is to choose a well suited target (high value freight, no escorts, less than five drones, no associated military likely to enter the sector) than make the fight hard and short.

Most freighters with a low drone-count only swarm them, when getting their hull damaged under about 85%, so as long as you avoid this, you're good to go.

And if worst comes to worst, there's the outlaw star stationed within a 4km radius with a transporter device and the Mach 2 aboard, so even if the drones chew through the shields of the Temp, I might loose her, but not my life. Nothing catches a 600m/s Kestrel.

Return to “Creative Universe”