Wanton use of nukes and the path to galactic conquest!

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

ak2507
x3tc

Post by ak2507 » Sun, 31. May 09, 19:18

Nice suit there! :P
In true Holywood fashion "Steve" is back.
Good luck N-S.

Olterin
xr

Post by Olterin » Sun, 31. May 09, 19:24

Actually, you can strafe in two directions simultaneously (doh :roll: ), thus gaining a max speed of... oh, 1.4 times the usual strafe speed - throw in the normal thrusters and you have a solid 80 m/s or so going there.

But now you have me hooked, N-S, again :oops:. Good luck, and may Leo find some oxygen on his way to a brighter future :lol:
"Do or do not, there is no try"
"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme

Jack Slinger
x3tc

Post by Jack Slinger » Sun, 31. May 09, 19:55

Hmm I wonder if you can dock at stations in the suit and if so will it replace your oxygen. Anyway nice storie looking forward to more chapters.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 31. May 09, 20:06

You can dock Jack, and I'm not sure if you replace the Oxygen... Haven't seen you on the forums for a while, thought you'd quit.

Anyways, nice one once again NS, how ya gonna get outta this one!? I can't wait!
Third time lucky!
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Sun, 31. May 09, 21:43

Ooh! Ooh! NS is back, and BOY has he set himself a challenge!

This is going to be fun. :)
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

zackinger
x3tc

Post by zackinger » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 00:21

Woot ! I´m so happy you took on the backstory approach i proposed i cant put it into words 8)

GO STEVE !!!

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 04:08

STEVE!!!!!11 yaaaaaaaay :D

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 08:27

*lights the campfire, puts the hot water on and pulls up a chair to enjoy the tale.
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 08:29

No ship, no missiles, no shields and only a repair laser.

Going to Oort cloud in spacesuit :)

simo98

Post by simo98 » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 09:02

maybe steve will persue a new career in mechanics and put that repair laser to good use?
-Eh, ill get around to it.

yoink

Post by yoink » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 13:02

Nice one NS! Looking forward to Leo's exploits. I'll be interesting to see you doing some fighting in Terran ships for a change.

I'm probably not going to be able to put this one into a document - I'm in the middle of moving to another country, so if anyone fancies keeping all of the story posts with images in a document as I did for 'Zen', can I suggest you start now?

It takes days to catch up when there are 80+ pages to go through! ;)

chelo_boga
x3tc

Post by chelo_boga » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 14:44

Nice to see u back N-S and Leo too.

If u dont mind my asking. What sort of ground rules have u choose for your latest chapter?

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 16:14

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:Which start is this BTW?
Terran Offender :)
paulhamm wrote:I love people who love challenges, go sluggy!! Can I get me a copy of that initial save game btw?
There's nothing special about it, normal start.
Tenlar Scarflame wrote:I assume you started Terran defender? Have you ganked your starting race relations at all?
Relations are whatever they are normally for now.
JoeVN09 wrote:You've been planning this all along, haven't you? It's genius. :P
I don't know what you're talking about..
chelo_boga wrote:If u dont mind my asking. What sort of ground rules have u choose for your latest chapter?
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=2907055

Prev chapter<->Next chapter
02 - O2

Well, no point hanging around waiting to get sucked into a gas giant. A rescue is a little unlikely being as my erstwhile employer doesn't know where I am, not that I'm entirely sure he'ld bother anyway.. so it looks like I'm going to have to resort to getting myself out of this one on my own. I don't particularly want to be picked up by the Terrans as I suspect while they'ld be very pleased to get their hands on one of the crew that's been causing trouble in their backyard I might enjoy the experience substantially less. Trouble is that Terran Tokyo carrier that left me in this situation is still hanging around the area..

http://dbbr17626.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/steve/02-1.jpg

.. but with the amount of debris floating around I think I stand a pretty good chance of avoiding detection. Ship sensors generally aren't accurate enough to resolve something as small as a suit unless it's trying to be found. Most guys floating about in suits want to be rescued and so are actively broadcasting their positions. I on the other hand would much prefer not to be, so I'll just cut suit emissions and pretend to be one more piece of space-junk and I should be fine. At least until my O2 runs out of course and then I get to be a bit of debris for real. Pleasant thought.

Yes Oxygen, getting some and getting out of here, my chief concerns for the time being. I've still got my combat suit and all the gear that comes with it, but chances of finding and being able to take a ship by myself are practically non-existent. Looks like I'm going to have to do this the hard way and hoof it. O2 is still a concern, where to get some? If I had a ship I could just top up off the ships tanks, but if I had a ship I wouldn't have this problem anyway! Actually if I did have a ship I'ld probably have a bigger problem, a Tokyo sized one headed directly my way, but I digress. O2, yep, looks like there's only one solution to this problem, I'll have to work my way from station to station back to home territory. I'm sure they won't notice a small hole in the hull on a station that size..

http://dbbr17626.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/steve/02-2.jpg

.. not for a while anyway and I'll be long gone by then.

Passing thru the accelerators might be a problem, it's the one time I should end up in close proximity to any ships that might notice. Outside of that tho I'll be pretty much invisible so it looks like I'm due for a long boring journey with just my O2 meter to keep me company..

Assets
1x Spacesuit

Time: 00:17:33
Credits: 1000
Last edited by NUKLEAR-SLUG on Tue, 1. Sep 09, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.

Bothersome
x3tc

Post by Bothersome » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 16:31

This looks to be a very interesting story.

Curios as to how you set the mode...

Did you buy something to get to 1000cr or did you start with that much from the game start? And did you jump out of your starting ship and set Terran as enemy and command it to attack all enemies until it is destroyed?
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

Col. Blackwolf
x4

Post by Col. Blackwolf » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 16:36

Love the shot of you using your laser to "hole" that station for O2.

Looking forward to another exciting adventure :D

Black Gryphon
x4

Post by Black Gryphon » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 18:23

Any bets on how long he lasts?

MasterChief096

Post by MasterChief096 » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 20:16

Black Gryphon wrote:Any bets on how long he lasts?
The Kha'ak will find and devour him.

Olterin
xr

Post by Olterin » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 20:44

Black Gryphon wrote:Any bets on how long he lasts?
Right until a nasty Boron capital that ambushed his (former) employer does the same to him :twisted:

Just kidding - hope something like that doesn't happen this time :lol:
"Do or do not, there is no try"
"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme

yoink

Post by yoink » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 12:02

Bothersome wrote:
Curios as to how you set the mode...
Terran Defender Start.

Fly to jupiter.

Self destruct ship.

Eject.

Game start.

IIRC all terran ships in the core sectors are hostile to you from the start until you get clearance to enter their sectors through the story.

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Tue, 2. Jun 09, 15:53

Prev chapter<->Next chapter
03 - Freedom

Succesfully managing to negotiate the Jupiter 2 Orbital Accelerator catapults me out into Jupiter space and the planet itself is suddenly looking a whole lot smaller. About the size it was when I first saw it in fact, which could mean homefleet is still in this system and close by! I'm almost tempted to turn on my suit comms and try to send a signal but two things stop me. The first, I'm still deep in Terran space with no guaruntee that any friendly ships are even still around, the second.. I'm free. As far as my employer is concerned I'm dead.

That's a bit of a new concept for me actually. After my press-ganging into the mercenary corps of Mak G'Yvrs pirate clan I'ld pretty much resigned myself to a short, brutal, life as a ship-boarding meat-puppet. As it happens it turned out I had a certain flair with a carbine, but the chance to get away from that and start afresh.. tempting. The only thing stopping me? A few hundred kilometres of vacuum amd mass of Terran hardware enroute. Neither of which of bothers me in the slightest compared to the worry over the telltales indicating my O2 supply..

Crossing Jupiter is uneventful, just tedious and the Orbital Accelerator is almost free of traffic. Catapulting thru I'm briefly concerned over the possibility of hurtling out the other side and finding myself bug-splatted against the nose of an incoming Tyr or something equally massive but then it occurs to me an impact at that speed I'm not going to feel much so meh, whatever. As it happens the exit point is also pretty clear so doing my best impression of a micro-meteorite I sail deeper into Asteroid Belt and toward Commonwealth territory.

Halfway across the sector and passing the Orbital Defence Station and my destination is in sight..

http://dbbr17626.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/steve/03-1.jpg

.. Thru that gate and I'm into Commonwealth territory. Well, sortof. Apparently the Terrans have annexed it as a buffer zone between them and the rest of the universe, but it's not heavily patrolled so effectively it puts me in the clear. Heretics End here I come..

http://dbbr17626.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/steve/03-2.jpg

.. Bleeurgh!

Assets
1x Spacesuit

Time: 00:48:40
Credits: 1000
Last edited by NUKLEAR-SLUG on Tue, 1. Sep 09, 18:39, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Creative Universe”