What Buck_Rogers DiD. (Now a `join in` game!)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

X1000

Post by X1000 » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 21:02

Ohhh! Dose this mean another chapters up next? :)

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 23:33

Yes it does. :D Playing the chapter just now. ;)
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

X1000

Post by X1000 » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 20:11

/me sits cross leged in front of Mr. Buck_Rogers, and waits for his story.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 2. Mar 10, 10:24

17. Picking on the Pirates

After a while sitting in the bar, with the boys, trying to ponder my next move. My intel network screams a warning at me.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00172.jpg

It appears the Kha'ak have decided to give Ore Belt a pounding! That posed too much of a danger to my Vulcan. So, my best course of action, was to get Toki Sillarn to jump to Teldai gain and wait it out. I just had to hope the shields on "TigerInc Silicon Mine 1" could hold out. At leaset until the authorities arrived. In the mean time, Toki could accompany me on any other jobs I picked up. It was'nt long after "Lazy Geordie" docked and I got on board, that I got another warning from my intel network.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00162.jpg

2 Pirate Busters, a Harrier and a Kea. Although the Kea is someway back from the other 3. That gives us a chance to take on the smaller craft and leave the M3 to it's own devices. So, since I had nothing else to do, I message the boys the Teladi Gain sector map. All 6 of them then quickly undock. However, this time I would not be scanning the pirates. 4 against 1 is too much of a risk. 4 against 6 is much better odds! :D I glance in the directions of Toki as I start to undock. the look on his face said it all!

"Don't worry mate. We won't be anywhere near the fighting!" I said as I pointed the nose of "Lazy Geordie" towards the South Gate.

I then cut the engines after a wee bit, eventually bringing the ship to a stop. Before issuing the order to Sabre Squadron to attack the lead Pirate Buster.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00164.jpg

I'm glad there was a bit of a gap between the 1st 3 Pirate ships and the Kea. I doubt even the Harrier's would last long against that, if it decided to join in! I just hoped there was enough distance between the 1st 3 and it to take them out, before it could attack.

So, I watched the lads, as I kept one eye on the Kea.

In they waded, as the lead Buster was trashed on Sabre Squadron's 1st attack run. Then the other 2 Pirates broke from their formation and turned to launch an attack of their own. The good thing about Pirate groups, is that they are not usually very co-ordinated. As the Harrier got a bead on "Oops" and the remaining Buster had his eye on "Shoot That Guy". Had they both concentrated on the same target we probably would have lost a ship. As it was they both still managed to deal some damage though. "Oops" was down to 87% hull integrity, before his wing mates came in on their next run and took down his attacker. "Shoot That Guy" was down to 92% before the same fate befell his aggressor.

With the last of the group down, I called an immediate withdrawl from the area. The Kea was within 10k of us by this point, so we all headed West as fast as possible. luckily, the Kea decided not to give chase! PHEW! I guess loyalty is not a Pirates strong point! :D Once we were far enough from the remaining Pirate, I relaxed, but only for a moment. My intel network screamed another warning at me! Checking the sector map in Ceo's Buckzoid reveals, a damaged Pirate Falcon. Hmmmmmm........Strange. Wonder what trouble he got himself into? No matter, he is about to have more trouble, in the form of us!

"Up for more Pirate bashing boys?" I called out over the comm channel.

"Just tell us where he is boss" Typical Mckenna, still has an attitude!

"He's in Ceo's Buckzoid. Just exited the West Gate, heading for the East one. I'll see you there!" I reply.

I call out "Inferno", from the Trading Station and quickly change over to it. I then tell Toki Sillarn to make his way to Ceo's Buckzoid aswell, but without using his Jump Drive. Whilst I accelerate off into the distance. There's a reason why I changed to "Inferno", As you'll see shortly. ;)

Exiting the East Gate, I set my sites on the Falcon in question and head off in his direction. As I approach, I try and keep at least the maximum distance required, between me and him to line up a cargo scan. Although I hold back from carrying it out, until Sabre Squadron are in position. So, I use this time to check inferno's database, to see who scored what kills from the previous Pirate group

Speedy & Apollo's Stats
Jack & Fendalis's Stats
Frozen's stats
Mckenna's stats

So, 1st kill for Speedy, total bounty 7280 cr, 2nd kill for Jack Jomar, total bounty 7280 cr and 3rd kill for Frozen, total bounty 46800 cr. I think I'll have to consider him for a promotion at this rate! :D So, it looks like Jack and Speedy trashed the Buster's and Frozen got the Harrier.

As Sabre Squadron enter formation, after exiting the Gate, I start the cargo scan on the Falcon. To my total and utter horror, the bugger starts to turn towards me! As I yank back the stick, to go verticle and hit the Boost Extension, I find the reason why the Falcon turned.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00167.jpg

The bugger is a smuggler! Guess I now know the reason why his ship is damaged. Obviously the authorities caught him earlier, but he fought them off. Well, not this time! I wait until I'm out of weapons range, before I issue the attack order to Sabre Squadron. It's then that I get my idea!

I check my target sensors and see the falcon is still heading my way. So I decide to cut the thrusters and slow down! To make him think I'm having engine trouble, but only just enough so that he closes on me VERY slowly! ;) I then manouver "Inferno" so that I'm heading AWAY from Sabre Squadron. This means that It'll take longer for them to catch up, but now the Falcon is also facing away from them. I just hope my plan works!

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00169.jpg

Woohoo! It did! With the Falcon's butt facing the boys when they opened fire, he had no time to turn and fire back at them before he met his end. Scratch another Falcon and add a 3rd Falcon kill to Frozen! lol he seems to like chewing on them! He now stands at 4 kills in total. although, there was no bounty on this one.

Frozens stats

Not a bad return today. 4 Pirates bit the dust and just a few wee scratches to my ships. Just a shame none of the Pirates ejected. Could have collected some more bounty on them. Meh, no matter, I'm happy :D Or I will be once we get away from this lot!

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00168.jpg

EEK!

Game time = 3D 19h 02mins
Ranks = Harmless/Broker
Cr = 2.2 million

Non combat orientated assets:

1 x Silicon Mine L "TigerInc Silicon Mine 1"
9 x Advanced Satellites
1 x Mercury "Happy Hauler"
1 x Discoverer "inferno"
1 x Terracorp Vulcan "Lazy Geordie"
1 x Octopus Vanguard "Universe Explorer"

Combat capable assets:

6 x Harrier Sentinal "Sabre Squadron"
"Ascendant"
"Dragonfire"
"Damnation"
"Shoot that Guy"
"Oops"
"Warbird"

Going to add something else here. I think it's a good idea ;)

TigerInc TopGun Rankings

Rank-------Pilot-------No. of kills
1st--------Frozen----------4
2nd-----Jack Jomar-------2
3rd-------Speedy----------1

Now We will see who's the best of the best :D I'm only going to note the top 3 rankings. As the list will eventually get too long. ;)
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

travisdh1
x3tc

Post by travisdh1 » Tue, 2. Mar 10, 17:58

Speedy smiles. I like this boss, we get some action and he doesn't try to com me in the middle of scanning asteroids.

Only one kill so far, I'd rather not have scratched the paint up but needs must and I was up to play the ginny pig.

"Hey pirate, I stole you're booze."

Got his attention all right, thankfully the other guys were on the ball :)

PS - love you're idea of the TopGun rankings, and I even made the first list :D

X1000

Post by X1000 » Tue, 2. Mar 10, 23:46

Great chapter! Welcome back, Bucky!

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 3. Mar 10, 22:06

travisdh1 wrote:Speedy smiles. I like this boss, we get some action and he doesn't try to com me in the middle of scanning asteroids.
Thanks, I do try! :D
travisdh1 wrote:"Hey pirate, I stole you're booze."
You had better not have any of that on your ship! I operate a strict no weed + no booze policy. Pilots "under the influence" tend to do stupid things with nukes! ;)
travisdh1 wrote:PS - love you're idea of the TopGun rankings, and I even made the first list :D
Thanks again. I did hope you would like it :D
X1000 wrote:Great chapter! Welcome back, Bucky!
Cheers matey. Stay tuned. You shall be joining us shortly. I hope ;)

Just a short chapter here fellas. Mainly because it's like the title says, "Admin Duties". So it's a bit of boring one I'm afriad!

18. Admin duties

After the excitement of yesterday, I settle down, to get on with some boring admin! :D I tell Sabre Squadron to take themselves a well earned break and get on with the paperwork.

Oh, but not before I get a strange comm from Na t'Pst. Seems he has been contacted by the Gonar and they are requesting his presence? Something about his initiation into Priesthood? Meh, whatever floats your boat matey. So I let him go. Making sure to warn him about taking good care of his Octopus, as I'll be needing it at some point. He informs me he'll take very good care of it, before he sets off. Let's just hope he comes back!

I still find it laughable to have a Split pilot, flying a Boron ship, who is about to join the Gonar, in my ranks! :lol:

Next, I check on the state if Ore Belt & Ceo's Buckzoid

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00182.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00181.jpg

OK. Seems the authorities have indeed got their Bastu's into gear and have exterminated the bugs! Good to know. I can now get Toki Sillarn back to work and start Sabre Squadron's patrols again. However. Instead of sending him back in "Lazy Geordie" I notice my bank has enough cash in it now, to buy a new freighter for either him or Nil Rana. So, checking over the local retail ads for the freighter's I would like, I find one of them is available in Family Tkr. A Caimen Super Freighter to be precise. So it looks like my Universe Trader will be the one getting the new ship. No matter though, because that gives me an idea. I can use the Mercury that will be vacated by Nil Rana as my CAG pilots new ship. Meaning I get my Vulcan back :D YAY!

So. After changing ships to "Lazy Geordie" again and reaching Family Tkr. I start the docking process at the shipyard.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00175.jpg

Once on board I head for the showrooms to buy a Caiman Super Freighter. They only stock they 2nd version, with the smaller cargo hold, but it'll do for now. It's also only available in 'M' size just now, but I don't have the patience to wait for an 'L' to become available. So an 'M' it is! I get my 2 pilots to dance. Or in other words, swap them round. Meaning my new setup is as follows:

Nil Rana (level 25 Universe Trader) now pilots a Caiman Super Freighter. With Max cargo, rudder & engine. I named it "Profit Maker 1" I bet even the Teladi would have been proud of that name! lol

Toki Sillarn (TigerInc Silicom Mine 1 CAG) is now piloting the Mercury "Happy Hauler" She has now been re-named "TI-SM1-T1". Which translates into: TigerInc-Silicon Mine 1-Trader 1. No upgrades were required for this ship, as it was already maxxed out. The only thing I did with it, was to swap out the Trade Command Software MkIII to my new Super Freighter.

Once all that was sorted out, my next task was to finish kitting out my new Universe Trader's ship. So, checking "Inferno's" computer again, I find the stations I need for weapons and shields. Getting Nil Rana to jump to Cloud Base South East, She dock's 1st at the Medium Shield Complex and buy's 4 x 25MJ units. I then get her to visit the Equipment Dock in the same sector, to sell the 4 x 5MJ units that came with the Super Freighter. Last stop is the PAC Production Complex in Paranid Prime, for another 3 x Alpha Particle Accelerator Cannon's. These are to go with the 2 that came with it. With the outfitting of "Profit Maker 1" now complete, I set Nil Rana away again. Making sure to configure her ships computer 1st, with the list of no-go sectors she had on the Mercury. Better safe than sorry! :D

Turning my attentions to my now CAG-piloted-Mercury, I instruct him to jump back to Ore Belt and get back to work.

Well, after all that I'm left with the fine sum of 44k!

Game time = 4D 2h 30mins
Ranks = Harmless/Broker
Cr = 44k

9 x Advanced Satellites
1 x Mercury "TI-SM1-T1"
1 x Caiman Super Freighter "Profit Maker 1"
1 x Discoverer "inferno"

Combat capable assets:

"Ascendant"
"Dragonfire"
"Damnation"
"Shoot that Guy"
"Oops"
"Warbird"

TigerInc TopGun Rankings

Rank-------Pilot-------No. of kills
1st--------Frozen----------4
2nd------Jack Jomar--------2
3rd--------Speedy----------1
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

X1000

Post by X1000 » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 01:13

:teladi: Teladi say: " Profitssss ahoy"

X1000

Post by X1000 » Wed, 17. Mar 10, 00:53

Any news when the next chapters coming out?

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 17. Mar 10, 08:34

Not sure when I'll be posting the next chapter, X1000. I hav'nt even 'played' it yet. Plus, my wife and 3 kids do tend to severely limit my gaming time.

Rest assured though. I shall get to it as soon as possible. :D
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Apollo303
x3tc

Post by Apollo303 » Tue, 23. Mar 10, 19:31

I need better guns... boss !! :P

Mine are like all screwy and need a real tunning-up, can we go for a few BIG ships :D , i might get a kill..... or 2 :o

Roll on the next chapter
Who am i ? I am but the sum of my experiences....
And today i am more than i was yesterday and less than i will be tomorrow.

Imagination is a part of Reality we all agree on !!

travisdh1
x3tc

Post by travisdh1 » Wed, 24. Mar 10, 16:40

Buck_Rogers wrote:
travisdh1 wrote:"Hey pirate, I stole you're booze."
You had better not have any of that on your ship! I operate a strict no weed + no booze policy. Pilots "under the influence" tend to do stupid things with nukes! ;)
Don't worry boss, no booze aboard here. Just needed to get his attention, next time I'll try something different as it almost worked to well!

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sat, 27. Mar 10, 21:52

Apollo303 wrote:I need better guns... boss !! :P

Mine are like all screwy and need a real tunning-up, can we go for a few BIG ships :D , i might get a kill..... or 2 :o

Roll on the next chapter
You'll have to wait I'm afraid. You would have even longer to wait, if I had'nt used the Harriers. You know how expensive an M3 is? :p
travisdh1 wrote:Don't worry boss, no booze aboard here. Just needed to get his attention, next time I'll try something different as it almost worked to well!
:lol:

19. The difference between success and failure!

Once I had taken care of the paperwork, I decided to go off on my own and take on some odd delivery jobs in "Lazy Geordie" I found a good few of them for the Merchants Guild, as well as a small number of emergency jobs. You know the one's. This factory has suffered a catastrophic failure of some kind and needs an urgent delivery of "whatever" in order to keep it going. :D

During these runs, I kept one eye on my intel network for any potential engagements for Sabre Squadron. One did pop up, several times infact! Allow me to explain:

The warning came from my satellite in Teladi Gain. Upon checking it, I found a single craft. Namely a Pirate Energy Transporter Vulture. At first I did think about sending the boys after it, but I noticed that a few Teladi Customs Patrol craft had already intercepted it and were trying to bring it down. So I ignored it and carried on with my missions and trade runs. The thing is, my intel carried on warning me about the Pirate vessel for a considerably long time. More than enough time to destroy it. So in the end I got annoyed and decided the boys would deal with it. Once and for all.

"But it's just a TS class! Is it worth us bothering?" Asked Apollo

"Well, the Teladi are having a hard time taking care of him and for one the constant warning from my satellite is doing my bloody head in! So you lot can sort him out" I replied.

So away they went.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00183.jpg

As Sabre Squadron closed to attack range, I set my ships sensors on the target to get a better perspective of the situation.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00184.jpg

As I thought, the Teladi fighter craft were running rings around the Pirate, but the rear turret from it was packing a fair punch and preventing them from finishing the job. Well, that's what my boys are here for. :D

My six Harrier Sentinals all let rip as they approached weapons range. Due to the size and handling of the TS, it only took one pass of sustained fire before......

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00187.jpg

Bye bye bad guy! And this time, no one was embarrased by any damage taken. A clean and efficient job done.

"Well done boys" I call over the comm channel.

"So who got this easy kill then?" asked Mckenna. Typical

A quick check of my pilot database reveals....

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... ard011.jpg

1st kill to Fendalis, plus 10400 credits for good measure.

"Woohoooooooooo!" Exclaims Fendalis. "I got one! I got one!"

Laughter emits from the communications panel.

Immediately after this, I get another warning from my intel network. This time the targets are much bigger! In the form of a BlastClaw, Falcon Vanguard and a Harrier. Now, any commander with an ounce of common sense would not have bothered to take that kind of firepower on, with 6 Harrier Sentinals! But I had an idea, or so I thought! I decided it was time to test out Sabre Squaron's Bomber abilities.

"Ok boys. We're going to try out a little experiment with those Silkworm missiles I give you earlier."

"Sounds like fun! What's the target?" Came the response from Frozen

"Erm.............A BlastClaw, Falcon Vanguard and a Harrier have just exited the South Gate in Seizewell" I replied.

"Are you insane?!?!" Surprise, surprise. It's Mckenna again. "We won't last 2 Sezura's!"

"Easy Mckenna. You wont be going into laser range, just use your missiles and I only wan't to try this on the Blastclaw. Then you can retreat."

An audible sigh is heard. "Ok your the boss"

Exiting the North Gate into Seizewell, I position myself away from the incoming furball and wait for Sabre Squadron to form up.

"Ok boys. Arm your explodey things and give the BlastClaw some hell!"

I watch as the distance indicator ticks down. After it passes 20k, I frown. Sabre Squadron should have released their missiles by now. The answer comes over the comm channel, from Mckenna.

"Erm.............Boss. I'm afraid to tell you this, but these tinfoil tubs you've given us can't fire Silkworm's!"

"WHAT?!?!" Quick as a flash. My fingers are over my console, checking the Harrier Sentinal entry in the database.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00201.jpg

Oh bugger! Mckenna was right!

"So what do you want us to do now boss?"

"Erm............Quick! Get all craft to do an RSLG!" I respond.

"Excuse me? RSL what?"

"RUN, YOU BLOODY TERRAN FOOL!"

Whats the difference between success and failure? Having a commander who thinks he knows it all, when he does'nt!

Game time = 4D 6h 19mins
Ranks = Harmless/Master Broker
Cr = 2 million

9 x Advanced Satellites
1 x Mercury "TI-SM1-T1"
1 x Discoverer "inferno"

Combat capable assets:

"Ascendant"
"Dragonfire"
"Damnation"
"Shoot that Guy"
"Oops"
"Warbird"

TigerInc TopGun Rankings

Rank-------Pilot------------No. of kills
1st--------Frozen---------------4
2nd------Jack Jomar-------------2
3rd--Speedy + Fendalis----------1
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 1. Apr 10, 16:21

20. Buck Rogers C.B

My heart in my throat, I watch as Sabre Squardon do a hard 180 and peg it back to my position. Luckily all 3 Pirate ships are occupied with harrassing the Teladi forces trying to wipe them from existance, to notice 6 Harrier Sentinal's running away from them ;)

"Everyone OK?" I ask

Sabre Squadron respond by their numbers.

"OK. Dock at the Trading Station and I'll meet you all there, shortly" I set the autopillock on for the nearest Shield facility for my needs and sit back. I had some upgrading to do!

The jump to Cloud Base South West is a short one and I'm docked quickly. Opening up the trade channel, I purchase all the 25MJ shield units that "Lazy Geordie" can handle. 7 in all to go the the 1 I already had. With her shields now maxxed out, I turn my attentions to weapons. Checking the computer for cheap ones, I find the HEPT and PAC complex's in Wastelands are both fully stocked, so I dock at each and buy enough Alpha HEPT's and Beta PAC's to cover all my turrets. I also managed to find 2 Alpha PBE's for my bottom turrets. Although I cannot remember where I got them! Now all I needed was some decent Military Personel and auxillary crew to go with them. All the computers in the Universe are no match for a keen eyed - military trained - sharpshooter. ;) The problem is finding them! Guess that will have to wait for now. Especially as I only had 175K left after my spending spree! So I jump back to Seizewell and head for the Trading Station.

After finishing the docking procedure, I exit the ship and walk towards the security console. The Teladi on duty doesn'nt even ask to see my documentation! He just waves me through! A quick glance over the console reveals why he wasn'nt doing his job properly. It looked like he was watching some kind of stocks and shares page on the consoles viewer. Typical Teladi! They are more bothered about profits, than their jobs! I laugh as I pass through the bulkhead doors. The chances are, if this had been a security desk at an Argon station, I would've probably seen exactly the same thing. Except instead of being glued to the Galactic Stock Market, the Argon duty officer would've probably been watching a Torpedo Ball game.

I arrive at the bar and spot the boys ordering drinks. They wave me over.

"Listen fella's. I'm sorry about the mix up today. It was a really silly mistake and almost cost me some damn fine pilots!

"Damn right it was silly!" Did'nt take Mckenna long to respond

"Leave the boss alone Mckenna. you never realised the mistake before it was too late neither" Said Jack as he slid a glass of Argon Whiskey down the bar towards me.

"Cheers" I said looking at Mckenna. Who was now looking down into his glass.

"Meh. Forget it lads. Water under the bridge. Although I promise to do a bit more research, before I try any more experiments!"

The silence at the bar was quickly broken by the beeping of my comm pad. I pulled it out and checked it.

"Problem boss?" Ask's Speedy.

My eyes widen. "I'll say. There's a Kha'ak Cluster just appeared in Ore Belt!"

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00198.jpg

"Uh oh! Think you had better get Toki Silarn under cover, don't you?" Pipes Mckenna.

"Good idea Mck." I say as I send a message from the pad.

An aknowledging beep is heard a short time later and I look at the sector map for Ore Belt. So glad I stuck down that Advanced Satellite!

"OK Toki is making best speed for my Ore Mine. The Kha'ak are far enough away for him to make it, which is one good thing."

"What about the Kha'ak? You don't want us to see to them? Do you?" Mckenna again.

"Holy Arngu! NO! I can't expect you lot to do anything to those Kha'ak. That would be suicide!" I reply. This time Mckenna just smiles back. Smart alec!

"No. This time I'll take care of them myself."

"WHAT?!" The whole squad choruses.

"Look. I can't get you lot there in time. Plus those Harrier's won't last 2 Sezura's, like Mckenna said. Besides I've got an idea for another experiment. So what I need you lot to do, is to go back to the docking bay and get the crew to transfer the missiles from your holds, into mine."

"I say your insane!" Adds Mckenna.

"Perhaps" I reply, as I leave my seat. "But I've got assets in Ore Belt and now that I've beefed up "Lazy Geordie" it's time for some payback! So get to your ships and arrange those transfers."

After several long Mizura's, the job is done and I'm cleared for launching. As I start to warm up the jump drive, the comm panel beeps an incoming message. I activate the monitor. Mckenna's face shows up

"Erm.............Just wanted to wish you luck from me and the boys boss" I could see he looked uncomfortable. Guess he's not all that good with emotions and all that stuff.

"Thanks Mck. But I'll be OK and I'll be back to toast some "toasted" Kha'ak in no time. Rogers out."

The view screen goes out and a split second later, the familiar flash of a jump event opening fills the cockpit and I'm on my way to Ore Belt. Shortly afterwards, I exit the East Gate, switch off the autopillock and check the Gravidar. Sure enough the Kha'ak have not moved much from where they were to start with. I swing "Lazy Geordie" towards them and hit the Boost Extension. At about 25 Kilometres I kill the engines and swing the pilots seat towards the ships computer.

"Time to try my little experiment" I say to myself, as I access the computers core files.

Before I joined the "space race", I was an Argnu Farmer, but that did'nt stop me from dabbling in a bit of programming now and then. Finding the relevant files I need, I start my "Missile Boat" executable..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRekt4DMp5s

"YEEHAAAAA! How did you like my Silworm's, you angular loving, purple muppets?!" I shouted, as I punched the air.

Checking my inventory, I see I've used 29 of the 60 missile's I had. Hmmmmmmm...........Maybe slight overkill, but at least I know my little program works. ;) As a bonus, I did notice a second cluster had appeared, as I started smashing into the first. Although I must have embarrassed the authorities into action! Just after I finished the first cluster off and headed for the 2nd, several fighter craft turned up and took care of the 2nd cluster, before I reached it. :D

All in all. A successful experiment. Plus I've gone from Harmless to Graduate in about 3 Mizura :D Not bad! I've also decided next time I find a Boron Tailor, I'm going to ask him to put the initials C.B after my name. Why C.B? Cluster Buster of course! :lol: :D

Game time = 4D 12h 36mins
Ranks = Graduate/Master Broker
Cr = 400k

9 x Advanced Satellites
1 x Mercury "TI-SM1-T1"
1 x Discoverer "inferno"

Combat capable assets:

"Ascendant"
"Dragonfire"
"Damnation"
"Shoot that Guy"
"Oops"
"Warbird"

TigerInc TopGun Rankings

*NOTE* I am not taking any credit for the "Missile Boat" command. This was a script I downloaded from here by 'Ouch'. Just did'nt know how best to put it into my story. So I pretended I programmed it in! :D So credit to 'Ouch' for a great script!

Also want to thank 'NovaCatt' for helping me with a wee bit of research for this chapter. Cheers NC ;)
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sat, 27. Nov 10, 23:35

Hi guys.

Sorry it's been a while since my last up date. Real life and all that! :lol: You know how it is. But just to let you know, I hav'nt forgotten my readers and yes, I am still going to play this DiD out for as long as I can.

So without further ado. I present the next chapter. (Sorry it's a bit short, but I just wanted to use the last of my current notes, before I start writing more.)

Enjoy

21. Mop up & another sign up

After the last Kha'ak goes "pop", I survey my surroundings. I quickly notice a Cargo Pod floating around. Obviously someone got toasted. I hit the boast, head over and pick it up before anyone else does. Thats's me up 2000 E-Cell's! Jackpot! lol After another quick look around, I notice my surveillance Satellite is no where to be seen.

"Bugger!" I mutter to myself. "If Kha'ak keep showing up in Ore Belt, they're gonna cost me a fortune in Advanced Satellites!"

After a little bit of "station hoping", I manage to find an ad for a Satellite Replacement Contract, in Ore Belt. I'll be charged 16 Credits per Quazura, but that should still save me the time of having to replace them myself. So it's worth it. After that, I decided to buy a few more odds 'n' sods for myself and my ship. The Argon Security Licence, from the local Ore Belt Trading Station was 1st. Then I headed into Paranid Prime and was actually at a high enough standing to be allowed to buy a Docking Computer. That should save me some time!

Whilst in Paranid territory, I manage to find an ad for a medical supply mission. From Paranid Prime to Pontifex's Realm. Now, as much ad I detest those 3 eyed Bastu's, I was'nt about to pass up the chance to add another 150K to my pocket! Ker-ching! :D

Oh yeah! I almost forgot! Added another pilot to my roster today. Another ex Argon Military pilot by the name of "Cryo". This guy was kicked out of the military by the Argon for .............erm...........shall we say, "extra marital activties" with an Admirals wife! Ho-boy! This should get interesting. Especially if said Admiral ever crosses our path!

So after kitting him and a new Harrier Sentinal out, he now sits at the controls of "Frozen Dream".

In other news: I have a new lead on the Military Crew I'm looking for. To man the turrets in "Lazy Geordie".

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00207.jpg

Game time = 4D 18h 03mins
Cr = 800k

9 x Advanced Satellites
1 x Mercury "TI-SM1-T1"
1 x Discoverer "inferno"

Combat capable assets:

7 x Harrier Sentinal "Sabre Squadron"
"Ascendant"
"Dragonfire"
"Damnation"
"Shoot that Guy"
"Oops"
"Warbird"
"Frozen Dream"

TigerInc TopGun Rankings

Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 17:37

Right next chapter coming up. Much sooner than I expected :D

22. Back on duty

A hunting we shall go, a hunting we shall go!

After returning to Teladi territory, I hook back up with Sabre Sqadron. Who were busy taking some R & R in the local Trading Station in Profit Share. Jack greeted me as I entered the bar.

"Hi Boss" He said, with a smile. "Nice work on those Kha'ak. I guess those Silkworm's came in handy after all!"

"Indeed they did." I replied. "Where's the other lads?"

"Over in the corner, discussing what we might be getting up to next"

I followed Jack to the table that the rest of Sabre Squadron had taken up residence on. They all stood up as I approached.

"Now don't bother with that crap fella's. I know most of you have a military background, but I ain't an officer........Just your boss!" I said with a wink. "Now I take it you lot are all acquainted with Cryo here?" I said pointing at our newest recruit.

They all nod.

"Good. Then as long as you've taken care of anything else you needed to do. Who's up for another patrol."

Mckenna immediately gets up out of his chair. "Its about time you put us back to work. Lets go!"

"Kinda impatient there eh Mck?" I laugh.

"Yeah, well, I don't get paid for sitting around now do it?" He smiles back.

"Ok then, lets get to our ships.

We all undock and form up, as we head East towards Greater Profit.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00212.jpg

We were almost at the East Gate, when my intel network beeps a warning. Checking the satellite network, I notice a lone Pirate Nova crossing Ceo's Buckzoid. I instruct Sabre Squadron to plot an intercept course and were off to catch our first Pirate of the day.

We all arrive in Ceo's Buckzoid, Just in time to see the Pirate on approach to landing in a Mercenary Guild Shipyard. Sabre Squadron tear off, in the hope of catching him before he docks. I head in the same direction. After a few Mizura's. I notice we are too far away. So I lob a Silkworm his way to grab his attention! Unfortunately for us, the Pirate must have had his rear turret activated. As it blasts the Missile from the sky on approach to it's target! Shortly after this, he docks. Bugger!

"Never mind lads. Plenty more fish in the sea. Or in this case, plenty more Pirates in the void!" I laugh over the comm.

We set off again, to continue our patrol route. After managing one full circle, I begin to get a bit impatient. Looks like the Pirates don't want to play. So, I start to look for escort jobs. Since nothing was on the offering in Ceo's Buckzoid, I decided to head South, to see if one would turn up else where.

On the way through Profit Share, I notice the local Flower Farm has a full stock of Sunrise Flowers, just waiting to be snapped up. So I make best speed for the station. Sending Sabre Squadron on ahead. However, by the time I dock, I find another trader has just bought a load! Resulting in a slightly higher buying price of 7 Credits per unit. Still worth it in my opinion, so I fill the hold and undock.

It wasn't untill we got to Spaceweed Drift, that an Argon Ore Transporter Mercury started chattering for an escort. As luck would have it we were already in his destination sector! We only had to make sure he got safely to Silicon Mine L Alpha and he would pay just over 35K. Easy job!

So I form up behind him, then instruct Sabre Squadron to form up behind me. Things went smoothly, until I noticed a commotion over the comm between Sabre 3 and Sabre 7. A Quick check of the sector map reveals....

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00213.jpg

Looks like those 2 have had a coming together somehow! "oh boy! It's always the new guy" I think to myself.

The pair are shouting obscenities at each other, before I decide to cut in.

"Right if you 2 don't stand down, you'll both have me to answer to! Look, no damage was done and your shields are already charging back to full strength."

Frozen snaps back. "I ain't flying with this green Bastu boss! Where did you find him? Xenon space!?"

Cryo bites. "Shut your trap Frozen. Unless you want to be eating my PAC's!"

"Bring it on greeny!"

I decide to close the argument. "Both of you SHUT THE HELL UP!!. Unless you want to be floating home? Your forgetting those ships are mine!"

Silence fills the comm channel.

"OK. Now that you ladies have finished, can we get back to our escort job please?" I ask.

As we approach the Silicon Mine, another warning goes off. This time a Pirate Falcon has been spotted crossing Teladi Gain. I turn on the comm again.

"Right. Mck. You take Sabre Squadron and go investigate that contact in Teladi Gain. He's heading for the West Gate, so you should be able to cut him off in...."

"I know, I know, Ceo's Buckzoid. What about this escort job though? Sure you can handle it?"

Smart arse!

"I'll be fine. Just get going"

"Will do. Mck out"

I watch as the boys peel off and disappear into the distance. I then return my attention to the slow, lumbering Mercury in front of me. Wish I knew why these freighter Captains never utilise the maximum power of their ships engines. Meh. who am I to argue? Although I begin to wonder whether or not I should ask the Merc. Captain, as we approach the Mine. The bloody docking clamps are on the opposite side we're facing! Oh joy of joys!

Several Mizura's later and were only just over half way around the mine, when the proximity alarm goes off!

"Oh sweet Sonra! Yaki Harrier closing in fast! Escort. Are you sure you can handle him?" Comes the voice of a panicky freighter Captain over the comm channel.

"Oh bugger! Why did I send Sabre Squadron away!" I mumble to myself.

"Of course I can!" I reply, in my most confident voice.

I whack the Boost Extension and point the nose of "Lazy Geordie" towards the offending Yaki Harrier.

"This is where I find out if the weapon's I bought for this thing were worth it." I think to myself, as I turn to the weapon control on the console.

I set all turrets to "Attack my target" and tighten my grip on the flight controls. Since I was aware that the Harrier could more than easily out manouver me, and I wasn't too sure how the AI would handle my turrets, I sent a gift of a Silkworm in his direction.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00214.jpg

Unfortunately, I fired the Silkworm off too close to the Harrier and he easily dodges it. I'm also still too far away for effective weapons range. So this allows him to empty 1 full laser bank into the side of the Mercury, before I get near him. Needless to say, my contract did not approve of this!

"Get him off me! What am I paying you for?!?" came the angry sound from the comm channel.

"Take it easy big guy. You just make best speed for your destination and I'll take care of him"

Betty tell's me the Silkworm has self destructed, as the Harrier comes into view again. He was just veering away from the Merc as I approached. The front end of "Lazy Geordie" lit up, as my front mounted A-HEPT's let rip into his shields. Obliterating them. I pass him, and turn away slightly, to let my dorsal and aft guns get some action. Sure enough....

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00215.jpg

(I love the XTM's explosions. Much better than the vanilla ones.)

PHEW!

I check my log, to make sure it was actually me who got the stupid Bastu!

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00216.jpg

Yup. There's the Harrier in the list. I quickly turn back to my contract, checking him for damage. His shields have taken a beating, but he is in one piece.

"Thank you escort. Your ship is surprisingly capable for a military transport."

"Your welcome Argon Mercury ATSEP-96. She surprised me to!"

I keep 1 close eye on the Gravidar after that. To make sure no other aggressors show up. Thankfully, none do as my contract docks and I receive his thanks.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00217.jpg

Game time = 4D 21h 35mins
Cr = 1.2 Million

9 x Advanced Satellites
1 x Mercury "TI-SM1-T1"
1 x Discoverer "inferno"

Combat capable assets:

7 x Harrier Sentinal "Sabre Squadron"
"Ascendant"
"Dragonfire"
"Damnation"
"Shoot that Guy"
"Oops"
"Warbird"
"Frozen Dream"

TigerInc TopGun Rankings

Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Nathancros

Post by Nathancros » Thu, 17. Mar 11, 21:32

hey, been reading this and quite enjoy it! :D i hope u plan to keep going! oh and have a pilot for u if u want it.

Pilot: Lucifer
Ship name :Ma Mort D'ami
History: has done alot, dark things and good, was there when Presidents end was Destroyed, has a rather thin sense of humour
Nullam et arcu vitae magna instabilitate omnia solvit

Am a recovering Addict of the CREATIVE FORUM.

Long live X3

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 17. Mar 11, 21:44

:o OMG! a pilot application! Oh joy of joys! :lol: :D

Thanks for the feedback my friend. I will keep this story going for as long as I'm alive. Updates may be a little slow, however. Due to real life. So please be patient.

Rest assured though. I wont be letting it drop by the wayside like some other DiD's. :wink:

I shall put you application on file pilot.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Nathancros

Post by Nathancros » Thu, 17. Mar 11, 21:56

haha i cant wait mate XD
Nullam et arcu vitae magna instabilitate omnia solvit

Am a recovering Addict of the CREATIVE FORUM.

Long live X3

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sat, 19. Mar 11, 00:00

Y'know, I've been reading this for aaaages.

...What the hell, I'll throw in an application.

Pilot name: Arraithoiblis Tauniamo XII (Better known as 'Arr', despite a complete lack of Pirate affiliation.)
Ship name: Anathema
Background: worked as a mercenary with small business investments on the side. A perfect example of male Teladis' relative economic ineptitude - he lost his ship and financial possessions in a casino. Pretty easy-going, unless you mention the space weed at Blue Profit Trading station's casino...
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Return to “Creative Universe”