The Gate - chptr 5 completed (06/02/04)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Tue, 3. Feb 04, 10:43

Great turn of events. :)

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Tue, 3. Feb 04, 12:34

Wow. Looks like you are doing a Steve there merc lol. Good part.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Tue, 3. Feb 04, 13:52

Good stuff Merc. Certainly going to be an interesting time for Tor as I dont believe they are taking him back home for tea and biscuits!!!

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Sat, 7. Feb 04, 01:30

Completed...

Lots of new posts which has made this difficult to bump...

THESPEEKER
x3tc

Post by THESPEEKER » Sat, 7. Feb 04, 02:09

nice one Merc

BUMP!

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Sat, 7. Feb 04, 03:41

Excellent finish to the chapter! good to see Tor has some support.
Well, it'll be interesting what greeting Tor receives. It certainly won't be too cheerful.
Good move of Broden's to keep Sweety on the station. I guess those batons have fried the electronics on th Defiance, kind of EMP weapon? Luckily they did not destroy the ship! Anyway, the pressure is on and they have to find the assassin quick.

Looking forward to seeing how that develops!

"dangerously unwanted phenomenon" - phenomena (pl.)
"Turning towards the door he left his quarters and headed towards the docking bay."
"I think it best that I don't tell you." - it is?

Silio

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Post by Silio » Sat, 7. Feb 04, 07:40

great read, eagerly awaiting the next one merc!!!!!!!

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Sat, 7. Feb 04, 12:13

Great read Merc, so if Tor doesnt walk and appears restrained that would make him guilty, or guilty looking, weird. But then again the advanced Mohrabans (they know or knew the Ancients) are turning out to be far more warlike than I first expected! Still I expect any advanced and civilized race has to get over a few wars in its infancy.

I'd also expect that Sweety will soon be working on a defence against that weapon, looked like some sort of EMP device, glad she wasn't fried, and with the urgency that Broden is now displaying about finding the assasin i'd guess Tor is probably in a lot of trouble.

Looking forward to more, cheers Merc.

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Mon, 9. Feb 04, 11:15

Cheers all,

========
Ended up playing X2 during my free time at the weekend (only have 9 game days on the clock since recieving my US copy). Currently exploiting one of the "unknown" sectors to establish my own self contained, sulf sufficient empire and produce all the ship weapons & shields for bought & captured ships.

Anyway all that aside it does mean that I didn't do much typing .. :roll: .. but it has helped fire the imagination, right until this morning when I opened my front door to be greeted by a box containing the EU version of X2.... hmmm
========

Yep the Mohrabas have developed the Sentinals EMP based weapons further and implemented them on the Carrier. It's a field effect weapon of limited range and quite devastating against multiple foes (developed with the Khaak in mind). But uses a huge amount of power so only the carrier has it fitted.

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Mon, 9. Feb 04, 11:43

KiwiNZ wrote:
"dangerously unwanted phenomenon" - phenomena (pl.)
"Turning towards the door he left his quarters and headed towards the docking bay."
"I think it best that I don't tell you." - it is?
Edited...

I have left the last one just a colloquialism from the translator. :)

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Mon, 9. Feb 04, 15:24

Just caught up - great!

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Mon, 9. Feb 04, 21:07

Mercenary wrote:Yep the Mohrabas have developed the Sentinals EMP based weapons further and implemented them on the Carrier. It's a field effect weapon of limited range and quite devastating against multiple foes (developed with the Khaak in mind). But uses a huge amount of power so only the carrier has it fitted.
So kind of like the Ion Disruptor with a PSG-like expansion, I assume? When I read it I kind of had the impression they had missile-like charges. Yeah, a downside for every advantageous invention. Really sucks :lol:

Return to “Creative Universe”