What Buck_Rogers DiD. (Now a `join in` game!)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sun, 29. Nov 09, 21:23

Killjaeden wrote:I really suggest to use another program to convert from bmp to jpg or another format. One where you can decide which quality.
Because the quality of those is pretty bad (30kb for a 1024x768 shot is toooo small)^^ A fast &free tool you could use is IrfanView (allows batch-converting) -very handy
Actually. I already use Irfanview :D It's just taken me a while to get the hang of it. So I apologise for the quality of those screenies. They do get better though! (I figured out how to use it!)
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

s22008404
x3tc

Post by s22008404 » Sun, 29. Nov 09, 22:01

After looking at the universe map on the local trading station, (or in other words, downloaded from thexuniverse.com)
:lol:

Looks like a pattern of killer-oversized-hard-drives-appearing-RSLG forming very early, looking forward to the next chapter!

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sun, 29. Nov 09, 22:30

s22008404 wrote:Looks like a pattern of killer-oversized-hard-drives-appearing-RSLG forming very early, looking forward to the next chapter!
Thanks s22008404 lol. Your wish is my command :D

6. Busy, busy, busy

Whilst scrambling at the controls of "Inferno", I thank the stars for having a fast and manouverable ship underneith me, to keep from becoming PPC food and make it through the gate!

PHEW!

Would've liked to have hung around to see what salvage I could grab. Considering I was almost caught out, I think I can live with myself for missing this aftermath, this time!

On my way back to Family Whi, I come across the most ugliest ship I have ever seen!

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00036.jpg

Man, that thing is UUUUUGGGLLLY!

After stopping in Family Whi for a much needed rest. I once again consulted the trusted Trading Station Universe Map, to consider my next move. I also consulted the BBS and found this

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00037.jpg

Since I don't condone the use of Space Weed, or Space Fuel (except for the summoning of Dutch courage!) for that matter. I wont be taking this offer up. Even though Swamp Plants are perfectly legal. All is not lost however, as another potential money making route has popped up in the same area. There are 3 Flower Farms in Teladi Gain and 4 Sun Oil Refineries in Greater Profit. Nice! So I get "Happy Hauler" to motor over to Teladi Gain, whilst I check the BBS for more jobs. 2 factory tours net me a couple of k, but apart from that, not much else happening in Family Whi. So I decide its time to travel again.

I head South towards Pirate terratory, but all seems quiet. Untill I hit Thuruks Beard. Checking the Gravidar as I enter the sector, I find a couple of Pirate Nova's having a go at the local police force. They do a pretty good job at fuzz bashing, but in the end they are overwhelmed. I'm about to close the sector map and carry on, when I notice somebody left me a present. One of those Unknown Objects is floating amongst the wreckage! So I haul arse over to it, before anyone else does and........ker-ching! I am 80k richer! Thank you very much!.

Onwards into Hatikvah's Faith. Which proves to be surprisingly quiet, for a Pirate sector. Thankfully! Then Docking in Aladna Hill I find another BBS ad to map 12 Argon sectors for 12k, before continuing South into Rolks Legacy. I then turn West and make for Trinity Sanctum and Paranid terratory. Upon reaching Trinity Sanctum, I turn South until I enter Ministry of Finance. Here I dock for a bit at the local Trading Station. Whilst docked I notice my Teladi rep has climbed high enough to buy myself a Teladi Company Licence, which I gladly do. As it will come in very handy later. :wink: Also whilst docked, I get this delivered to my message box:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00035.jpg

:o So, so glad I did'nt hang around Thynn's Abyss!

About this point, I decide to take a break from exploring, but 1st set the auto-pillock to dock at the Shipyard in Argon Prime. At least that will map several Paranid sectors on the way there. Whilst the computer does it's job, I concentrate on getting "Happy Hauler" to remotely "haul" in more credits. :D (You see what I did there? lol)

Upon docking at the Argon Prime Shipyard, I 1st check the BBS and come across a nice delivery job for a fellow member of the Merchants Guild. 43 Crystals to be delivered back to the same Shipyard in 33 Mizura's. It takes almost 4 trips, but I manage it with 23 Mizura's to spare. Mainly thanks to the Crystal Fab also station'd in Argon Prime. So chalk up another 47k for me. On an interesting note: Whilst in the process of docking, I notice I'm following a Mk I Centaur. setting my target sensors on it, I also see it is badly damaged. Less than half it's hull is remaining. :o He must have been in some scrap!

That Centaur got me thinking.

"Why should I be the one taking all the risks? I'm the owner of this business, it's time I started acting like an owner and got some people in!"

So, looking at the BBS, it appears as though the RNG gods are smiling at me today. As I find just what I am looking for! A Universe Explorer. Or to be precise, a level 19 Cartographer by the name of Na t'Pst. Complete with his own Octopus Vanguard. (A Split Gonar flying a Boron ship! lol) All for 53K. So I immediately hire him and set him off. Although not before he tells me he is off to the Argon Prime EQ Dock to upgrade his ship!

Typical!

I hope this is worth it!

Game time = 18h 53mins
Ranks = Harmless/Retailer
Cr = 319k

Assets:

1 x Mercury "Happy Hauler"
1 x Discoverer "Inferno"
1 x Octopus Vanguard "Universe Explorer"
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 00:29

Gazz wrote:What's the actual difference in using scripts or not?
If players have been playing vanilla for the duration of the games life so far quite a lot. I can relate to N-S's games because he plays them vanilla... a level playing field.

Now Gazz, if you stopped farting around making amazing pottery and made your own mod like XTM (scratch that, because I hate XTM - singular vision makes the best games; communities make towns, not games) now that would be interesting. Somebody playing to your vision of what the game should be, DiD? Now that is something i would like to see. I would like to see that a lot.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 07:59

Rednoahl wrote:
Gazz wrote:What's the actual difference in using scripts or not?
If players have been playing vanilla for the duration of the games life so far quite a lot. I can relate to N-S's games because he plays them vanilla... a level playing field.

Now Gazz, if you stopped farting around making amazing pottery and made your own mod like XTM (scratch that, because I hate XTM - singular vision makes the best games; communities make towns, not games) now that would be interesting. Somebody playing to your vision of what the game should be, DiD? Now that is something i would like to see. I would like to see that a lot.
Well,I guess you cant please everybody!
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Apollo303
x3tc

Post by Apollo303 » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 09:53

Don`t worry about it, there will always be a critic, or someone who does`nt feel that the current issue/topic is valid or some such nonsense. You won`t please everyone, but just keep doing what your doing and you`ll soon find that there are just as many people happy to join in and read along as there are that won`t.

I personally take ALL critiscism with a pinch of salt, infact sometimes i don`t even listen to it. People will either agree or dissagree either way don`t stop doing what you`ve already started doing. :D
Who am i ? I am but the sum of my experiences....
And today i am more than i was yesterday and less than i will be tomorrow.

Imagination is a part of Reality we all agree on !!

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 11:44

Apollo303 wrote:Don`t worry about it, there will always be a critic, or someone who does`nt feel that the current issue/topic is valid or some such nonsense. You won`t please everyone, but just keep doing what your doing and you`ll soon find that there are just as many people happy to join in and read along as there are that won`t.

I personally take ALL critiscism with a pinch of salt, infact sometimes i don`t even listen to it. People will either agree or dissagree either way don`t stop doing what you`ve already started doing. :D
No worries there. Infact I welcome critiscism. As long as it's constructive of course ;) Hey if you don't like it, then don't read it! lol

7. Baby sitting

So it turns out my fears about this new "Universe Explorer" were unfounded. He seems to be doing quite a good job. Even though he left me with about 30k after the git had upgraded his ship with what he needed! Still, I think with the amount of cash I have invested in this muppet, I had better keep an eye on his exploits.

For his 1st task, he headed straight for Ore Belt and proceeded to scan every last asteroid in that sector. Uncovering a couple of juicey ones to. A 51 and a 63 yield Silicon roids. Not bad. Although both are a bit close to the Pirate Base for my liking. Still, that's nothing a tug cant solve. It'll be a while before I get that far, but good things come to those who wait. :wink:

In the mean time. A nice BBS ad to deliver some Entertainment Chips to Ore Mine Alpha in Power Circle, has popped up. Chalk up another 14k for me! :D

Whilst I was doing this Mr Na t'Pst headed for Farnhams Legend, where I'm glad to say he demonstrated his knowlege of the RSLG manouver to the highest of standards! As he quickly did a U'y, dropped a Danger Beacon, and ducked back through the gate to Elena's Fortune. He then did the same again when he entered Split Fire. Glad to see he has a good head on his shoulders. He then decided to scan more asteroids in Elena's Fortune, but this is where I interveined. As just exiting the South gate and heading his way, were 3 Pirate Nova's! EEK! Now, I guess he thought he was safe enough, as he continued with his scan. However, some polite advice over the com persuaded him to RSLG out of EF and start exploring The Hole instead. PHEW!

Oh I almost forgot. I put out an ad for combat pilots today. So far I've had 3 applications, which is enough just now. One pilot (A Terran) by the name of Mckenna, looks a bit too cocky and sure of himself for my liking, but looks as though he will make a good squad leader. I hope!

Well, after all the excitement today, I decided I had better start looking for fighter craft for my pilots to be to get hold of. So after buying 2 or 3 Advanced Satellite's, I headed off in "Inferno" to set them up. 1st up for deployment was Ministry of Finance, since the shipyard there had some very nice vessel's for sale. Also bought a contract for sat replacement on the BBS, which will mean I won't have to keep replacing it myself.

Also found this on the BBS

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00039.jpg

Was sorely tempted by it, but decided not to bother in the end. Knowing my luck it would be a dud!

Also got this mean looking shot

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00040.jpg

Looks postively evil that thing! Glad it did'nt decide to make space dust out of me! Although I did give it a VERY wide birth! :D

Game time = 22h 38mins
Ranks = Harmless/Merchant
Cr = 216k

Assets:

1 x Adv. Satellite
1 x Discoverer "Inferno"

*NOTE* This DID has already been going for a while now. So although I have enough pilots for now, that does not mean I wont need more in the near future. I will post the necessary application form, when I am ready for the next intake.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Apollo303
x3tc

Post by Apollo303 » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 12:05

"New universe explorer".... wonder who that could be :o .... hmmm !! :lol:

Ah well, when needs must, the right equipment afterall is whats needed to make a successfull career out of scouting :P :D

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 12:38

Apollo303 wrote:"New universe explorer".... wonder who that could be :o .... hmmm !! :lol:

Ah well, when needs must, the right equipment afterall is whats needed to make a successfull career out of scouting :P :D
My new "Universe Explorer" ship was made possible by the following script:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=201205

Na t'Pst is'nt actually a reference to anyone real. Just a random name the script chose :D

Basically in a nutshell. I can hire a ship & a pilot from the BBS, and he will automatically explore the universe for me. Uncovering stations, gates, and scanning asteroids. Of course, there is a bit more to it than that, but I'm not gonna bore you with details. Check the above link, if you want to know more.

Incidentally, if anyone wants to know more about certain aspects of my DID, like above. Then feel free to ask, and I will gladly explain.

8. Yar Matey!

*Above must be said in best pirate style voice * :D

New pilot details as follows:

Jack Jomar: An ex Argon Navy pilot now looking to make his way in the X Universe

Frozen: Another Ex Argon military pilot now listed as a merc for hire.

The good thing is they have had combat training, so they should be able to take care of themselves. I hope. Next task is to get them into fighters, once I can afford a few. So I've left the boys to get to know their wing commander, Mckenna, given them a small allowance to tie them over for now and have set off to find some decent ships. Ive heard rumours about a scrap merchant shipyard hiding somewhere. Maybe he does cheap second hand ships?

After alot of searching, I Arrive in New Income and find the scrap dealer. However I am disappointed to find that even the ships for sale here are way beyond my price range! Feeling somewhat disheartend I decide to get back to exploring, and finding lucrative jobs to boost my war chest. Whilst buying up more Satellites for my intel network at the same time.

On the way to Satellite Factory Alpha in Thuruks Beard, I go through Hatikvah's Faith and I find this is front of me

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00041.jpg

Closer inspection reveals...............

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00042.jpg

A UFO! Thought they were only myth's? I'm in 2 minds as to whether or not I should ignore him, or try and follow him. Since he is somewhat faster than me, I guess that answers my question!

Arriving in Thuruks Beard I see the Sat. Factory is out of stock, but I come across a courier job transporting 20 units of Bio Organisms from the same factory, to the Racers Guild station in Greater Profit on the BBS instead. Making it with time to spare nets me 329cr initially + 29k for delivery. Heading back to the Sat. Factory in TB I buy up the few Advanced Satellites that are now for sale and check the BBS again. Luckily there is another courier job waiting for me. This time 7 Cartography Chips and needed at the Talonfire PPC Production Complex in Ceo's Sprite. Small job, as I only get 435cr initially + 8k for the delivery.

Humph!

Although it only gets me small change, I do get a nice bonus in the form of the Split promoting me to "Creature". How nice of them! This means I can now dock at a few more of their factories.

Next job of the day is to check on my Universe Explorer. To my utter shock and horror, the idiot is scanning asteroids in Rhonkars Clouds. Right next to a Pirate Base! :o Well, after some heated words are exchanged through the comm, he quickly nips through into Tharka's Sun and starts again. Muppet! Checking on him again a wee while later, I see he has explored as far as Profit Centre Alpha and is on his way to buy more Cargo Hold Upgades. I also use this time to do a few more MORT runs with Happy Hauler, between Teladi Gain, Seizewell and Greater Profit. As well as buy the final installments of Cargo Hold Upgrades, to max it out. I must have spent well over a million credits doing this! It feels like I got nowt in return.

Whilst sitting in the bar on the Trading Station in Ceo's Sprite, looking over a copy of the Universe Map and comparing it with my data pad. I noticed that I had mapped most of the surrounding sectors and would have some distance to travel, if I still wanted to explore the unexplored, so to speak. All I had left in the vicinity was the dreaded Pirate sectors. (gulp!) So. plucking up as much courage as I could (A glass of Argon Whiskey helps!) I headed to the nearest Equipment Dock for a few upgrades. The closest with the items I needed in stock was Lucky Planets (lucky eh? :D ) So, buying 20 Mozzie's and the Fight Command Mk 1 & 2 software, I made the necessary computer imputs and brought my new Missle Defense Mosquito System online. After hearing confirmation from the ever charming Betty, I was on my was back to Hatikvah's Faith. At least I can prevent being hit by missile's. So I'm not going in totally defenseless!

I managed to map out Nopileos' Memorial and Danna's Chance without incident, then headed North through Brennan's Triumph, Olmancketslats's Treaty and into Bala Gi's Joy. Then the trouble started. Exiting the South Gate, the proximity alarm went off. I did'nt think much off it, as it had been doing that alot since I started flying through these sectors. However. When I started seeing what looked like PAC fire around my ship, then I began to panic. Especially when a couple of shots from the rather large Pirate group behind me, vapourised my shields and insta-gibbed my hull down to 59%!!

This does' not look good!

HELP!
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Mr-Ten-Percent
x4

Post by Mr-Ten-Percent » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 13:41

Ouch!
Looks like that MMDS made you a bit too confident. Navigating pirate sectors in a M5 is always risky.
I have enjoyed it so far, it would be a shame to end now.
Hope you survive the day. :P
Intel Core i5 4670k@4.4Ghz, Asus AMD R9 290 Direct CU, MSI G45 Gaming Motherboard, 2x4GB GSkill TridentX 2400mhz DDR 3 , 500GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2Tb Seagate HDD, Creative Z Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 16:42

Mr-Ten-Percent wrote:Ouch!
Looks like that MMDS made you a bit too confident. Navigating pirate sectors in a M5 is always risky.
I think you might be right there. I forgot the Pirates are not too shabby at the pointy-shooty-laser procedure, aswell as the missile spamming one :lol:

9. The grand plan

Quickly knocking off the Auto-pillock, I swing the ship round to my only option, the West Gate into The Hole. I then start to throw the "Inferno" into some wild maneouvers. Rolling and strafing whilst watching PAC fire lick ever closer to me, until my ship reaches the ever wonderous Event Horizon of the Gate. Salvation!

I swear one day those Pirate barstewards will pay! Just wish I'd had the time to note their ship ID's!!!!!

I then check the computer for the nearest Shipyard facility. Only Argon Prime is the closest. Would've prefered a Repair facility (cheaper), but beggers can't be choosers I guess.

Docking at the Shipyard in Argon Prime, I do a quick scan of my ships systems and find to my stupidity, that the "Inferno" is NOT maxxed out!!!! It still has room for 1 more 1MJ shield!

"STUPID BASTU!!!" I scream, kicking out at the console.

Perhaps If I had maxxed it out then the repair costs would've been less then 22k! Humph! Next priority is the nearest Light Shield Facility. Which in this case in in Red Light.

A quick hop over, and another 1MJ shield installed later, and I'm ready to go again. A quick check of the BBS finds me another delivery job. The Light Shield Facility I'm currently docked at wants an extra 54 E-Cells to top off it's stock. Well, who am I to argue for 25k for only 54 E-Cells! :D On the bonus side I also get promoted to "Argon Accepted Advisor" after completing the delivery. Plus the "Inferno" is now "officially" maxxed! :D

Every cloud has a silver lining!

Well, after all that excitement its back to the monotony! I head back to Argon Prime and buy more Advanced Satellites and head back to my little idea! I drop 1 sat each in Teladi Gain, Seizewell, Greater Profit, Profit Share, Spacweed Drift and Ceo's Buckzoid and take out contracts for their replacement, should they be taken down. The plan is to have the boys patrol in a circular pattern, in these 6 sectors. Like so:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00058.jpg

The Advanced Satellites will keep tabs on any Kha'ak/Xenon/Pirates that come in, and I can then send the patrol to intercept. Depending on the size of the target that is! Whatever the boys manage to whack will earn me a bounty. So more cash will come in to.

I also managed to pick up a AI escape pod from a down'd Pirate Harrier whilst in Seizewell. I've got it stored in my ships Database right now, until I decide what to do with it. It's only a level 3, so must be worth about 10-20k or so. I could install it in one of my ships though, but with it being an ex Pirate AI, I'm not sure I want to keep it!

Hmmmmmm..............

I then head over to The Vault and drop the last Advanced Satellite in my hold, to keep an eye on stock at the Specialist Sales Shipyard there.

Oh yeah. Got this nice "atmospheric" pic in Spaceweed Drift. I thought it looked cool!

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00056.jpg

Game time = 1D 14H 18mins
Ranks = Harmless/Wholesaler
Cr = 341,047

Assets:

8 x Advanced Satellites
1 x Discoverer "Inferno"

Lol just noticed. My trade rank is already half way to "X-Treme" :o
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 1. Dec 09, 10:13

10 Lost ships and Treasure Hunts. Part 1

Got an intersting communication today.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00048.jpg

Seems someone has gone and lost some info regarding armour plating blue prints? Looks like they want me to find them.........hmmmmm. Why the hell not eh? you only live once! So it's off to Merchant Haven to speak to their contact. After a long and uneventful journey, which I put to good use by doing more MORT'ing with "Happy Hauler", I reach my destination.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00084.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00085.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00086.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00087.jpg

So, a reliable courier gone missing, with new armour plating blueprints eh? In suspicious circumstances to. Sounds like he's either done a runner and hopes to sell em, or someone has decided to "relieve" him of his courier duties, and scarppered with the goodies! Although these guys want me to try and contact him 1st before they pass judgment. I hope the modifications they made to my ship work! His last reported position was in Mi Tons Refuge (Pirates EEK!) and they want me to start my search there.

"If you say so boss!"

Quickest and safest way there, is probably the Super Gate route from Interworlds into Scared Relic. Then West into Cardinal's Domain, North to Moo-Kye's Revenge and finally, North again into Mi Tons Refuge. This means I can avoid Xenon 347. So after a quick jaunt to Interworlds and a scoot through the Gate, I end up in Scared Relic.

It's at this point I notice I have enough credits to max out "Happy Haulers" shields, and also buy the Trade Command Mk III software! So I send the ship to the Equipment Dock in Seizewell and buy what I need, along with a pilot. Nil Rana is her name. Seems Ok to me, but I only spoke to her over the Com, so we shall see. I'm giving her a trial period to see how see does 1st. Then we will discuss matters further. IF she is good enough. I've instructed her to head for Home of Light and start Sector Trading for now. Although she only has about 90k left im my account to start work with. Hope that's enough! Meanwhile, I have "Universe Explorer" holed up in PTNI Headquarters. I've asked Na t'Pst to keep an eye of the stock level of a certain fighter craft I've spotted in the Shipyard there.

Anyway. Back to my search for the lost Boron courier.

Mi Tons Refuge is fairly quiet except for a couple of Pirate patrols, which I easily avoid. However, after countless loops round the place I can find no trace of any lost ship Not even so much as a clue.

"Screw it! They can find the idiot themselves!"

"As long as I'm this far south though. I may aswell go exploring again."

So I headed for the South Gate. Approaching about 5k or so from it, 2 Pirate Nova's came through and headed North. As they passed me, they decided to take a few pot shots, but I had an eye on them and was ready for it this time! Thus, I passed through the gate without being hit at all, this time!

Heading West in Cardinal's Domain, I next reached Priest Refuge. To the West of this sector was another Super Gate route. So I headed into Barren Shores. Turning South this time, my next destination was Traders Joy. I noticed an odd named ship sitting mid-ish sector. Unfortunatly, I forgot to lock my sensors onto the ship and did'nt get any pictures.

Upon approaching OTAS Transporter #122, I recieve a Comm from it's pilot.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00066.jpg

Lost, broken down and needs help eh? Time to play hero! So I dock with the Trading Station as instructed, and pick up the Engine Parts from the pilots friend. I then hot-foot-it back to the ship, and transfer the items he needs

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00068.jpg

hmmm the co-ords for OTAS Headquarters are the reward for my heroics? Humph! He could've given me another ship! Oh well. Docking back at the Trading Station and checking the trusty Universe Map, I notice, I'm getting a little too close to Xenon Sector 258 for comfort. So I decided to retrace my steps back through the Super Gate, and finish exploring the Southern Paranid sectors..

Re-entering Priest Refuge, I turn south. This brings me into Spring of Belief. Approaching some station debri, I notice my Comm's beeping at me.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00069.jpg

Woohoooooooooo! It's the lost pilot! Although he is not that lost at all. Working undercover so it seems. Whatever floats your boat matey! He also gives me the armour plating blue prints, and asks me to take them for decryption. The contact is in the Trading Port in Family Tkr. Geez! that's some trip! It had better be worth it!!

Game time = 1D 22H 36mins
Ranks = Harmless/Petty Retailer
Cr = 150K

Assets:

8 x Advanced Satellites
1 x Discoverer "Inferno"
Last edited by Buck_Rogers on Tue, 1. Dec 09, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 1. Dec 09, 14:23

11. Lost Ships and Treasure Hunts. Part 2

I take the long route to Family Tkr, but for a reason. As the trip proves uneventful. However, my "hunt" is still not over, as the person I need to see about getting this info decrypted is not at the Trading Port. (Great!) I now need to find a ship called the "Gladiator", which is apparently holed up in a Pirate sector on a secret mission. As such they can't tell me which sector!

"AARRRGGHHH!!!!" :evil:

Screaming, hairy ab dab over with, it's time to get looking again I guess. The easiest Pirate sectors to reach, are the North Westerly one's (Farnhams Legend etc etc). So I start there. Once again, nowt much to report as I head over, except maybe for a few things. Such as this: Spot the idiot!

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00071.jpg

A Pirate Nova with no shields :o and it's not even being attacked neither!. Now if I had a bit more of an iron arse under me, I would have scanned his ship, just to check, but seeing as I don't..............

Next, upon reaching Farnhams Legend, I find these:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00072.jpg

Looks like the Boron have had enough of the Pirates up here, and have decided to teach them a lesson. Or at least try to! lol. One thing I noticed passing through these Pirate sectors, was that they were unusually quiet! Untill I reached Brennan's Triumph. Which, surprise, surprise is also where this stupid "Gladiator" ship turned up! Typical! Eventually, after several failed approach attempts, and many RSLG manouvers, I get close enough.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00075.jpg

I'm getting a bit fed up with this searching malarky! I feel like tearing my hair out! :evil: This had better be worth it!

RIGHT! Teladi Shipyards? Nearest one is in Company Pride, so I dock there. I guess someone must have heard me scream in frustration earlier, because:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00078.jpg

YES! YES! YES! FINALLY! ITS OVER! :D and I have been given a new ship. A Terracorp Vulcan! Man what a beauty she is to! Perfect for my type of flying. I see it as a traders vessel, (it is classed as a Military Transport) but with some bloody good shielding (8 x 25MJ), and it has some teeth! I can sling an Alpha Pulse Beam Emitter on the belly of this beast! :o Me feels some "dive bombing" coming up!

*drools*

Considering, I've been sat in this Disco for so long, this Vulcan is practically heaven! It's gonna cost me an arm and a leg to get it fully kitted out, but it'll be worth it!

I've decided to name her the "Lazy Geordie"

Game time = 2D 5H 3mins
Cr = 200K

Assets:

8 x Advanced Satellites
1 x Discoverer "Inferno"
1 x Terracorp Vulcan "Lazy Geordie"
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Apollo303
x3tc

Post by Apollo303 » Tue, 1. Dec 09, 15:01

"Gladiator", is that the name or type of ship you`re looking for. If it`s the ship type i.e M8 class bomber i hope you get to keep it, would`nt mind piloting one of those..... can`t deny a combat pilot the smell of a shiny new bomber loaded with a full armament of heavy missiles to throw forcibly down someones throat :twisted:

If it`s just the title/name of the ship....... then shame !! :(

Like i said tho not played X3:R since this time last year, so it`s all kinda wierd to me now, almost like a sub-language that you would have had learned at school then forgotten it as it would`nt hace been used since leaveing.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 1. Dec 09, 15:14

Apollo303 wrote:"Gladiator", is that the name or type of ship you`re looking for. If it`s the ship type i.e M8 class bomber i hope you get to keep it, would`nt mind piloting one of those..... can`t deny a combat pilot the smell of a shiny new bomber loaded with a full armament of heavy missiles to throw forcibly down someones throat :twisted:
Nope. It was a Centaur variant. Can't remeber which one though. Heavy Centuar maybe. Still did'nt get to keep it though. :(
Apollo303 wrote:Like i said tho not played X3:R since this time last year, so it`s all kinda wierd to me now, almost like a sub-language that you would have had learned at school then forgotten it as it would`nt hace been used since leaveing.
That's why I'm doing this with X3R + XTM + Plus all those scripts. Trying to make it as close to X3TC as possible. As it won't run well on my machine. :(
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 2. Dec 09, 16:09

Hi guys

Just busy writing the next chapter and wanted to ask:

Do you think adding some dialogue to the story be OK? Or would it spoil it? It wont be interactive. Just thought about adding some conversations between my pilots?

Hope your all enjoying reading this, as much as I am writing it! :lol:
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 3. Dec 09, 19:02

OK. I'm just gonna do this, since no-one has suggested otherwise :lol:
My best work yet. (I think anywayz) Its's a biggy to.

12. Birth of a Legend...

Or leg end, depending on how good you so called "combat pilots" are! :P
Well. After many Wozura's of trading between my self, flying the "Lazy Geordie", and Nil Rana in "Happy Hauler". I've finally managed to throw enough money together to buy the boys their 1st ships. Although once they see them, I'm not sure wether or not they will be happy about it! Meh, I'm the boss. So they will have to get what they are given! After all, they're not paying me a credit for them!

Speaking of the "Lazy Geordie", here she is:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00095.jpg

Not the prettiest ship your ever gonna see, (looks almost Boron, like a fat fish! lol) but to me she is beautiful! :D Anywayz. After a quick trip to the Specialist Sales Shipyard in The Vault, I am now the proud owner of 3 L class Harrier Sentinals. After equiping them with all the necessities I could afford, I was left with the fine sum of 36k. Needless to say, Nil Rana was'nt impressed at having her budget cut! The boys did'nt exactly take to their new ships neither When they saw them for the 1st time after stepping of the transport TP, Mckenna was almost beside himself with rage!

"How the hell do you expect a combat pilot to be effective flying in those pea shooters?!" he scolded.

"Hey! If you think your Terran friends will take you back and provide you with a better ship for nothing, then there's the door Bastu!" I replied

Mckenna did'nt have any comeback on that one.

"Look. They're one of the best armed M5's around. Not to mention the fact they ARE the heaviest shielded craft in the M5 class to. 2 X 5MJ units."

I looked at Jack Jomar and Frozen, and could see they were'nt exactly happy about it neither, but they kept their mouths shut.

"Here are you access cards boys" I said as I handed over the keys, so to speak.

"When your ready, we'll take them out on a shake down cruise, and make our way to the patrol zone I've set up for you."

All 3 nodded quietly in response. With that, we headed to our ships. The boys in their Harrier's and me back in "Inferno", with "Lazy Geordie" on remote trading duties for now. So, without furthur ado. Ladies, gentlemen, Boron, Argon, Split, Paranid, Teladi, Terrans and all other low life of the Universe! It gives me great pleasure to present to you:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00131.jpg

(updated screenshot)

Sabre Squadron! Watch out scum, were coming to get you!

Meet the pilots:

Suadron leader 1st

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00088.jpg

Sabre 2, pilot is:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00089.jpg

and last of all, Sabre 3's pilot:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00090.jpg

After Arriving at the area I designated for patrol, I gave the order to enter formation and start the patrol. The lads in front with me a few K behind them, for safety, ready to issue the attack order. With Nothing sinister appearing in Teladi Gain, we moved onto Ceo's Buckzoid. A single Pirate Buster decided to show up.

Fun time!

"OK boys. here's your chance to show me what you got! GO GET HIM!" I called through the comm.

Sabre Squadron immediately broke and headed for their target. The excitement of our 1st enemey encounter was short lived though, as non of the lads got close enough before the Buster went BOOM! :(

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00093.jpg

That was as close as anyone got! Not sure who or what got it in the end, but it was'nt any of us! Dissapointment all round. No matter though as we recommenced the patrol. Although our next encounter, in Profit Share turned out to be 1. Scarier than I had imagined 2. More successful than I had imagined! A lone Pirate Falcon appeared on the Gravidar. However, with this being an M3 I decided I wasn't going to just send the boys in all guns blazing. At least, not until I knew more. :D So armed with a freight scanner, I ordered the boys to back off, and got closer to their potential prey......

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00096.jpg

Excellent! An extremely undershielded Pirate Falcon. Although I was a bit wary of those 2 CIG's it was carrying!

"Think you lot can handle an M3?" I called out over the comm again.

"You just watch us boss!" Came the response from Jack Jomar. I hoped and prayed he was'nt going to regret those words!

"Just be careful! He's carrying CIG's!"

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00097.jpg

I was also thankful for the Teladi Sector Patrol ships that were also closing in on the Falcon, As they caused enough distraction......until.....

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00098.jpg

First of many kills for Sabre Squadron! I radioed congratulations to the boys. Although they were more bothered about who scored that kill, to care about what I thought. So a quick check of the database on "Inferno" reveals......

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... oard04.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... oard03.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... oard05.jpg

I call out "1st kill to "Damnation" and Frozen, plus 20800 credits! Nice job. Not a scratch on any of you neither"

"Bring on my next victim!" he laughed. Cocky bugger!

It was'nt until we reached Seizewell that the next target appeared.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00100.jpg

Guess the RNG gods are smiling again today. Another undershielded Falcon, and no CIG's this time!

"Do your stuff boys!" I said as I throttled back "Inferno" and watched as Sabre Squadron accelerated into the distance. Everything went smooth to start with, until the Falcon got a bead on Jack Jomar as he negotiated around a large asteroid! The Pirate let rip into the little Harrier. Shields down and taking damage.....

"Get......*crackle*.....Bastu.....*fffzzzzzt*......offa me!"

I was about to call a retreat when.....

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00101.jpg

I shouted to Jack to check he was OK.

"Still in one piece boss, but that Falcon put a few good holes in my hull. Looks like it'll need fixing! 48% integrity. Heading for nearest Repair Facility in Ceo's Sprite now"

"OK, We'll tag along to make sure no-one decides to finish you off!"

Note to self: Never send ships into battle in a pebble dashed sector! Perhaps we were all a bit cocky today. Especially after our first highly successful sortie. Either way, I was going to have to be a bit more careful about where, when and what I sent Sabre Squadron after. Reaching the Repair Facility, I instructed Jack to dock there and sort out "Dragonfire". While the rest of us docked at the Trading Station, for a well earned drink! After a while, The comm pad in my pocket beeped. It was Jack.

"22,973 credits for the full repair boss" He said rather Argnuily!

I sighed and pressed the button to authorise the transfer of funds to Jacks account to pay the mechanics.

"I know your probably not bothered." Said Mckenna, "but can you tell us who waxxed that Falcon, and saved Jack's Bastu in the process?"

I chuckled "Surprised you did'nt ask sooner Mck!"

Reaching for the comm pad again, I key in the command sequence to the database on "inferno". I show Frozen and Mckenna the score's.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... oard07.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... oard08.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... oard09.jpg

A smile crept across Frozen's face....

"Well, well. 2nd kill for you Frozen, Plus another 20800 credits. Becoming quite the capable pilot arn't you?"

Frozen said nothing, but smiled as he downed his Whiskey.

Game time = 2D 10H 32mins
Cr = 260K

Assets:

8 x Advanced Satellites
1 x Discoverer "Inferno"
1 x Terracorp Vulcan "Lazy Geordie"

3 x Harrier Sentinal (Sabre Squadron)
"Ascendant"
"Dragonfire"
"Damnation"
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sat, 5. Dec 09, 16:29

13. Revenge is a Xenon best served dismantled!

After the Return of Jack Jomar in "Dragonfire", we headed back to our patrol area and set off again on another sortie. After docking at the local Trading station in Greater Profit for supplies (or in other words, to save), we took off again. to my surprise we find these buggers, coming through the South Gate.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00103.jpg

The Xenon! Will these flying, recycled, robotic, rubbish heaps ever leave me alone?! I doubt it! Well, of course, the red mist descended upon me, and without a moments hesitation I ordered Sabre Squadron to attack.

Pay back time, for all the detours and for almost getting the drop on me in Ghins Escape!
Glad the 4 x Teladi Customs Pegasus decided to help though. I'm calling this operation:

One 'L' of a battle get it? :lol: OK, I'll get my coat. Whilst you lot peruse the battle pics

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00104.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00108.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00111.jpg

Quite quickly, the last Xenon's hull gives way and he goes boom! Even more quickly, my fingers are over the console of "Inferno" to see if Sabre Squadron scored any kills this time. To my dissapointment, they did'nt! :( Only the 2 Pirate Falcon kills registered to Frozen are on the pilot roster. So it's a good job none of them took any damage!

"Never mind lads. There will be plenty of other opportunities."

The next one comes fast aswell. As more Pirates show up.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00116.jpg

Another Falcon & a Harrier this time. I let the Harrier move off and set up to scan his friend.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00117.jpg

hmmmmm............This one at least has some sense! His shields are maxxed out, plus he's carrying a Silkworm and a handful of Mozzie's. Meh. No matter. I'm sure the boys will still have a go!

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00120.jpg

They sure did! And the results?

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00121.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00122.jpg

Hmmmm........A Mixed bag. Checking the pilot roster reveals a 1st successful kill for Jack Jomar, no bounty and this time "Damnation" is down to 68% hull intergrity. Also A Pirate Falcon Vanguard has joined the party. Time to bug out and make the 2nd trip in less than a day to the Repair Facility in Ceo's Sprite! :(

Game time = 2D 16H 10mins

a) 314,817 b) 0, c) 5 d) 2 e) 0

Key to above as below:

a Cr, b capital ships, c fighters, d civilian ships, e stations. Just trying out Gazz's idea of shortening the summery. Let me know what you think?
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 20:31

YAY! 1000+ views. Just another 380 odd thousand to go before I reach the same dizzy heights as a certain Mr Slug :D

14. Helping Others

After a quick repair costing 14,137 credits, Frozen eventually caught up with us at the local Trading Station. It was at this point, I informed the boys I was going on a little errand to OTAS Headquarters. To see what was what.

"Let us know if they have better ships!" said Mckenna, rather snobishly. Obviously still not happy with my choice of ship for Sabre Squadron!

I told them to stay put in Ceo's Sprite just now, till I returned. No point in risking any other lives unecessarily. Especially as I would have to go through a Pirate sector (EEK!), to get to Akeela's Beacon. Which is where the co-ordinates from the OTAS Transporter I rescued earlier, are from. So, with my missile defense system operating again, I set off. Although not before I see a message of interest on the BBS. The same Teladi is offering the co-ordinates of a ship for salvage, again. For a little over 50k this time. I accept and am given:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00081.jpg

I'll keep a note of that for later.

The journey through Hatikvah's Faith went without incident, thank the stars! There were a couple of patrol groups spread out around the sector. Of course they made a beeline for my ship as soon as I registered on their Gravidars. However "Inferno" was fast enough to give them a VERY wide birth. There was enough distance between me and them to escape without a shot, or a missile being fired. Onto Akeela's Beacon.

upon Arriving, I was 1st struck by the shear size of the sector! Everything was so spread out. No wonder OTAS are able to hide here. Although judging by the number of transporters heading my way, It's not exactly a secret! I keyed in the co-ordinates and sat back as the auto-pillock took over and swung the ship to the South. After an incredibly long and boring journey, the silouette of OTAS Headquarters appeared. I then notice the reason all those transports where heading in the same direction. OTAS HQ ia parked right next to the South Gate! Silly place to put it, if it's supposed to be secret!

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00133.jpg

(Sorry bout crap piture. Game would,nt let me zoom in, even just a little)

I think the 1st words which sprang to my mind were something like:

"My God!"

Except there were a few expletives chucked in there for good measure. This thing is bloody huge! After an insane amount of time taken to dock, I was suprised to find a welcoming commity waiting for me.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... 0080-1.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... 0079-1.jpg

What is it with OTAS and lost ships?! Geez man! Maybe they should tag em with tracking devices! Well, there is no way I have the resources to track down this ship. Especially if it was taken. I bet it won't be so easy to take the thing back again! So, Although I told them I would help, I took a quick peek at what they had on offer to the public and left OTAS to head back to Ceo's Sprite.

Upon returning to Ceo's Sprite, I rejoined Sabre Squadron. From there we took off and headed back to Greater Profit. Where I spent 300k joining the Racers Guild. Well, we all need a break now and then! Who knows, I may even win a race or 2 :lol: Then, we set off North. Our patrol was really quiet this time. Too quiet! We found nothing of interest until we hit Ceo's Buckzoid:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00125.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....A guy called Neol Braks, piloting an Argon Mercury, requesting an escort to Kingdom End? 12K payout when we arrive. Meh, why not? Breaks the monotony a bit. Also gives me a reason to visit the fishies again! :lol: So I accept the job, activate my missile defense system to protect the whole convoy and call Sabre Squadron into escort formation behind the TS.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00126.jpg

"Keep your eyes open for those fighters!"

Crawling along at a paltry 76m/s, my finger constantly hovering above the command console, to order Sabre Squadron to attack whatever jumps us. One eye on my Gravidar, Constantly on edge, I almost jump out of my skin when passing through Queens Space, "Betty" chimes "Incoming message". Bloody computer! I'm sure she did that on purpose!

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00128.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00129.jpg

Well, here is a turn out for the books. Looks like my fish friends want me to play hero now and rescue their Princess! Well, since this looks like a kidnapping, I think I'll hold off for now. Although I did say I would help. I told them I'd be back as soon as I could buy an Octopus. Even though I already have one in the shape of "Universe Explorer". Glad I've been able to keep him alive now! Again, I bet the kidnapper wont let the wee Princess go without a fight. I also bet they are not flying M5's neither! So, for now I have 2 missions on hold

1) Find the missing OTAS ship
2) Rescue the kidnapped Boron Princess

Returning to the controls of "Inferno", we finally enter Kingdom End and follow the TS to it's final destination. Once docked the Mercury pilot contacts me and confirms the 12k payment. Not bad, considering we did'nt bump into any hostiles. Somehow I doubt we will be so lucky next time.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... n00127.jpg

Final job of the day is to check on the progress of the trading side of the business. I'm glad to see that Nil Rana in "Happy Hauler" has made it to a level 10 trader. I congratulate her, then ask if she would like to expand on her duties, by becoming a Universal Trader. Of course she jumps at the chance, blabbing off some rubbish about wanting to see more of the Universe. Meh. Whatever, so long as she rakes in the moolah! So, I instruct her to dock at Terracorp HQ and await further instructions.

Game time = 2D 18H 32mins

a) 414,802 b) 0, c) 5 d) 2 e) 0

Key to above as below:

a Cr, b capital ships, c fighters, d civilian ships, e stations
Last edited by Buck_Rogers on Fri, 11. Dec 09, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 11. Dec 09, 08:13

The above chapter will probably be the last for a wee while. As I have used up all of my written notes. This means I'll have to find the time from somewhere to play again. Don't worry though. I'm not giving up! :D

However, with a wife and 3 kids my time is very limited just now. Although the Mrs does have a Christmas party to go to tonight! :D So, depending on what time I get the bairns of to bed and how long the house work takes, I might get enough time to sort stuff for another chapter. I hope!

Also stay tuned. I'll be looking for more volunteers for Sabre Squadron shortly.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Return to “Creative Universe”