Race Portraits.

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Tue, 1. Jun 10, 23:22

Love them! Really great and detailed portraits!
*khmmkhmmwatchandlearnEgosoftkhmmkhmm. khmmhinthint;)khmm*

Urschleim
x4

Post by Urschleim » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 23:19

They look absolutely brilliant! Well done, Axeface!

Vanguard3000
x4

Post by Vanguard3000 » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 04:02

Fantastic work, Axeface. I especially like the Paranid. I can totally see that guy giving me some self-righteous, holier-than-thou bullcrap. ;)

nazaxprime
xr

I know I'm late, but you deserve the thanks.

Post by nazaxprime » Mon, 18. Jul 11, 10:02

Thank you. I too am an artist, but alas I STILL don't have the $ for Zbrush, and that's to say nothing about commercial licensing.
On top of that,
I love your treatment of the Paranid! Great work and thanks again!
I really Mudbox...
/Shotguntoothbrush
.~

Chillwill
x4

Post by Chillwill » Fri, 9. Sep 11, 20:37

Some truly amazing work you have here. I absolutely love the boron and the paranid. The boron looks so sad and kind really fits how i see them as a people. Think they look a lot like the concepts which i also like even if i was a bit suprised about there body hehe.

Have you tried adding some whiskers kinda like in the concept, maybe sticking out of the thrid fold you have, kind of where the snout meets the "jaw". Could be cool but i really love what you have so far. They might look cool with some tentacle/dangly bits from the holes at the lower back of head too.

The first paranid is also extremely cool, don't change a thing on them. The look absolutely evil. Much prefer the original skin tone to the newer one.

I think the teladi eyes suit the sneaky ways too, Also looks
like they are high on space weed :)

shikaka04
x3tc

Post by shikaka04 » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 21:28

As for Clothing of the Teladi. I think you should give him quite lux clothing. from the Book, it sounds Teladi will only spend money on them self's but not on others unless they gain profit from it. a rich Teladi in the book buys a yacht designed by another race with the Highest specs and luxurys. which does prove they buy the best for them self but not for others.

Also in the book they have some sort of scale on their heads which rises and lowers and change's colour depending on their mood. I suggest you read the book to learn more about their personality. the first book Farnams legend deals with a Teladi right at the beginning. This would certainly be a good in sight into what they should look like.

RefocusedLight
x4

Post by RefocusedLight » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 10:13

I adore adore adore your art! And yes, X-universe totally needs hi-res art of the races.

on a less hyperactive note - smiles at the discussions of the Teladi, jewellery and looking after hatcheries. I'd fully expect male Teladi being the likely ones for those - even if there are no natural inequalities, we could expect something like that to arise as a response to the planetbound situation and minority status. I don't think the Teladi have the concept of jewelry though. And i don't think a Teladi can look 'male' or 'female' to a Terran. I'm only saying that in general, not about the art - the art looks and feels very much right.

As for the Paranid - love both concepts to bits. I do suppose both could be valid as the amount of natural variance and morphological differences within the species is pretty much undefined. I suppose their lips could be less human - with a slightly harder feel to them and revealing small tusks/fangs on each side as per description. They don't even have to protrude much, just change the line of the mouth.
Can't create imaginary friends, only enemies
/Dresden Codak/

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 02:53

:o this is amazing

i really hope that egosoft will have better species art for X Rebirth, along similar lines to what you have made (or better yet they hire you :D )

scuanor
x3ap

Post by scuanor » Thu, 8. Mar 12, 03:44

Now THAT is how a game from 2012 ( X3 AP ) should look!
Very nice work on the portraits, Axeface, what an irony that someone with your
name can create something so beautiful °winks°

kaboooom2000uk
x3tc

Post by kaboooom2000uk » Wed, 6. Jun 12, 02:41

Amazing artwork,

One day it would be nice to actually see something of this magnitude in game, instead of just on forums, it would be a pleasing change to the tired old comm images, which seem to lack variation.

It would be cool to see your impressions of the Kha'ak. Am i right in hearing somewhere they are an insect species?

Also the Xenon, I am imagining they looks like something from the Borg, or are they literally formless software controlling empty ships. Marines say they are flighting when I try to capture a ship, so I'm assuming they are like humanoid robots with appendages and possibly weapons and tools..

Keep up the good artwork.
AK

Khayul

Post by Khayul » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 00:06

Can't wait for a new batch of art :D I love them :D

also @ Kaboooom2000uk, the Xenon are just Hardware, like in your PC (but I guess more advanced heheh)

And yeah, Kha'ak are insects :D

Liberty_Prime
x4

Post by Liberty_Prime » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 20:23

The Kha'ak? :)

Its my creation.

Last edited by Liberty_Prime on Wed, 16. Jan 19, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
Freedom for EVER!

spankahontis
x4

Re: Race Portraits.

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 10. Apr 14, 18:13

Axeface wrote:Hello everyone!

A long time in the making, here is some artwork I have been working on, inspired by the x series.

About a 6 months ago I was asked by the xtended team to do some models of the x races for a project of theirs. So far i've done the Boron, Paranid and Teladi.

They are all in the w.i.p phases, and a lot more work needs to be done to complete them.
Soon i'll be doing the Split, Argon and Khaak :) I say soon, but these models have taken me many months on and off, because of RL concerns (Getting married, moving house, job hunting, computer exploding etc etc). However, now I have some freetime i'm hoping to get a move on with them.

What I have tried to do is mix the most recent concept art, and the in-game video's to get an overall view of the races. Along with descriptions from the x novels and other sources. The most difficult race to envision has definately been the teladi, with no new concept art, and only the in-game video's to go by, i;ve had to use a lot of artistic licence and written descriptions.

Any feedback is wanted, I hope that you all like! (Remember that they are wip ;p )

TELADI

PARANID

BORON

Once I have the models completed, clothed, posed and fully textured I will be creating some wallpapers/pics for the xtended wiki site :)
I huge thanks to the Xtended mod people and all their advice and crits over the months!

XTENDED

What I would love is to recieve some feedback from egosoft directly! See if my visions are accurate according to them! Thats the most important thing to me.

Cheers!

Axeface

PS: Link to ego 2006 concept images. CLICK

The Boron one looks fantastic!!

Did you use 3ds Max?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D